✔️ MALEDETTO | 18 +

Av LilaAurora_LA

⚠️BE WARNED⚠️: This book is a dark romance and contains abusive and mature content. Smut. An emotional roller... Mer

PLOT
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 17

8.5K 463 73
Av LilaAurora_LA

Previous chapter:
"Then, we still have a lot to catch up," he said, twisted, making me huff.

Calina's pov

"Before we do our catch up, I've to talk to Adrian," I told him, I wanted to make sure he was alight as I was worried the men after me might hurt him to get me back.

"You want to talk to him?" he asked me, humming. "Yes," I told him, nodding my head, looking him in the eye, not letting him intimidate me.

"And what do I get for allowing you talk to him?" he asked now, looking at me with a slight smirk on his face, his head cocked.

"A deadly hacker," I gritted out, holding eye contact, "that is not chasing you to save me from you. He'll come for me, unless you let me talk to him and stop him from causing you any trouble."

"Deadly hacker," he huffed, "you mean Bob Butts? I really can't take that clown seriously after his name change."

"How do you know his identity?" I asked him surprised. "I know everything that is evolved with you," he claimed, tucking a hair strand behind my ear, "even if you hate me, I watched over you, over what's mine." His words made me sick, the way he claimed me made me sick. I was never his. And I never would be.

"Don't make a name fool you, Raphael, otherwise, you'll get fooled again," I told him with a sly smile, mocking him. "Watch your fucking mouth!" he warned me, pointing his finger directly before my face.

"You are no one to command me," I said, pushing his finger away from my face. "If I am a no one to you, then why did you come back to me, huh?" he asked me.

"I'll tell you everything but first let me talk to Adrian," I sighed annoyed, "me talking to him is for the best for both of us, or he won't stop--"

"He can't find you," he cut me off, making me frown. "What do you mean by that?" I asked curiously. "Before I came, I told my worker to make sure you're safe, which means he erased every footage leading to you, and probable some more to deceive the people trying to find you, that means there's no trace of hint for anyone to find you."

"I still want to talk to him, he must be worried sick," I muttered, thinking of Adrian. "I don't care," he said with a snort, shrugging his shoulders, turning around, gesturing me to follow him.

"Please." I whispered, but loud enough for him to stop in his tracks and look at me with an unreadable expression.

IN THE MEANTIME

Bob's pov

Focus.

Concentrate.

Head on.

Don't give up.

I told myself those encouraging words for hours now, sitting before the notebook, too stubborn to give up, especially on her. My eyes were heavy from the lack of sleep, and my head ached due to the staring on the screen without any break.

But I couldn't rest. I needed to find her. I needed to find my sister. "Where are you Calina?" I asked myself, sighing. I was worried sick as all traces of her were suddenly erased, as someone played with the system before me, always taking a step before me.

And for the first time in life I felt useless. Craning my neck, I looked at the ceiling, taking a deep breath, telling me once again not to give up.

My head shot back straight, and I looked at my phone as it rang, hopes filled me as I saw it was an unknown number, Calina, I hoped it was her.

Immediate3ly, I picked up the call. "Calina? Is that you?"

"Yes," I heard her voice from the other end of the line, making let out a deep sigh of relief, getting up from the couch with the phone to my ear.

"Where are you? Are you safe? Do you want me to come and pick you up?" I asked hoping she would tell me her location.

"Yes, I am safe, and no, I don't want you to come and pick me up, I got it all sort out," she told me, making me frown.

"Sort out? How?" I asked, walking up and down. "Let that be my concern," she muttered shortly. "Your concern? Sugar, I am worried sick here--"

"You don't have to, I called you to tell you not to worry about me, I am getting everything sort out slowly--"

"I don't think so sugar," I interrupted her, "listen, your street footages are getting erased by someone, even I can't find you, you have to--"

"I know they are getting erased," she claimed, confusing me. "What?" I asked with a mutter. "They are getting erased for my safety, to get off the people off my back who are chasing me," she explained.

"By who? With who are you Calina?" I asked her, alarmed that she sought protection in the wrong place.

"Someone who'll protect me," she mumbled. "I could protect you too!" I snapped frustrated.

"I know, but I don't want you to, I don't want to put your life in danger, your family needs you," she told me, making me sigh.

"With who are you Calina?" I asked once again, placing a fist against the wall near me, hoping the cold cement would help me to cool down a little.

"I am safe, that's all you have to know, don't worry about me anymore," she told me. "Don't tell me not to worry about you!" I huffed.

"Please come back ..."

"I can't, I don't want to put you in danger! Why don't you understand?" she asked me with a sigh. "I don't need to understand that bullshit." I pleaded.

"Goodbye, Adrian, and have a happy life, and forget about me, I am gone, and happy, be happy too instead of mourning after me."

