Not an Elf

By asarcasticchild

Apparently, in this world, having pointed ears makes you an elf. Great. In other news, Rin has fallen into a... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18: Epilogue

Chapter 11

4.9K 186 75
By asarcasticchild

I don't own anything, including ALL pictures.

---

It began to rain.

Of course it's raining. Because devil's luck is a lie and I hate everything.

"Your pessimist side is showing, Rin."

The half-demon was standing on the battlements of Helm's Deep, Legolas on his right. The orc armies were approaching, marching forward. Their numbers were huge, to say the least. He was pretty sure that he had never seen a bigger amount of people.

"Are you ready, Rin?"

... no.

"Timing is going to be important."

I know.

The orcs stopped. Aragorn began to rally the elven troops. "-Show them no mercy! For you shall receive none!"

Rin flinched as an animalistic cry came from the orc leader. His hand tightened on the sheathed Koma sword, heartbeat echoing in his ears loudly enough to drown out the surrounding noise.

An orc fell. Later, he would learn that an older man had lost a grip on his bow. A silence reigned for but a few seconds, than the orcs charged.

"Now, Rin."

The half-demon bit his lip and nodded, before turning to Legolas slightly. The elf looked at him, some confusion in his eyes. Rin blushed and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before jumping over the side of the battlement.

Fine, you stupid cat, I kept your end of the deal.

"Was it really that hard."

He unsheathed Kurikara and swiped it in one long U-shape, before narrowing his eyes in concentration as he willed it to get bigger. Some of the advancing orcs paused, only to be run over by their less hesitant brethren.

The fire cut into the front line like a scythe, and caught like gasoline. Arrows that had been held by the enemy were released, and Rin ducked and dodged but was still grazed several times. The half-demon gaped as the single arc of satanic flame spread, leaping from beast to beast. Huge ladders that they had been carrying went up in flame even quicker than the orcs, causing lines of blue flame to spread out from the initial wave. Howls and screams filled the air as lines upon lines of orcs were wiped out.

Rin's grip tightened on his sword, and he concentrated on the blue fire to grow, a bonfire emerging from the enemy army. He looked back at the battlements for a few seconds, and saw awed faces bathed in blue light.

An explosion as what Rin could guess was a bomb caught fire, and orcs went flying. The blue fire just kept going, but the half-demon could tell that he was reaching his limit.

Behind him, silence permeated the armies of men and elves. The rest of the orcs, what could only be less than a thousand ran in an attempt to escape the flame. The arc of fire ended when the very stupid beings realized that all they had to do to not die was not stand close to their comrades.

Unfortunately, it seemed to take nine thousand+ of their number dying to figure that out.

"That's a lotta damage."

Oh my god, Kuro.

The half-demon felt dizzy, and stumbled to his knees. Probably caused Kuro's statement. Hey Kuro, I think Imma lie down for a sec.

Kuro nodded and placed the half-demon gently onto his back. The last thing Rin heard was screams and cries of jubilation echoing from Helm's Deep as the last orcs attempted to rally themselves for a heavily outnumbered battle.

---

So, as it turned out, poisoned arrows were actually the cause of him passing out, not Kuro.

He blinked open his eyes slowly when he woke up, a soft yawn escaping him. The half-demon sat up, a feeling of lightheadedness filling him temporarily before running away to hide until it was needed again. Slowly, he took in his surroundings. He was in a white bed, in a room he now recognized as one of the chambers leading off of the King's keep. (He had explored a lot before finding the kitchens.) Legolas was sitting next to him, a blinding smile in place, and-

Oh.

Rin didn't have time to go red as he was carefully embraced by the elven prince.

Was that Kuro laughing in the background? Yes, yes he was.

"-I'm glad you are awake, Rin." The elf murmured in his ear. Rin leaned slightly into the embrace, blushing madly. Eventually, Legolas leaned back into his chair, offering him a comforting smile, although worry could be seen in his eyes. "-Your wounds healed with poison in them. We had thought you wouldn't make it, but your body fought off the poison quickly. You have been asleep for a day and night."

Rin nodded, breaking eye contact to look down and fiddle with the edge of his blanket.

"You're so awkaaard." sung Kuro.

He heard a rustle of movement, and Legolas gave him a soft peck on the cheek. He looked up at the elf, who was smiling at him, and blushed.

Over Legolas's shoulder, he saw Aragorn walk into the room, followed by Boromir and Gimli. After them marched Gandalf.

Aragorn smiled and tilted his head in respect. "You saved countless lives on this day. Never before have I seen such power put to good use."

Gimli nodded. "Aye, laddie. Flame fiercer than a Balrog."

Rin grinned.

---

The half-demon hated to admit it, but he was really very glad when the remainder of the fellowship set out for Fangorn Forest.

His friends, and Théoden, Éowyn, and Haldir had basically acted the same towards him (respectively), but most of what he received from the refugees and soldiers was awed stares. There had been some that looked afraid of him as well, and distrust from some of the Lothlorien elves which had been... not his favorite.

Rin shivered as Orthanc came into view.

I'm not sure whether I'm more impressed with the huge (intimidating) tower or the level of destruction surrounding it.

