We're Having Our Baby

Af harrysxfinelines

It's none of their business.... Harry and Emma have been together for 3.5 years when they find out she's preg... Mere

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Charlie Robin Styles
New Story!

Twenty

3.3K 63 10
Af harrysxfinelines

Emma's P.O.V. November 30th

I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy, and as much as I've loved every second of it, I am very much looking forward to getting Charlie out of me.

I feel bad for Harry because I've been extremely irritable lately. Our sex life was getting better, but since Thanksgiving we haven't really had any sexual contact. I've just felt so huge, not to mention the back pain, swollen feet, and poking from Charlie's hands and feet.

Since we were clearly in London for Thanksgiving, Harry and I decided to make our own little, two-person, one baby, Thanksgiving dinner. We did get to FaceTime my family, which I was grateful for. It was late our time, but around the afternoon for Jared and the kids, as well as my mom. My mom invited them over for Thanksgiving since they don't really have any other family, and it made my heart swell. Mason and Jamie showed me the pumpkin pie they helped my mom make, and my mom gushed over the adorable sweaters Jared forced the boys to wear.

Talking to the four of them made me wish even harder for December 24th to come. I missed my family a lot and I couldn't wait to see them as well as Annie.

Right now, Harry is off at a meeting with a casting director and Jeff. Earlier this month he was offered to play the role of Prince Eric in a Little Mermaid remake. As much as I would love him to play a prince, especially my favorite prince, this meeting is to negotiate the filming schedule.

I knew that he would, but I am glad that Harry is adamant on being here when Charlie is still so young. Eventually, he'll get back in the studio, tour, or film a movie and we'll have to figure out living arrangements, but for now we're both going to stay at home in London with Charlie for a while.

While Harry is gone, I invite Gemma over to help sort through Charlie's clothes, and just to keep me company. She threw me a baby shower last week, which unfortunately my mom and Annie couldn't attend, but I still haven't gotten around to sorting any of the clothes we bought or were gifted. So, Gemma and I are currently sitting on the floor in the nursery making piles of infant, 0-3 months, 4-6, and so on.

"When do I get to meet your little nephews, again?" Gemma asks after I've spent the last half hour talking about how much the boys have grown since I last saw them.

"December 20th," I smile at the thought. We planned it so that everyone would be here in case Charlie decides to come early. "My mom and Annie will be here the 15th but Jared and the boys' flight is later since they don't get out of school until that week."

"You must be so excited. I can't imagine what it's like to be away from all your family for so long, and at such an important time. It's hard enough with you and Harry being in the states all of the time."

"Yeah, I've managed so far. But if I'm being honest, I've started a countdown on my phone. Don't tell Harry, he'll probably make fun of me for it."

"That's cute though," Gemma smiles, "What do you think about the movie deal?"

"I really wish it came at a better time," I say, and she nods. "It's an awesome role, and I know he'd love to have it, but they're filming in Georgia. The only way he'd be able to accept the part is if they pushed off shooting, and by a long time, but that's just not reasonable."

"What is the part? I can keep a secret," Gemma asks.

"Don't tell him I told you," I warn, "But it's for The Little Mermaid remake. He's been offered Prince Eric."

"Oh my god, no!" Gemma gasps, "That's so unfortunate."

"I know. I'm just as disappointed as he is. I would love more than anything to see him dressed up and acting like Prince Eric."

"Hey, maybe that can be your costume for next Halloween! Prince Eric, Ariel, and Little Flounder!" Gemma says and I laugh a little too much.

"Oh, god," I set down the onesie I was holding and cover my blushed face, "I just peed a little. The things pregnancy does to your body," I stand up from the floor to use the bathroom.

When I get to the toilet, I notice that the stream of liquid hasn't stopped, and as I sit on the toilet, a gush of fluid empties from me.

Shit.

Shit, shit, shit.

"Gemma!"

My water can't be breaking right now. It's too early! Harry isn't even here. Oh god, Harry's not here!

"Gemma! I'm in the bathroom!" I yell, hoping she picks up on the urgency.

"Are you okay?" she bursts through the door and I didn't realize I was crying until I saw the look on her face.

"My water just broke," I croak out. "Can-can you hand me some pads?" She moves quickly and gets me a new pair of underwear and a handful of pads.

"What do we do? You need to get to the hospital!" Gemma says as I pull up my pants.

"I-I know," I cry harder, "Call Harry, we need to go."

"Okay, let's go. I'll ask Mum to pack a bag for you later," Gemma talks and moves fast as I get my first contraction.

We get in her car, but this is the third time we've called, and Harry still hasn't picked up.

Finally, he picks up on the second ring and a "hello?" is heard through the car's Bluetooth.

"Emma's going into labor, we're ten minutes from the hospital," Gemma tells him.

"What?"

"WE'RE HAVING OUR BABY, HARRY!" I yell, "SO YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ASS TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

"Shit, baby. I'll- I'm leaving right now. Are you okay?"

"Am I okay!?! I'm not due for almost four more weeks, my water broke in the bathroom, you're not with me, I'm not fucking okay!" I sob until I hear Harry shush me from the car's speakers.

