The Knight In Shining Armour...

By escapedrealities

As cliche as it sounds, Violet Adams always dreamt of meeting her knight in shining armour one day. Someone w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
What Is Love ?
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Epilogue
The Letter
Aknowledgements

Chapter 66

42 3 2
By escapedrealities

My head.

Its exploding.

And my eyes are burning.

What the heck?

Very unwillingly, I willed my eyes to open.

My back cracked a bit when I moved. Wait, where am I again? This doesn't look like my room.

I heard a manly groan beside me, making me shoot up.

Ugh, bad decision.

After the headrush subdued, I looked around myself, squinting a little to adjust to the light.

Oh, OH. I was in Andrea's living room.

And the entire gang was here, with some other random strangers that I recall from the party last night.

Shoot, where's my phone?

After not finding it anywhere, I slowly tried to get off the couch.

"Fuck!" I heard Zayn's painful cry and realized that I stepped on his hand.

"Shit, I am so sorry, Zayn" I said, wincing as my throat burned with each word.

He nodded at me and squinted around him, waking up slowly.

I somehow made my way to the kitchen as I passed Andrea who was passed out on the floor beside Zayn, Louis and Nichole were nowhere in sight, A guy from school called Chris sleeping quite uncomfortably on a bean bag. Liam was sleeping on the dining table with a slice of pizza in his hand.

I had called Niall last night and invited him to this party, but he had a business meeting to attend, so he couldn't come.

I made my way towards the kitchen and drank a glass of water. Which made my headache atleast 3% better.

I then tried to recall where I had seen my phone last time.

It was there when we played truth or dare, then we sang in Andrea's karaoke system, I still had my phone. We clicked a few pictures after that, and then..

Oh, I remember some random girl accidently dropping her drink on my legs. So I had gone in Andrea's room to clean up, it must be there.

Andrea's house was a mess. I just hope she could make it decent looking by the time her parents come back here.

The door to Andrea's room creaked like in horror movies when I opened it.

Holy fucking shit.

Louis and Nichole were peacefully sleeping in each other's arms, covered in Andrea's purple fluffy blanket.

Oh my god this ship has sailed !!

Without making any more sound, I retrieved my phone which was lying on the floor beneath the sink.

And just when I was going out of the room, a fantastic idea came to my mind.

I softly padded towards the bed where the couple was sleeping, and I clicked a picture.

My gaze suddenly fell on the time, 9:00 a.m.

"Oh crap," I whispered a bit too loud.

"WHat tHE HELL WOMAN!!" I almost dropped my phone when I heard Louis' scream.

I automatically took a few steps back, not sure what to do, or say.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch," Nichole groaned beside me.

"NO I CANT, I JUST OPENED MY EYES TO A FUCKING PHONE IN MY FACE AND A WIDE EYES GHOSTLY VIOLET STARING AT ME."

"STOP SHOUTING"

A pillow was thrown on Louis out of nowhere, by Nichole.

"I am so sorry guys, we missed school!" I said, my voice coming out as a shriek. And making my head hurt a little.

"Get out, Violet. I don't care." That was Nichole, raising up a middle finger as she picked up the blanket over her head.

"Okay, sorry again." I said quietly, getting out of the room.

I noticed a missed call from Harry, and a text.

I am sorry for my behavior, Please be safe and call me when you want to get back home.

So I didn't call him.

Instead, I called an Uber.

I made up an excuse about Judy being angry at me for spending the night without informing her and left from Andrea's house in a jet speed.

I don't have a valid reason as to why I did this. I had to. Remember the social anxiety I kept aside before coming here? Yeah, that is coming back in full force.

___________________

"Oh, hey baby," Harry, who was pacing back and forth near the bed stopped and greeted me with a very fake looking smile.

"I hope I am not coming too close, you know, like, in your space. Is this much distance alright?" I stopped right near the door and said, every word dripping with sarcasm.

"Violet, sweetheart. I know that you have every right to be angry with me, I was a complete prick to you yesterday. You are probably not gonna forgive me, so instead of that, I am just going to tell you what was bothering me, and why I said what I said." He started speaking speedily, as if he has been practicing this speech for a while.

"Keep your excuses to yourself, Harry. And if you want your bloody space, you should stay in your own room." I said, despite feeling a little bad for him. He needs to know how cruel he had been, and how much it has affected me.

"Please, love. Just listen to me, once. Please."

