Not My Sister - Charles Lecle...

By bwoahkiana

"You're not my sister. Not my family, never has been." Ouch. Been growing up together and working with the Le... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 7

6.7K 115 19
By bwoahkiana

A/N: I had nail extensions as I write this chapter so it was hella difficult for me.

Hope you enjoy it!

While writing this chapter: A Journey (A Dream of Flight) - Joe Hisaishi from The Wind Rises, and First Youth - Ennio Moriconne from Cinema Paradiso

-----
Charles' POV

[A Journey (A Dream of Flight) - Joe Hisaishi from The Wind Rises]

I wasn't exactly a morning person, so waking up in the morning wasn't something I look forward to. But today was an exception.

I shuffled through the duvet and rested my head on top of my arms, taking a good one last look at her sleeping form. She looked very peaceful after such a wild hungover, sleeping soundly on my bed.

No, I didn't do anything to her, if that's what you're thinking.

She's still wearing her black dress from last night. Chest rising up and down in a calm pattern, light snores escape her lips as she breathes. I reached her shoulder and planted a silent kiss on her bare skin. I couldn't resist hugging her once again before I got up, and so I did.

She didn't wake up. Of course, she's sleeping like a pig though.

But such a sight like this.. Might be something that I'm gonna miss sooner or later. I smiled while thinking about it.

I think I can get used to this.

Guilt suddenly washed over me. I still didn't think it's right.

-----

Clarisse's POV

I woke up to the sound of the front door closing. My eyes were still closed but I snapped them open, realizing Charles had left me behind again.

So I quickly sprinted to the door and opened it. I could see his back as he walked down the hallway while holding his backpack. "Charles!" I shouted.

He stopped and turned to face me. He stayed there in silence, waiting for me to say something. I was honestly lost of words, I forgot what I was about to say. What was I supposed to say?

The nausea suddenly hit me and I felt something twisting in my stomach. Shit. I ran quickly to the bathroom and kneeled in front of the toilet.

"Shit, Clarisse?" I heard Charles' voice inside the suite. He came back.

"Are you okay?", he asked again when he found me in the bathroom.

Well, as you can see, I'm obviously not and I'm literally in the brink of death here, but of course I couldn't find my own voice and energy to answer him.

The vomit hasn't come out yet but I could still feel it building inside me. I could sense panic washed over him when he dropped his bag onto the floor and leaned down beside me, holding my hair up, away from my face.

It came out and I got dizzy, I felt like there's gonna be another wave coming. "Good, good, easy. Let it all out," he said in a hushed tone. I felt a lot more relaxed as he massaged my nape and shoulder a bit.

-----

After I brushed my teeth, I found Charles pacing back and forth in the room. He was talking to someone on the phone.

"Yes, I'll be there shortly. I know, I'm sorry... Yes. I just need a little time. Something came up." I could hardly hear his voice from across the room.

He stopped talking when his eyes met mine. After a short pause, he talked again to the phone. "I'll call you later." the call ended.

He came up to me with worried eyes.

"Hey, so, um... I called the room service to bring you some breakfast and some soup. I forgot what kind of soup it was but I just asked them for any kind of soup they had, but they said the soup-"

"Charles, it's okay, I'm sobering up now."

He stayed there in silence and let out a sigh.

I know he wasn't worried about me though, "Don't worry about the soup," I giggled. "Thank you for taking care of me. Um, by the way did Lando or Carlos bring me back here last night? I need to thank them."

So she didn't remember last night.

I saw Charles tensed at my question. "What's wrong?" He didn't answer me, eyes looking elsewhere but my eyes. Realizing he's running out of time, I cut again.

"Forget it, it's okay. You can go and prepare for the practice. I'll visit the track later, but don't worry I won't go to your garage," I joked, trying to break up the tense atmosphere.

He nodded and grabbed his backpack, heading towards the door.

-----

Clarisse's POV

The soup was amazing. It was just like a simple chicken soup with rich broth. I didn't know how they did it. It tasted like homemade but at the same time it didn't. The bruschetta and egg benedict were also very good. A really nice hangover recovery breakfast combo.

By the time I got to the paddock, the third practice had just ended with success and the drivers were resting. I managed to snuck some ice cream again so I approached Lando and Carlos first.

I waved at them and their eyes lit up. "Look who's here! You look stunning in that outfit though," Carlos complimented me and his arm slinged across my shoulder.

