Quinn's Lotus (Quinns Series...

By thugsbelike

"Look it's the great conjunction." I tell Alexander pointing at the sky. "Where is it?" He asked trying to fi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 4 Part 2
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 38 Part 2
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43 Part 2
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
BOOK 2

Chapter 64

29 1 0
By thugsbelike

Parking my car in the driveway of my house, I walk up the walkway to the front door. Before I'm able to knock, it slowly opens up on its own. Before me, he house is filled with darkness, the wind whistles through the cracks of the window. I get an eerie feeling that sweeps over my body, something isn't right.

Slowly, my foot steps inside the house, then the other one comes along. I look up the stairs not seeing any light. Silence fills the house; the only noise is from my feet and the erratic breathing of my heart.

"Hello?" I say out loud. No one answers me, that's good, I'm alone. Maybe someone came in and stole something, but I can't see anything due to it being pitch black. A light comes from behind me, but it's the street lights outside.

I rush over in the living room, quickly turning on the lamp. Once the lamp is on the light illuminates the whole room. Nothing looks missing or out of the ordinary. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I check the time, it's 8:30. I need to hurry up and grab this necklace so I can go back to Alexander's apartment. With it being in San Francisco, it was an hour drive here and an hour drive back. Traffic is going to be hell; I can feel it.

Standing still in the living room, my phone starts to ring. I jump from fright, god who could that be? I bet it's my grandpa calling me again to ask if I'm ok. He acts like I'm a 11-year-old that has been in summer camp for 2 months. Checking the caller ID, I see that it's Alexander.

"Hello." I hear him let out a grunt, it sounds like he's getting into bed. Or moving something around.

"Hey, you there?" He asks.

"Yes, got here like 5 minutes ago." I didn't tell him about the door being open, and someone may or may not be in this house right now. He would run over here so quickly, and it might be nothing. There have been many times when grandpa would leave the door open. He's so absentminded, I think it's where I get it from.

"Just wanted to make sure you were ok. I'm going to bed, wake me when you come in."

"Ok, love you, bye."

"Love you too." I hang up the phone, and stuff it in the back pocket of my jeans.

Maybe there is nothing suspicious going on here. If you don't think of scary thoughts, there won't be any scary thoughts. Let's just get the necklace and head back to Alexander's apartment.

Walking out the living room, I see a figure standing in the foyer of the front door. Their legs were width part, arms were hanging lazily on the sides. I couldn't make out the identity of the figure, due to us being apart and it's rather dark where they are standing. But just a little light was shown from the streetlights. I could tell it was a woman, the hair sits quietly on their shoulder. A few strands blow from the wind coming from the door.

"Who are you?" I say to the mystery women. She doesn't move, and doesn't say anything.

As I walk closer, I hear trembling coming from the person's lips.

It can't be.

I won't allow it to be.

I turn on the light above the door, the unknown identity is now known to me.

Irene.

Her eyes are blood shot red, tears stream down her not so fair skin. I can see the trembling of not only her upper lips, but her fingers. Her hair looks erratic, like someone ran a million hands through it. When she looks at me, her eyes tell me to leave. To get out of here, a great evil is coming this way.

"Irene, what's going on." She doesn't answer me. Her head shakes erratically, not wanting to voice any words. Not wanting to plunge the eerie silence around us. "I can't help you if you don't say anything."

Around her comes a figure, it's a man. He's tall, wearing a long trench coat. Just from his wardrobe I instantly knew who it was, King Yount. His tall stature makes me and Irene feel like dwarfs.

"She can't talk. I silenced her." He said his hands roaming over her short, dark hair. "She's a screamer, this one." I didn't know what to say, or do. I can't stop him from doing anything, he's way stronger than I am.

"What do you want with her? I thought we had a deal, I would wake up the First Power, and you would leave everyone I love alone." His head swiftly looks at me, those beady eyes carve in my face.

"We did, but now things have changed. Not after what you done." He moves his hands away from Irene, she lets out a huge breath. I have no idea what he's talking about, I haven't done anything. That I know of.

"What I- what are you talking about. I'm confused." He leaves Irene's side and comes up close to me. His breath breathes on my hair. It moves my curls ever so gently.

"Your boyfriend's pack attacked my Kingdom. They killed most of my guards. I NEEDED those guards and now they lay dead."

