Remember + Niall Horan

By midknightniall

Niall Horan lost everything. He lost his memory, his whole life, leaving him only with the knowledge of his n... More

One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One

Two

6K 182 31
By midknightniall

Chapter 2

Arianna's POV~

That next morning, I forgot that I brought that boy home last night.

So it surprised me when I walked out into the living room and found him. Shocked as I was, I screamed when I saw him just sitting there on the same spot I left him.

His eyes widened and he stood up quickly and nervously watched me panic.

His blue eyes made contact with mine.

"Hey, uh..." he nervously spoke.

I stepped back, trying to calm myself and regain my breath.

He was so drunk last night, but now that he looked wide awake, he looked a lot different. His eyes were baby blue, and his face was fresh. He looked so handsome.

"Do I know you?" he asked me quietly.

"What?" I asked.

"Where am I?" he asked.

"My apartment." I said.

He seemed to think for a minute.

"And why am I here?" he asked.

"Well... umm, you sort of followed me last night. You were drunk." I said.

He looked so confused. I was too.

"I'm Niall." he finally spoke.

"I'm Arianna." I gave him a small smile.

I sat there and watched him. He was playing with his fingers.

"Uh, so...Aren't you gonna go home now?" I asked him. I wasn't trying to be rude, but it didn't seem like he was leaving anytime soon.

"Where's home?"

I looked at him confused. Where's home? Aren't you suppose to know that yourself? How would I know?

"Don't you remember where you live?"

He stared at the ground. He was trying really hard to think where he came from.

"I really don't know." he sighed.

The way he spoke, so quietly and sadly made me feel so much sympathy towards him.

"Wait a minute," I said, before turning around to walk back into my bedroom.

I found my phone that laid on my dresser, then walked back out into the living room and gave it to him.

He held it in his hand and turned it on.

The screen pulled up the dial screen, showing numbers. His thumb wandered around the screen, not exactly touching anything.

I stood by him, watching his thumb that almost touched a number but it seemed as if he was unsure. He breathed heavily.

"I don't know the number."

"I don't get it." I said.

He raised his head to look at me and looked at me confused.

"You don't know where you live... and you don't know anyone's phone number? Your parents number? A friend? Somebody?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I don't know. My mind is completely blank right now."

He handed me back my phone. He gazed at the floor. After a minute he stood up and looked at me.

"I'm sorry, I'm causing you trouble. I should probably leave." he bowed his head a little and gave me an apologetic smile.

"No, it's alright." I said, and he stopped, taking his hand to cover his face. Was he about to cry?

I stood back and watched him. Again, I didn't know what to do.

"The only thing I can remember is that my name is Niall. That's it." he said, his voice full of frustration.

"Do you remember going into some kind of stroke or memory loss, maybe?" I asked.

"I'm not sure." he responded.

I sighed. I was thinking on what I should do. I had no idea what was wrong with him.

"Hey," finally I thought of something.

He raised his eyebrows at me and waited for me to go on. His expression had dropped and even though I don't know him, it was killing me.

"Doctor! Uh... uh... a doctor would know, right? They can look at you and stuff?" I asked.

He let out a short breath before replying.

"Yeah, I guess so." he said, the tone in his voice a little hopeful.

.-.-.-.-.-.

I wanted to get him checked out as soon as he could so I hurriedly pulled on a pair of sweats and pulled on a shirt.

Walking out, I found Niall sitting on the steps in front of the doorway. He looked up, hearing me walk out.

"Thanks for helping me." he immediately said when he made eye contact with me.

He gave me a half smile. Although I knew that smile wasn't real. He was obviously disappointed in himself.

"It's nothing." I replied, giving him back a small smile.

I walked down the steps and he followed behind me.

"Do you have a car?" he asked.

"No. It's not that far, just about 5 blocks down the road. We can just walk there." I told him.

He nodded and went along.

.-.-.-.-.-.

We walked to the hospital in silence. Awkward silence.

Or maybe it was only me who thought it was awkward because Niall was thinking deeply the whole time.

I felt so bad for him.

The whole time I tried to think of ways to cheer him up but I barely knew the person so anything I say could offend him.

So I didn't say anything at all.

We finally got to the hospital.

This was the hospital I wanted to work in once I finished classes. But that was going take a while, considering how dumb I was and all the years it took.

"Do you remember your last name?" I managed to ask him before we walked inside.

"Horan." he said. His eyes widened, like he didn't expect to know that.

Niall pulled opened the glass door, showing me his hand telling me to go in first.

"Thanks." I smiled.

He nodded and smiled in response.

We walked up towards the lady behind the counter. She watched us walk in, trying to guess which one was the patient.

"May I help you?" she set down the paper that was in her hand.

"Yes, my ...friend," I stopped, I didn't know exactly how to describe him.

"We need help... I mean, he needs to be checked out." I continued.

The lady walked around the counter and came up towards Niall.

"You mean, you don't know exactly what's wrong?" she asked, looking Niall up and down.

"Yeah... That's why we're here." I nodded.

The lady walked back behind the counter and sat down, facing her computer. She typed on the keyboard, then looked up at us.

"I'll have somebody check you up in a minute, alright?" she gestured us to wait in the waiting room.

We sat down and waited for about 10 minutes until the doctor finally came out and asked us to follow him.

He led us into a small room, where Niall sat down on the patient bed.

"Are you guys together?" The doctor asked us.

I awkwardly coughed at his question and looked at Niall who sat uncomfortably.

"No, we're just friends." I replied.

"Oh," The man scoffed.

The doctor walked up to Niall and whispered into his ear. Niall's eyes widened at what the man had told him.

Niall shook his head, telling him no. The doctor opened the door and looked at me.

"Just for privacy matters." The man kindly told me.

I understood, so I went out and shut the door behind me. Sitting on the bench right beside the doorway.

I waited patiently, trying to listen through the wall, but I got nothing.

After 20 minutes, the door finally opened. I watched Niall walk out, still with the same frown on his face.

"He said that I just lost my memory from overdrinking and I must've hit my head while I was drunk. I guess I drank a lot that night." he said, but his voice cracking as he did.

He seemed a little more relaxed now though, since he knew what was going on.

"You mean you got concussion?" I jumped up.

"Sorta. I don't really know. He said it might take a while, but I'll remember again." he explained.

I was still confused, but I knew it was bad. Especially with that look on his face.

"I'm so sorry." was the only thing I managed to say.

I couldn't imagine losing everything. It must've been hard on him.

I watched as he remained silent, standing in front of me.

His nose scrunched up, his cheeks turning red, and his eyes squeezed tight. Tears started to form.

"Niall..." I said, trying to stop him. But I know that wasn't my right.

I didn't know how it felt like to be in his shoes right now. I couldn't even imagine it.

So I just watched him cry.

His face had reddened, with the tears that flowed down his cheeks, one after another.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 5.4K 42
Crises can be overcome but can everyone survive? He and She - Niall and Olivia Happy moments don't last forever and when everything seems fine, somet...
461 10 11
ʕ•̫͡•ིʔྀʕ•̫͡•ིʔྀʕ•̫͡•ིʔྀ Louis Tomlinson, one of the famous members of One Direction, is involved in a car accident that caused him to have amnesia...
729 16 9
Harry has an accident leaving him with a limited memory. Can louis help fill in the blanks? Does he want to? Does Harry want him to? They're broken...
7.9K 481 45
One drunk mistake and that's it. You sit in a wheelchair. Can't walk. You don't want anything just to die. You lost your last hopes to ever stand up...