The Guardians of Humanity

By GuardianLugia8

Humans. The ones known as the weakest race in the world. They worshipped beings stronger than themselves and... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Notice
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Happy New Year

Chapter 1

1.5K 23 20
By GuardianLugia8

Even though this is the first chapter it is a tiny bit long. I kept on writing and before I knew it it was this long and I didn't want to write it all over again, so I hope you like it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Outskirts of Kuoh

It is nighttime in Kuoh. It was a beautiful place surrounded by nature and had a clear sky. In the outskirts of Kuoh, there could be heard the sound of footsteps.

???: So this is Kuoh. It is a beautiful town. Said the voice.

(A/N: He's one of my favorite characters, if you know who he is, please do make a comment.)

He was wearing a white collared red jacket with the sleeves rolled slightly up his forearms. He has brown hair and red eyes. He has elliptical goggles on his head. He has a belt with a silver or aluminum coloured buckle. He has dark trousers with side pockets that are outlined in red and tucked into his blue and black sneakers with gray tongues.

He then turned his head and looked to his right at the person standing in his right.

???: Don't you think so? Asked the person.

???: Yeah, it's quite beautiful. Said the person in a female voice.

She was a beautiful girl wearing a white and orange robe with a yellow, orange and white robe with wings and white and blue boots. She had pink earrings. She has blue hair and green eyes.

???: Let's go. It's getting late so we need to get to the house we are staying. Said the boy.

???: But won't the devils know we're here? Asked with a slight fear in her voice.

The boy saw the look of fear on her face and put a hand on her shoulder. This caused her to look at him and was met with a face with a soothing smile on his face.

???: Don't worry. As far as the devils are concerned, they would only look for the beings who have powers and I have suppressed my aura enough so that I would only pass as normal human, which we are. Said to her.

???: Y-yeah, you're right. They won't do anything to us as long as they think that we are normal humans. Said to him with a little confidence.

???: That's right. Even if the town of Kuoh is devil territory. That is only to those who are affiliated with other factions, but we don't belong in other factions so it's safe. Even if they have this territory, they don't look about how many people have moved in Kuoh. So unless we make ourselves known, we are safe. Said reassuring her.

???: Right, lets go. Said to him.

The boy nodded and the two walked towards the town.

Time skip

The two were now in front of a two storeyed building. It was the same size as that of the other houses surrounding it. The two looked at the house for sometime. The boy then went forward and opened the gate and gestured for the girl to enter. The girl smiled and followed his lead, they both then entered the house and looked around it.

(A/N: I hope this is enough of a description of the living room.)

The living room was quite beautiful. There were also some plants in the house. There were also window doors towards the backyard and it was quite spacious. They then went upstairs and looked at the bedroom.

(A/N: This is how the bedroom looks like.)

The bedroom was quite good as well and there were extra bedroom like the first. They then went down and looked at the clock to see it was 9:30 in the night.

(A/N: I'll be calling them boy and girl until I reveal their names.)

Boy: Want something to eat? Asked the boy to the girl.

Girl: Yeah, it's getting late anyways. Said to him.

Boy: I'll whip up something that you would like. Said to her smiling.

Girl: I'll take the luggage and put them in our room. Said to him.

Boy: Alright. Said giving a thumbs up.

The girl nodded and the two went to do their respective works.

Time skip

They are now sitting at the dining table eating their food. The girl was sitting left to the boy and eating her food.

Girl: Wow, it's tasty like always. Said praising the food.

Boy: Thanks. Said eating the food.

Girl: So what are you going to do now? Asked turning her head to the boy.

Boy: Well, I'm going to go take care of some strays that are in this town. Said to her.

Girl: Wait, how do you know that there are strays in the town? Asked him.

Boy: There are strays almost everyday in this town. Said to her.

Girl: You're talking as if you have been here before. Said to him.

Boy: I have, I had my eye on this town when I found out it became devil territory. When the strays appeared, I killed them and left quickly so that the devils won't detect me. And because of that I wasn't able to get a good look at the town if that's what you were thinking. Said to her.

Girl: Alright, it must have been difficult, coming here and leaving at the same speed you came. Said to him.

Boy: Tell me about it. Said sighing.

The two then finished their lunch and after cleaning their dishes the boy left to deal with the stray devils while the girl was in the house watching TV. After sometime the boy returned and looked at the girl watching TV. He smiled when he saw this, the girl saw him and smiled back.

Girl: Welcome back. Greeted him.

Boy: I'm back. Greeted her.

Girl: Did you take care of the strays? Asked him.

Boy: Yeah, they were easy. Said to her.

Girl: I can see that. Said looking at him.

Boy: I guess we should go to sleep. Said to her.

Girl: You're right. It's getting late anyways. Said to him turning off the TV.