"I- I don't know anything about that."

"You must have told people about our deal. About you waking up the First Power."

"I didn't I swear."

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" His voice booms, sending bitter chills through me and Irene. I see new tears trickling down her face. The only person I told was. . .Lyra. But Lyra hasn't talked to anyone around this kind of stuff ever. I never told my grandpa nor Alexander. The only thing my grandpa knows is that I talked to Piper, but he doesn't know what about.

"I'M NOT! Please, leave her alone. She's innocent." I tell him pleading to save her.

"She was, until you messed up. Now, I have to do something I don't want to do." I know exactly what he's talking about. I don't want to say it, it may come true. "I mean, your boyfriend did kill my daughter. This is simply revenge."

Irene looks at me, scared of losing her life. "Don't worry Irene."

"You should Irene." He says her name in a mocking tone. "You should be very afraid."

"Stop this, you don't have to do it. You have my word, I'm loyal." I get on my knees, pleading with him. Trying to force some humanity in his lifeless soul.

"You're not. From me doing this will whip everything into shape." Quickly, his big hand reaches into Irene's chest. A loud gasp leaves her mouth, it's the most noise she's made all day. Her eyes are widening, shocked by the mystery guys hand in her chest. He lets out a grunt, trying to maneuver around in her.

"What the hell are you doing? Stop!" I scream at him. Horror filling up my throat, letting my words come out all wonky.

"Sorry, can't." Quicker than the breath that escaped my lungs, Irene's heart was now in his hands. A few beats came from it, then it stopped. Blood dripped on the hardwood floors, seeping into the cracks. Her head turn towards mine, eyes fill with fear and sorrow. She drops to her knees, and her body then falls over. I see the life, the wonder, the hope leave her eyes.

"What did you do." I whisper through the whimpers.

"Don't blame me, you forced me to do this." He trudges towards me, the heart that was once in Irene's chest still held in his cold hands. The free hand grabs my face, blood is now dripping down the nape of my neck. "Now this is what happens when people cross me. Your still waking up The First Power for me, someone will be coming for you on Wednesday, be ready." His grip leaves my face, I move my jaw around.

He holds out my hand and puts the heart in it, steps over Irene's body and walks out the door. I just stand there, confused by it all. I close my eyes tightly, hoping it was a dream. I open them, the heart is still in my hands and her body still lays lifeless on the ground. I did this, I caused this.

I'm the real martyr.

I walk slowly down the narrow hall to Alexander's apartment. It's probably around 10:00 right now, I don't actually know the exact time. Nothing matters anymore, the time, the weather, the necklace I forgot to get from the house.

The once wet blood that was on my face is now dried across my cheek and lower lip. My eyes are stained with the death of Irene. I can still see her lifeless body lying on the hardwood floor. The blood decorating the once brown floor boards, her hair covered over her face, shielding her cold dead eyes away from me.

I shake my head, trying to get the image out of it. I come to Alexander's apartment door; my shaky, bloody hand unlocks the door. Inside I see that it's pitch black, the only light that is shown is from the buildings in downtown San Francisco. Quickly, but quietly, I walk into the apartment. He's probably knocked out, I thought he would be up waiting for me. Thank god he isn't, if he sees the state, I'm in right now, it'll freak him out.

I go above the kitchen sink and turn on the light. On the refrigerator theres an oval shaped mirror. I accidently caught my reflection, the horror sets in. My whole appearance was horrible looking. My soft curly hair was tangled, and hints of blood hanged on the curls. The dried blood is still on my face, and my shirt is all disoriented. I'm glad someone didn't see me come in, they probably would have called the cops. Or even the FBI, I look like I've been in a crime scene.

A slow, soft cry leaves my lips. My body starts to shake erratically, my shoulders heaving up and down. This was a cry that I've been holding in during the drive back here. Before I was in shock, scared to cry because then I'll have to face what actually happened, what really happened.

Tear's seep into the sleeve of my shirt, soaking it. The only question that hits my mind is, what am I going to tell grandpa? How am I going to tell grandpa, that the woman that has made him feel something since my grandma died is now dead. Her heart ripped out, exposed for the world to see.

From the room I can hear movement walking towards me. He comes around the corner, his eyes adjusting to the light, his hair is wrapped crazy around his head. His muscles and chest are on full display. Grey sweatpants exposing his hard V. Usually that would make me flustered, but it does nothing.