His cat let out a squeal of excitement.

"Rin, it's Merry and Pippin!!"

Kuro bounded forwards to greet the hobbits, ignoring the yells of startled dwarf from his back, and the hobbit's jumped to their feet. "Welcome, my lords, to Isengard!"

"You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you, feasting and... smoking!" Gimli grumbled and Pippin laughed.

"We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good."

"Salted pork?"

Gandalf shook his head. "Hobbits."

"We're under orders, from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard." Pippin explained before Aragorn plucked him from the wall and onto his horse, Rin pulling Merry onto his. The group then proceeded to ride through the broken outer wall and approached-

I think I figured out what the Ents are, Kuro.

His cat snorted, looking at the huge tree with face and beard. "You don't say."

"Young Master Gandalf. I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master. But there is a Wizard to manage here, locked in his tower."

"Show yourself." Aragorn whispered.

"Be careful. Even in defeat, Saruman is dangerous."

Gimli called out, "Well, let's just have his head and be done with it!"

"No. We need him alive. We need him to talk."

"You have fought many wars and slain many men, Théoden King," Saruman called before appearing at the top of his tower, "and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?"

Rin gaped at the wizard. No? Ya literally just sent an entire army at him, geezer.

"We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

"Gibbets and crows? Dotard!" Rin bit his lip to keep from laughing. It seemed like it would be rather inappropriate. " What do you want, Gandalf Greyhame? Let me guess. The key of Orthanc. Or perhaps the Keys of Barad-dur itself along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rods of the Five Wizards!"

"Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands more are at risk. But you can save them, Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's counsel."

"So you have come here for information. I have some for you." Saruman raised a dark crystal ball and gazed into it. "Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it." He put the stone back down. "Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon. You're all going to die. But you know this, don't you, Gandalf? You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile, crept from the shadows, will never be crowned king. What do you think of those plans son of the Steward?" he looked at Boromir before his eyes fell on Rin. "And this boy who wields such deadly flame. Are you truly so desperate as to employ a demon," Rin flinched and the man laughed, "Did you think that I would not know? The Dark Lord sees all."

The ex-wire initially shrunk back, then-

Wait a fuckin' minute.

Rin narrowed his eyes, before standing up on his horse and cupping his hands around his mouth. I'm not a little kid anymore. "Fuck you, thot." He plopped back down onto the horse, crossing his arms and refusing to make eye contact with the rest of the party.

He heard Pippin laugh, and Mary join in shortly after.

The traitorous wizard attempted to recover, and the hobbits quieted. "Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him, those he professes to love. Tell me, what words of comfort did you give the Halfling before you sent him to his doom? The path that you have set him on can only lead to death."

Gimli snorted. "I've heard enough!" He leaned over and whispered to Legolas. "Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his gob."

The elf nodded and drew his bow. "Gladly."

Gandalf shook his head. "No. Come down, Saruman, and your life will be spared."

"Save your pity and your mercy. I have no use for it!"

"Saruman, your staff is broken." Gandalf commanded. Saruman's staff broke in his hands. Rin peered up at a new figure, who appeared to be that "advisor" from Rohan, the greasy one.

"Grima, you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once a Man of Rohan. Come down." Théoden called out to him.

"A Man of Rohan? What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll on the floor with the dogs? The victory at Helm's Deep does not belong to you, Théoden Horse-master. You are a lesser son of greater sires." Saruman's mocking words rang out.

"Grima, come down. Be free of him."

"Free? He will never be free."

"No." Grima shook his head.

"Get down, cur!" Saruman hit Grima, knocking him down.

"Saruman! You were deep in the enemy's counsel. Tell us what you know!" Gandalf tried. Grima got up slowly as he drew a small dagger. Rin raised a brow as he saw it but didn't say anything.

"You withdraw your guard, and I will tell you where your doom will be decided. I will not be held prisoner here."

Likely story, geezer.

Grima pounced on Saruman and stabbed him several times. Legolas released an arrow, hitting Grima. Grima winced in pain and fell back, making Saruman plummet off the tower and towards the ground. He landed on top of a spear on one of his own devices. Rin flinched. That. That is gross.

Disgust fell over the faces of several of the riders at the grim sight.

"Send word to all our allies, and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike." Gandalf commanded even as the wheel spun, sinking Saruman into the waters.

---

Lol sry for the wait i am failing so many classes right now. Also, the struggle to find animated characters of lotr peeps is Real.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 13 2
also published on ao3 (ishipjawnlock) -- "Do you think they'd believe me if I told them the Prince of Mirkwood drags me into the woods every night to...
592K 10.8K 23
Romance, betrayal, angst, and more! Be prepared for a rollercoaster of emotions with this series of Legolas one shots based on imagines. For the pur...
59.7K 1.6K 17
Rin is taken to Gehenna and Yukio decides to try and bring him back as an exorcist, when he try's to become a tamer he summons Rin. I own nothing!
286K 8.1K 31
You are living the good life as a she-elf in Rivendell when Aragorn comes to visit. You assume it's to visit Arwen, your older sister. But then your...