They then took a shower, the girl first then the boy, not what you guys were thinking. They then got in their pajamas. Thy boy wore a red one and the girl wore a white. The boy looked at the girl.

Boy: Do you want me to go sleep in another room? Asked her.

Girl: No, I want you to sleep with me like always. You know I can't sleep without you beside me. Said to him with a blush.

Boy: Alright, as you wish. Said to her.

They both then layed on the bed ready to sleep. The girl hugged his right arm and cuddled to him while the boy just patted her head. After sometime the girl was fast asleep and the boy went to sleep as well.

Time skip 2 days after

It has been two days since they arrived at Kuoh. They have settled in and seemed to have gone under the radar of the devils. They have become familiar with the town. The boy would go out at night to take care of the strays. Now the two were in the house eating breakfast. The girl then decided to talk to him.

Girl: So, going to take care of strays again? Asked him.

Boy: Actually, I was planning on going to the underworld. Said to her.

This obviously surprised her as she looked at him and stopped eating. The boy saw this and looked at her.

Boy: Why did you stop? Asked her confused.

Girl: Why wouldn't I? She shot back.

The boy flinched a bit at this. He knew what she was getting at.

Girl: Why are you going to the underworld anyway? Asked her.

Boy: I have to deliver some "baggage" to the underworld and maybe at the same time announce my arrival. The devils are having a party, many high class devils will be there, so I thought it'd be perfect. Said to her.

She was clearly shocked now, if he wanted to go to the underworld it was fine, but announcing his arrival and "in" a party filled with high-class devils. They have tried hard to not come under the radar of the devils and he was going to announce it. She looked at him dumbfounded. He understood why she was looking at him like that.

Boy: Don't worry. I'm not going to reveal my real identity. Just the other one. Said that her.

This seemed to calm her down as he wasn't going to reveal his human identity. She then looked at him.

Girl: Alright, but please make sure that you don't give them a hint about who you are. Said to him with a serious look.

Boy: Don't worry about it. Said smiling at her.

She smiled back and they went back to eating their food. After having dinner, they washed their dishes and the boy got ready to go.

Girl: Come back fast, okay. Said to him.

Boy: Don't worry about it. I put a barrier here so it will protect you and if anyone comes I will know. The devils of this place are also at the party, so you're safe. Said reassuring her.

Girl: Ok. Said to him.

The boy then left the house and walked to the forest. While walking he heard a voice.

???: So you finally decided to go to the underworld. Said the voice.

Boy: Yeah, I can't have that devil with me all the time you know. Said to him.

???: I would love to see the faces of the devils when you reveal yourself. Said the voice.

Boy: Me too. Said with a smile.

They both laughed imagining the faces of the devils. He then entered the forest.

Time skip

Underworld

A huge party was taking place in the underworld. It was filled with high-class devils of all standing. Many clans were also present including the Gremory, Sitri, Phenex, Bael, Agares etc. The Four Great Satan's were also present in the party. Rias and Sona and their respective peerage were also present and maybe as a way to make sure that Rias would be able to enjoy the party, lord and lady Phenex made sure that Riser wouldn't go near her. And honestly the Gremory was glad of that. The devils were having a good party, the table was filled with lavish foods and drinks. All to show that this party was for the high-class devils of the underworld. The party was going well until they heard some kind of noise from the big door that is the entrance to the hall of the party. They stopped all their talking and looked towards the door. The guards got in front of the door. While they waited they heard shouting of the guards at the other side of the door.

Random gaurd: HALT!! I SAID HAL- Couldn't finish his sentence.

That was the only thing they heard and the devils tensed up when they couldn't hear anything from the other side. After a few seconds had passed, the door was blasted open. The guards standing at the door were blown back including the devils that were near the door were sent flying from the shockwave of the blast. The place the door was was covered in smoke as the devils were wondering who did that and we're ready to attack the one who did this. Then they heard the sound of someone walking, with the sound of metal touching metal.

(A/N: The sound when a knight in a movie walks. Those of you who have seen fiction movies would know.)

They waited for the one to appear as they saw the silhouette of the person coming. The smoke covered it so they couldn't see clearly. The devils tried to sense it's aura but couldn't find anything. This proved one thing, that whoever it was was very good at hiding his presence. Then the person came out of the smoke, and the devils saw the party crasher.

The devils saw the attacker, he was wearing knight like armour, has long blonde glowing hair, red and black armour, shaped like claws of a feline on the shoulders and feet. Two blades were standing from his head, some of his chest was exposed and they could see some of his body. But what caught their attention was that there was the body of someone on his right shoulder, they felt demonic energy from the body and understood that it was a devil.

???'thought': Whoops, I guess I used too much power. Said in his mind.

???: You sure did. But that was a good entrance so just go along with it. Said the same voice that was heard in the boys mind.

