IZ*ONE Short Story / Oneshot

By ssamu11

Short story/ Oneshot readerxizone member ❗no 18+❗ highest May 2021 #2 yena #3 izoneff #13 chaewon More

Introduction
Kim Chaewon - Its a Tiring Day
Jo Yuri - Game Night
Jang Wonyoung - Hello My Destiny (Part 1)
Jang Wonyoung - Hello My Destiny (Part 2)
Kim Minju & Kang Hyewon - Beauty and the Bookworm
Please read :D
Honda Hitomi - I Saw Your Name
Ahn Yujin - We'll Hangout Right?
Miyawaki Sakura - Pink Haired Gamer
Kwon Eunbi - Straightforward
Yabuki Nako - Special Manager
Lee Chaeyeon - Home
Kim Minju - Beauty Pageant (Part 1)
Kim Minju - Beauty Pageant (Part 2)
Kang Hyewon - Your Recommendation
Kim Chaewon - Its a Tiring Day ( Part 2)
Jo Yuri - Smol
chaewon- video call (mini oneshot)
wonyoung - umbrella (mini oneshot)
Trying New Concept (intro)
chaeyeon <3
Kwon Eunbi - Each Other Voice

Choi Yena - I Meant What I Said

735 22 0
By ssamu11

Hey , its duckie time :D

"Y/n , its a new job." Mr. Kim , y/n's manager said.
"Woah ! what is it ?" y/n answered.

Mr. Kim point to y/n phone after he sent the details through KakaoTalk. Y/n read it throughly . His face wrinkled because the "new job" is a bit complicated but looks interesting.

"That is just a small detail of that show You will get more information during the meeting tomorrow " Mr. Kim explained after seeing y/n struggling. Y/n just nodded to him and continue reading it again. Y/n is a rookie in the K-Pop industry. Debuting as a solo worried him because he may not have a lot of attractive points to gain support. Luckily for him , fans love his natural and comedic personality he showcased when he appears on music show and music show behind. The hype eventually get to a variety show PD's attention. The PD end up casting y/n to be on the new show.

After practicing , y/n went back home with sores muscle. He had a lot of free time so he plan to do anything productive.

"Ah about the show. I think atleast i should prepare a bit "
The show is a talk show that varied in topic each week. Y/n dont want to mess it up as it was his first show as a fixed cast. He dont want to make mistake , or slip up during shooting. Making or saying wrong things that can ruined the experience. So , he started by learning about the background of the cast lineup.

"Yoo Jaesuk sunbaenim...
Jang Do Yeon sunbaenim...
Heechul sunbaenim....
Choi Yen- Yena sunbaenim?"

The last name isnt very familiar to him . He look up about Yena on the Internet and read few stuff. He learned that she is in a girl group and obviously the rising variety show stars.

"Woahh , she is so cool ..." Y/n said as his thumb weakly scroll his phone . His eyes slowly close before he fell to sleep .

Next day

Y/n put on a smart casual to the meeting. On their way there , y/n keep repeating his self introduction in his head. He is afraid he may make a weak impression on his sunbaenim. When they reached the meeting room , y/n are told to sit beside Yena.

"Hi , sunbaenim" y/n bowed down out of respect.

"Hi , nice to meet you " Yena replied her.

Y/n smiled back as he positioned himself to sit comfortably because the meeting is starting. Y/n rarely talked because he is still shy . But at the same time , he is enjoying the whole meeting and conversation because it was very warm and comfortable.

"Okay everyone , see you guys this Saturday. I hope everything go well" PD said after they finished everything.

timeskip

The shooting went really well. It start off with each member talking about themselves. The theme of the first episode is basically just childhood memories. Y/n who came from a moderate family had a lot to tell . He made it funny , entertaining the other casts.

"So you asked your mother whether the puddle is deep and you jump into it ? " Jaesuk asked him .

"Head first !" Y/n replied while making a diving gesture. Everyone burst out to laughing. Yena is holding her stomach because its hurting.

" Thats so funny ! " Doyeon said.

The show then continued to the next segment , where they have to answer quiz about each other's past.

"What is , surprisingly , my hobby when im a kid ?" Jaesuk start off the segment.

"first option , sing . second- " Jaesuk is saying the multiple answers option before Yena cut him down.

"Dancing! "

A bell rang , signaling that she is correct.

"Yah , thats cheating" y/n said in funny way , showing his dissatisfed face.

"Why are so mad HAHAHAAHAH" Doyeon teased him . Y/n can be seen with a red cheeks , embarrassed from his own action.

The shooting finally come to an end , with y/n and the slate. Everyone applause as the shooting went really well . PD is very satisfied and praising the cast . He specifically mentioned y/n and Yena , as a rising stars of variety show.

"I can see you two being casted for other show together in the future. Good job , maknae " Jaesuk praised them more , making y/n and Yena shy. Before leaving , they took a selfie together . After Jaesuk and Doyeon left , Yena turned to y/n.

"Y/n. Good work today , we have so much fun thanks to you .

"Anyw-"
"Than-"

They interuppted each other.

