With an Egg on One's Face ~ K...

By cypso-

I don't know about the title, so let's just ignore that. One day (Y/N) realizes she likes Hinata, and having... More

Monarchy~ Part 1
Honeydew ~ Part 3
Practice~ Part 4
Rambling~ Part 5
Don't you dare eat that porkchop you dropped on the floor ~ Part 6
The Words you Say to me~ Part 7

Street lights~ Part 2

25 1 18
By cypso-

My heavy facade is exhausting, but I manage to make it difficult to see through. Even though with every step I take I'm convinced that I can't move further, I still manage to put on a smile, one that my mother said she loved so much on her death bed, along with my hair of course. Thyroid cancer. Caught in its late stages, she didn't stand a chance. On her deathbed, she apologized for the way she treated me. She loved me, she loved me so much.

During her funeral, Father loved me so much that he was busy working to make sure we could keep our home, that's why he didn't show up, that's why I didn't see him.

We're one small happy family.

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

She treated me like she did

because of her cancer,

She loved me.

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

Walking into Karasuno's doors, I immediately know how to flip the switch and become the infamous (Y/N) (L/N).

So befitting of my title I walk up behind Kageyama and greet him. "Another morning and another chance to get into Hinata's pants."

"(L-L/N), what the actual fuck." He deadpanned, face a little bit red.

"I can only do it with your help Kageyama~~" I placed my elbow on his shoulder putting the majority of my weight on him.

"Seriously (L/N)," he rolled his eyes face-palming. "This early in the morning?"

"I said I wouldn't stop until you gave in." I teased walking with him down the hall towards our classrooms.

"You're a pain in the ass." I know. He brushed my arm off, "Let me be already."

"Not happening Kageyama, you aren't getting rid of me until you agree to help me out." I smiled jumping in front of him making an 'X' with my fingers.

"Jeez... Here's your class." Kageyama pushed me through the door rubbing the back of his head shutting the door behind me and vanishing from my sight probably attempting to wait it out until the last minute to come back to class. I opened the door and I chuckled, "See you at lunch Kageyama~~" He bolted down the halls which made me laugh a tad longer.

I sat down at my desk next to Hinata and sparked a conversation.

"Hinata! Could I watch you practice again today!" I put my attention on Hinata who was smiling back at me.

"Totally! I'm actually looking forward to it if I'm being honest." Hinata closed his eyes smiling wider than before.

Was I overthinking this whole thing or did he just say he was looking forward to seeing me during lunch?

"What position do you play Hinata?" I read somewhere online, that saying the name of someone in conversation could make them like you because it makes them feel special. Let's just hope I don't sound awkward.

"Middle blocker." He groaned clearly dissatisfied with his position.

"That's a bad thing?"

"I'm a *De*Coy*" He pronounced each syllable of the word as if I didn't know it.

"I think that decoys are important, you wouldn't be on the team otherwise, would you?" I smiled.

"I mean... yeah. But I wanna be the aceeeee." He sounded a tad like a child wanting candy in a grocery store, but I found it cute and didn't really mind it.

"But your job is to make the way -for- the ace, right? To like create an opportunity for him to spike n' stuff right?"

Hinata nodded a bit confused as to why I was explaining his position.

"So if ya think about it, you're actually just as critical as the ace is to the team."

"I mean... Yeah I guess."

"Plus, you're definitely gonna be the ace one day Hinata, dream big." I smirked, "as big as a short kid can dream." I snickered and Hinata deadpanned.

"Ah yes, short people jokes. Love 'em." He responded.

I noticed the teacher walking into the room so I turned back in my chair to face the board, mentally preparing myself to sit down for what would feel like forever of just boring class shit.

。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

Class is finally out, I stretched back into my seat feeling a bit wobbly.

Are my legs

Going to give out this early,

again?

。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

"You finished your food even faster than you did yesterday Hinata! You've made me proud" I said sarcastically.

"Why thank you my liege." He bowed returning my same sarcastic energy.

"I mean, I know why you wanna be the ace, to be like the tiny giant, but is there any other reason that I just don't know about?"

"Because spikers are suuuuper cool! I jump up and they hit the ball like WHAM!!! And it hits the floor like BOOM!"

I should've expected that one, but I just smiled at how dorky Hinata was being (if being a volleyball nerd counts as dorky).

"Oh, wait frick it's Kageyama." I looked to the side seeing Kageyama in my peripherals and pushed Hinata forward, "Race ya there!" But instead of chasing after him, I walked with Kageyama.

"So, wanna help me out yet Kageyama?" I wasn't sure how I could convince him to throw me a bone yet, but I was sure I'd get there."Day two of askin'."

"Is there going to be a third?" He sighed as I nodded.

"Fuck yeah there will." I can tell how annoyed he is with me, he's not even trying to hide it.

"And you promise to stop constantly nagging me if I just help ya' get with Hinata?" He raised an eyebrow as I smirked.

"Yes." He placed a hand on his forehead shaking his head, clearly not liking what he's about to say.

"Fine."

"AWWW YOU DO CARE~~" I swooned elbowing his arm.

"Calm down Jesus." He rolled his eyes disappointed.

" Kageyama admit it now you're in love with me." I said sarcastically.

