Me without you-MLB

By michellesosa42

After the trip to New York Adrien finds himself confused about his feelings. Marinette in the other hand find... More

Just a friend
Marinette's Dilema
Getting ready
A new Gabriel?
Seeing you again
Confession, confusion, rejection, and mistakes
The heartbreak
Pain and Anger
Tikki's anger
Demanded explanations
Surprises and decisions
The lie
Gabriel hears the truth
Hating Ladybug
A new Marinette
Friendships and confrontations
Adrien's breaking point
Adrien's breaking point part 2
Kagami's situation
Text messages and truths
Letters - Part 1
Letters - Part 2
Doubts and Projects
A plan and a misunderstanding
Painful confrontation
The final Goodbye
Last words
Is this real or is this heaven?
Start of something new
Finding home
Ladybug and Chat Noir?
Hawkmoth?
Friends and photoshoots
Forgiveness and Blessings
The fight for love
The date
The end
Alternate Ending (Heaven)
***Special announcement***
new book

Tueur de jeu

954 26 6
By michellesosa42

Gabriel paced back and forth in front of Natalie's bed. He could feel all the wanted emotions. They were everywhere, and all were really powerful. The hate, the anger, the pain, he felt every single one. Not one, but four. Maybe even six possible victims. He said he would stop. He said he would make sure Adrien was happy, but he was struggling. Some of these emotions were more powerful than he could ever imagine. Gabriel was sure he would be victorious if he were to capitalize on at least one of them, but he kept trying to fight the urge to send the Akuma. For Adrien's sake for his sake, he had to move on.

"Gabriel, go. I know you want to," Natalie said sadly. Natalie always hid her emotions, almost as well as Gabriel did. She had been in love with him ever since they were young but hid them for Emilie's sake and then for Adrien's sake, and lastly, in fear of rejection. Natalie once thought she could have a chance with Gabriel after her incident but was surprised to find him constantly fighting to bring her back. She would never admit it out loud, but it hurt. Her heart broke every time he sent an Akuma, and even worse when she had to help him, but she was loyal, and all she wanted was his happiness. Of course, she wished he would move on and see that she would make him feel happy and loved but knew he still loved his wife more than anything.

"But I want to be better for Adrien," Gabriel responded. Natalie nodded before speaking again, "And that would be wise, but I can see it in your eyes you want to do this. I can tell that you can see they are powerful. I advise you to try. Try one last time. If you succeed, then great if not, then give up the miraculous and try to move on." Gabriel nodded. "Thank you, Natalie."

After heading to the hidden layer, Gabriel called upon his power. "Nooroo, dark wings rise." Hawkmoth now stood in Gabriel's place. A white butterfly landing in his hand, waiting to be evilized. Once again, Hawkmoth found himself struggling. Did he really want to do this? No, but he had to do this. His last attempt, his most powerful Akuma, he had to try.

"Go my little Akuma and evilize her broken heart."

___________________________________________________________________

After explaining what happened and promising to try and fix it, Tikki and Plagg went their separate ways. Tikki flew inside Marinette's room only to see her still crying while taking the pictures of Adrien down. Tikki gulped, feeling so guilty for what she said. If Marinette forgot Adrien, it would be her fault. She had to figure out a way to tell her not to without hinting at his identity. After all, she found out the truth because of Plagg. It's not like she could say, Hey Mari, Plagg told me the Adrien does like you but is confused, oh, yeah, you know Plagg Chat's kwami.

Clearing her throat, she spoke once again. "Marinette, I am so sorry" Marinette quickly looked up to see a sad Tikki. Marinette let out a breath of relief upon seeing her kwami. An alert of a storm had been transmitted in the news, and she worried Tikki was in danger. "No, you are right, Tikki. I am sorry," Marinette responded sadly. Tikki shook her head. "No, I was angry, and I wasn't thinking. Look, Marinette, don't write him off just yet. We still don't know how he feels, we didn't technically let him speak, and even if he has no feelings, he has always tried to be a good friend, right? and didn't you promise him to be his friend no matter what?" She spoke hopefully.

This time Marinette shook her head. "No, Tikki, what kind of friend toys with people's feelings? He flirted with me while dating Kagami. He didn't think of friendship when he did that. I was a piece in his game, and the game must come to an end."Marinette responded angrily. Tikki sighed. Technically, Marinette had a point, but Adrien didn't play her. It wasn't a game as she had originally thought. "You have a point, but we don't know if it was in purpose. At least listen to his messages and then figure it out." Marinette sighed, knowing there is no way she would win against Tikki. So, she had no choice but to agree.

Marinette stopped taking the pictures down and picked up the phone. This was not Tikki's best idea, which she would soon find out. Marinette went to the text messages first. Only to find herself regretting it only a few seconds after. Her jaw snapped together forcefully, and her teeth gritted together, making a horrible noise. Tears submerged her eyes. "Friend," she mumbled. "I'm am just a friend. He will never see me as more than that. I will never be more than a simple friend. So, I am only a friend? Well, not anymore!"

Tikki silently cursed how dumb Plagg holder was. Your friend-zoning her was what had caused this in the first place. How could he add the word friend after what just happened? 'Friend' was definitely not good. Tikki watched as Marinette cried louder, but this time not just of sadness, but of anger. Now, more than ever, Marinette was sure Adrien had toyed with her emotions, and for some reason, she wanted him to pay. To hurt just like she was hurting right now. Marinette held her phone in one hand, gripping it tightly.

