We're Having Our Baby

By harrysxfinelines

It's none of their business.... Harry and Emma have been together for 3.5 years when they find out she's preg... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Charlie Robin Styles
New Story!

Twenty One

4K 67 21
By harrysxfinelines

Harry's P.O.V. December 1st

Charlie Robin Styles is born at 4:56 am on December 1st.

"It's a girl!" the doctor exclaims and gently places my beautiful, crying, baby on Em's chest.

"You did it, baby. She's here," I kiss Em again and gaze at our child for a minute longer before I'm taken out of my trance and asked if I want to cut the cord.

"Yes," I answer and wipe away a few tears. I take the scissors and cut right between the clamps on the umbilical cord.

Once that's done, they deliver Em's placenta and take Charlie to be wiped down, weighed, measured, and examined. Soon enough though, she's brought back to us where she now rests on Em's bare chest.

I can't help but feel left out that I haven't gotten to hold her yet, but my shirt is unbuttoned and ready for skin-to-skin contact.

"She's gorgeous," Em looks down at the baby we've created, and she worked so hard to deliver into the world.

"Here, you hold her," she looks to me and begins to lift Charlie until I take her and bring her as close to me as possible. Her nappy is comically big on her, and there's a blanket we're using to cover the back of her naked body so that she doesn't get cold.

I hold my tiny baby girl against my chest, taking in all her details, and sing softly to her for the first time since she's been born.

"Isn't she lovely?
Isn't she wonderful?
Isn't she precious?
Less than one minute old.
I never thought, through love we'd be,
Making one as lovely as she.
But isn't she lovely, made from love."

After another few minutes alone with our daughter, a nurse comes back to help Em breastfeed. It takes Charlie a few tries, but eventually she latches on and sucks like she's never ate before—which technically she hasn't.

Em tells me to stop staring while she feeds our baby, but I can't help but be in awe of my daughter and wife. I take this time though to text Mum, Gemma, and my dad. My mum and Gemma both need the sleep, so I don't call and wake them. Plus, I'm selfish and want more alone time with my girls before I have to share Charlie with the world, even if it's just my family.

I do call Jillian though. We actually FaceTime after Em successfully feeds Charlie for the first time. It's 10pm in California now so I text Jared as well, the same photo and information I sent my side of the family. Jared responds quickly, telling us how overjoyed he is that Charlie is healthy and although early, finally with us. He also makes sure to let us know that it'll be the first thing he tells Mason and Jamie in the morning. I really can't wait until the boys get to meet their cousin.

***

It's 8:30 in the morning and I'm holding little Charlie while Em finally gets some sleep. She was reluctant because she wanted more time with Charlie, but I could see how heavy her eyes were when she simply blinked.

Speaking of eyes, Charlie's are a dark gray right now, but I'm hoping they change into her mum's deep brown color. She has a lot more hair than I expected, and it's a light, golden brown, kind of like mine when I was a young child.

Charlie really is little, weighing at barely 2.7 kg, or 6 lbs, and 46 cm. The doctor says she's in the right height and weight zone giving how early she was, and everything else about her is healthy too. I didn't tell Em, but before she was in active labor, I started reading about the risks of having a baby premature, and since Em was 36 weeks, the baby is basically just at a higher risk for respiratory distress syndrome. Thankfully, we didn't have that problem, and Charlie can breathe just fine on her own.

My mum and Gemma were originally going to come at 9, but also without consulting Em, I told my family that I would just text them when Em is awake. I know that Em wants them to meet Charlie, but she also needs sleep, and they can wait a few more hours.

A new nurse is here because there was a shift change and the one from overnight had to go home. I quite liked Ryan, but now we have Heather who is younger and always acts a little hesitantly around me. I think she recognizes me, but I'm glad she doesn't say anything. In any other situation I would gladly talk with a fan, but at this moment I just want to be with my family.

"Is it time for her to be fed again?" I ask Heather when she comes back.

"Yes, would you like to feed her?" she asks, seeing that Em is still asleep.

"Yeah, I would."

"Okay, I'll be right back with a bottle and some formula. Then I'll show you how to make the bottle," Heather leaves again, but as soon as she does, Charlie starts fussing. It's almost as if she knows she's going to be fed soon, but she's upset that she's not eating right away.

"Shh, it's okay, darling. The nurse will be right back with your bottle, and then we'll get some milk in your tummy," I rock her gently and try to calm her, hoping her cries don't wake Em.

Miraculously, Charlie calms and is only whimpering a little by the time Heather is back with the bottle.

"Have you fed a baby before?" She asks, setting the bottle, formula, and water on a table near me.

