Reborn

By TheHiddenSecret1

My name is Mei Kurosu, 14 years old. I am known as the 'all-knowing child,' but it isn't because I see the fu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Special Chapter
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Special Chapter II
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 19

1.4K 70 10
By TheHiddenSecret1

Picture: Google images (Mei currently in these chapters)

Hello Everyone!

Well, I have the motivation to quickly write a chapter! I got some ideas for future chapters too!

Also! What would you like for Mei to do in the vampire dance? I'm not gonna lie. I do not want the situation to be exactly like Yuki's but somewhere close. That episode is my favorite from this whole manga/anime.

I hope I get comments about that question.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter. See you all lovely people later.

I do not own Vampire Knight.

Chapter 19

The warmth of his lips on mine. The feel of his hands on my back and cheek. My heart racing so fast to the point of unable to breathe. Each second that passes with our lips interlocks like this makes me dizzy. A boy that I believed would aid me in keeping my adopted sister safe became someone I fell for. A boy that I wanted to protect from dying by Shizuka's side, shows me a kiss of a man. He was in my thoughts. This kissing scene was in my dreams. My sleepless mind would bring me into that moment but changed to Yuki's expression.

An overwhelming sense of guilt and sadness washes over me. The one person that I wanted to protect the most was smiling at me. She was smiling but her hands squeezing in a tight grip were her true feelings. How can she stand there with a smile? How can she not be hurt or scream at me? Not only am I in love with Zero but also in love with Kaname. I am a selfish and greedy girl. In some way, this is quite funny.

Suddenly, the dream would change from happiness to guilt to an unwelcoming sense of dread. Zero and Yuki would vanish into the shadow's abyss with footsteps echoing later. The sound would get closer and closer with those haunting eyes staring right at me. His toothy smirked with their sharp fangs revealing themselves to me. Yet, all I can do was stand in that one spot. The footsteps stopped only a few feet away from me but close enough to hear his heavy breathing. In that familiar tone, this person always says;

"You're just like me."

Then, he attacks with a scream?

"AAAHHHH?!"

My eyes snapped open as the reality of the classroom sets in with the morning light. The students were hovering over a student that has fallen on the floor. Her face looked so pale from the mess of blood on her neck. It was that vampire. That vampire changed the way things were between Yuki and the night class. It was the beginning of Zero and Kaname revealing their feelings for Yuki. This was the vampire of changes that needed to happen.

While Zero went to carry the unconscious girl to the infirmary, all of the guardians and the Night Class leader were to meet with the headmaster. Kaname entered the room with an upset and unpleased aura but kept his expression in a stoic matter. The three guardians were standing next to him with me being in the middle. It was better this way so I do not stay close to him for now. Ichiru was not going to attend this meeting for the sake of watching the rest of the students. He started to patrol the grounds per my request.

"I'm sorry, Chairman." Kaname begins the meetings, "I should have watched over more carefully."

Father smiled politely at the prince's apology with a wave of his hand.

"No, no, we haven't decided that the vampire who did this is from the night class. You were called out by the council of ancients, Kaname-kun, so it could just be a case for those who are bored, okay?" Father tries to reassure him. "Don't worry too much. We have the guardians to prevent such a thing from happening again. We just have to pay more attention from now on. At least, the girl who fainted from anemia doesn't even remember who sucked her blood or even the fact that her blood was sucked. There is no doubt that the girl's memory was taken by a vampire."

Kaname spoke out his conclusion, "This means that the vampires in the night class are suspects. The only ones that wouldn't have to rely on "ritual magic", as the hunters call it to erase a memory, would be the noble class. The night class consists mostly of nobles. I understand that you do not want to suspect your students but you are too lenient."

Glancing at Kaname from the corner of my eye, I remember a certain incident where he did the same thing. My vision went to Yuki's pained expression. Kaname definitely fit the quote "pot calling the kettle black". If he was going to say this much, then give him what he wants.

"And you should talk Kuran-sama."

Everyone in the room stared at me with different expressions presented on their face. Yuki stared at me shocked at the outburst. Zero's was similar but only had his eyes widen. Father had his elbows on his desk with hands resting on the other, narrowing his eyes down at me. Kaname's was filled with anger from the disrespect. I stepped out of the line to face the pureblood prince.

"Let's not forget about your powers of erasing people's memory. You believe my father is too lenient then perhaps I will bring upon your punishment for using the Pureblood's power."

