talk to me

By somebody246

"Talk to me" |complete| Start : Feb 1st 2021 Finish : Sept 5th 2021 slow burn ish More

an
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chaper Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Epilogue
Final AN
heya

Chapter Twenty-Three

5.1K 262 29
By somebody246

Click the star!
*Sorry for any mistakes*
Don't be afraid to comment!

Friday.

11:30 am

"Maia are you serious?" Mikah shook her leg.

"Yes, now get off of me b" she was annoyed.

"Because i ain bring you food ?" He was really struggling not to laugh.

"Nigga yes, it don matter what i be doin or where i am, i does always message you an ask" she pouted, now she was going to have to make breakfast and cook, that was what she wanted to avoid doing, plus it was Friday, not even Darline cooks on Fridays.

"Im sorry baby" he was genuinely starting to feel bad. 

"Nah it's all good" she shook her head.

He climbed into the bed hovering over her and dipped down kissing her cheek. "Im sorry foreal, now i feel bad, you wanna go out and eat ?" He asked before dipping down and kissing her neck.

"Mmm, nah youn have to, ima get some nuggets or somethin" she held him when he fully laid on her.

"Okay, ima make you something, what you got out in the kitchen?" Mikah asked with his face in her neck.

She shrugged "I just told you ima get nuggets" rubbing his neck.

"And i told you ima make you something." He said getting comfortable ontop of the girl.

"You soun like you bout to sleep" she laughed.

"Nah, just tell me what you want."

"A grilled cheese" she hadn't had one in a while.

"Ima make you a grilled cheese then" he help himself up going to kiss her.

"Okay thank you" she smiled and looked at him.

he look extra fine today...

"You look good" she told him.

"Yeah ?" He smirked.

She nodded "mmhm, real good"

"Thank you" he kissed her lips and pulled away but Mai wanted more.

She pulled his face down to hers attaching her lips one more time.

She was taking control, Mikah did not mind, he liked when she took control.

He gripped her side making her smile, she was ticklish, he slipped his tongue in her mouth.

Mai didn't mind, she loved to kiss Mikah, he was very good at kissing.

He pulled away and licked his lips looking at the girl.

"What ?"

He shook his head "nothin" he was holding back, he didn't want to, but he knew he had to.

"Cmon you want yo grilled cheese right ?" He got up off of the girl.

She licked over her bracket-less teeth and nodded, she still wasn't used to it. "Yes please"

He turned around knowing she wanted a piggy back ride.

She place her head on his shoulder. "Cmon, to the kitchen hoe."

Mikah shook his head.

**

Mai sat at the dining table looking at Mikah move around the kitchen, although he was only making a grilled cheese, in her eyes he looked good. Hell he looked good doing anything to her.

She loved to see him paint, that was her favorite thing to watch him do.

"Mikah." She called out.

"Yo."

"You been painting lately?"

he nodded putting the pan on the stove.

"What is it ?" She started to get excited, she loved his work, she never made a big deal out of it, but when he was away she would stalk his page atleast once a week.

"Exclusive for the gallery." He told her.

"That mean i cant see it ?"

"What you think girl?" He put the sandwich into the pan.

"You let me see pieces for the gallery before though..."

"Yeah, them ain exclusive love...this one is."

She rolled her eyes and huffed making him laugh.

"It ain funny Mikah.."

He nodded "It is Maia, you out here all stressed, you'll see it when it's done"

"When the exhibition is ?"

"Uhh, the full thing ? I think in like May or June.."

Her mouth dropped "boy whatt ?!?! That's so far from now" she whined.

"I know" he laughed again.

Mai rolled her eyes and got up going to get a water bottle from the fridge.

He was partially telling the truth. He was working on a set for the gallery, but christmas was coming up and he was working on something for Mai, he just did not want to show her.

He wasn't moved into the apartment yet, so it was hard to hide things from everyone. He had everyone's Christmas present ready besides Maia and Leanna, he didn't know what to get for her, he swore her family and Jamal already her everything.

"Here" he placed the plate on the table infront of the girl.

She smiled at him "thank you"

"Yo welcome baby."