"Sorry sunbaenim. What were you saying ?" y/n asked , scratching his head.

"Aaa em. Can i have your number ? I mean we can be friends and i think its good for this show to be close . Right ?" Yena said , handing over her phone to y/n

" Aa su- sure sunbaenim. "

" Just call me noona . Im a rookie too , having someone call me sunbaenim making me shy"

"Sorry hehehe . Okay noona. Here you go "
Y/n gave back her phone . After that , they bid farewell and walked out of the studio.

Few days after the shooting , the show broadcasted on the TV. Y/n is watching it alone in his dorm. Minutes before it started , a text came in.

"Hello y/n. This is Yena"
"Hello Noona ! Ill save your number "
"Anyway , are you watching the show ?"
"Yes of course i am noona. "
"Same ! Lets enjoy it "
"Of course hehehehe "

Y/n watched it for an hour an a half. He is proud with his performance and the overall show. The editor really know how to make it very entertaining to watch. After the show finished airing , y/n texted Yena.

"Noona , so how is it ? I think we did a very good job"
typing......

Then the it stopped. Y/n thought that Yena must have been busy or talking with her member about the show. Suddenly he received a text from his manager .

"Look up the articles"

"What article?..." y/n thought to himself. He then just typed out the title of the show on the Internet.
One of the article is
" The Show Is Fun But Netizen Found Something Wrong About It "

Y/n clicked on it right away. The articles started with the editor praising the show. About how lively and fun it is. Then , responses from viewer is included. Both negative and positive response.

"I had never laughed so much while watching a talk show first episode"
"It was a really good start!"
"Looking forward for more !"

The good comments made y/n smiled. Then , the next few comments made he frown .

"Why is Yena in the show ? she barely talked much"
"She should have talked about how she burdened her family so much as a kid "
" Jaesuk and Doyoung is fun but the two rookie ? hmmm not so much "

Y/n thought it was normal to bash a rookie but the comment about Yena made him upset the most. When he was making research about Yena before , he found out about the story. He knew about Yena's childhood. The comment is straight up rude and it annoyed y/n so much.

"No wonder Yena noona isnt texting...."
Y/n try to convince himself that he is just overthinking. There is a slight chance of Yena actually saw the same articles and comments. Y/n made up his mind and decided to call Yena , to congratulate and celebrate it.

ringggggg.....ring.....

"Hello noona! " y/n brightly greeted.
"Hello y/n...."
The voice is obviously not happy . She sounded like she just cried.

"Hmm noona , is it a bad time ? Should i hung up?" y/n politely asked. He just realized how reckless his act is , randomly called a sunbaenim that he just meet in few schedule.

"Y/n .... they said i was useless in the show...."

Y/n suprised by what she said.

" No noona ! Where do you even read that. That is totally untrue " y/n tried to calm her down.

"I look it up , y/n. Some even brought up about my past... and relating it to the show ..."

"Noona... but- But it does not matter right ? You know its all wrong right? Aaaa noona ,just ignore it. I enjoy the show , you too right?"

On the other side , Yena is flustered by y/n. He sounded nervous and panic but his words make Yena feel better. She wiped down her tears . She didnt got to watch it with the member because everyone are busy. So she watched it alone on the bed , with her laptop. Thats why she open up to y/n.

"You think so?" Yena asked for assurance.

"Of course ! " y/n replied her .

The conversation end up being longer. Y/n and Yena is talking about the show and point out each other favourite part.

"Noona , if you notice i almost fell out the chair when you told us about that middle school sports day"
"Really ? HAHAHAHA. Im sorry then "
"Y/n , are you going to sleep early?"
Y/n brought his phone to his face , confused by what she just asked. Checking whether he is talking to a right person.

"No... not really . Why?"

"So emmm Chaewon is back at home . So can you accompany me , watching this horror movie i planned to watch? Through a video call of course. Or lets screen share it "

Y/n once again brought the phone to his face.

"For real?" he thought to himself .

"If you want too , then ill be fine "

Yena then got up to put on a little bit make up and video called y/n. She played the movie on the laptop and placed her phone beside her , to see each other. They watched the movie together. Times by times , the movie got scarier . Yena is snuggling her face inside the blanket , while y/n is leaning to his side , avoiding the screen but still watching. After the movie ended , they released a big sigh .

" Woah , that was intense. Even you re scared y/n. "

" I don't actually watch horror , noona "

"Wait really? you shouldve said it earlier...."

" No , its okay. Its not that i cant handle it but its not my type "

" Eyyy just admit it youre scared HAHAHAHA. Anyway y/n. You must be tired right. Lets go to sleep. "

"Yeah , you too noona. Thanks for the movie"

" Ah that was nothing. Thanks for being with me tonight. I appreciate it . Good night , y/n"

"Good night,noona ".

Starting from that day , y/n and Yena got closer . They even show their friendship on their Instagram , leaving comments on each other post. They also texted each other regularly. Yena told Yuri about them too.

"Unnie... Is this it ? The time , where our unnie ignore us..... by having new special friend..."