Kaname's eyes narrowed more in anger from mentioning that incident in front of my father.

"Mei, how dare-"

"How dare you, Kaname Kuran? Do not forget your place in this academy. Outside these gates, you are the Pureblood prince of all vampires. Inside these gates, your Night Class would have not existed without my help. In case you have forgotten, I am the founder of that class. Meaning, I get the final say of those students, not you. Do I make myself clear?"

Kaname continued staring down at me in silent rage. However, I can see his eyes flash red for only a brief moment. We stared at each other in the challenge of the other saying something, anything. My feelings for him are recognized but seeing him makes me irritated. He stole the vial of Shizuka's blood from me. He made it seem like Zero Kiryuu was the one responsible for Shizuka's disappearance. If he wishes to play dirty in this little game of chess of his, then I'll be the one to play along and win for this first time.

The eye contact with Kaname was disrupted by the feel of someone's large hand patting my head. Glancing at the owner of the hand, my eyes widen to see Zero staring down at me.

"That's enough Mei. You had made your point and now the air is quite deadly. Calm yourself before things get too heated. Don't be such a hot-heated now."

I looked away from Zero with a small tint of red on my cheeks. It is getting harder and harder to stare at his face. Just a glimpse of his face would bring me back to that scene. The feeling of his soft lips still felt so hot on mine. His presence makes my skin feel like it is burning. What the hell is happening to me? This is a first for me.

"Oh, hush. You're usually the one that is the hothead."

Zero removed his hand from my head with a sound coming after. The sound was strange yet familiar. I touched my head with the feeling of his large palm still warm. My hand slowly moved down towards my lips with my cheeks burning. My heart was beating so fast. All he did was pat my head and made a familiar sound from his lips. I want to feel his warmth again. That confession has made me so warm and looks at Zero from different views. Of course, I'm going to look at him from different views. He is my boyfriend now.

"Kiriyuu-kun is also a suspect."

Kaname's assumption stopped my beating heart. My eyes widen to stare at the vampire prince. I was holding my breath from the look of his glowing red eyes staring directly at me. While I was in my thoughts about Zero, he was staring at my reactions, my movements, everything. Mei, you idiot! You should have known that he would be watching from being so close with him.

"You're a rare sample of a vampire hunter who has become a vampire. I wouldn't be surprised if you had any special abilities..."

Kaname moved his gaze at Zero to continue on the topic. Father stood up from the desk shocked by this accusation.

"I don't recall having any special abilities."

"Really? Maybe you subconsciously attacked a human, yearning for her blood..."

My eyes widen watching the two go at each other. I looked over at Yuki but her bangs were covering her face from my sight. I can be the one to stop this but it is best for her to be the one to stop this. This could be the same outcome or a different change. Yuki interrupted them with her a voice of hurt and anger towards her favorite person.

"Even though Kaname-senpai does not like Zero. I thought that you had accepted him. Do you honestly think that Zero attacked that girl?!"

Kaname did not answer her through his voice but looked away. That was the answer she knew all too well. Yuki narrowed her eyebrows in rage with sadness in her eyes.

"Fine, I will find out the real culprit, and prove that Zero is innocent. Until you accept that Zero is innocent, I will not speak to you, Kaname-senpai!"

Yuki made that declaration while walking out of the room without Zero. My eyes widen noticing her hands in a fist with the same expression. Usually, Yuki would look back at Kaname with a face of regret before leaving. This time, however, it did not happen. She did not regret saying that. She did not make the expression of feeling guilty or wanting to cry. What is going on with Yuki?

"Wow! This is the first time that Yuki has actually opposed Kaname-kun, right?"

Father chuckled from behind us but made the situation worst for Kaname. What is going on? Zero is still by my side. She did not grab him. Why is she going by herself? Why do things feel different from before? Why does it feel like this scene is moving slow? Wait, why am I at the spot where Yuki is supposed to be? ...No...

"Something is not right..."

"Mei?"

Father questioned.

"Yuki's expression is usually filled with regret and sadness when speaking to Kuran-sama like that, yet... those words..."

"Keep what you know and do what you plan on doing but be careful of how you do it."

Yamato! That's right. I can't be distracted by these things. I need to continue moving forward.