That made Maia blush. Before a relationship she never liked the thought of pet names, but when Mikah called her one, her whole body was sent into a frenzy.

**

Pov: Gina Payton
Location: Hospital

(Her name is Payton hence the divorce, just a reminder)

(let me make the point that Mikah does have Henry's last name. I decided not to write about it but, he changed it when he was around..let's say 13. Okay carry on shawtys)

"Hi love " Gina smiled as she walked into the room, she was visiting her favorite patient, Alicia Kirk, she was about 20 years younger that Gina, the poor girl suffered from Sickle Cell Anemia.

"Hi Mama G"

Gina smiled "how you been lately?" Gina checked her chart.

Alicia shrugged "if im here must not be too good huh ?"

Gina looked up from the folder " baby you mainly here because you been goin too hard and you not drinking yo water, we talked about this."

The younger girl sighed "i been tryin, just that sometimes its hard to remember to drink the water, and i been busy at work, i been taking my medicine though."

"I know baby, how about we try some alarms or reminders for water ? And i know it's going to be hard but i need to to take it easy okay ?"

Alicia nodded "yeah okay."

"How's the new medicine?" The set she had before her current one used to send her into serious depressive states, so about a month ago they started a new one.

"Better, but not way better you know ?" The looked exhausted.

"Okay love" Gina nodded taking her notes on the chart.

She put the folder down on the table and pulled a chair up next to the bed. She did this with all of her patients, even if they had families with them, she knew that being in a place like the hospital was not too comforting no matter how hard persons would try to make it comfortable. So, she sat and chatted with all of them, she let them let off the anger, confusion, sadness, anything, she just let them talk.

Gina sat in the chair and smiled at the twenty five year old in the bed "talk to me babygirl."

***
Pov: Third Person
Location: Leanna's House

"Jamal stop" Leanna looked over at her boyfriend.

"Why" he continued to poke her.

"Boy, i will hurt you where the sun don shine."

"Then i won be able to give you my two boys and babygirl." He smiled

"No ring no kids bubba" she turned back to her phone.

"You want a ring mama ?"

"Yeah" she laughed

"You deadass ?" He was serious, he had plans to marry the next to him.

"You deadass ?"

"You think im jokin when i say i wanna marry you girl ?"

Leanna shook her head "no"

Jamal nodded his head "good"

Leanna blushed, she swore that boy was going to be the death of her.

***
Pov: Lillian Greaves
Location: Church

"Granny can you pass me that bottle of water please ?" Lillian called out to Darline, the two were currently at the church giving out meals.

"Here love" Darline gave the water bottle to Lillian .

"Here you are" she smiled at the mother with two children at her side.

The woman smiled at Lillian and took the two girl's hands.

"Lilly sweety look here" she heard Darline called out making her turn around.

When she turned she was faced with a very attractive man, his locs were pulled into a ponytail and she swore the diamond studs in his ears were shining.

She looked at her grandmother and narrowed her eyes, every since she heard that her and the boy from back home were done Darline kept talking about a boy that she swore would be perfect for her.

He reached his hand out "I'm Amaree, nice to meet you love"

She smiled and shook his hand "Lillian, likewise"

"So I've heard." He smiled

"You heard ? She don stop talk nuh ?"

Amaree laughed " she always talking bout her grand babies."

Lillian laughed and nodded her head "she is ain she."

"How bout me and Donna take over, and yall take a break hm ? Maree you been up and down wit dem boxes, take a break love" Darline got up from her seat and pulled her friend up too.

"You sure granny ?" Lillian asked.

"Yes baby, go ahead" Darline waved the two off going to take Lillian's place.

Lillian shrugged and looked at Amaree. "You got a lil bit of time ?"

He nodded "yeah, you wanna go and get some water and a sandwich or something?"

"Sure" she smiled following him up the stairs.

He knocked on a door and opened it. He went in and grabbed two sandwiches and two water bottles and lead her into the church and sat in one of the back pews. He patted the spot beside him. "Cmon man"

she laughed and sat next to him. "So" Lillian started "what do you do ?"

He smiled a bit "oh im in school for my bachelors in computer science, right now im just workin in the barber shop for extra change, what about you ?"