The man looked around the hall and stopped when he spotted the devil kings. He then started to walk to them, the devil kings understood that he was coming to them. But then some guards blocked his path. The man just looked at the guards.

Boy: Move. Said to him.

It was the only thing he said to them. They didn't move from their place.

Boy: I'll only say this once more, move or you'll end up like them. Said pointing to the fallen guards on the floor.

The guards flinched at this. The man started to raise his hand at the guards, but before he could do anything, a voice was heard.

???: Stop. Said the voice.

They looked to where the voice was coming from and saw that it was Sirzechs Lucifer. The current Lucifer and the ruler of the underworld. The man lowered his hand while looking at him.

Sirzechs: Let him through. Said to the guards.

The guards complied to the devil kings order and moved from the man's way. He then walked and stopped a few feet away from the devil kings while the other devils looked at the scene unfold. The devil kings and the man were staring down each other, while the devils looked with sweat coming of their face. The man then decide to break the tension.

???: Well, this is the first time we're meeting face to face. It's nice to finally meet the current devil kings. Said to them.

Sirzechs: While I would like to say the same, I don't know who you are. Said to him.

???: Oh, please forgive my rudeness. My name is Ezel. The Incandescent Lion of the Tri-Soul Guardians. Said stating his name and title.

This caused the devils to gasp and step back in fear while the devil kings looked at the now named Ezel seriously. The de facto leader of the devils Zekram Bael stepped up and stood alongside the devil kings and looked at Ezel along with Lord Bael.
Lord Bael had a look of disgust that was seen clearly by everyone in the room. Ezel knew why he was looking at him like that, his pride was well known to him.

Ezel: What's wrong? Didn't like a human coming to the underworld? Asked with a smirk.

Lord Bael didn't take this lightly as the devils saw what would happen. He grew more angry. As the other devils looked at Ezel.

Ezel: Your immense pride isn't something that is new to me. From the information I got some of my predecessors did encounter you and it also seems that you don't like it when a human comes to the underworld. Said to him.

Lord Bael was getting more angry while the others decided it was enough.

Zekram: That's enough you two. Said to them.

Lord Bael looked at Zekram.

Lord Bael: As you wish my lord. Said backing down.

Zekram then looked at Ezel who was giving a calculative look to Zekram and Lord Bael.

Ezel: Well, it proved the fact that Lord Bael would always ask Lord Zekram before doing anything. Said to them.

Lord Bael looked at him with anger in his eyes.

Ezel: Don't worry. I didn't come for a fight. Said raising his free hand to show that he wasn't here to fight.

Lord Bael backed down. Then the others decided to focus on the matter at hand. This time it was Ajuka Beelzebub who asked. He was the current Beelzebub and one of the rulers of the underworld.

Ajuka: Why are you here? Asked him.

Ezel: To give you this. Said throwing the body on his shoulder at the devils feet.

The devils looked at the body to see who it was when suddenly.

???: Nicholas!! Yelled a devil.

The devils looked and saw a male high-class devil running to the body and looking at it. Then the devils understood who it was. It was Nicholas Naberius. A member of the Naberius Clan. The man then looked at Ezel in anger.

High devil: What did you do to him? Asked him in anger.

The devils looked at Ezel for an answer. He just looked at the devil.

Ezel: He was killing innocent humans in his territory. I gave him some warnings, but he didn't pay them any attention. He also did some things to other races. Since he didn't stop what he was doing, I took care of him. Said to them.

High devil: So for just killing some humans you did this to him!! Yelled at him.

Though he soon regretted it when his aura shot like raging flames, the devils backed away, they could clearly see that he didn't like it. The high-class devil just looked at the man scared at the power he was releasing. He then looked at the high-class devil with murderous eyes, this added to scaring the devil more.

Ezel: Just killing some humans, huh. Said repeating the devils words while his hair shadowed his eyes.

The devils tensed up when he said that.

Ezel: Maybe I should kill you. I mean come on. If killing some humans isn't a bad thing then killing one devil won't be that bad now would it. Said in a murderous tone.

The devils backed up even more while the leaders looked at him seriously. Lord Bael didn't like this, he didn't like the fact that a human was threatening a high-class devil. He stepped up. The other five saw this, they tried to stop him but was too late.

Lord Bael: How dare you threaten a high-class devil. You're nothing but a filthy human who can only act like this because you have that powe. You humans are nothing compared to devils. Yelled berating him and humans.

They were thinking about what Ezel would say but instead of saying anything he disappeared and appeared behind Lord Bael. The other devils turned and looked at him. But this time with two blades on his hands. Lord Bael was going to say something but then his clothes were torn apart. His cape was shredded to pieces and his dress had several cuts along with his body. The devils saw  this and the looked at Ezel. They couldn't believe that he was able to move so fast that they couldn't see him.