"Never, how could I love someone like you."

"Ouch stabbed right through the heart, I might just cry about- that." Someone like me..? My smirk briefly faded before I forced it back.

"Kageyama, here's the plan you just gotta tell Hinata about how great I am when I'm not there alright? Toss in a good word every now and then until I think of something better."

"Fine." He sighed.

"Whatcha' gonna sayyy~?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Nah fam I'm all about free will."

He just raised an eyebrow at my contradiction, "Yeah."

"I'll say you have an... Interesting? Sense of humor."

"MANNN JUST SAY I'M FUNNEH."

"But... You aren't."

"OUCH. C'MON, you're supposed to be my wingman here!"

"Whatever you say."

"Oh, right! Kageyama, I need your phone number."

"Why?" He deadpanned.

"So we can plot stuff! DUH."

"Fine fine, whatever." We traded phones each typing our numbers.

"Ya sure do say 'whatever' a lot."

"I just don't know what else to say, you're pretty one-off."

"And you're pretty blunt, gorgeous." I grinned trading our phone backs.

He only sighed entering the gym, leaving our conversation behind, leaving me to follow him.

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

Laugh

It

Off

⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

Cold-night air, romantic as usual. I liked the way the streetlights flickered because it gave me an excuse to stay closer to Hinata, I'm scared. At least that's what I'd say if he ever asked about it.

It's been a bit quiet, though maybe that's because of Kageyama's massive fail earlier at being my wingman.

"Y'know (L/N) is pretty cute, you should go out with them." "That was pretty out of the blue Kageyama." Hearing their exchange made my eyes roll back, I need to help him step up his game.

Regardless of that, the silence between Hinata and I was starting to become unbearable, I need to start a conversation.

"So uhm, Hinata, are you with anyone?" I felt knots in my stomach, which could probably be mistaken for butterflies if I didn't know better.

"Yeah??" I felt my heart sink. "I'm with you right now (L/N)?" He looked puzzled as to why I'd ask something like that.

"Um, no not like that." I twiddled my thumbs disheartened, a bit embarrassed, but I pressed on. "I meant- I mean... Are you single Hinata?" I pursed my lips sheepishly.

"O-Oh that's what you mea- Yes, I mean yes I am."

"Alright. I- thanks for walking me to the bus, I'll talk to you at school tomorrow."

"Right... Bye (L/N)..?!" I could hear the urgency in his tone, clearly a tad flustered.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Talking with you gives me

Carnivorous Butterflies

In my stomach

If they stay too long they'll swallow me whole.

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

Home, I wish I could say finally after that. But now I'm simply in an empty cold house with no warmth left.

Escaping my shoes I plod to the kitchen, my legs can't take anymore but my throat is so dry it's become brittle.

The cup feels heavy, I'd think my arms could go a little longer, but no. After a second sip, I place the cup into the sink and trudge up to my room, each stair costing me more of my energy. I'm appalled that I let myself fall into such a condition.

I collapse onto my bed pulling my phone from my pocket. Kageyama probably went home when Hinata and the other's did, so he should reply; Which is what I hoped.

Social Deity (Kageyama)

(Y/N)

Hey, y'know based on what you said today to Hinata, I'd have assumed you were a real lady killer

Social Deity

Thanks.

(Y/N)

EW OHMG YOU USE PUNCTuATION UNIROnICALlY????????!??!?!

WHATEvER Kageeeeeyaammmaaaaaaaaa HERE'S TOMORROW'S PLAN ALRIGHT??

Social Deity

Already?

(Y/N)

Gonna be really easy so even a pea brain like you will get it

Social Deity

Ok.

(Y/N)

Just gotta let me practice with you guys during lunch :D

Lemme throw the balls to you!

They call me the ball wrangler for a reason >:)

Social Deity

What the actual fuck...

(Y/N)

I'm kidding jeeeeeeez, I just need to get Hinata to feel close to me, and mb make you love me too in the process

I can have a whole ass LOVE TRIANGLE

Social Deity

Have fun with that.

(Y/N)

See ya tmr lover boy ;)

Social Deity

Sadly.

・‥...━━━☆

Yippie-Kai-Yay

I'm the

Ball Wrangler

・‥...━━━☆

Y'know those synonyms of embarrassed kinda trail off at the end there...

Regardless, I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS STORY YOU HAVE NO CLUEEEEE! I just hope that it comes off that way and that you guys also enjoy it along the way!

I kinda feel bad for saying that because half of this story is about depression and stuff, but regardless I enjoy writing it.

Have some kithes and a lovely day :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.3K 26
[π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—˜π—§π—˜] in a world where two teens meet in the weirdest way possible kageyama x reader
64.7K 2K 17
"I'll always support you too. We'll make our future bright and achieve our dreams... together." A story where y/n, a former model moves to Miyagi for...
89K 1.8K 21
(Mostly just soft Kageyama) You are Hinata's childhood best friend, was supporting Hinata at his middle school game. When you see Kageyama on the c...
1.3M 40.9K 59
a loud girl and a shy boy. could i make it anymore obvious? 𖨆♑𖨆 [kageyama x fem reader] WARNING ⚠️ smut ??? strong language mature themes achiev...