Hit Home || A Spralbert Story

By Broadway_Crackers

I wrote a One-Shot in my One-Shot book and decided to turn it into a book. Race is a normal kid in Manhattan... More

Chapter 2 - Albert and Spot Almost Killed Race
Chapter 3 - Play Baseball with Two Cute Boys? Heck Yes.
Chapter 4 - We've All Been Stuck as Theatre Kids for Way too Long
Chapter 5 - Race is Confused Cause- Love
Chapter 6 - Technically a Run
Chapter 7 - Better At Offense Than Defense in Multiple Areas of Life
Chapter 8 - Albert Doesn't Understand Theatre Kid References
Chapter 9 - "Knock Yourself Out." "But Don't Actually."
Chapter 10 - The Plastics (Ft. Race, JoJo, and Elmer)
Chapter 11 - Italian to English Malfunctions and Teasing
Chapter 12 - Brookies and Former Brookies and Spot's Apparently a King
Chapter 13 - "Love is so Confusing."
Chapter 14 - "Have Some Decency!" "You've Seen Me Shirtless Before."
Chapter 15 - Laying in the Grass and the Sequal, Lovesick in the Grass
Chapter 16 - "You. Can't. Break. Me. That. Easily."
Chapter 17 - Blood, Sweat, Tears, and Troubles
Chapter 18 - Picking Pickles
Chapter 19 - Starlight Sleeping Beauties
Chapter 20 - "It's Not Like You Aren't Cute When You're Sleeping."
Chapter 21 - "Due Ragazzi Carini Mi Hanno Baciato."
Chapter 22 - Puppy Eyes and Puppy Love (Pt.2)
Chapter 23 - Peek-a-boo with a Puppy
Chapter 24 - Hatred for Haircuts and Loving for the Pups
Chapter 25 - They Love Spot, but he's Horrible at Mario Cart
Chapter 26 - "Then, You Die!"
Chapter 27 - The DaSilva Family (Aka, That's a lot of Redheads)
Chapter 28 - "Guess I'm Meeting Both of my Boyfriends' Parents Today."
Chapter 29 - Plant Time Again (And Now There's a Puppy with Them)
Chapter 30 - The Slightly Boring Chapter That is Introductions

Chapter 1 - The Cute Boy Across the Street (Prolouge)

639 13 46
By Broadway_Crackers

- Chapter 1 - The Blonde Boy Next Door -
Warnings: None (cover ^)
Third Person POV

Albert sat on the couch when he heard something.

He quickly looks outside.

There he was.

The blonde boy Albert saw almost everyday he came to his boyfriend's house.

Albert's eyes light up. "Spot!" He calls to his boyfriend, who was in the kitchen, grabbing snacks.

"Hmm?" Spot focuses on cutting the fruit and not his fingers.

"Come here!" Albert exclaims. "It's him! The boy I keep telling you about." He tells him.

"One second, I'm cutting food." Spot responds, placing the knife in the sink.

Albert watches the blonde boy take the trash bin to the end of the street.

His flannel was tied around his waist, his pants going to the middle of his shins where they met his blue and green socks, and his undershirt stopping at his neck, so it was showing his shoulders.

(*gasp* scandalous, Race! How dare you!
I know! I've been feeling so daring recently!)

Albert smiles when he sees the blonde boy brush his dirty blonde curls out of his face with his elbow.

Spot walks back into the room, with a plate of snacks, as the boy enters his backyard.

He looks out the window. "Where is he?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

Albert chuckles softly. "You always miss him." He states, picking up a piece of a strawberry and flipping it into his mouth. "I'm not sure how you do it." He giggles softly while chewing.

Spot rolls his eyes, sitting down on the couch. "I'm starting to think he's not real." He mutters.

Albert swallows. "I mean, he's is perfect enough that he might not be." He jokes, nudging Spot with his elbow.

Spot rolls his eyes again.

"But no," the redhead looks back out the window, trying to catch one more glimpse of the boy. "He's definitely real." He whispers.

Spot puts his arm around Albert. "I'm sure we'll meet him one day." He responds, gently taking Albert's hand and enlacing their fingers.

Albert looks down at their hands, smiling.

Characters -

Antonio 'Racetrack' Higgins -

Age: 15 (turns 16 at the end)
Hobbies: Playing soccer, dancing, track, card games
Mathlete, multiple honors classes, newspaper, Theatre, star facts
Loves his family and friends

Sean 'Spot' Conlon -

Age: 17
Hobbies: Playing games/sports, card games, gardening
Newspaper, stage crew/techie, Football captain, video games, flirt
Loves his boyfriends, friends, and parents, even though he doesn't feel like he knows them

Albert 'Red/Al' DaSilva -

Age: 16
Hobbies: Playing sports, basketball, writing (mainly poems)
Newspaper, Theatre, dance, soccer
Loves his grandma, boyfriend(s), and friends, and pencil and paper

Things you should know -

I make Race shorter than Spot, but Albert is still taller than both of them.

There is lots of teasing, and flirting, and I'm horrible at writing flirting lol

Race speaks Italian (which I'm trying to learn, but I'm not great at it yet, so correct me if I translate something wrong)

The first few chapters will be relatively similar to the One-shots that this story is based on. (I wrote the one-shots).

I like the headcannon that Race is the youngest (other than Les, Lucky, and Tumbler)

I use many star facts in my books because I love the headcannon that Race knows manyyy start facts and rambles about them when he's tired.

Ships and ages -

Obviously, Spralbert (Spot x Race x Albert)
Jack (17) x Davey (16)
Crutchie (16) x Elmer (15)
Finch (16) x Tommy boy (15)
Henry (17) x Buttons (16)
JoJo (15) x Mike (15)
Specs (16) x Romeo (15)
Blink (16) x Mush (15)
Ike (15) x Hotshot (16)
Boots (16) x Red (16)
Sniper (15) x Smalls (15)
Knobs (15) x Dice (16)
Ace (16) x Smokes (15)
Les (10) x Lucky (11) x Tumbler (11)

Meet the author -

Hi!
My name is Stage, for the few who call me that, Bree/Bri/Brie. (I'm trying to pick a different Newsie name got the few who don't call me Stage lol)
I write a lot of fanfiction on this app lol, and not all of it is good. (Please do NOT read the first 'a Delancey Sister' lol)
I write past tense when people aren't speaking and present tense when they are speaking. I don't know why, but I do.
I have a lot of books I write (all Newsies lol, or most), so please be patient with me. I try to get chapters out as soon as I can.
Have a wonderful day and I hope you enjoy the story!
- Author

(This was the second cover choice (or technically the first, but it was the one that wasn't chosen.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 1.1K 17
**COMPLETE** "I didn't catch your name." "I didn't seem to drop it." Spot Conlon's rebelliou...
29.7K 838 50
What could possibly make Spot so shaken up he'll hand over Brooklyn? What could make Jack so shaken he'd give up Manhattan? Only one thing: Race and...
54.8K 636 45
"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔~" "𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚙𝚘𝚝, 𝚗𝚘𝚠" "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝙲𝚊𝚖 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐" "𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚛" My name...
12K 140 18
Jazzer Higgins is Racetrack's long lost twin sister who has just made her way to Manhattan after escaping the girls version of the Refuge. She is gla...