The Andersons 2: The Constell...

By RaygaardOfEndregen

Two years have passed since the Andersons defeated Tarantella and Sam's life begins to return to normal. Thin... More

Chapter 1: A Normal Life
Chapter 2: Sam Becomes A Hero
Chapter 3: Discoveries; Betrayed
Chapter 4: Big Bangs, Supernovas, Black Holes, Stuck
Chapter 5: Captured
Chapter 6: Caves Of Healing
Chapter 7: The Training
Chapter 8: Revilexus: The Eye Of Evil
Chapter 9: The Power Of Forgiveness
Chapter 10: Sam's Return
Chapter 11: Preparing For Battle
Chapter 12: Surprise: A Secondary Plan
Chapter 13: Settling Scores
Chapter 14: The Final Battle Begins; Discovery
Chapter 15: In Deep Trouble
Chapter 16: The Battle Continues
Chapter 17: Head, Heart And Destiny
Chapter 18: The Choice
Chapter 19: A Paupersaurs Tale
Chapter 20: The Mother Of All Shadow
Chapter 21: The Two
Chapter 22: Duty
Chapter 23: A Second Chance
Chapter 24: The Battle Of Constellations
Chapter 25: Rise Of The Golden Dragon
Chapter 26: Revelation
Chapter 27: The Princes Of Dinogon
Chapter 28: Sam's Sacrifice
Chapter 29: More Discoveries
Chapter 31: The Terra Call
Chapter 32: A Trip To Dinogon

Chapter 30: Sam And Jane

1 0 0
By RaygaardOfEndregen

CHAPTER 30: SAM AND JANE

"Where's your new boyfriend anyway?" Sam asked spitefully.

"I don't have a new boyfriend. I just said that to make you jealous" Jane said.

Sam kept silent.

"Please say something" Jane pleaded.

"I didn't think you were capable of playing with my feelings that way" Sam said.

"What time did I have to date Dave? You're forgetting that I was stuck in T-Rexus' or Dark Gryphon's Cave. In what period did I date Dave?" Jane asked.

"You did arrive at the beach with him, then left with him, use your imagination" Sam said angrily. "But I see that you now believe me" Sam said.

"Yeah, it was actually Dave that made me see the truth" Jane said.

"Dave?! Why would he do that?" Sam said in disbelief.

"I guess he doesn't want to end up on the Golden Dragon's menu" Jane said with a little smile. "I really am sorry for all the pain I caused you" Jane apologized.

"I heard from your cousins and Lucy about what happened. Your twin brother...Daniel, I'm sorry about that too" Jane said.

"You don't need to be sorry about that" Sam said.

"I know, but I can't help it" Jane said placing a hand on Sam's cheek.

"It must be really hard for you" Jane said.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like this Jane" Sam said regretfully.

"It's okay. You had every right to be angry but not to strike our names off the tree" Jane said and they laughed.

Now Sam was sitting on the grass and Jane was leaning on his shoulder.

"I'd really love to see your world, I mean the world you rule my Golden Prince" Jane said.

"Me too" Sam agreed "...but interdimensional travel is very dangerous".

"We've already faced a lot of danger haven't we? I'm not afraid as long as you're at my side" Jane said.

Then she leaned over and kissed Sam and Sam kissed her back.

"The sky is so beautiful tonight, don't you think?" Jane asked.

"More than usual" Sam replied and then he remembered his oath to himself to keep Jane safe by breaking up with her.

"I guess there isn't any reason that we shouldn't be together anymore" Jane said.

"Actually...there is" Sam said as he stood up and stared at the ground.

"What?" Jane stood up and stared at Sam in disbelief.

"But why? What reason do we have not to be together?" Jane asked in confusion.

"I've realized that I've been selfish by telling you the truth. I did that so that we could remain together, I didn't think of your safety. I love you Jane but if anything should happen to you because of me, I'd never forgive myself. I can't let anyone hurt you just to get to me" Sam said.

"Oh I see, so you want to protect me by breaking up but don't you think that there are people that are willing to share that risk if it means that they can stay with the people they love? I believe that you were selfless and that you trusted my strength" Jane said with a smile.

"Maybe...but that's not the point. Dark Gryphon was enough trouble and there might actually be villains out there stronger than he is" Sam said. "I've always wanted to be with you but now I'm not so sure it's right for me to risk your life just by being with you" Sam said.

At this, Jane began to feel angry.

"Now you're being unfair. I-I just can't believe that you would do this!" Jane said in mixed anger and pain. "You've always asked me for a chance to explain 'the truth' and now I believe, you're pushing me away? What's with you?" Jane said angrily.

"Jane" Sam began to say but Jane raised a hand to silence him.

"I guess this is goodbye forever. I'm moving to Troit tomorrow. I don't think I want to see you again, Goodbye" Jane said as she walked away.

"I guess this is for the best" Sam said.

"I guess so" Jane said and stopped momentarily and then she walked away.

"Jane" Sam called.

She stopped momentarily and turned to face him.

"Uh-um, I'll be there to, you know...see you off" Sam stammered nervously.