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath to gather my thoughts and actions. We need to analyze the situation that I put myself in. Yamato knows my past self. My feelings for Zero and Kaname are known to both guardians and are returned from Zero. Yuki does not regret saying that sentence towards the man she devoted to. There is the situation of Shizuka being missing but was clear that Rido hired someone to kidnap. Not to mention, there is that upcoming vampire banquet where Sara makes her appearance. Plus, the dream about that vampire trying to attack me. I ran my fingers through my hair in anger and making a mess of it.

Ugggggghhhhhh, everything is happening so fast! Things are changing in drastic times!

"Gah what the hell!"

I turned to look at the men that were watching me confused and concerned. The first thing is to settle with Kaname's behavior towards Zero. Pointing at him, I shouted.

"First off, how dare you speak so rudely to Zero! For your information, Zero was in class with us the entire time while this was going on. Not to mention, he was in patrol. Second off, you're the night class President so it's your responsibility to watch your kind! You're Pureblood Prince! Honestly, I wish I said what Yuki did minutes ago. Talking to you makes me so beyond angry! Why are men's jealousy such an idiotic feeling?"

"D-dear, let's calm down"

Father speaks up, slowly coming to my side. My glare at Father had him flinch in a standstill.

"And you, why are you having your daughter scold a Pureblood Prince?! Stop having your daughter be the one to speak up and for her to handle so many things at once!"

The anger was getting out of control so I excused myself from the men and down the hallway. All three of them are more annoying together than apart. This is driving me crazy!

"Meimei!"

My eyes widen to look behind seeing Ichiru running towards me. He seems alarmed by something.

"Ichi, what-"

"The girl is awake and needs to talk to you."

I stared at him confused but nodded my head in understanding. As I arrived at the nursing room, my expression turned into shock seeing Ichijou, Rima, Shiki, Akatsuki, and Ruka coming into the room through the window. These night class students are so much more trouble than I thought they were. The victim holds a bouquet of daisies with a blush coating on her cheeks. However, these do not look like the ones that Ichijou gives him. There was a piece of paper inside the flowers. Walking past the vampires, I reached over for the piece of paper but was pulled away from my reach. I looked at the girl surprised to notice her hesitance in facing me.

"You... lied, didn't you?"

She flinched slightly still looking away from me. Unable to see the other's expression, I assumed their expression was of mere shock and surprise. I will admit that this surprised me more than anything. I do not remember her memories being intact.

"You know who made you faint like this? You know about the secret of this academy. For how long?"

She gripped on the flowers looking down.

"He isn't a bad person!"

She screamed to us in this person's defense.

"He was hurting that night. He was in so much pain but no one noticed except for me. The moment I stared at him that night, I..."

"You are in love with him."

She nodded her head with tears falling down her cheeks. I know that these two people were extra characters in the story to prove that a human and a vampire can never be together. They were the bad ending to a love story that was never meant to be. I sat next to the distraught girl. She leaned onto me in tears because the girl knew what was going to happen next. Rubbing her head softly, my belief for coexistence was coming into a reality little by little. These two show me that it can happen. Which is why...

"Don't worry. I'll make sure that your love for each other continues on."

She looked up at me confused. I nodded my head at her with a smile then looked at the rest of the vampires standing up.

"Vampires and humans can co-exist but it won't happen if you hide who you are. In time, humans will love you for you as she does for your own kind. I'm a guardian to protect humans but helping other's happiness is more important. That's why I'm going to need your help."

The night class students looked at each other. Some of them shook their head in rejecting my idea but Shiki and Rima came to my side.

"What do you need for us to do, Mei?"

Shiki asked with a tilt of his head. Rima responded by nodding her head in agreement. The rest of the vampires stepped back looking away. That is okay. It wasn't necessary for them to do what I said. A small smile stretched my lips at Rima and Shiki.

"Thank you. This is what I need you to do."

The starry night sky shines brightly that night. Zero was in the infirmary to get some rest before patrolling with us. I had asked Yuki to watch over Zero for me. 'It would appear that he was going to have a bad dream', is what I said to her.

Where was I? That should be a simple answer. I am standing at the top of the day class' girls dormitory building. A quick flash of someone's body comes through the trees. There was another familiar presence coming fast behind the vampire. Finally, there was the sound of two different voices telling them to stop. Jumping down from the top of the building, I look at the scene in front of me. Kaname in the sidelines watching this scene with Rima between them and Shiki holding onto the vampire.

