Hating You From The Beginning

By nessaceja

[COMPLETE] "You know for someone who's a virgin you sure do talk about sex a lot." He says. "You should see... More

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘀
𝟭 | 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
𝟮 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟯 | 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻
𝟰 | 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗯
𝟱 | 𝗴𝘁𝗮
𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟳 | 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘀
𝟴 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟵 | 𝗷𝗼𝗯
𝟭𝟬 | 𝘁𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 
𝟭𝟭 | 𝗮𝘅𝗲𝗹
𝟭𝟮 | 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 
𝟭𝟯 | 𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟭𝟰 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟭𝟱 | 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟲 | 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟴 | 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝟭𝟵 | 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟮𝟬 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟮𝟭 | 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟮𝟮 | 𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮
𝟮𝟯 | 𝗷𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗻
𝟮𝟰 | 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁
𝟮𝟱 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝟮𝟲 | 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲
𝟮𝟳 | 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸
𝟮𝟴 | 𝗶𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆
𝟮𝟵 | 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹
𝟯𝟬 | 𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀
𝟯𝟭 | 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀
𝟯𝟮 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟯𝟯 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟯𝟰 | 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟯𝟯 | 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱
𝟯𝟰 | 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗱
𝟯𝟱 | 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝟯𝟲| 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 
𝟯𝟳 | 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆
𝟯𝟴 | 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿
𝟯𝟵 | 𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝟰𝟬 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟰𝟭 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟰𝟮 | 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁
𝟰𝟯 | 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝟰𝟰| 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸
𝟰𝟱 | 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲
𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟰𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁
𝗲𝘂𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲

𝟭𝟳 | 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹

14K 302 192
By nessaceja

please don't ask please don't ask ple-

"What did you mean when you said your brother was your legal guardian."

quick, you need an escape. quick qui-

"Kai!"

I have never loved Rebecca more than I do at this moment. "Rebecca! Thank god you're here. Where's Kenzie?"

"With the guys, let's go." Thank god. I look back to see Roman's not making any efforts to move so I grab his wrist and lead him to the group. "What did that guy have to say to you?" Asher asks

"Guy?!" both girls ask in sync.

"That would be Jonah. He asked me to hang out sometime."

"Is he hot?"

"Did you say yes?" they ask at the same time.

note to self; never talk about guys with these two.

"I said sure and he's not my type."

"Yeah because your type is Rom-" I cut her off by putting my hand over her mouth.

She still hasn't let the whole kitchen situation go. I glare at her and look at Roman.

He's smirking.

fuck me

you should leave that to roman

shhh

no one can hear you- plus it's true.

okay, I know my virgin ass isn't talking about being fucked. 

"KAI!"

"What?!"

"You zoned out."

uh oh

"Whatever. Since most rides are two people rides let's spilt into teams." Kenzie suggests.

I look to Rebecca but I guess she had other plans because she pushed, I repeat, pushed me to Roman.

I would've fallen too if Roman hadn't caught me by that waist.

Keep in mind I'm wearing a white crop top that rose a bit, so it's skin-to-skin contact which for some reason gave me goosebumps. "fuck" I mumble under my breath.

"later," he responds.

excuse me?

when did he suddenly stop hating me?

"I tha-" I don't even get to finish because they all fucking run away like children.

"I guess you're stuck with me" I didn't know what to expect in regards to his reaction, but I didn't expect him to start glaring at me.

What the hell is his problem? It's the damn switch, it just flicked back, and he's back to his broody self.

don't say anything, don't say anything-

"Just when I thought we were making improvements" I blurt out. Thankfully it was more of a mumble, but judging by the way he's looking at me he definitely heard me. "Where do you want to go first?" I ask

"Lead the way, I honestly don't care" we start walking around looking for something that catches our eyes.

Suddenly he has a smirk plastered on his face, "there."

I turn my gaze to whatever he's pointing at and spot a huge ride, 'the zipper' shoots you up and drops you down fast. Something is telling me he was hoping it would scare me, but lucky for him, growing up with a brother means being forced to watch scary movies, and forced to ride all the scariest rides. Now I'm immune.

"Let's go," I respond mirroring his smirk.

We go to the ticket booth closest to the ride and get 10 tickets each. I take out my wallet to pay but Roman hands over a 20 before I can pay, "I was going to pay.'

"Too bad."

"Well thanks, I guess"

We head to the ride's line and wait, "how about we make this interesting." He proposes.

"Elaborate"

"First one to scream, close their eyes, or have any type of reaction to the ride has to answer one question of the others choosing." Not going to lie I'm tempted, I'm 99% sure I won't react.

"Deal," I say with a witty smile.