Then, she ended the call. "Calina? Lina?" I asked, screaming frustrated, punching the wall next to me, slumping against it, not accepting the fact she left me, her brother.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" Emma asked, appearing from the hall, entering the living room. Looking at her, I shook my head, muttering the three words I didn't want to believe,

"She's gone."

"What do you mean she's gone?" she asked me, approaching me, crouching next to me.

"Gone, left without any trace, like a ghost," I muttered. Biting her lip, she looked at me, before hugging me, mumbling, "We'll find her--"

"I can't, I tried too hard, but she left like a ghost, she left us."

Sighing, she hugged me tighter, as I wondered who was helping her.

To who did you go Calina?

IN THE MEANTIME

Calina's pov

Emotional.

That's how I felt after the call. I wanted to cry as I heard his broken voice, pleading me to come back, but I couldn't go back. I didn't want to put him in danger. If something happened to him, I couldn't forgive myself.

And I would rather have the pig before me paying for my mistake than Adrian. I looked at Raphael, who was staring at me callously. I didn't know if he was mad at me. There was no trace of emotion on his features when he looked at me. He really was still the same. The same callous man.

While looking at him, I noticed something: My feelings for him still didn't change, I felt nothing but hatred for him.

"Now you're also done with you call, explain," he demanded me, leaning back. I thought our catch-up was going to be in the basement, but to my surprise it was in an office.

We were sitting on a couch in his office. I looked at him and he looked at me. "What are you still waiting for?" he asked, as I didn't utter a word. "I don't know, maybe an invitation?" I asked him back.

Chuckling, he placed his arm on the armrest of the couch, cocking his head, asking, "Now, you need an invitation? Last time I checked you haven't needed an invitation while stepping in in Cortez's home and killing him, or the men in the hotel room. So, stop talking bullshit and tell me from the beginning what you have done."

"I borrowed money from your buddy, Mr. Cortez, I paid him his money back on time, but he had changed his mind. He didn't want the money anymore, he wanted me instead," I sighed, rubbing my temples, telling him everything as I was tired and wanted to retire.

"For what exactly?" he asked coldly.

"He wanted me to do organ transplants after he found out I was a cardiologist," I explained him. "And I guess you didn't accept it considering the shit you're in right now?" he asked, lighting up a cigarette.

"I would never kill a person," I said firmly. "Really?" he smirked with the cigarette in his mouth, "You just told me you told Cortez. Your actions don't fit in with your words, piccola."

"I said human, not monster," I gritted out, looking at him. "And what exactly made him a monster in your eyes?" he asked, smoking to the end before lighting up another one.

I frowned. Why did he ask me all these questions? If he could find me, he should be able to find the information about why some men chased me too, or?

"Why are you asking me all these questions? I'm sure you know the answer to them all. After all you know Bob Butts. You know where I was. And you certainly know too what I did. What are you playing with me?"

"I don't play with you, I want to help you out of this shit. And you're right, I have a file about your, but I thought it would be more informative to hear that chaos you made from you to make sure I don't overlook something that isn't stated in the file," he claimed seriously.

"You still haven't answered my question."

"His threats. He said my daughter was beautiful and he would take my daughter as payment if I didn't agree to work for him. He said he would find a good use for her," I said through clenched jaw.

The glint in his eyes was gone. They looked more deadly now, getting my a little cautious as my words obviously triggered him. He looked mad, furious.

"He wanted to use my daughter," he spat out, taking a deep breath in order to calm himself down, before looking at me, asking, "and how did you manage to kill him?"

"I-I injected him with something that paralyzed his whole body before I strangled him," I confessed him my first kill in a daze. But when I thought about killing him again, I wasn't a murderer, as it was self-defense in my eyes, I defended my child.

"You're not telling me the full story, I thought you learned from your past mistakes, but here you are repeating them again," he said, making him look at him deadly, gritting my teeth.

I hated how he still blamed others for his past mistakes, in other words, his wrongdoings to me. Like it was my fault for what he pulled me through.

"You want to know the whole story? Alright," I nodded my head with a smile, telling him everything from the beginning until the end,

"I said I accepted his offer. Then, I said I needed company, telling him I felt lonely, throwing myself at him! I let him touch me, kiss me, grind on me! Then, things heated up and we continued all this shit in his bedroom! He dropped me on his bed, and devoured my body with his wrinkly lips, looking like an asshole!" I licked my lips, and by the way he was looking at me, I could tell he didn't like what he was hearing at all. But that wasn't my problem, he asked for it, then he should also be able to handle it!

"And while he was busy touching me, completely distracted," I continued, tracing with my hands my body, before showing him my index digit, like shooting him, " I injected him before strangling him with his own belt. And afterwards, I let his man drive me home with Zia like nothing had happened! The End! Did you like it?"

Instantly, he grabbed my face, tightly, making me hiss, before leaning closer to my face.