"Yah Yuri! Thats not it. Im just saying this , atleast some know about it "

"Actually unnie , basically everyone know about this. Im glad there is no hates or article or whatsoever about you guys so im happy for you unnies ."

Yuri's words indeed made Yena thought deeply. Idol friend ship is rarely this peaceful , especially male and female idol.

Another Saturday , another shooting. Y/n is more excited and comfortable on the second shooting. His confidence made the shooting more smoothly , almost stealing the show. He shared a lot of story and responded well to other cast story. He even encourage and help Yena to talked more . Yena responded back and joke around with y/n.

timeskip

The show is airing . Y/n is delighted for another episode. He knew its about to be fun . Suddenly , what happened last time flashed back inside his head. He worried about Yena. New articles and comment may come out again and ruined everything. He then texted Yena.

"Noona , are you watching it alone again this time ?"

" No , im with the members now y/n. Dont worry about me but still.. thanks ."

"Okay noona. Thats all i wanna know "

After the show finished , he surfed the Internet. He keep refreshing the page , waiting untill any articles about the show to pop up. Few minutes of waiting , an article is posted. The new update stated how the viewer rating had increased and the viewer enjoy it more this time. He scrolled down to the end , it happened again.

"i thought those two are guest. Im expecting other idols tho"
"What is y/n trying to do ? stealing the whole show ? im watching this just for Jaesuk anyway "
"that female idol is annoying , please invite a prettier idol"
"booorrringgg"

As much as it hurt his feelings , he is more worried about Yena. Yena could be more upset because netizen had found another way to attack her. He is very eager to text or call her but hesitate because the members are with her.

"I hope she was okay"

His phone rang after few minutes of silence . Its Yena

" Noona ? "
"Y/n , free tonight ?"
" Yup , nothing much"
"Send me your address. I need your company"
"Aa? aaa sure"

Y/n texted his house address.

*honk

Y/n look outside and a black car parked outside his house. From the window , he could Yena inside the car , so he rushed out.

"Noona , you wanna come in ?"

" Can we go for a drive ? Can you drive ?"

"Okay then. Ill get ready first "
After he changed clothes and make sure all doors and windows locked , y/n get into the driver seat of Yena's car.

"Where to , noona ?" Y/n is hella nervous because Yena is obviously upset. About something.

"Just drive anywhere. And dont stop "

Y/n then push on the pedal and just drove around the city. The whole journey is silent. None of them were talking . Y/n looked at his watch. It has been 10 minutes of nothing so he drove to Han River Park and stop his car .

"What is it , noona?"
"Why did you stop? "
"Just tell me , what is it. We can't do it like this. its getting late and you have go back .Now tell me "

y/n sternly said to Yena . He never been this serious in front of Yena. Before Yena start saying anything , she cried. She cupped her face with her face and weeps like a 5 years old kid. Y/n snapped out of his seriousness and look at her pitifully.

"Is it those comments again? " he asked

Still crying , Yena is nodding her head. Y/n didnt replied with advices or words this time but with an action. He pat at her head and hugged her instead. Yena is shocked but she can't deny that it comfort her. She let go of her face and hugged y/n back , even tighter. Her cry is louder as she let go everything. Causing y/n's shirt to wet at the shoulder . They embraced each other for awhile before y/n slowly let go of her.

"Noona , those guys are straight up idiot. You know ? " y/n said while wiping Yena tears down her cheek. Yena look at y/n at his eyes. She is lost at words on how y/n action made her feels better.

"Now look at me. "

"You may cant see it but i see how precious you are "

Yena started to smile shyly. Her cheeks turned red.

"Tha-thank you , y/n. "

"You should stop caring about them. You can do that right. At least , no more crying . It broke my heart "

Embarassed by what y/n said , Yena hit his chest softly.

" I meant what i said"

After gathering her courage , Yena finally can lift up her face. She stared back at y/n .

"Am i pretty ?" she asked

"As a duck , yes of course " Y/n jokingly replied.

"Ya! " Yena yelled.

"Im joking hehehehe. Of course you re pretty. That makes me like you more "

" Li..ke me?"

" Can i like you?"

"What are we, y/n?"

Y/n then hold her chin and pulled it , he then kissed her forehead.

" i don't know ? Why do you always direct me around as if im your boyfriend. so i will just act like one "

" Well uhmmm... why not ?"
Yena then kissed y/n's cheek.

"Okay , that was fast . Duckie "

.
.
.
.
..
.
.
Ho ho ho thts it for our precious duckie , Yena XD.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 1.7K 34
When you are a transfer and being greeted by the Student Council President, Kwon Eunbi. What you didn't know that by meeting her, your one year of hi...
45.8K 924 35
a compilation of iz*one one shots and their random ships (updates randomly) Most Impressive Ranking: #1 - Nako #1 - Yuri #6 - Chaeyeon #9 - Minju #9...
82K 1.9K 35
This is a one shot reader x IZ*ONE book. Open request (dm)🙂 No smut pls:(
84.2K 984 59
CLOSED THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING!!!!💕💕