"Quinneth why are you back so late? It doesn't take that long to get s-". His voice cuts off mid-sentence once he takes in my appearance. Those beautiful eyes scan over my distressed body. "Lotus, what happened to you?" He doesn't come close to me, not sure of how to react physically.

"I- it all happened so fast. There was nothing I could do. I tried to stop him- he didn't listen." My voice trails off and on. I couldn't look at him, I just looked at my hands. The bloody hands, the hands that could have saved Irene, but didn't.

"Are you hurt?" He finally comes up to me, his hands roam over my body trying to see if I have any open wounds or scars. Nothing. He finds nothing. For the scars are internal. "Whose blood is this, Quinn?"

No answer.

"Quinn honey, who blood is this?"

No answer.

He lets out a frustrating sigh and sits me on the white chair at the island in the middle of the kitchen. He lifts my head up, making me for the first time look at him directly. "Quinneth, my lotus, you've got to talk to me. I can't help you if you don't talk."

I muster up a sentence, "He killed her."

"Who killed who?"

"Yount. He killed Irene, ripped her heart out like a. . .barbaric savage." A look of shock comes on his face. He does the only thing anyone would do in a situation like this. . .pulls me into a hug. Holding me tight against his chest, his other hand pats my head. He holds me like someone was going to charge through the door and take me away.

I close my eyes, trying to take in his calmness. Relax my body for what will come tomorrow.

"Just lay down, ok. I'll handle everything, you focus on resting." After putting me in the shower washing off all the blood from my body, I'm now wearing comfy pajamas. My hair is airdrying, drips of water collide with my cotton t-shirt. He helps me lay down, tucking me under the thick grey comforter.

As I get comfortable in the bed, my eyes start to feel heavy. From the view of the kitchen, I can see Alexander talking on the phone, probably to his father. From his tone I could tell he was confused, but also some guilt surrounded in it.

I remember what Yount said, before he killed Irene. He said that The Golden Summit Pack killed some guards at his pack. That was the reason he killed Irene, but what I'm wondering was how did he find out? How did he know I met with Piper, the conversation we had? They would have never acted if they didn't know what I was going to do.

The thoughts leave my mind as I slip into a deep slumber.

The darkness and I get acquainted.

"Are you sure you don't want to come? He would like to hear it from you." Alexander says. He pulls his key out of the ignition, as he waits for me to answer his question. I didn't want to go inside to tell my grandpa that he woman he was falling in love with is dead. Her heart ripped out of her body by a King.

It would break his heart; it would be like seeing him find out my grandma died all over again. Even though I was young, I remember the day like the back of my hand. We were coming back to the hospital; she had been sick for quite a while. As we walked in the doctor walked up to us, me being 9 years old I knew something was wrong.

When he told us that she died the world stopped, not just for me but also for my grandpa. I remember seeing a still look on his face, like what the doctor said he really didn't say. Someone was lying to him, playing him like a fool. After that day, things were different.

"I'm positive. I can't deal with telling him bad news." He pats my hand. He's been so good to me since the incident. Making sure I ate, and talked out everything.

"Fine, be back in a minute." He jogs across the street, and comes up to the front door and knocks on it. When I left the house, I left Irene's body where it was. The pack must have come by and cleaned everything up. I'm sure Alexander told them to keep it away from my grandpa. Someone who knows him should tell him what happened.

The door opens up, I can see him give Alexander a smile. That smile won't hold for much longer once he finds out what happened. Alexander's hand fiddles together, he's nervous. He starts to tell my grandpa what happened. The smile that was once on his face is now replaced with sadness. I can see a look of shock on his face, not believing that it could be. His eyes look towards Alexander's car, looks at me in particular. He tries to walk past Alexander to come to me, but he stops him at the doorstep. Shaking his head not to come to me, probably telling him I need my space.

Even more in the car I can hear him let out a wailing sound, the sound that triggers me. I just shut my eyes, scared to open them up.

Scared to move.

Scared to feel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

474K 24K 41
When Leah is gifted with an abusive mate, you'd think she would give up on werewolves altogether. But a new experience opens her mind and heart to pa...
2.8M 75.9K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...
1.2M 43K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
461K 10.6K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...