"Yes, I have."

"Great, so you know to hold her head upright and everything. Since you're holding Charlie, I'll make the bottle this time. We're going to start with just two ounces of water and one scoop of formula. If she finishes it, we can always make more, but since she's only a few hours old I doubt she'll take even this much," Heather pours the filtered water and formula, and tells me that while clean tap water is fine, filtered water that you can buy at the grocery store is always safe too.

"Now I'm just going to shake the bottle until the powder is mixed in. That should be good, here you go," I take the bottle and prop Charlie up a bit more so that she doesn't choke when I feed her.

This time, Charlie doesn't struggle to latch onto the bottle, but apparently that's because it's easier than finding the nipple. Her chubby cheeks are adorable when they huff and puff, drinking as much of the formula as her tiny belly can handle.

"I'm going to leave the formula and water here in case she needs more, but like I said she might not even finish this bottle and that's fine. Press the button if you need anything," I thank Heather and she leaves once again so that it's just Charlie and I sitting next to Em who sleeps peacefully.

After drinking about one ounce, Charlie slows her sucking, so much so that she begins to fall asleep as well. I take the bottle from her mouth and set it on the table so I can burp her. Luckily, she doesn't spit up because I don't have a burp rag near me and I'd rather her not make a mess on my shirt.

As she drifts off to sleep, I take this time to properly introduce her to her parents. It would probably sound ridiculous to anyone else, but I've always liked talking to her even though I know she doesn't understand yet.

"This is your mummy," I tilt Charlie towards Em, "she loves you very much, even though you put her through a lot of pain to get here. You were a little stinker; it took you a very long time to come out. You also came early though. Why did you do that? You were supposed to cook longer, silly." Charlie doesn't respond.

"I'm Daddy. I also love you so, so very much. I promise I will always protect and look after you, little one. Would you like me to sing you a song? I'm a singer, that's my job. Hmm, what should I sing?" For some reason, the only song that comes to mind is Your Song by Elton John.

"It's a little bit funny,
This feeling inside.
I'm not one of those who can easily hide.
I don't have much money, but boy if I did,
I'd buy a big house where we both could live.

And you can tell everybody,
This is your song.
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done.
I hope you don't mind,
That I put down in words.
How wonderful life is while you're in the world."

"You're going to be the best dad," Em smiles from where she just woke up.

"Good morning. Sorry if I woke you. She's just too cute not to sing to," I explain and look back down to my daughter who is fast asleep.

"It's okay," Em says, "What time is it?"

I look to the clock on the wall that Em clearly hasn't spotted yet, "It's almost 9:30. I fed Charlie while you were asleep. She drank about one ounce which the nurse said was okay."

"When are your mom and Gemma coming? And did you text your dad?"

"I told them I would let them know when you woke up to come visit. I talked to my dad too. He said can come today or visit us when we're back home," I tell Em, laying Charlie down in the cot so I can sit with Em easier.

"How are you feeling?" I put half of my weight on the right side of the bed where Em made room for me.

"Sore," she says honestly, "but more rested than before. Have you slept at all?" she probably notices the bags that I feel under my eyes.

"Not yet," I admit, and she frowns.

"Harry, you may not have been the one in labor for 14 hours, but you must be exhausted. You need to take a nap and we'll invite people over later."

"You're right," I sigh, "I'll take a quick shower and then try to sleep. Charlie shouldn't need to eat for another hour and a half maybe. She might need a nappy change soon though."

"Diaper," I hear Em mumble.

"It's called a nappy here, my love," I kiss her forehead and get up to gather my things for a shower. Sometimes I wonder how I ended up with someone so American, but I love her.

I wonder what accent Charlie will have. Either way there are definitely going to be some words that are nonnegotiable, like football, and I'd love for Charlie to call Em mum.

***

Emma's P.O.V.

Harry is asleep on the chair with his legs resting across on the second chair in the room, creating a makeshift bed. He looks terribly uncomfortable, but at least he's able to sleep. I've fed Charlie once more and texted Anne to come by after lunch. Gemma packed a funny onesie for Charlie to wear, and it surprisingly fits perfectly despite how small she is. I go to change her, but she's too adorable not to take a picture. I'm not sure what Harry has told our family so far, but I make a quick group chat with my mom, Jared, Annie, Harry's parents, Gemma, his stepbrother Mike, and stepsister Amy, to send the picture.

Emma: Charlie definitely sleeps like her dad.

Anne: Adorable! Can't wait to kiss those cheeks!

Mike: Congrats! She's a cutie.

