A SECOND CHANCE OF LOVE

moonsun_light0726 द्वारा

Karla Estrabao, the heir of Estrabao TechGroup, 18yrs of age when she left LA leaving her stable life to feel... अधिक

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Final Chapter
STORY UPDATE!!

13

162 10 0
moonsun_light0726 द्वारा

"MS Karla, you called for me?" Thomas asked when he entered Karla's office.

Camila looked up and saw Thomas standing by the door, "yes, come on in, Thomas."

Thomas Jefferson, Head Security of ETG, entered Camila's office stood like a military officer in front of Camila then he clasped his hands on his back while standing still on his position like Karla is his commanding officer.

"What can I do for you, Ms Karla?"

Camila then turned her laptop to Thomas, "this man invaded my company like a normal employee, I want you to find him and only you."

"What do you mean, Ms Karla?"

"I'm afraid that he had some accomplice in your department and under your wing, Thomas, and I want his accomplices be interrogated as soon as possible without their knowing, he encountered a higher staff last night, I hope you understand what I meant, Thomas."

"Copy that, Ms Karla."

"If that man entered freely thru the security without being interrogated by you then he had accomplice, am I right?"

"Yes, Ms Karla."

"And all of the staff here was being interrogated by you, including Ms Lauren Jauregui."

"Yes, Ms Karla, yesterday."

"She's the higher staff I am talking about and she's currently solving a problem and you know that and I'm sure that this man is involved and he's not alone, you know what to do."

"Copy that, Ms Karla."

"I'll give you 5days max to secretly review your men's application and I apologize for putting a deadline, this man is dangerous that cannot be slipped out."

"Yes, Ms Karla."

"That's all, you can leave."

And Thomas left.

Camila rubbed her temples and stared at her laptop looking at the man.

Then her intercom beeped and Normani's voice came up next.

"Ms Karla, the contractor and the interior designer is here to see you."

Camila press a button and answer Normani, "let them in."

"Yes, Ms Karla."

After a few seconds the designers went inside and talked to Camila.

In the end Camila just said to them to refer to Lauren for the design and everything and just leave it to ETG when it comes to expenses. Then they left heading towards the AD1.

"Normani, tell Lauren about them and tell her to meet them at AD1."

"Copy, Ms Karla," and she left and went to the conference room where Lauren is currently working.

***

"Lauren," Normani called.

"What is it?"

"Sorry to intervene you a sec, but the designers to your new office is heading towards AD1, Mila don't want anyone enter here aside from us and Dinah and Ally."

"Okay, I'll be going."

"Don't forget to lock the conference room every time you leave okay?"

"No problem."

Normani then left.

Lauren sighed, stretching her body.

"I already told Ms Jauregui, she's heading to AD1 now," Normani said when she saw Camila stepping out on its office when she came back to the presidential floor.

Camila nodded, "I'll leave it to you, call me anything."

"Okay, Ms Karla, take care."

"I'll be back," and she left.

Camila was already in the elevator while controlling herself to not visit or just a glance of who Lauren Jauregui is, she believes in her heart that it will beat once she saw her. Then she remember the woman that she saw yesterday at the lobby staring at the portrait, could it be Lauren? 

She raised her hand and pressed the no. 18 in the panel board of the elevator where AD1 located. It dings after a second, reminding her that she arrived at 18th floor then she stepped out. She was about to step out when a familiar woman passed, heading towards the AD1. Her eyes widened and turn her back immediately then she tilted her head to the right and saw a raven wavy haired woman entered the AD1.

'She must be Lauren,' and she gulped, 'I still didn't get why emerald and a moon, every time I speak her name, emerald and a moon came after, why?'

Then she felt someone touch her and she quickly back away and saw a female employee.

A concern was immediately registered to a woman who tapped Camila.

"Are you okay, Ms Karla?"

"Y-Yeah," and she glanced inside the AD1, "I got the wrong floor," and she step inside again and pressed the button to the parking lot, she sighed when it closed then leaned on the metal box.

"I still don't get it, why moon and emerald? Why? Who are you, Lauren Jauregui? Who are you to me? Why I can't take you off my mind? Why?" and she clutch her chest.

***

CAMILA roamed her eyes to one of the hangar in New York when finally she arrived and went down to the jet. She walked towards the car that awaits her and her driver, Ken, greeted her and opened the door for her and she step inside and Ken closed it from the outside.