I walked closer to the vampire. Who's gaze looks down in sadness from being caught?

"You drank the blood of a human girl. You sneaked out of school to see her again. A girl that will have no memory of this but it will satisfy you to see her. For the crimes that you committed on the Academy's ground, you're hereby suspended for a week and won't be able to see her unless a guardian is with you."

The vampire looked at me surprised by that. A small smile appears on my face as I got closer to the vampire.

"My job is to watch and keep the humans safe from your kind. However, if I was the cause to break you two up over being different kinds. I would be quite foolish and a hypocrite myself. You're a level B so she will not be a vampire. Although, do try to keep that bloodthirst in control after your suspension. Okay?"

The young vampire bowed his head in gratitude. His soft voice gave a small thank you. This being end of this incident. Shiki and Rima took the vampire to Father's office and alert him of his punishment. We were the only ones left.

"You act reckless, Mei. How can you let him get away with something like this? You're too kind."

"It has nothing to do with me being kind. As I told him before, I would call myself a hypocrite if I broke those two up over something stupid like this. My mission does not change from protecting humans but my goal for coexistence still plays. Each day, I find the coexistence coming into reality little by little. That's what I hope to happen, after..."

"After?"

After you turn Yuki into a vampire and disappear from our lives for a whole year. I glance at Kaname with our eyes connecting. In those seconds of staring at each other, I can see the wheels turning in his head. It seems like this scene is not the only thing he wants to ask me.

"If you have something to say Kuran-sama, say it. Whether I answer is a different story."

"What is going on between you and Kiryuu-kun?"

I have an odd feeling of being slightly cruel to him. Maybe it is because of him being a dick after Zero came into our lives, or I want to tease him a bit. Raising my hand slowly to my lips while looking at him, I answered.

"I wonder."

His appearance flashed in the instance to be right in front of me. One hand intertwine with the hand that touches my lip and his arm around my waist. His arm was pulling me closer to his body with the heat of his hand on my lips. We stared at each other with the same heat for the other.

"You seem different. Earlier, you scolded me in your father's office and now you're not stepping away. You're aren't even yelling at me."

"...Because I know what happens after he appears."

Kaname's eyes widen to release his hold on my hand and back.

"I am quite selfish and greedy for a human. I've fallen in love for a level D and a Prince that belongs to my adopted sister."

"In love?..."

I kissed the back of his hand with my eyes closed. It was to feel this sensation of his heat. To feel his presence so close to me. I've confessed my feelings to both of them but it does not change the fact that Yuki and Kaname are meant to be engaged. Opening my eyes and releasing his hold on me. I looked at him with a small smile.

"My silly Prince. Remember this, even though you stole a vial of Shizuka's blood from me, hurt Zero more than once, and became a bigger jerk than before. My feelings are unwavering towards you. So, thank you for letting me confess."

Those were my final words to him as I walked away. He did not run after me. He did not stop me from going forward. That is to be expected. He made a promise to Yuki's parents to protect her. Besides, it is not like I'm unhappy with this outcome.

"Mei!"

Up ahead was Zero standing a few feet away from me with hands in his pocket. He reached out his hand towards me to take. I took the hand that was felt so big and gentle against mine. His lavender eyes staring at my green ones. His face appearing closer and closer until the feel of our lips interlocked. That's right. I'm not unhappy with this. In fact, it felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I do not need to hide my feelings towards either boy.

What I did not notice was the presence of someone watching from behind a tree.

AAAAAAAAANNNNDDDD That's all folks! Lol. I hope you all love this amazing chapter. I will admit that I'm pretty proud of this. The further this story continues, you will see some changes within my character. Who knows? There might be some changes with the original characters but not so a whole lot of change.

Thank you to everyone that has waited so patiently for this story. Your votes and support are always appreciated. I'm always reading the comments so please do not think that I'm not. Next chapter, I will reply to some questions that many of you have. Write those questions in the review/comments.

Until Next Time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 3.7K 33
11th century, in Singhal. Her own people betrayed her, her family used her. Pawned her in a political marriage with a man 15 years older than her who...
266K 7.9K 14
Bella's back with her new daughter Renesmee. After Edward left her she got pregnant and made family with the Volturi and is now more dangerous as eve...
173K 4K 28
"Do you love me?" She asked with her devious smile. "I don't know." I answered quietly. She walked closer to me causing me to back up. When my back h...