"You really have the audacity to ask me if I like what I heard?" he asked with a cold expression. I smiled before nodding my head provocatively. "What the fuck shall I like about my wife acting like a desperate bitch, grinding on other men, huh?"

"I am not your fucking wife, and even if I am a desperate little bitch, you have no right to judge me, not that I give two shits about your opinion anyway! You know why? Because you are a no one to me!" I fumed.

"I'm your fucking husband! I am the one you vowed yourself to spend the rest of your life with, through good times and bad times, at the altar, and last time I checked we are still married! And I've had enough of your spoiled behavior! You're going to talk to me with respect or—"

"Or what? What are you going to do? Huh?" I challenged him.

"I'm going to make you respect me, and you sure don't want to know how, so—" Before he could start threatening, I cut him off. "Oh, I think I already know your way of making a person respect your sorry ass! I had the pleasure to experience it! Remember?"

His grip on my face tightened even more, but I didn't flinch. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me hurt either. "Watch your tongue, and I might remember you that you came back to my sorry ass."

"If that bastard's watchdogs or that bastard's family weren't right after me, I would never come back to you! I'd rather die than come back to you! But I was afraid they would hurt my daughter to avenge his death. And I'd rather be trapped by a swine like you and get my daughter to safety instead of risking her getting hurt!" I told him honestly.

"Smart choice. And once in a lifetime you made the right choice," he said blankly before finally letting go of my face.

I frowned at him before I realized what he meant. "I don't regret faking my death and running away from you. It was the best decision I ever made in my life. I don't even regret getting pregnant from you, because my daughter was the best thing that ever happened to me in life! I might not be very proud of the choices I made in life, but I'd make them again. I would choose the path, where I met an excuse like you, again because meeting you gave me Zia. And I don't regret killing that bastard either! He deserved it," I said as I rubbed my chin to ease the pain. He really has had a tight on my face.

"Zia, you named her Zia? he asked with a huff. "Yes, Zia," I said with a frown, not getting what his problem was.

"Why the hell did you name her Zia?" he asked me. His question surprised me. I didn't think he would make a fuss about how I named my daughter.

"I-I liked the way it sounded and it meant hope. And it was the name of my midwife, who was there for me the entire time after ..."

"After what?" he asked me curiously. "I lost my son, I was pregnant with twins," I told him, watching his reaction. "Zia's twin brother died as I gave birth."

"You're really calling me an excuse, sorry ass, swine," he gritted out, looking at me disappointedly, "but look at you, Calina. You couldn't bear my heir. And then you chose shitty name for my daughter. Not to mention you brought her in trouble!"

"What's wrong with her name?" I asked him confused, and I didn't want to talk more about my baby boy, my heart ached every time I remember him.

"Nothing, nothing is wrong with the name Zia," he said sarcastically. "Just that it means aunt in Italian! Do you think I want to call my daughter aunt all the time?"

"I didn't know it meant aunt in Italian. But why do you even care? We both know you don't really care about her! After all, she's a girl, not a boy! You'd only care if she would be a boy..." I said before frowning at him. "Why aren't you surprised?"

"Because, as I said earlier, I know everything about your life, I tracked you down, and let my men watch you. I knew where you were since you escaped me, I knew you were expecting twins."

"How?" I asked, saying I wasn't a little surprised would be a lie, I thought Adrian made sure we were well hidden from him.

"I have men everywhere. And I also have some men who are really good at searching, like your friend," he said, cocking his head. "And why? Why didn't you force us back?" I asked him.

"Your words that day on the cliff. They evoked something in me and made me realize you were right. I was obsessed with you. I didn't care if you wanted me or not. It was enough for me as long as I got what I wanted from you. Therefore, I decided to let you go, hoping that one day you would come back to me, voluntarily. And here you are," he claimed as he traced my jaw with his fingers.

"Hold on!" I chuckled, pushing his hand away, "I am here, because of my despair situation, not voluntarily. I came to you to ensure my daughter's safety, if it was only me, I'd rather suffer a painful death by the hands of your ally, than come back to you!"

He looked at me observantly, saying with a dark glint in his eyes, "You have really changed since the last time I saw you. You have become braver, and bolder. It will be fun to deal with you again, wifey."

"I'm sorry, but I won't last long as your personal whore, I mean entertainer, because I'm dying," I said, and his grin faded.

"I have cancer."

❤️❤️❤️vote and comment❤️❤️❤️

Why didn't he tell her that she also had a son? Bam, bam, baaaaam. Let the drama begin!

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

2.7M 72.8K 35
"Il Mio Amore, wait and see what I have planned for you." Adriano said with a smirk that made my stomach churn. All I could do was turn my head aw...
33.3K 2.7K 77
"Would you have killed that young boy!? Over a fucking purse!?"I shot back. It was a stupid temerity but I was willing to take the risk. "I would do...
3.2M 262K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
3.3M 191K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...