I looked down, "You mean this jumpsuit? Yeah, it makes me look a little taller and everything but it's not gonna be easy when I'll have to go to the toilet. But thanks though."

"From that look on your face, I feel like you brought us something?" Lando chimed in.

"I know you guys would love it so I brought this again," I let them take a peek into my handbag. "More ice cream? Days in a row!" Carlos squealed happily.

"Yeah, but our trainers are not gonna be happy." I sensed worry in Lando's eyes.

Carlos raised his eyebrows and looked at his teammate, "As long as they don't find out, it's okay."

I handed out the ice cream to the McLaren rebels and said a quick goodluck for the quali later today. I bid goodbye quickly because I need to go to the Ferrari's garage to share some ice cream with Vettel and Charles (because he asked yesterday though), or else the ice cream will melt. Fast.

I didn't see any of the two in the paddock suite so I went into the garage instead. Maybe they were still there.

I was right. Seb and Charles were talking with the engineer on the pitwall and slowly walking back towards the garage. I waved at them and they noticed me. Seb was the first to wave back and threw me a big smile, then Charles followed. His smile was thin and silent. He looked exhausted.

When the race engineer finally left them to have some rest in free time, I quickly motioned them to take some ice cream from inside my handbag. "That's very sweet of you, Clarisse. This will be my good luck charm for the quali," Seb winked at me.

I giggled nervously as I felt my cheek getting hot. "Uh... haha, I...uh," Clarisse, just shut up and why are you stuttering like a schoolgirl in front of Seb? "Enjoy!" I said nervously with a cheeky smile.

Seb laughed and pinched my cheek and proceeded to open the ice cream package.

I had to control my racing heartbeat or else I would've dropped dead on spot because of Seb.

I heard a small grunt behind me. "Oh, Charles. Here, take one."

He took one and turned sideways. He opened the package quickly while mumbling a small "Merci." without even looking at me.

I turned to Vettel again since he's easier to talk to rather than Charles. "I still have two more ice cream left. Do you guys want to give it to someone else perhaps?"

Seb looked around as he was thinking, then his face lit up.

"I have an old friend in Sauber who likes ice cream as well. You can drop some there too if you like," he chuckled.

Does he mean... Kimi?

"Alfa Romeo? Oh, right! I can give this to Giogio as well!" I thanked him quickly and walked along the pitlane towards Sauber's garage at the front.

"Giogio..." Charles muttered in the background silently, yet I could still hear him.

"Why are you being so nice to everyone?", Charles powerwalked while trying to match my quick pace. He was following me to Sauber's.

I shrugged my shoulders. "With you not liking my presence here doesn't mean I'm not allowed to be friends with anyone else, right?" I didn't know what happened with my sudden bitchy attitude.

"Yeah, but.." he trailed off, scratching the back of his head.

[First Youth - Ennio Moriconne from Cinema Paradiso]

Before we knew it, we arrived at Alfa Romeo's garage. All stuff clad in white and red pattern. Number seven and ninety nine were both parked and resting peacefully. Such a beautiful sight.

On the lonely corner of the garage, there I saw the Iceman himself, sitting silently, staring at the wall. Arms crossed.

Was he asleep or something? But his eyes were open. Was he meditating?

To be honest, I was scared to approach him so I decided to greet Antonio first.

"Clarisse!" Giovinazzi called me. He was grinning from ear to ear. His hair secured in a low ponytail. I talked first, "Cosa hai fatto??" How have you been doing? We shared a quick hug, completely ignoring my brother beside me.

"Bene," Good. the Italian smiled. I need to tilt my head upwards because he's so tall. "Is this for me? Thank you so much. I will enjoy this. Actually, you can also give the last one to Kimi," he said casually.

Was it really okay for me to offer this to him now? I'm afraid to disturb him..

Quickly noticing the worry I had on my face, Giovinazzi told me not to worry and Kimi was actually a nice person. And he loves ice cream, so it's gonna be okay.

Gio did me a favor and called Kimi over to us. "Kimi! Over here!" oh no. Kimi walked over to us.

Charles eyed me with amusement, eating his ice cream with his other hand resting on his hips.

"Um.. I'm Clarisse." Shit, why did I get so nervous?

"Hm?" the Finnish turned his head towards me. "Err.. for you," I handed him my last ice cream. My cheek felt like it was starting to cramp because I tried very hard to smile at him.

"Mwoah, ice cream. Thanks." He took it from my hand and sent me a curt smile. I sighed in relief.