Ezel: Let's get one thing straight you arrogant devil. Said to him.

The others just looked at him while Lord Bael was getting angry.

Ezel: After what I've shown you, I could easily cut your head off of your body if I wanted to, so don't think you can have that attitude. Said to him.

Lord Bael was getting angry but he knew what he was talking about. He couldn't see him and he could kill him if he wanted to.

Ezel: Just be grateful that I didn't shred your clothes like your cape. The only reason I didn't do that was because it would be shameful for your clan and Sairaorg Bael. Said to him.

The devils were surprised at this. Ezel was seen as a man who seemed to hate devils, yet he didn't humiliate Lord Bael so as to not bring shame upon the Bael clan, but more so when he said that it was for Sairaorg. Sirzechs stepped forward.

Sirzechs: You said you didn't do it because of Sairaorg. Why? Do you know him? Asked him.

Sairaorg got closer to listen to the conversation.

Ezel: No, we haven't talked, nor does he know about me. I know about the things he and his mother Misla Vapula suffered because of him. Some great father and husband. Said the last part with sarcasm.

The devil looked really shocked mostly Sairaorg. Most of the Tri-Soul Guardians were humans who hated devils but here he was, a member of the Tri-Soul Guardians talking about the suffering of one of the devils.

Ezel: Let me just ask you something. The Bael clan holds the title of Great King, right. Do you even know the first thing about being a king? Asked berating him.

Lord bael was getting more angry at his insults.

Ezel: You're ancestor, Zekram Bael lived up to his title as a Great King as he led the devils when they needed a king the most. But you, you're nothing but a failure. Said insulting him.

Lord bael: How dare you insult me. Said getting more angry.

Ezel: That's the truth. You failed at everything in your life. You failed at being a father, a husband, and a leader. How can you call yourself the head of the Bael clan if you can't even make a decision without consulting Zekram Bael. Shot back at him.

Lord bael was fuming with rage. As much as the other leaders wanted to stop him, they knew he was telling the truth. Even the other devils didn't do anything. Ajuka decided that if this was to continue, it would end in a fight, so he decided to stop it.

Ajuka: Lord Ezel, please calm down. You said you don't want to fight, didn't you. Said to him.

Ezel looked at him and knew that he was right, so he calmed himself while Zekram calmed lord bael down. Ezel then looked at the high-class devils beside Nicholas.

Ezel: Just be grateful that I didn't kill him like the other one. Said to him.

The others understood what he meant. He was talking about the other Naberius devil that was killed by a member of his own peerage. Ezel then teleported a file and handed it over to Ajuka. He looked at the file and back at Ezel.

Ajuka: What is this? Asked him.

Ezel: It's a file containing a list of things that he did behind the back of the devil governments, including the Satan's and yours as well Lord Zekram. Said to them.

Ajuke just looked at the file and used a magic circle to teleport it.

Ezel: And before I forget. It also contains the names of the high-class devils that helped him. Said to them.

This caused some of the high-class to grow restless as the leaders saw this. Ajuka then looked at Ezel.

Ajuka: Thank you for giving me this. Said thanking him.

Ezel: There is no need for that. Also, I know you devils have a mistaken belief that devils are superior to humans. Said to them.

The other leaders just looked at him. They didn't find this quite surprising as devils have looked down upon humans since the time they were born. But the leaders knew better than to underestimate humans as they had their fair share of experiences. Sadly, not all devils think like that.

???: That is not a mistaken belief. We devils are superior to you filthy humans. Said an arrogant voice.

The devils looked to where it was coming from and saw who it was. They could only sigh at the devil. Ezel looked and saw who the devil was.

The devil that said that was Riser Phenex, a member of the house of Phenex. He understood from his voice that he was very arrogant. He turned his whole body and faced him.

Riser: You filthy humans are nothing compared to devils. You can't do anything on your own. Said to him.

Ezel didn't take this lightly as he started to get angry. The leaders saw this and wondered what he would do. He calmed down and looked at him.

Ezel: Really. Well, when I first met that Nicholas, he said that devils were superior to humans and that humans always depend on others to live. He said that the weak are the ones who depend on the strong. Do you believe that? Asked him.

The leaders understood what Ezel was getting at and tried to stop Riser from answering but they were too late.

Riser: Yes, that's right. Riser believes that you humans are below us devils and only the weak have to rely on the strong. Said to him with an arrogant smirk.

The leaders mentally facepalmed at Risers stupidity and knew what Ezel was going to say next. Ezel on the other hand smiled when he got his reply. Some of the devils were confused as to why he was smiling including Riser, but they would get their answer soon.

Ezel: So that means that humans are superior to devils since you are depending on us humans to repopulate your race. Said with a sly smile.

