Hating You From The Beginning

By nessaceja

[COMPLETE] "You know for someone who's a virgin you sure do talk about sex a lot." He says. "You should see... More

𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰𝘀
𝟭 | 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿
𝟮 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟯 | 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻
𝟰 | 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗯
𝟱 | 𝗴𝘁𝗮
𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟳 | 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘀
𝟴 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟵 | 𝗷𝗼𝗯
𝟭𝟬 | 𝘁𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 
𝟭𝟭 | 𝗮𝘅𝗲𝗹
𝟭𝟮 | 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 
𝟭𝟯 | 𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗮 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟭𝟰 | 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝟭𝟱 | 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗰𝘂𝘁𝘀
𝟭𝟳 | 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹
𝟭𝟴 | 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝟭𝟵 | 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟮𝟬 | 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟮𝟭 | 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁?!
𝟮𝟮 | 𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮
𝟮𝟯 | 𝗷𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗻
𝟮𝟰 | 𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁
𝟮𝟱 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝟮𝟲 | 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲
𝟮𝟳 | 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸
𝟮𝟴 | 𝗶𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆
𝟮𝟵 | 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹
𝟯𝟬 | 𝗰𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗺𝗮𝘀
𝟯𝟭 | 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀
𝟯𝟮 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟯𝟯 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄
𝟯𝟰 | 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟯𝟯 | 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗼𝘆𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱
𝟯𝟰 | 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗱
𝟯𝟱 | 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝘁𝘄𝗼
𝟯𝟲| 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 
𝟯𝟳 | 𝗷𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆
𝟯𝟴 | 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿
𝟯𝟵 | 𝗹𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆
𝟰𝟬 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹
𝟰𝟭 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵
𝟰𝟮 | 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘁
𝟰𝟯 | 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝟰𝟰| 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸
𝟰𝟱 | 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲
𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴
𝟰𝟲 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁
𝗲𝘂𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆
𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗲

𝟭𝟲 | 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀

14.5K 310 78
By nessaceja

November 4th

"Take this to table 3" Mikaela-my coworker- instructs me. It's now Tuesday and I'm finishing my shift at the diner.

It's been a few days, 4 to be exact, since Halloween. Things have pretty much gone back to normal, and by normal I mean that Roman and I are not on speaking terms.

Actually, that's a lie. He's not a total asshole to me anymore but he still ignores me.

sad.

not really. It doesn't bother me that he doesn't talk to me but I would be lying if I said it didn't get to me at times.

"Here you go, enjoy," I say with a smile.

A smile. My face is probably going to get stuck like this but quoting Mikaela, 'it's the most important asset to this job', end quote.

I hear the bell chime and watch the guys walk in. "I got it," I tell Jonah, another coworker.

"Hey, guys. What can I get you?"

"What time are you off?" Dean asks

"Uh-" I check my apple watch "eight minutes to be exact to if you could give me your order it would make things so much easier for me," I say with a sweet smile that's not forced.

"Okay okay, but after this, you're going to the carnival with us, no ifs whats or buts."

I sigh. I don't want to go but I know there's no way I'm getting out of this.

"Fine, now what do you guys want?"

"I'll just get a chocolate donut."

"Asher?"

"Slice of red velvet cake."

"Roman?"

no response.

"Do you want something Roman?"

no response.

I go to ask him one more time but he interrupts me before I can do so, "I heard you the first time."

"He speaks. If you heard me the first time then you could've answered." I roll my eyes at him and walk back to grab Asher and Dean's orders. I cut the cake and place it on a cake. I also grab the donut and place it on another plate.

Before heading back I take off the apron and grab my things.

"Hey Jonah, I'm off."

"See you, you tomorrow Kai."

I place the plates on the table and take a seat next to Roman.

"Dig in boys. Also is it just me your forcing to go to the carnival or is anyone else joining my torture?"

"Nope. Do you think Roman would agree to come on his own? We had to practically force him but he didn't put up much of a fight once we told him y- ouch!" Dean got cut off by Roman kicking him under the table.

what the hell?

I look over at Roman and he's currently giving Dean the deadliest eyes I've ever seen.