Tikki was afraid that the phone would shatter in her hand. She could see the phone's screen begin to turn colors. With her free hand, Marinette pulled out the charm Adrien had given her. She felt like throwing it back in his face, to hurt him as he did her, but she couldn't. Marinette was Ladybug, and it was her who had to fight whatever it is she was feeling. She had to be the example. She always had to be the happy one. The hero, the one that has to force a smile through the pain. The nice one, and the leader. Sometimes it was so hard being Ladybug. Many times she wished to quit and be normal. Closing her eyes tightly, she tried to take a deep breath, but it was too late.

"Tueur de jeu, I am Hawkmoth. I give you the power to end all those who insist on playing games with people's feelings. All I ask is that you bring me Ladybug's and Chat Noir's Miraculous." Tueur de jeu? Game killer? Tikki's eyes widened in fear as she saw the purple butterfly headline on her holder's face. What she had feared since the beginning of the day was now happening. The world would be doomed. No, no, no. Not this, this is bad, really bad. Marinette was not only Ladybug, but she is the guardian. "Marinette, listen to me, you have to fight it! I know you can fight it. Think of everything good in your life, your parents, your friends, your dream." Tikki spoke to flying towards Marinette. She then proceeded to pull out her earrings and hide them before Marinette would be fully akumatized.

"No, Hawkmoth. I refuse your power," Marinette heard herself say, shocking Hawkmoth. She could hear the voice of Tikki telling her to fight it, but even then, she could feel how she was slowly losing control of her body. It was as if she was being pulled into the darkness, and she was desperately trying to hang on. "Don't you want revenge? Don't you want to hurt him just as bad as he hurt you? He deserves to suffer for playing you like a pawn. Take the power I am giving you make him suffer." Marinette began slowly transforming. Begining, from the bottom and going up. Marinette's colored clothes were now slowly changing to a black and purple leather dress.

Hawkmoth was so convincing. Marinette was just about ready to give up and give him what he wanted, but she couldn't the fate of Paris rest in her hands not only as Ladybug but as the guardian. Tikki didn't know what today. She was aware that Hawkmoth would be listening, and the last thing she wanted was to reveal Ladybug's identity. She had to speak to her as she was a friend.

"Marinette, think of how much your parents love you. Find your happy place, the good memories, but overall remember that I love you and I believe in you. Please, fight it. I know Adrien caused you pain, but you are good, and you know you don't really want to hurt him." Hawkmoth was taken back by the voice of the friend with Marinette. "Adrien?" he thought. His son caused this much pain? Dupain-Cheng? This heartbroken and destroyed soul was the girl that his son was head over heels for, the one that made his smile grown and his eyes sparkle like stars? But how? Why? He was sure this young designer was the last person his son would ever hurt. Gabriel didn't doubt that Adrien loved her. Nothing was making sense at the moment.

Hawkmoth was now facing a new problem. Well, technically not new since it was his son that had given him a reason to want to change. But, now, if he pushed for the akumatization, his son could suffer and be hurt. Hawkmoth was sure Marinette's pain would drive her to succeed. This akumatization would be what he needed to get the Cat and Ladybug miraculous, but he was also sure it would be at the expense of his only son. So what would he do? "As much as I want him to hurt, I refuse to do it. I love him. I always will. If forgiving him it's what it takes, then I forgive you, Adrien. Now get this thing off me! Ahhhhhhhh!" Marinette yelled in pain as she felt like her insides were being ripped apart.

Tikki watched, afraid for her holder. She knew it was possible to deevilize an Akuma from within if you were pure at heart, and being the guardian only made it easier, but it had also never been done before. At least those who tried had failed, most even died, but Marinette was the strongest. They found that out the second, that she was able to use all the miraculous at once. All who tried had either died or were driving to the edge of insanity. But not Marinette. She was special. That is why Tikki believed she could do it. Marinette could fight this and more. "Marinette, fight it, please," Tikki sobbed. Marinette was halfway through her transformation, and Tikki was beginning to lose hope. 

"Ahhhhhhhh," she heard Marinette screamed in pain. Her screams were louder by the second. If anyone heard, they would be sure the young designer was being murdered, and if you asked Marinette, that is exactly what it felt like. Tikki was about to fly towards her holder, she wanted to reassure Marinette she was present. That she would help her fight it, but that's when she felt the presence of someone running in. Tikki quickly hid but made sure that she had a view of Marinette. If exposing herself was what it took to save Marinette, then so be it. Soon the trap door flew open, and before Tikki could see who it was, she heard someone loudly yell,

"Marinette!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 88 21
!!CRINGE ALERT!! !! Characters are not originally mine. Those go to Thomas Astruc. !! Marinette is pressurized, betrayed, heartbroken and depressed...
117K 2.9K 19
Adrien Agreste may seem like he has everything together. Being a famous model, all the girls crushing on him, secretly living a double life as a famo...
1K 49 11
After a new hawkmoth has taken over Paris , Marinette struggles handling her position as guardian alone . Adrien struggles with the trauma left behin...
31.2K 1.3K 55
What happens after Adrien and Kagami become official? Will Marinette move on? Will Adrien realize his true feelings? Will all this distractions allow...