When he said that, only then did Riser and the other devils understand that they fell in his trap. Riser openly stated that only the weak depend on the strong and in the current situation the devils were depending on humans, and as such it meant he admitted that humans are superior to devils. This of course caused him to look at him in anger as Ezel was smirking at him.

Riser: You filthy human, how dare you fool Riser. Said with clear anger in his voice.

Ezel: I didn't fool you. I just said the thing that he said and you replied to it. I never fooled you, it was your own fault for answering my question without thinking about the situation of you devils. Said to him.

Then some high-class devil spoke up getting angry at him.

Random devil: Oh really. We devils only depend on you to repopulate otherwise you humans wouldn't mean a thing to us. We would never depend on you humans. Said to him.

The other devils agreed to this. But Ezel just smiled at this as the devils grew confused once more. He then looked at the devils.

Ezel: Really, you wouldn't depend on us if you didn't have to repopulate your race. But, as far as I can see, you devils seem to have been depending on us from the very start. Said to them.

The devils were confused about it while the leaders and some other devils understood what he meant. Riser didn't understand it so thought he was talking nonsense since he didn't have anything to say to him.

Riser: What proof do you have? Said confidently.

Ezel just smiled and the leaders just facepalmed at his stupidity.

Ezel: You want proof. The proof is all around you. Said to him.

Riser and the other devils were clearly confused by this as Ezel looked in amusement at the scene in front of him.

Ezel: Man, for high-class devils you sure are stupid. Said giving a chuckle.

The other devils got angry at this especially Riser. He looked at him angrily.

Riser: How dare you call Riser stupid. There is no proof here. You're the one whose stupid. Said to him.

Ezel: Really, no proof. You all are wearing the proof. Said to them.

The other devils were confused while the ones who understood this just stood there. Riser just looked at Ezel after looking at his clothes.

Riser: What do you mean we are wearing the proof? These dresses were created by devils not humans. Said to him.

The devils that understood this just sighed at his stupidity while Ezel couldn't hold his laughter and laughed in front of the devils. Riser and the other idiot devils didn't understand it. After Ezel stopped laughing he looked at Riser.

Ezel: Since you are so stupid to understand what I was telling you, I will explain it to you myself. Your dresses might have been created by devils, but in the end. They were based off of what we humans created. Said to him.

That's when Riser and the other devils understood what he meant. What he said was true, the clothes that the devils were wearing were created based on the designs that humans made. That was when their mind clicked on to what he was saying and looked at him. Ezel understood that they now realized what he was saying.

Ezel: It seems you finally realized what I was talking. Ever since the the old ages, you devils and the other supernatural beings have copied things that humans made and used them as your own. Humans didn't create anything new to you until the medieval age, but after that, they started creating things that not even you devils could understand. Said to him.

The devils understood what he meant. While they knew magic, they knew nothing about technology, in the short time that had passed, humans had created things that were far beyond anything that the supernatural beings could've imagined. Humans have created weapons that can do minimum damage to those that could disintegrate a whole area or much more. The devils have also gone as far as to adopt their methods of communication and transportation like cars, trains, etc. The devils finally understood what he was talking about.

Ezel: It seems it finally dawned to you what I meant. You devils have been copying the things we humans made for centuries. Including food, clothing, vehicle's and more. So it's safe to say that you have been depending on humans from the start. Said to him.

For the first time, Riser was speechless. The other devils couldn't say anything to counter it as they knew what he said was true while Ezel was standing there with a satisfied smile. The devil leaders couldn't believe at the stupidity of the clueless high-class devils. Sirzechs the turned to face Ezel and he did the same.

Sirzechs: Is that all you had to do after coming here? Asked him going back to the matter that they were discussing.

Ezel: No, I'm not done yet. Said to him.

The devils then focused their attention to him.

Ezel: I'm here to announce that the territory that was ruled by Nicholas Naberius is now under the protection of the Tri-Soul Guardians. Said announcing to them.

This caused the devils to gasp in shock at the announcement. The other high-class devils looked at him angrily for claiming a territory that belonged to the devils.

Lord Bael: You can't do that. Said angrily at him.

The other devils agreed to him by saying that he's right and that he has no right to say that. Ezel just looked at the devils and when it became quiet he decided to speak again.

Ezel: Apparently I can. And also, the Greek gods are not liking the things he did there. The things he did there has gained the ire of some members of the Greek pantheon. Said to them.

The devil leaders flinched at this. The devils were still recovering from the war and a fight with the Greek pantheon was something that they hoped to avoid. Seeing that he has the devils attention he decided to continue.

Ezel: It also doesn't help you that rumours about the things he did are spreading throughout the supernatural world. Especially, the yokai faction. Said to them.

The devils didn't say anything to it. He just looked at them.

Ezel: And because of this, your reputation as being different than the Old Satan faction is crumbling. Said to them.

The devils couldn't do anything but listen to what he was saying.