I place my hand on his arm, "you do know that if you keep glaring at him like that daggers might start flying out and you'll be one friend short."

The guys start chuckling but I keep looking at Roman.

Good thing, I got him to stop glaring and Dean.

Bad thing, I got him to start glaring at me.

I give him a sarcastic smile and take my hand if his shoulder. I don't think he realized my hand was still there because when I went to take it off he seemed surprised.

"Let's get going before Roman decides to murder our precious Kai."

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if he attempted to. "I have my car so I'll meet you guys there." I go to get up but a hand is placed on my wrist.

"You're riding with me, Angel."

I might die tonight.

"Told you not to call me that." He ignores me.

"We'll meet you guys there." I stand up from the booth to let him out.

There has to be a way out of this.

There's not.

He grabs me by the wrist not giving me a chance to escape.

"Hey, Kai wait up."

"I'll meet you at the car," I tell Roman.  I turn around, "hey Jonah, what's up?"

"A bunch of us are going out sometime next week, you should join us."

"Yeah of course, text me." I give him one last smile and leave the dinner.

I make my way to Roman's car and hop in "thanks for waiting. But why don't I just take my car? I'm gonna need it for tomorrow anyway."

"I'll bring you back after the carnival so you can get your car."

I open my mouth to talk again but my phone starts ringing.

Jaden. It's been a few days since I talked to him.

sup J

hi, lani.

I swear he's the only person who calls me that.

I'm sorry but I have bad news.

Oh no.

don't scare me J

shit sorry, I worded it wrong.
I have an away game thanksgiving
in Arizona so I can't do
thanksgiving with you this year.

That's should've made me feel better, but in reality, it stung a bit. It's going to be the first year I spend Thanksgiving alone. At least he's okay, that's what matters.

youre an
asshole, you scared me. don't worry
about it, thanksgiving isn't
such a big deal anyway.
I'll just stay in.

Yeah sorry about that
but come on Saturday
I'll be home by then.

okay, sounds goodbye.

I let out a sigh I didn't realize I was holding in.

Every year for Thanksgiving we had a tradition of staying up all night eating the food, first one to tap out had to clean all the dishes.

Let's just say mom was very happy about our tradition.

"Are you okay?" For a second I forgot I was in the car with him. "Yeah, I'm good. It was just my brother."

"How far is this carnival anyways?"

"About 5 more minutes away."

"I'm curious. Why am I riding with you? I mean I don't mind but you're usually seem upset when I ride with you."

He takes a moment before answering, I don't think he was expecting me to ask that. "You're not the worst company in the world. Plus I wanted to say thanks in person for helping me on Halloween."

"Yeah, it's no big deal. My brother is in football so I'm used to covering up cuts."

"Are you guys close?" I don't answer right away, honestly, I'm a little surprised he's attempting to make a conversation with me.

"Yeah, he's protective but only because he wants what's best for me. He's three years older than me."

"It's good being close with your siblings."

"Yeah, I've only lived with you for like 2 months but I can tell you're close to Rebecca."

"Yeah, she's one of the most important people to me. I guess I'm protective over her too."

"What is it with brothers and being overprotective? You know I was supposed to show up at the house two weeks before I did but I needed a legal guardian consent and Jaden refused. Said 'I need to protect you for as much time as I can with you."

My eyes quickly widen when I realize I let it slip that Jaden is, or was my legal guardian.

Part of me hopes he didn't catch it but he did. Thankfully we were now parked in the parking lot of the carnival. "Let's go meet the guys."

please don't bring it up please don't bring it up.

another chapter for you😌 200 views thank you so much! LITTLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

word count 1270

published 4•16•21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112 0 22
Savannah Hendricks, a 20 year old college student who was raped at 17 and ended up pregnant. After her attacker got away with what he did to her, he...
226K 4.1K 55
19 year old Celestia Monroe moved from Spain to go stay at her father's place in Italy. She decided to focus more on her studies, to stay away from t...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
1.4M 73.6K 82
When rich girl Alyssa grows tired of the high-life, she joins a boxing gym for delinquents, where she must fight her feelings for one of the members...