"Shh, slow down baby. Remember the breathing they taught us in that class?" I hear Harry's own shaky breath, making it harder to control mine. "We're both going to get there as fast as we can, and they'll take you to a delivery room, and it'll all be okay. I'm going to stay on the phone with Gemma until we're both at the hospital, alright?"

"Okay," I breathe, "I love you, Harry," a few more tears fall.

"I love you too, Emma."

I'm scared—I'm so scared. All that's going through my head is the fact that I'm 36 weeks and you're supposed to give birth at 40. On top of that, Harry isn't here to hold my hand, and my mom won't be here for Charlie's birth.

Eventually, after what seemed like years of Harry trying to calm me down, Gemma pulls up to the Emergency doors and we walk into the hospital with Harry still on speaker.

Someone gets me a wheelchair and I'm taken with Gemma to the maternity unit. I tell everyone that my husband will be here soon, and they assure me that someone will be at the doors ready to escort him up to my room.

"I've just parked, I'll be with you really soon, Em," Harry tells me, "I'm going to hang up now. Gemma, call Mum."

Gemma calls Anne and updates her on everything that's occurred in the past twenty-five minutes. We agreed that it makes more sense for Gemma to go back and pack a bag for Harry and I once he arrives. Luckily, Anne moved recently to be closer to the three of us, so she's only a forty-five-minute drive away from the hospital.

"I'm here, baby, I'm here," Harry finally runs through the door and is by my side, holding my hand and kissing my head like he's supposed to.

I've already changed into a hospital gown and am lying in the bed, so he has to sit in a chair that's pulled up next to me, but he's finally here.

The next half hour goes by fast. I meet a few nurses, my doctor tells me that I'm only 2 centimeters dilated and that I need to be at 10 to deliver, Gemma calls Harry to know what to pack, and then I call my mom and Annie.

They're both disappointed that they're not here, but they focus on the positives and that's that I'm in the delivery room and Charlie and I seem to be safe.

My contractions aren't close enough to warrant getting an epidural yet, so every once and a while I squeeze Harry's hand without a care as to how hard.

I call the doctor back in after Gemma and Anne have arrived and checked in on me. She tells me that I've had a premature rupture of membranes, which basically means that my water broke early—go figure. Any baby born before 37 weeks is premature, and I'm technically 36, but my doctor reassures me that the chances of Charlie being born healthy are very high.

Harry's P.O.V.

Gemma knew I was in a meeting, so as soon as I saw that I had three missed calls, I knew something was up. What I didn't expect, was to find out Em's water had broken, and she was on her way to the hospital without me. I know I couldn't help it, but I feel absolutely terrible that I wasn't with her. Deep down I knew the movie would fall through, so I shouldn't have even bothered with the meeting. That way, I would have been with Em the entire time. I should have put her and Charlie first from the start.

It was when Em started yelling when panic really started to settle in. I wasn't with her, I couldn't see her, so I wasn't sure how to gage the situation. I so badly wished I could have clicked my heels and been by her side.

Now, it's been seven agonizing hours of labor for Em, and six and a half agonizing hours of hand squeezes and occasional screams in my ears. Em said she'd call for the epidural once it hit 11pm, but I honestly don't understand why she's putting it off. For my sake and hers, I wish she'd just get it over with. Her contractions are lasting longer and getting closer together, so I'm hopeful that she can deliver soon, but I also don't know much about that process.

"Emmy, are you sure you don't want the epidural now?" I talk sweetly to my wife.

"Harry, I don't care how hard I'm digging my nails into your palm, it is nothing compared to what my body is going through right now. I'm waiting for the epidural because I have a feeling this is going to be a long labor, and I only want to get a needle stuck in my spine once," Emma grits through her teeth and I suddenly regret asking.

"I'm sorry, I understand now," I kiss the hand that's suffocating mine just as another contraction comes.

***

2:30 am. It's safe to say we'll be having a December baby, just as planned.

Em finally caved and got the epidural half an hour ago when the doctor said she was nine centimeters dilated.

We sent Gemma and Mum home at midnight since it was looking like Charlie wouldn't be here for a while. Now that things are moving along faster, Em and I still decide that they should stay home to sleep and come see us in the morning. Mum is staying the night at Gemma's so there shouldn't be a problem timewise if we do call them.

Also, now that Em can't feel her contractions, I was able to book a single ticket for Jillian on December 4th. It was the earliest flight I could find, but it's better for Em than waiting until the 15th to see her mum.

"Okay, Emma. You're at ten centimeters. Time to start pushing," I didn't even notice the doctor was back, I was too lost in thought observing every detail of my wife's face while she tried to rest.

"It's time, baby," I press a kiss to Em's lips, and she nods, acknowledging mine and the doctor's words.

*

*

*

A/N: SURPRISE!!!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

244K 2.7K 75
*COMPLETED* Short imagines about Harry Styles! ( Some of these are from tumblr, giving them full credits.) •FLUFF/CUTE IMAGINES •NO SMUT
7.2K 174 26
Follow Y/n, Harry and Darcy throughout a new pregnancy!
6K 162 30
Y/n and Harry have a big year coming up. Solo career? A movie? This was just the beginning.
480K 16.5K 65
- NOT COMPLETE - When struggling waiter, Harry Styles, meets college student, Daisy Miller, it seems that all's well that ends well. Well, from the...