"Where to, Ms Karla?" Ken asked when he stepped inside the driver's seat buckling his seatbelt.

"To the company, Ken."

"Copy, Ms Karla."

And they left the hangar.

It's a 15mins ride from the hangar to the company which is the branch of ETG. All of the securities and staff greeted her when she stepped inside the building.

"Ms Karla, it's good to see you here," Tricia greeted, the director of the ETG that based in New York.

"I need to talk to Justin Crisanto."

"Right away, Ms Karla."

Camila waited in her office that was located in 10th floor of that building. Though its' not that high than the ETG in LA it was wide. After a few minutes of waiting Tricia knocked at her office and opened the door.

"Ms Karla, Justin Crisanto is here."

"Thank you, Tricia."

"You're welcome, Ms Karla."

"You can go back to your work."

"Yes, Miss."

Tricia told Justin to enter the office.

Justin on the other hand widened his eyes when she saw Camila Cabello, "Cabello?"

Camila smiled at Justin, "you're still the same."

"Oh my God," and he laugh and approached Camila and he embrace her, "good to see you, bro."

"Yeah good to see you, too."

"Why are you here, I thought I'm meeting Ms Karla."

Camila sighed and patted her hand to Justin's shoulder, "come, we need to talk."

They both settled in the sofa and Camila then began her explanation. It was a shock to Justin upon hearing it.

"How did Ally accept it?"

"I actually expected a punch or a slap from her but she didn't, as expected from her, she just cried."

"I can punch you for doing that to Ally."

Camila chuckled, "Dinah already did."

"As expected from her."

Camila smiled, "good to hear that you're taking good care of Ally and I didn't expect that Ally didn't tell you about me."

"Almost but she always knocked out and I understand, I hear what happened."

"Yeah, the reason why I'm here."

"For the swap, right?"

"Yes, a swap for Kirsten Lewis-Dane, she asked for this, you're her swap, I'm going to transfer you to LA, I know you wanted that too."

"I really wanted too but Ms Karla, I mean you, put me here."

"I'm sorry for putting you here."

"I understand, the main is in danger and I'm worried about Ally."

"That's why I'm here, can you take the flight tomorrow?"

"Sure..." and he smiled.

"What's with that smile?"

"You haven't talk to Lauren yet?"

"What?"

"Lauren, Lauren Jauregui, the spy."

"The spy?"

"Yeah, I called her that because remember on our first year when I said that someone is spying on us, on our organization, it's her, I'm shock that she's a friend of Ally and Dinah."

"Really," 'I didn't remember that.'

"A lot happened, bro, the trio was sad when you left without telling them."

"It's an emergency."

"Yeah, sorry about your mom."

"It's fine."

"Hey, you still remember, Brad Simpson?"

"Uhm—"

"Dude, Lauren punched him, I got scared for a second when I saw that, it's front row."

"She is?"

"Yeah, it happened the day you left actually because I help them track Lauren's phone because it's missing according to them but Ally and Dinah didn't know about that, Dinah said that Brad did something really bad to them, for lying."

"What kind?"

"Uhm—it's about Lauren, being pregnant."

Camila's eyes widened, "she is?"

"No, she isn't, it's a lie that Brad came up with, use Lauren's phone to text them about the news, you forgot? Dude he's always jealous of you, that's why."

"Yeah..."

"Brad always gave you a cold stare every time he sees you, maybe because of jealousy he felt because you're close with Lauren and he can't have her so he did it."

"Really..."

"Ally said that it might be the reason that's why you left, is it?"

"I don't know."

"That's okay, it's been years."

"Yeah..." and she gulped.

***

CAMILA still couldn't forget what Justin told her about the lies of Brad, giving false information to her about Lauren's pregnancy, his jealousy towards her because she's close to Lauren. She's now flying back to LA.

"Do you need anything, Ms Karla?"

Camila looked up and smiled at the designated flight attendant of her plane that trip then she shook her head, "I'm fine, but thank you..."

"Okay, Ms Karla, if you need anything, just call me up."

"I will."

And the flight attendant left.

Camila sighed and looked out of the window of that plane because seeing the clouds makes her comfortable but now it's not helping. The words that she heard from Justin was all fit in, in some of her unanswered dreams, now some of it are answered now because of Justin. Now, all of her memories are scattered it just need to assemble just like a puzzle. Maybe it'll assemble the puzzle piece by piece once she met Lauren Jauregui.