"I did, didn't I? I listened to you say that I am too clingy, and that I should stop being concerned about you, and.. and I was the reason you couldn't go outside, and I listened to you say that you needed space from me. You very well know how hard it has been for me to reach here. I have repeatedly asked you if this is okay or if you need your space, but every time you would say something sweet like you have had way too much space since last so many years and now all you need is to be with me all the time. And yet you -"

I was speaking one moment, and the next I was being hugged by Harry. I didn't even see him cross the distance from near the bed towards me.

"Get away from me," I tried to break free from his grip, my hands hanging awkwardly as he circled his arms around my shoulders, burying his face on the crook of my neck. I felt his hands softly touching my hair. And unknowingly, I sighed. And also wrapped my arms around his waist.

Whatever happened, I still missed him a lot.

And my head is pounding a little too much to continue the argument.

"I need a shower," I said after a while, detaching myself from his arms.

"Yeah, okay. We'll talk afterwards."

"Hmm,"

______________________

"Okay, I am listening now." I announced as I came out of the shower after a while.

Harry was doing something on his phone, which he put aside when he heard me.

"Okay, so I went to Niall's house," He started, taking a deep breathe first.

I didn't say anything, I didn't even sit beside him on the couch, I stood in front of the dresser and started removing my blue nail paint.

"It was very early in the morning, and I saw him getting in his car. So I followed him." He started again, but then waited for me to say something.

"Go on," I looked up at him through the mirror. He was sitting nervously at the edge of the sofa, hands resting on his knees.

"Yeah, okay. So he went to the abandoned church in the forest, the one where I turned invisible." He stopped again.

I stopped too, removing nail paint that is. And I turned around, folding my arms infront of my chest, resting my butt on the table.

He had my attention now.

"Cian, I mean Niall, he didn't know I was there, obviously. So then he was waiting outside the church for someone, and after a while, a very old looking priest came out of that church."

My eyes widened at that.

"At first I thought he was the one who did the ceremony with me, but as he came closer, I realized that he was a little different. Turns out he was the son of that priest. They have done some spell on the family that makes them age slower than normal. Anyway, so Cian and that priest walked inside the church, I followed them. They talked about me, and Cian was requesting him to do the spell, which I am guessing undoes the invisibility -"

"What did the priest say?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Yeah, so he said that he can do the spell but he is not very sure about the outcome. He thinks that after doing the spell, I'll either resume from where I was disappeared, or I will get wiped out of existence as my body will catch up with time."

Oh.

I smiled, ofcourse that's not what he'll do, right?

"That's absurd. We are not doing that at all now." I said, starting to walk towards him.

He was staring at me as I sat down next to him.

"Umm. exactly. We are not doing that now," Harry smiled a real smile now, the one that made his dimples pop, the one that I fell in love with.

"Do you forgive me for my behavior, Violet? I know that it's not at all valid to snap at you like that, but I was so messed up, I couldn't think straight after what I just heard. And somehow all the irritation and confusion came out as anger, and as you are the only person I can talk to, it came out on you. I am so sorry, darling." He softly touched my cheek, looking at me with a heart broken expression.

How can I stay mad at this pretty face?

"It's fine, I can understand." I leaned in to his touch,

His smile as he came closer to kiss me, was the most beautiful one, same as the one when I told him that I loved him.

We spent the rest of the day doing almost nothing, I did manage to finish some homework in between when he fell asleep. Turns out he couldn't sleep the entire night because he didn't know where I was.

I felt a little dejected to know that we don't have any way to be normal, I was kinda looking forward to it. But I never showed it to Harry because I knew that incase some complication occurs, I don't want him to think that I am disappointed.

Just like me, Harry has his insecurities too, and I know how hard it gets for him sometimes.

But we'll work something out, we always do.

And as long as I get to be with Harry, I don't want anything else, I am happy.

Damn, I am so happy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This book is slowly reaching towards an end, just a few more chapters left, I think.

I just hope I am able to execute what I am planning to do T-T

Anyway, so tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to like, share and subscribe! oh wait, not that one. Don't forget to vote 😅

Sincerely,

Meera.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
304K 13K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
11M 360K 53
[The Mr Series #1] ❝oh, you silly girl. didn't they ever tell you?... rich boys don't have hearts.❞ Don't speak to them. Don't go near them. Don't...
7.3M 211K 57
A tragic car wreck brings Alexis Carter to live with her aunt and cousin. When she goes to live with them she finds herself not only reminiscing old...