Ezel: You leaders of the devils are doing a very poor job keeping your subordinate's in line. If this goes on, the other factions might see you as a common enemy if your subordinates keep doing these things. Said to them.

The devils flinched at the prospect of fighting with the other factions. But they still didn't understand on thing, what did Nicholas do that might make them look bad. Then one of the Satan's decided to ask that question. This time it was Serafall Leviathan, the current Leviathan and a ruler of the underworld.

(A/N: She's wearing formal clothes, not the magical girl costume, just in case you know.)

Serafall: What did he do that might make them do such a thing? Asked him in a serious tone.

Ezel then looked at Serafall for a few seconds the decided to answer her.

Ezel: The information is in the file. Since you're devils, maybe things like that are normal to you. But I don't think the yokai faction will take this lightly. Said to her.

The devils didn't know what it was but knew that it was serious if he was talking like that.

Ezel: And while we're on the subject, who was the devil that attacked the yokai village a few years ago? Asked them.

After he said that, the one who attacked the village came forward. Ezel looked and saw that it was none other than Riser.

Riser: That would be Riser. Said to him.

Ezel: You attacked the village. Why? Asked him.

Riser: That is pretty obvious. The criminal known as Kuroka killed her master and ran away. So I attacked the village that she lived. Said proudly.

Ezel: Do you know why she killed him? Asked him.

Riser: Of course, that Kuroka was driven mad by power and killed a noble devil like him. Said to him.

Ezel scoffed at this, the devils didn't like it. He then looked at the unconscious body of Nicholas and back at Riser.

Ezel: Considering the fact that her former master was a relative of his, I wonder what "really" happened. Said pointing at Nicholas and putting emphasis on the really.

The devils looked at him with scrutinizing looks while the devil leaders started to rethink about it after hearing it. This comment did catch the attention of a certain white haired devil. He then looked at Riser.

Ezel: Because of your attack at the yokai village because of one former yokai, there is still uneasiness between the yokai faction about the devils. I'm honestly surprised that they rented Kuoh to you. Said to him.

This information caught the attention of the Lucifer and Leviathan, a certain redhead and brunette along with red headed male noble and a female brown headed noble and two black haired nobles.

Sirzechs: How do you know about that? Asked seriously.

Ezel: I was told about it from the higher ups of the yokai faction. Some of the yokai are still skeptical about it. Said to him.

This surprised them that he was able to talk to the higher ups of the yokai faction. But then they thought that he might've just barged there like here. Ezel seemed to understand it.

Ezel: I didn't barge in there if that's what you're thinking. Said to them.

They were surprised when he said the thing that they were thinking.

Ezel: Just so you devils know, we members of the Tri-Soul Guardians have a good relationship with the Yokai faction as we've gone there many times to meet with their leader. Said to him.

The leaders were looking at him with calculating eyes. They thought that the members of the Tri-Soul Guardians were people who worked on their own, at least that's how the previous ones were. They would never join a faction and would only work with the other two. But here he was a member of the Guardians saying that him and the other two have a good relationship with the yokai, even letting them meet the leaders. Ezel looked at the leaders knowing what they were thinking.

Ezel: I guess you have become a little wary of me when I revealed that. Said to them.

The devils leaders then looked at him.

Ezel: Since I'm already here, I will also tell you that we Guardians have a good relation with not only the yokai, but the Greek, Norse, Shinto, Hindu and the other factions. Said to them.

All the devils were really surprised when he said that. Even though they knew that he has good relation with the yokai faction, some of the devils didn't think much of it. But now they know that he has good relations with the other factions of the world. The devil leaders looked at him with calculating eyes as they now just learned that he has good relations with the other factions and they can't do anything to him without the other factions getting wind of it. This also made the leaders realise that unlike the devils who only have themselves he has relations with the major factions of the world. So if they do anything unsavory to him, it might create a bad image for the devils in front of the other factions and might end with the other factions fighting the devils thinking of them as a threat. The leaders just looked at him while Ezel understood that they were wary of him.

Ezel: And also as proof for my good relations with the other factions, I have 2 favors from the Hindu God Shiva. Said to them.

This caused the devils to look at him surprised.

Zekram: Shiva!? You mean the Hindu God of Destruction and one of the strongest beings in the world. You have got favors from him. Said to him shocked.

The other devils who didn't know about it were shocked that he has favors from such a powerful God. The other devils had a look of fear on their faces.

Ezel: That's right, and that's not including the other favors I got from the other gods and leaders of the factions and also the favors that the other two have. Said to them.

The devil leaders were now looking at him with fear, they thought that he was someone who did things on his own, but now here he was saying that he has favors from various Gods of other pantheons. He could tell the other factions to attack the devils and they might do it. Ezel saw this and smirked.

Ezel: I'll also add this, due to the favors I got. Said starting.