"It wasn't so bad right?", Gio cheekily giggled, amused with my interaction with the Iceman. Kimi quickly destroyed the ice cream package with a single hand.

Charles later joined in. Maybe he didn't want to feel left out. The three of us conversed in full Italian while Kimi ate his ice cream while staring at us as if we were aliens. He later left us silently to enjoy his ice cream in peace.

After a chat in the Alfa Romeo's garage, we bid goodbye to Gio and headed back to Ferrari's suite. It was so hot outside that Charles decided to cool off in his room which was provided with a real nice air conditioner.

I joined him and plopped myself on the couch in his motorhome room. Clarisse Lavigne, the permanent resident of the couch, I gave myself a cool title. Talking about the couch, I just remembered I woke up on his bed this morning.

Why was I not sleeping on the sofa though?

I even forgot to ask Lando and Carlos when I met them earlier. "Charles?" I was about to ask him about it but I got no response from him. Taking a peek, I saw him lying on his back on the thin bed. Light snores escaped his lips.

I approached his sleeping form then knelt beside him. He looked a little uncomfortable in his tiny bed. I removed the racing suit that he was holding in his hands carefully, trying not to wake him up. Folded it and put in on the chair beside the bed and I looked at his peaceful face again.

I brushed his brunette hair a bit to ease up the tangled part, but his hand caught mine. I froze.

His eyelash fluttered as he opened his eyes slowly. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to annoy you." That lie was smooth.

"Hmph," he scoffed. The bastard threw a lazy smirk at me. "What were you dreaming about?" His hand was still holding mine, he was rubbing iit lazily, eyes closed again.

"I think I was dreaming about the quali," he said in a raspy voice.

"Okay, go back to sleep, you probably need it. You have a mission to win today anyway," I said.

"Haha... Mission Winnow," he slurred.

"Mission Winnow? Do you mean Mission Spinnow?" I made a face at him.

His eyes snapped open.

"Okay. I'm gonna blame you if I spin for real later."

-----

[Porco e Bella - Porco Rosso Soundtrack]

Mia Djajic, Charles' PR Manager sat together with me, watching the qualifying via television. We also got to wear the headphones so we could figure out what's happening between the pitwall and Charles on the track.

It was nerve wracking, and before I realized it, it was over. I heard a loud ear-raping voice through the headphones. It was Charles and he got pole!

"Yes! Come on, grandissimi!" I felt like he's ripping my ear away. I chuckled at his excitement.

He continued again, "Tomorrow is the race and it's where we score points, but it's... a good beginning. Thanks guys. Car was amazing. I'll push to try and finish the job tomorrow."

All the mechanics and engineers in the garage cheered happily and congratulated each other, I also shared a hug with Mia. I was so proud of him.

-----

The next day.

Charles put on his balaclava and helmet. He took a last look at me and just stood there in front of the SF90. He walked towards me in quick steps and hugged me quickly, patting my head softly without saying anything.

I hugged him back and I saw the tv screen on the wall showing the scene where we shared the warm gesture.

"Charles Leclerc number sixteen, as we can see, sharing a quick hug with his dearest sister," the commentator said.

"For a good luck charm, perhaps?", the other commentator chuckled, then moving towards the other drivers in the pit lane.

He let me go without saying anything and got into the car. With that, the red beast zoomed out of the garage, leaving my sight. I put on the headphones again and sat beside Mia just like yesterday.

And so, the night race began. The lights were out and away they went.

Vettel and Charles started from up front with two of the Mercedes followed closely behind. My heart sank when I saw Charles went from pole to third. He must be feeling so upset right now.

But just after a few laps, he regained his leading position again, successfully overtaking his own teammate, Vettel. All the staff in the pit cheered with joy! Before we knew it, me and Mia were holding hands tightly in excitement. "Go Charlie!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 2.4K 11
appetence an eager desire, an instinctive inclination; an attraction or a natural bond Loving him was a losing game from the beginning, he knew this...
68.9K 1K 30
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ she is Daniel Ricciardos sister. She is the less successful, living in the shadow of her brother. Daniel races for McLaren along side...
56.6K 1.3K 36
ยปยป-----ใ€€โ˜…ใ€€-----ยซยซ her who falls in love with the boy who made her cut classes and him the ladies man of the paddock ยปยป-----ใ€€โ˜…ใ€€-----ยซยซ "You can keep m...
118K 1.4K 22
When i celebrated my 23rd birthday in a club in Monaco, I didn't think that night would change my whole life... but it did. Nothing was like before...