"Next." The carnival worker says. We step up and give him 2 tickets. We take a seat next to each other, lowering the safety belt. A worker comes around to make sure we were all strapped in. Soon after some music starts playing. Not going to lie it's kind of a bop.

The ride started by slowly lifting us a few feet, suddenly it shoots us up about 25 feet. It took everything in me not to close my eyes, I look over to Roman and he has a blank expression on his face. I look down and see the huge drop that's about to happen.

"New rule. You can close your eyes." I say.

"Don't tell me you're scared Angel?" ugh that stupid nickname that gives me butterflies

"Look me dead in the eyes and tell me that drop doesn't want to make you want to shit yourself." I deadpan.

He looks down and then back up at me, "deal." He says quickly. I smirk at myself and close my eyes preparing for the drop.

I'm going to kill myself oh my god!

I am not about to lose this bet so I start shouting in my mind.

The ride quickly reaches back down to the base of the ride indicating it's over.

thank Jesus.

We both unstrap ourselves and start walking around.

"Since neither of us reacted, how about we both ask a question," I ask him.

Part of me has always wondered who he was talking to on the phone and why he was so mad the day I came home with my pills.

"Deal."

He opens his mouth but I shush him before he can speak. "Not here." I look around until I find the Ferris wheel, "there." I say while pointing.

We walk to the Ferris wheel and thankfully there wasn't a long line so we didn't have to wait long.

We take our seats next to each other in the cabins and sit in silence until the ride starts.

"Shoot, metaphorically of course."

"What did you mean when you said your brother was your legal guardian." Shit. I should've thought about this better.

Well, there's no going back now.

But what exactly do I say?

My dads crazy and tried killing me so he could get my trust fund so my brother had custody of me for six months?

Yeah, not a good idea.

"Uh- well... shit. Well, my brother officially got custody of me on February 8th this year. The state wanted to put me in foster care until I turned 18 but luckily my brother had a stable house, aka our childhood home, and he had, or more like has the means and money to support me. We went back and forth with the courts for 29 days to be exact. He finally got custody of me and, well yeah."

Was that answer a little vague? totally.

But I'm not going to give him the whole sob story.

"My turn. Why were you so pissed that day I walked into the kitchen a month ago?"

He visibly tenses, I'm about to tell him to forget about it but he talks before I can do so, "well what exactly did you hear?"

"Something about you wanting updates and then saying never mind and that you were on your way."

"Shit. Well, there's this little girl named Aria back home, she got sick and I wanted to go back but they kept reassuring me that everything was fine. I finally got fed up and went back home."

"That's the first week I didn't see you at all. So you went home?"

He nods his head.

"Why are you such a dick?" I ask before I could think.

"Sorry that came out wrong." I correct myself.

"Okay, then how was it supposed to come out as?"

"Well most of the time you're mean to me and I could care less but sometimes I just wonder why we can't be friends? I mean we're gonna be living together for a while so it wouldn't hurt."

"I don't like people, you included."

Ouch.

That hurt a little.

"Well I like you, kinda, ya know when you're not being an ass."

His face softens an inch.

"I can't stand most people, you included."

"Then please, get on your knees," I say with a sweet smile.

He starts shaking his head and I hear a chuckle come from him.

did I just make him laugh?!

this is not a drill people

"Is the Roman Grey laughing because of something little o'l said? I'm honored."

"You're not going to give up are you?" He asks

"Nope, plus you kind of have to be my friend since you know one of my deepest secrets. Besides my family, you're the only one who knows about my brother being my legal guardian. So you're kinda stuck with me." I flash him a smile

He looks a little taken back about what I just told him. He doesn't say anything though because the Ferris wheel comes to a stop. I didn't even notice when we reached the top, and back down.

We get out and start walking, "if it's such a secret why would you tell me?"

"I- I honestly don't know. Plus you may be a dick but I don't think you would tell anyone."

"I'll be civil to you but don't expect me to be nice."

"Oh thank god, I couldn't imagine being nice to you," I say.

I officially have a frenemy. what could go wrong?

a/n
now you kind of have a bit of
intel on kai's past. I love this chapter btw. k bye

published 4•16•21

word count: 1574

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 331 26
Joey Avery appears to have everything. Happiness. Loving parents. A life all mapped out. But it's all a lie. An entire life based on a lie. First of...
1.4M 73.6K 82
When rich girl Alyssa grows tired of the high-life, she joins a boxing gym for delinquents, where she must fight her feelings for one of the members...
226K 4.1K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...
848K 15.4K 44
Two people - broken in their own way - collide. Francesca's life was completely normal up to a couple months ago. Ethan's never known normality. Two...