When she got back to LA, she called Normani and told her that she need to rest, the woman just agreed after knowing that she's fine so she went home to the mansion that she shared with Normani. Instead of heading towards her bedroom to get rest, she headed towards her office study that was located in the 2nd floor.

Camila didn't know that the time had already passed she just heard the door to her office being opened and saw Normani. 

"What are you doing here?"

"This is my home too."

"I mean—"

"I know Mani, I'm just kidding."

"You didn't realize that it's already 9pm."

"What?" and she quickly looked at to the digital clock that was rested on her large oak desk and it read 21:16, it made her sigh.

"You know now?"

Camila nodded, "I didn't notice the time."

"Yeah and I thought you were resting."

"Slip that in my mind."

"What happened in New York? How's your meeting with Justin Crisanto?"

"Some few, I already told him to fly here tomorrow."

"He just got here."

"Really, that was fast."

"Yeah."

"I see, he probably surprising Ally now."

"Maybe," and she notice her expression, "what else?" and she move towards the desk, entering the office.

"What else?"

Normani sighed, "do I really have to remind you all over again that I've known you since you were 10?"

"Nothing serious—I think..."

"Tell me."

Camila sighed internally, "I—talked to Justin, Ally seemed to forgot to tell him about my identity, he was surprised that I'm Karla Estrabao then we talked..."

"And it goes to what happened in Miami U," Normani guessed.

"Yes, he told me the probable reason why I left Miami, aside from Mami."

"Mila, forgive me for not telling you, I'm just waiting for the right person that will tell you because even me I don't understand too why you called me asking me to fetch you in Miami because knowing you, you're planning to stay longer there, celebrate your graduation with them, Ally, Dinah and Lauren."

"I don't know too what's really my reason, Mani..."

"Even me, but I know that it somehow connected to Lauren, you didn't tell me the exact reason why you wanted to left immediately, what Justin had said?"

"He said that on the same day I left, Ally asked him a favour to do something for them then he agreed and led him to Dinah's house, he saw Dinah and Lauren was there too, three of them, then they began to explain to him that Lauren's phone has been missing but it Dinah and Ally didn't know about that, but that person who got the phone kept texting Dinah and Ally."

"Woah, woah, hold on, someone got Lauren's phone, pretended to Ally and Dinah that it was Lauren?"

"Yes, that's what Justin is saying, he helped them track Lauren's phone."

"What does that 'someone' texted them?"

"Give some false information about Lauren, that she is pregnant."

"LAUREN'S PREGNANT?!"

"NO!" she quickly denied, "she's not pregnant, okay? Geez, I already said false information right?"

"Yeah, sorry, but you believe in that too."

"I don't even know, Mani, it vanished, remember? I'm the one who suffered from selective memory loss and not you."

"Chill!"

Camila just rolled her eyes at Normani.

"What's next?"

"Justin tracked it and found an address and Lauren said that it's Brad's address, I forgot the surname but the name is Brad, Justin said that he's jealous of me because I'm close to Lauren."

"Hmm I get it now, he wanted you to go away so he can be with Lauren so he passed a false information," and she nodded, "he did succeed, you left."

Camila just shrug, "I don't have enough time to talk with Ally and Dinah, actually, since they work at ETG."

"Oh my God, Mila, make time with them! You know that I can arrange a schedule for you, right?"

"I know that, but not now, every time I wanted to talked to them I still can't make time because of the unexpected things happened in the company, especially now."

"I understand, I'll remind you next time then."

Camila just nodded, "how's—Lauren doing?"

"The usual, she forgot to take a break, again, I really need to talk to Dinah to drag her out of the conference room so she can take lunch."

"When this all done I will give her a vacation leave, whether she likes it or not."

"We don't know if she will take that."

"Let's see..."

And Normani nodded, "come on, I know you still didn't take dinner, I bought some take out."

"Thank you, Mani."

A/N: Jenlisa is like Camren, but they're bolder and braver, unlike Camren, subtle moves. I hate their employer.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

2.8K 125 16
Lauren Jauregui is an orphan in one of the city in Spain and was later adopted by the middle-aged man named Steve Cabello when she was just 6yrs old...
24.8K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...
160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
29.3K 1.8K 57
For years, I've dreamt of what college life could bring and while some things changed, there was always one constant. It didn't matter how wild I a...