Jane nodded once and then she turned and walked away. Sam lay on the ground feeling sad, angry and lonely. The night didn't seem so beautiful anymore.

"Jane's moving so soon? It's unbelievable but I guess the farther she is from me, the safer she is" Sam thought.

Suddenly, John landed right before him.

"Pretty smooth huh? I knew this would be the best place to find you. I pretty much saw everything that happened" John said.

"YOU EAVESDROPPED?!" Sam roared.

"Well yeah, I couldn't spoil the perfect moment for you until you got all noble and 'it's not right for me to risk your life by being with you'. Sheesh man for crying out loud, that's the worst line I've ever heard. I would have gone with the 'Hi Jane, I don't want to see you anymore so bye-bye' line" John said. "I take it that you know she's moving tomorrow?" John asked.

"Yeah, it's unbelievable" Sam said.

"I can't believe this. You've been goo-goo over this girl ever since you met her and now you're just going to let her walk away?" John asked.

Eventually, Sam and John arrived at Sam's home.

"Yeah guys, I broke it off. Besides, long distance relationships never work" Sam said.

"That is by far the weakest, most horrendously ridiculous excuse an Anderson can ever make. You're forgetting that uh...YOU CAN FLY DUH?!" John said.

"You're right, how could I be so stupid!" Sam said and slapped his forehead.

"Finally some sense!" John said.

"That's like the easiest way to GET THE BAD GUYS' ATTENTION AND LEAD THEM STRAIGHT TO JANE!!!" Sam roared. "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT? OH YEAH, I DID THINK OF THAT UNTIL I REALIZED THAT IT WAS HORRENDOUSLY RIDICULOUS!" Sam said repeating John's words.

"Well uh..." John said scratching his head in an attempt to come up with other ideas.

Suddenly, he got one.

"What of your armour? If you wear it, you'll be concealed by the pure light and no one, not even ordinary humans will see you" John said.

"That is a great plan but...I don't want to do anything that will draw Supernatural Attention to Jane" Sam said.

"We all want what's best for Jane, don't get me wrong but she already knows your secret and is willing to share the risk. If you can't trust her strength completely, you'll be doomed to live the rest of your life in solitude" Nancy said.

"Nancy's right. Think about it" Lucy said and then they all went to bed.

Jane couldn't sleep that night. She sat in bed, lost in thought.

"I've lost my friends, my life here. I've lost...Sam too" Jane said putting her head on her knees in frustration. "If I hadn't been so mad at Sam before, things could have been different but...I'd have left and hurt him anyway. I guess this is for the best" Jane murmured. "I'll have to forget him and move on" Jane thought but in her heart she knew that she could never forget the adventures she had had with the Andersons.

Sam was the only guy she had ever really loved.

Finally, morning came. Jane and her father had an awkwardly silent breakfast. The Moving Van arrived soon after and everything was packed into it except the luggage which went into the back of Mr Power's Land Cruiser.

Jane looked around eagerly. She really wanted to see Sam one last time before moving away.

Meanwhile,

"Oh man! I promised Jane I'd be there to say goodbye! I hope I won't be late" Sam said and dressed hurriedly.

"Honestly, I'm totally against you dumping Jane in the first place. If I were in her shoes, I'd never forgive you" John said.

"That's why I'm thankful that you're not her" Sam replied. "I just want her to be safe".

"I still hate the idea of you dumping her" John said.

"You'd better leave now Sam or you'll never catch up to her" George said.

"You're right George, oh and tell Mom that I'm skipping breakfast for a very important reason, thanks!" Sam said as he grabbed his coat and took off.

Jane sat in her father's jeep and looked around for any sign of Sam.

"He's not going to make it" she thought.

Mr Powers sat in the Driver's Seat and turned to face Jane but Jane turned away.

"I know this'll be tough on you but we need this. I hope you're ready because we're leaving now" Mr Powers said.

All this while Sam was running towards Jane's at top speed.

"Are you ready to leave?" Mr Powers asked.

Jane looked around one final time and dropped unto her seat.

"He didn't make it. He failed to keep his promise" Jane thought.

Meanwhile Sam could see the Moving Van in view. He rushed up to the man packing the last bit of furniture and asked

"Excuse me Sir but where's the family that lives here?"

"You mean lived here" one man replied.

"What?" Sam asked in confusion.

"They just left. You just missed 'em" the man replied.

At this, Sam dropped to his knees.

"NO!" Sam screamed to the Sky as he pounded the ground with his fists till they were bleeding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371 21 14
Jake has it rough. There's not really any other way of putting it. He's constantly made fun of and beaten up by bullies, and the fact that Jake is th...
1.5K 109 27
Sam's life just took a turn for the worst. Her parents died in a car crash and now she's being sent to live with an aunt and cousin she's never met b...
48 0 22
She just an ordinary girl with an ordinary life. Her life changes when her mother tells her she is going to a private high school. She did not want t...
26 1 5
When the six kids were taken, they were just infants. But when the needles are sterilized, they know something bad was about to happen. Years later...