I'm in Love With a Ghost

By shelby3599

I'm Miranda, Mandy for short. My best friend is Claire, I have a little brother who is 8 his name is Tristan... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Author's Note
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (Part 1)
Chapter 27 (Part 2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
The Story is not over yet!
The Second Book!

Chapter 28

6.1K 262 29
By shelby3599

My eyes flutter open as light leaks in through my window. I check my clock and it's only a little after six, I barely slept for more than an hour. I look around for Lucius but I don't see him.

"Lucius?" I call out pulling the covers back and stepping out of the bed. I start to worry. Why would Lucius just up and leave? I walk out of my room and search the hallway. Still no Lucius. Oh my gosh, what if I lost my ghost seeing abilities? I think to myself, before ruling that out of the question. Of course I didn't just lose my ability to see ghosts. 

Maybe he's chatting with Tristan? Although it seems unlikely, I decide to walk in anyways. Surprisingly Lucius isn't in there, but Tristan is up. And reading? I see him holding a book and flipping the pges too quickly for him to actually be reading it.

"What's that?" I ask walking on the cold wooden floor over to his bed. 

"I found it in my closet." He says as I sit down on his bed. With closer inspection I see it's a very old leather journal. It's dark brown, almost black and has a thick layer of dust on it, with Tristan's tiny fingerprints etched in it from him grabbing it.  It smells old as well. 

"In your closet?" I ask quizically tilting my head at him for full affect.

"Yeah I accidentally broke one of the shelves. Then a piece of the wall came off and this was inside it. Please don't tell mom!" He says frantically. I giggle lightly. Of course he would beg me not to tell our mom.

"Let me see it." I say gently taking it from him, scared that the frayed and yellow pages would wither underneath my touch. Right as I touch I get transported in time. I look around and I'm not in Tristan's familiar blue room, but instead I'm in the woods. I look around and see someone laying on the ground a small dagger in their chest. I step back and gasp my hand flying to my face.

Then I see something move to my right and suddenly they are standing in front of the dead body.

"No no no." I hear the mysterious figuire mutter. What's going on? I wonder. Suddenly two more people are flocking the body laying on the ground.

"I don't know what happened. I just had a feeling and... and..." The first figuire starts to stutter.      

"It's okay." One of the figures console them. The first figuire then starts walking toward one of the others.

"You can fix this. Please fix this!" The first figuire cries, obviously a girl.

"There's nothing I can do." The third figuire says, and the voice sounds so familiar, also a girl.

"You can't bring him back?" They question. Bring someone back from the dead? Is that possible? 

"He has a dagger through his heart! Of course I can't bring him back!" The third figuire says loudly.

"But John..." The first figuire says.

"John was different." The third figure says.

"Well what can you do? You are a Messorem." The second figuire who has been mysteriously quiet chimes in, this one is a guy.

"All I can do now is cross him over so we know he is safe and in a better place." The third figuire says. Their voice is so familiar. Where have I heard it before?

"No, no. Maybe he can posses someone and live in them?" The first figuire asks. I slighlty see the third figuire shake her head before saying, "That would only work for a short period of time, it would be much better if he crossed over, and it would be easier for both me and him, if we did this now."

Finally I see the ghost appear. He is almost glowing in the dark, and seems confused.

"I have to do this now, if it's going to happen at all." The third figuire says. The ghost doesn't say anything, just watches the scene before him. 

"Okay." The first firguire says her voice cracking on a sob.

"Tell her I love her." He says finally.

"He says he loves you." The third figure says.

"Where is he?" The first figuire asks turning around and facing the ghost directly.

"Right in front of you." The third figuire says.

"I will never stop loving you. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. I'll never forget you..." She stops speaking when she starts choking on her sobs. The ghost starts to repond, and the second figuire who must also be able to see ghost starts to repeat what the ghost is saying to the first figure. But I can't hear them that well and the third figuire has started to walk away. I follow her making sure to be as quiet as I can. I don't know if they'll be able to hear me or not, so I figuire it's best just to try and stay incognito. 

A light starts to grow from her palms and then spread along the trees, exactly like the light that had been along Claire's kitchen. But she didn't even say the prayer like I had too. Soon it become blindingly light and I shut my eyes. I can also feel the warmth of it. I hear the ghost say a goodbye and I open my eyes. I watch as he walks towards the light and turns back towards the first figuire who I can see pretty clearly now. She has bright blonde hair, and her light jacket is torn. I also notice she is wearing leg warmers. The kind that were popular in the eighties. 

 Am I in the eighties? I wonder looking at what the boy is wearing, and it also resembles something you would see from the eighties. Finally I look toward the last figuire, the third figuire. She is wearing a more subtle outfit jeans and a jacket as well. It's not her outfit that catches me off gaurd though. Finally with the light that she produced I can see who it is. And I almost fall backwards from pure shock. But before I can the light dissenegrates and instead a black, redish glow takes it place. My face starts buring hotter than before. My hand raises to cover my face. Fowl, horrible, agonizing screams eminate from where the light had just been.