The devils were looking at him in fear of what he might say.

Ezel: I can ask them to go to war with you devils, and some of the God's would like to got to war with you devils. Said with a smirk.

The leaders and the devils were looking at him in fear of what he said. Ezel on the other hand was clearly enjoying this. That's when he remembered about Kuoh.

Ezel: Ah that's right, Sirzechs Lucifer and Serafall Leviathan. Said to them.

They looked at him when their names were called.

Ezel: Your sisters aren't doing a great job at taking care of Kuoh. Said to them.

This caught their attention and the two looked at him seriously. While they were looking at each other. Ezel heard a voice.

???: What do you mean we aren't doing a good job at taking care of Kuoh. Said an angered voice.

Ezel turned to see where the voice was coming from and saw the person. It was the Gremory heiress and baby sister of Sirzechs Lucifer, Rias Gremory.

She was a beautiful woman with the Gremory clans signature red hear. She was wearing a red formal dress and looked at Ezel angrily. He knew why she was looking at him like that.

Ezel: I meant what I said. You two aren't doing a good job taking care of Kuoh, well mostly you. Said to her.

This only seemed to anger her more.

Rias: What do you mean mostly me? I take good care of my territory. Said to him.

Ezel looked at her with a neutral look.

Ezel: Look Gremory, I've been coming to Kuoh everyday. And as far as I can see, even though it is your territory by name, the one actually taking care of it is Sona Sitri. Said to her.

This surprised her and the other devils when he said that he has been visiting Kuoh these days. Then they heard another voice.

???: You mean you have been coming to Kuoh each day. Said the voice.

They looked to where it was and saw that it belonged to the before named Sona Sitri. She was a heiress like Rias and the heiress of the Sitri Clan.

She was a beautiful girl with shoulder length hair and wearing a blue formal dress. She walked from the crowd and stood before Ezel. Ezel just looked at her.

Ezel: Yes I have. It is also nice to meet you face to face Lady Sitri. Said bowing to her.

The devils looked at him surprised that he bowed to her. If he did that to the devil kings they would understand since they were the rulers of the underworld but a heiress, they didn't understand it. Rias on the other hand thought about why he didn't now to her like he did to Sona. Sona seeing this returned the gesture and bowed to him.

Rias: Why did you bow to her? Asked him.

Ezel: Pardon? Said to her.

Rias: I'm asking why you only bowed to her. You didn't bow to our leaders, when I came you didn't do it, but bowed to Sona, so why did you bow to her? Asked him.

The other devils looked at him for his answer.

Ezel: Because she has my respect. Said to her.

This obviously caused the devils to look at him surprised as he said that he had respect for a devil.

Rias: So you're telling me that you don't respect me or our leaders. Said to him.

Ezel: I never said I didn't have respect for your leaders. I respect your leaders for leading the devils all these years, but I don't have any respect for you. Said to her.

Of course Rias didn't like it. She had a pride as a noble devil and here was someone who openly stated that he doesn't have respect for her.

Rias: Do you know who I am. Said to him.

Ezel: I know who you are. Rias Gremory, heiress of the Gremory Clan, Princess of Destruction, Crimson Haired Ruin Princess, The devil kings baby sister aaand Riser Phenex's betrothed. Said to her.

When she heard the last part she took a step back, he understood from that action that she didn't like the marriage. She then composed herself and looked at him. Ezel decided to continue.

Ezel: I guess that was enough for you to know that I know all about your titles. If you think that I'm someone who would give respect to others just because of their names or titles, then you're terribly mistaken. My respect isn't something that I would just give to someone, it's something that should be earned. I give respect to people according to the things they did and their personality. Said to her.

When she heard that she felt she was insulted, which truthfully saying she was.

Rias: You're saying I'm not worthy of your respect. Said to him.

Ezel: That's exactly what I'm saying. Said openly.

Now Rias felt more insulted.

Ezel: While I have respect for your brother, I can't say the same about you. You're nothing but a spoiled brat. Said to her.

This seemed to break a fuse in her head.

Rias: How dare you call me a spoiled brat!! Shouted at him.

Ezel: I'm calling you that because you are. From what I have learned and seen about you. You have been given everything you ever wanted since you were a child. You weren't refused even one thing and always got whatever you wanted. Even now you use your name as a Gremory to get what you want. I know that you would use your families influence and money to get the things you want. While Sona on the other hand is the opposite of how you are, and that is why she has my respect. Said to her.

While Sirzechs and Rias's parents didn't like the way Ezel talked to her they knew he was telling the truth. They have pampered Rias since she was a child and still do it. Rias on the other wanted to know what was different about Sona.

Rias: How is Sona different than me? Asked him.