"I finished my associates in English Literature now im working on my bachelors in communication sciences with a major in psychology, and im on vacation right now with my family here, they don know but im thinking about moving here and carrying on because when i finish school back home they're not many opportunities you know ?"

He nodded "i get where you coming from, what you wanna do ?"

"Oh ! I wanna be a speech pathologist" she smiled.

"I ain ever meet somebody that told me they wanna do that, it's always a lawyer, a nurse, a doctor or one of the popular ones"

Lillian looked at him with wide eyes "you know what that is ?"

He laughed "yeah my aunt is one, he- i had to got to one as a kid."

"I have never met anyone who knew what it was, i always gotta be explaining to them what it is."

"Yeah, i find that it might not be so very common but it still is common you know ?"

"Yeah yeah, i get what you're saying, what you wanna do ?"

" oh i wanna be a data security analysist"

"That soun like math, me an math don get along" she shook her head.

He laughed "Darline told me yall was from Barbados?"

Lillian smiled and nodded "yes please, born and raised"

"You like it ? Like in general"

"It's a love-hate relationship, i will always love that place and take pride in my country because that's my home, but sometimes it can get so toxic, very close minded, a lot of hate, it's a traditional place, and my newer generations trying to change that, and it's hard, but as i said i love it, its my home." she explained.

He nodded "yeah, I see what you're saying. My mum is from St.Lucia, she came here when she was twenty"

"Ohh, i never been yuh know, always wanted to but just never been."

"Then we gotta get you there then." He smiled.

"We do ?" She titled her head.

He nodded "yep."

She shrugged and smiled. "Okay then."

He laughed and looked at her "when you goin back ?"

"January, but hopefully going to be here permanently around spring break."

"Bet, you got an instagram?"

She smiled and nodded "i do"

He tilted his head "then can i have it ?"

She held out her hand for his phone "gimme de phone boy"

He laughed and handed it to her.

***

6:30 pm

Gina walked into her home after a very long twelve hour shift. She smiled remembering she was having a date tonight.

She walked towards the kitchen thinking it was one of the boys but was met with the sight of Henry cooking. He didn't have a key, and she knew he could not get a lock picked to save his life.

She took a deep breath "hi."

He turned around "hey, Jamal let me in before he went to pick up Darline and Lillian from the church." He explained and she nodded.

"What you doin ?"

"Im makin dinner, I decided that i don wanna take you out somewhere especially after a twelve hour shift, so, here we are, go upstairs freshen up, put on something nice and comfortable and we gon eat and watch movies, if you wanna.."

She smiled and nodded "sir yes sir."

**

30 minutes later the two were sitting at the dining table chatting about their day, the thought of sleep was long gone out of Gina's head, she was too focused on the man infront of her.

She was thankful that the lord brought him back into her life, she prayed that he would get better everyday, she prayed that he would find his way again, even if it wasnt to her and their family, but just for him to get better, and she was thankful that he was there with her, with the boys, with Maia and with Darline. She was glad that she had her bestfriend back, even if they weren't together, she was gald, she was thankful.
**************************************
Buenos días 😃

2266 words...i feel like I haven't written this much in a while.
ANTYWAYZ.

somebody said 6k ??? Kithes to the shawtysssss!!!!!

I said ima make a big deal for every thousand, and i meant ittt !!

Sigh, we carry on, i hope yall are doing well and staying safe, doing you boo.

I didn't know what i was writing here, i started with Mai and her boyfrendddd, then decided, lemme do a lil bit of everything, so here we have it. I hope you enjoyed it !

Thats it for now shawtys.
Stay safe ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

545K 32.1K 51
" Everything we do, B-I-G. And I'ma keep it real 'til I D-I-E." Started; October 20th 2023 Published; October 22nd 2023 Finished; February 29th 2024
699K 29.4K 50
𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐭? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨...
151K 6.9K 30
Read it. You might like it. Published: Jan.5,2022 Completed: Jan 31,2024 Started when I was 17.. 1k reads 06/04/22 2k reads 06/13/22 5k reads 09/27/2...
3.5K 223 19
"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝚟𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚗" ★ ★★★ ★ ★★★...