I watch in horror as the redish glow shrinks and forms a circle before swallowing the ghost that had just been standing there. I screech as loud as an explosion rings in my ear for a split second before silence.

What did my mom just do? 

Suddenly the blonde girl is screaming at the third figuire, my mom. My mom, the third figure is my mom. And from the looks of it she just sent a ghost to hell. Why would she do that?

Then the shock sinks in and I stumble backwards, "Oh my god." I mutter. All the figures stop screaming and look right at me. That can't be good, I think to myself and quickly get up and start running in the opposite direction as them.

Suddenly I'm landing on the floor of Tristans room.

"Did you see that?" I ask Tristan, having a very strong feeling he didn't.

"See you just fall on the floor for no reason? Yeah." He laughs at me and I quickly stand up. I flip through the book, it's a lot of journal entry's along with what look like prayers or even spells. The handwriting is most defianatly our moms.

"Tristan do you know where Lucius is?" I ask frantically.

"I saw him leave after I found the book. He was walking in the backyard." He says.

"We need to go find him. Do you think you could lead me in the direction he went?" I ask shutting the book and pulling Tristan out of his room and down the stairs towards our front door. 

"Yeah I think so." He says as I put my old ratty combat books over top of my sweatpants. Tristan follows my lead and throws his sneakers on.

I open the door and he heads out I hand him the journal and he walks around the house to the backyard. He starts walking towards the trail in the wood, but not the one leading to the lake. Another one that I don't walk. Although I seem skeptical of where he is taking me I don't question it. We walk a couple more minutes in silent before I hear voices. I pick up my pace, knowing one of them is Lucius.

Tristan and I break into a full out sprint and we come to the top of a hill where the trees seperate and continue is a semi circle around a small cemetery.

"So I'm giving you the choice, you can leave now or you can be sent back to hell." I hear Lucius yell at Collin.

"You can't send me to hell." Collin says with a laugh walking away from Lucius. Actually maybe I can. I think to myself before trying to channel the energy I had when Claire had died. I don't need to say any prayer, I just think about it and concentrate on it, like I would if I was trying to block my thoughts from Lucius. Right when the light starts to eminate from my palms I send it across the cemetery in front of 
Collin. And just like my mom had in the vision I think about it turning to hell and the ground starts to shae. Forming a crack in the ground in front of collin. And just like that there is a portal straight to hell in the cemetery. The wind starts to whip and the sky had become a few shades darker over the cemetery. Screeches of devils and monsters eminate from the hole and it takes all of me to keep it open.

Collin backs up towards Lucius, but I focus on the portal to hell and as easy as I had opened it. I close it and the cemetery goes silent. I glance at Tristan and his eyes are a little wider than usual, but he doesn't look scared, just curious. 

"That's what will happen to you." I call down to Collin.

"Now you can stay and be torutured for the rest of eternity, or you can escape." I say in a powerful voice that sounds more confident than I feel. Collin looks between Luicius and I before walking towards the woods. Before he enters them he turns back around to face me.

"Goodluck fighting Semiazas, it's about time someone takes him." He says, almost sounding as genuine as the first night I had met him. Tristan, Luscius and I all watch as he disappears into the trees.

----//----

AN: So this is Mandy's view of what happened while Lucius had that little chat with Collin. 

I JUST THOUGHT UP SOME OF THIS NOW AND WILL PROBABLY REGRET WHAT I HAVE DONE BUT IDK I GUESS INTRODUCING BACKGROUND CHARACTERS AS SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT NEAR THE END OF A BOOK IS WHAT I DO?

okay I don't really want to babble on for forever and I don't really know what to say so vote if you enjoyed this chapter? And get excited cuz the book is almost finished. sorry this chapter is on the shorter end as well. REMEMBER THESE ARE EXTREMELEY ROUGH COPIES.

Honsetly I got this chapter out a lot faster than I thought I would. SO SAVOR THE SPEEDY UPDATE CUZ IDK IF ITLL HAPPEN AGAIN. & I"M UPDATING AT 11:30 AT NIGHT ON A SATURDAY BECAUSE I HAVE NO LIFE. 

Follow my instagram and twitter if you want... insta: @shelbydepp twitter: @shelby3599

okay that's enough plugging for one day.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING I LOVE YOU ALL.

PEACE OUT DUCKLINGS *insert peace sign here*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 899 35
My name is Gracie Lewis. My best friend died when we were nine. I see his ghost. He's still the same Ethan, annoying as ever. Though he can walk thro...
345 63 36
I am 5'1 in height with a heart even smaller. They say family is everything and I confirm this. My family has been my world (minus my dad) until an a...
ghosts By cosmo

Fanfiction

22.8K 439 30
"Who are you and how did you get in my house?" By this point, I looked more human than ghostly. "I'm a ghost." I spoke. "Oh really? Then, if you're a...
670 30 8
••• (Your P.O.V.) ••• Three years ago, I lost my sight in a car accident. Both of my parents were killed in the process, leaving me parentless. I was...