Gemma: OHMYGOD
I'VE NEVER SEEN SUCH A PERFECT BABY

Emma: She is pretty perfect :)

"You have visitors!" Heather knocks on the door after lunch and enters the room followed by Anne and Gemma.

"Where's my grandbaby!" Anne looks around and finds Charlie asleep in the crib next to my bed. "Oh, she's precious," Anne tears up a bit.

"You can pick her up," I smile, "She may squirm, but she'll be alright."

Anne cradles Charlie and Gemma fonds over her shoulder. They stand near me, but I tell Gemma that she can wake Harry so Anne can sit down.

"I love her so much already. She's going to be bloody spoiled though," Gemma says before nudging her brother.

"Oh, hi," Harry stretches and sits up in his chair with a yawn.

"I can't believe my baby is a father. You're so grown up," Anne carries Charlie and walks over to take the seat across from Harry.

"Mum," Harry groans and Gemma asks to hold Charlie next.

"Does she have a middle name?" Gemma asks.

"Yeah, it's uh, Charlie Robin," Harry tells everyone.

"Oh, you guys," Harry stands up to hug his mom as she starts tearing up again.

"You put her in the onesie I packed!" Gemma notices the onesie that's mostly hidden under Charlie's swaddle. She opens it a bit more to show Anne and Harry.

Harry rolls his eyes, "Let's hope not."

"Oh, we all know you're going to spoil her like crazy. I'm surprised I haven't seen any baby Gucci yet," Gemma rolls her eyes.

"Please don't give him any ideas," I plead, and it causes Anne and Gemma to laugh, but Harry doesn't find it as funny. Instead, he pouts like a child—very similar to Charlie at the moment since she seems to have a dirty diaper.

"Harry, take her from me," Gemma holds Charlie away from her, practically (but gently) throwing her at him.

"You're a little smelly, Charlie. We have guests, where are your manners?" Harry baby talks Charlie and takes her over to the changing table to get her a clean diaper.

"Emma, has your mum been able to find a flight sooner than the 15th?" Anne asks me.

"Not that I know of," I say sadly.

"Actually, I booked her a ticket for the 4th," Harry says, and I see him look at me with the most loving eyes. He's been so drained of energy, yet he still made the time to find a ticket for my mom so she can meet our daughter sooner.

"Thank you," I say, and he gives Charlie back to Anne before washing his hands again.

Harry seems to pick up on my emotional state, and he squeezes his body onto the bed with me.

Kissing my temple, he whispers, "of course, dear," and I nuzzle my head into his shoulder. If Anne and Gemma weren't here and the bed wasn't so small, I would have fallen asleep right then and there.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to about going home is waking up in the middle of the night for feedings and diaper changes. Although, I know for certain that it will be worth it. Plus, Harry and I will share the load.

Gemma and Anne stay for another hour, and sometime during their visit Harry and I take a walk around the maternity unit by ourselves. I guess walking is supposed to help the healing process, but it's tiring even when I use Harry's arm as guidance.

Almost as soon as our company leaves, a third nurse comes in to help me learn how to pump. It's a lot more awkward than learning how to breast feed. Harry is also a lot more annoying this time around.

"It looks like your boobs are growing elephant trunks," he laughs, earning him a glare from my direction.

"Go play with your daughter or something," I tell him.

"I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to help? I feel a bad that I'm just sitting here."

"You can fill out the birth certificate," Linda, our current nurse, tells Harry, and he does exactly as told.

We were told that because Charlie is technically premature, that they'd like to keep us at the hospital for another night. I tried to convince Harry to go home, change, and sleep, and that Charlie and I will be fine if he's gone, but he doesn't let up.

Instead, we spend the rest of the day feeding, changing, and adoring our daughter. I just can't wait to take her home so we can all be more comfortable.

*

*

*

A/N: she's here🥺ya'll, I love babies so much😭I'm not sure when the next chapter will be up, but I didn't want to leave you all hanging for too long with the last one lol.

Vote/Comment/Share

<3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 8.3K 54
(Completed.) Seeing Harry on stage is always an overwhelming experience. He becomes a new person, like he lives just to be in front of thousands peo...
52.3K 550 25
Short one shots featuring Harry Styles and Y/N. Please vote and feel free to make requests. Some stories will detail which Harry era features, otherw...
242K 5.2K 69
in which they're both singers, he's a fan, she is too, and they fall in love. then they have a baby. ~ social media story harry x woc softrry ig?
1.7M 69.5K 42
[completed] Two five year olds, two single parents - one plan. ©2014 TypicalFangirlx all rights reserved.