Ezel: That's simple. Unlike you Rias, Sona tries to earn the things she wants not get it through her family. She doesn't use her family name to get what she wants and instead tried to earn it through hard work. Something that you never did. That was also the reason why she goes by the name of Souna Shitori in the human world and tries to get the respect of others.
Said to her.

The others were surprised that he knew about Sona's human name.

Ezel: Sona wants others to see her not as the heiress of the Sitri Clan, but as just Sona, she wants people to see her as herself and wants to earn the things in her name and not using her title. And for that she has my respect. So is that all or do you want me to say more. Said to Rias.

Rias on the other hand didn't know what to say, while Sona looked at Ezel surprised that he knows so much about her. Rias's parents and brother just looked at the scene while Sona's parents were looking at the scene happily and feeling proud that their daughter was being complimented by a member of the Tri-Soul Guardians.
Ezel then turned to face the leaders.

Ezel: You should be proud of your sister Lady Serafall. Said to her.

Said gaining her attention.

Ezel: There aren't many people who would get respect so you should feel proud of your sister for getting my respect. Said to her.

To this Serafall just smiled at him.

Serafall: I already am. Said smiling.

He smiled and turned to Rias but there was someone standing in between them. He looked down to see who it is and was greeted with the sight of a small child.

The one standing between them was Millicas Gremory. The son of Sirzechs Lucifer and Grayfia Lucifuge. He was standing in front of Rias with outstretched arms in a protective manner. The devils were surprised at this while Ezel smiled and raised his hand at Millicas. Sirzechs and Grayfia became worried while Rias looked at what he would do while Millicas closed his eyes in fear of whatever he was about to do. But to the surprise of all the devils, Ezel just patted his head with a smile while the boy just looked at him.

Ezel: Why are you standing between us? Asked with a smile.

Millicas: Stop bullying my Aunt. Said to him.

Ezel: Oh, am I. Said in an amused voice.

The devils just looked at him patting the head of the son of Lucifer like any other kid, while this calmed the boys family. He then stopped patting his head and turned to the leaders.

Ezel: I guess it's time for me to go. Said to them.

Sirzechs: I guess it has. Said agreeing to him

Ezel was about to make a magic circle but then remembered something and looked at the leaders.

Ezel: I will also say one thing before I go. Said gaining their attention.

The leaders looked at him seriously.

Ezel: I handed him over to you thinking that you would give him the appropriate punishments for his actions. If you are lenient on him because he is a high-class devil. Then I will be the one to give him his punishment. Said the last part with a murderous tone.

The leaders clearly understood what he meant. If they didn't give him the appropriate punishment for his actions he will kill him. They were lucky that he decided to hand him over to them instead of killing him, otherwise they would've lost another noble. The leaders nodded to him and he then disappeared in his magic circle. After that the leaders just looked at each other.

Kuoh

A magic circle appeared in front of the boys house and out came Ezel, he then glowed a golden light and when it disappeared, in place of Ezel was the boy.

Boy: Well, that was something. Said to himself.

???: You can say that again. Said in his mind.

Boy: Well, let's just go inside. I want to sleep. Said then entered the house.

He was greeted by the sight of the girl watching TV, when she saw him she got up and went to him.

Girl: Welcome back. Said to him.

Boy: I'm home. Said cheerfully.

The girl giggled at this and the boy smiled that she was happy.

Girl: How was your trip to the underworld? Asked him.

Boy: It went well. I was able to hand over the baggage and intimidate some devils. Said with a smile for victory.

Girl: Guess it went well. Said to him.

Boy: It sure did. Said smiling.

They laughed for sometime.

Boy: Shall we go to sleep? Asked her.

Girl: Yeah. Said smiling.

They then went to their bedroom, the boy took a bath and the two changed to their pajamas. They then got on the bed and ready to sleep. The girl was hugging the boys right arm like always.

Girl: Good night. Said closing her eyes.

Boy: Good night. Said closing his eyes as well.

They then slept peacefully.

End Chapter

So how was that. In most first chapters, you would know the name of the characters or his name will be written as (Y/N). So I thought why not change that. You will know the name of the characters in the next chapter. I'm going to use the characters real names as I like to call them by the names the authors gave them, so if you know it then please don't say it in the comment, though I think you will tell their name long before you get here. So, kudos to that.

I hope you like this chapter. Please leave a vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 138 7
Here we go again... Hundreds of years ago a devil scientist cracked the code and was able to make advanced devils in order to put his species at the...
395 5 7
(This is my first EVER highschool dxd fanfic so don't expect it to be the best, also English isn't my first language) (I also do plan to rewrite this...
1.1K 105 19
I am not what anyone would describe as a "good person". I can't say I have ever been accused of being anything close but, personally, I don't find th...
66.7K 2.6K 49
["What do you search for in life, issei? What gets you out of bed every morning? Well, I've found my answer, and I've decided to dedicate my whole li...