Lost Bird

By perksof_being_payton

Sang Sorenson and Axel Toma spent most of their lives together. They were planning to run away together when... More

Playlist
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 17

2.4K 210 37
By perksof_being_payton

Sang's P.O.V.

        After getting off the phone with Phil, I get off of the bed. "Sorry boys, we're going to have to postpone."

I grab a bag and start putting things in it that I might need tonight. Possible dresses, a thigh holster maybe. Or something that I hate more than anything, a bra holster.

         "Is everything okay?," Corey asks.

          At the same time Raven frowns. "Why?"

        "Yeah, everything's fine. I just have a last minute job tonight. I have to go meet the team that I'm working with shortly. Just let the others know I won't be working tonight."

      "Okay," Corey nods. "Do you need anything else?"

           I nod. "If you could let Sean know I'm going to need a Doctor's excuse for work, that would be great. Other than that, I've got it covered."

"What is the job?," Raven asks.

I grab the smallest gun I have, something that will be easy to hide. "You know I can't talk about it until after it's over."

"Rules are made to be broken," he says.

           "Well, this is one that I'm not going to break," I say, "There are things that I have to do that certain people might not like. And that's all I'm going to say."

Corey is the first to get off the bed. "We'll go let the others know. Call if you need anything."

"I will. Thanks," I say, in a hurry to get out of here.

Raven reluctantly follows Corey out of my room and moments later I hear them leave.

Before I do anything, I call Ian and let him know that I'm sick and won't make it to work. After promising him that I will get him a Doctor's note, he tells me to feel better and that's the end of the conversation.

I finish packing the bag, change, and then leave the apartment as well. About fifteen minutes later, I show up to the address Phil sent me. When I get to the door, I knock. After a minute, a man opens the door. "Squid," he says.

        "Waffles," I respond.

        "You must be Nina. We appreciate you doing this so last minute," he steps to the side, "Come on in."

      I step inside where four other guys are sitting. "I'm Alex Gray. This is my team Matt, Caleb, Levi, and Parker," he points to each one so I know who he's talking about. "Guys this is Nina."

          "Nice to meet you all," I nod.

         "Alright," Alex says, "We don't have much time to catch you up and get you ready, so let's begin."

        I follow Alex to the table where the others are sitting and take a seat. "I'm not sure what all Dr. Roberts told you, but you'll be attending the party tonight with me as a girl I purchased."

       Levi slides a picture in front of me, "This is the man you'll be seeing tonight. His name is Enzo Romano. We believe he has around six girls that he plans on selling off tonight."

        I raise an eyebrow. "At a house party? That seems like a pretty risky move."

         "Because he's loaded," Parker says, "If he gets caught, he tends to write a big check and the charges mysteriously go away."

        I clench my jaw. Caleb, who I'm sitting next to, slides his laptop in front of me. "This is Jessica Reyes. She's fifteen."

I stare at the screen as he shows me a picture of each girl. "Emily Harris, fourteen. Aaliyah Davis, fifteen. Riley Jensen, sixteen. Aria Lawson, she's seventeen. And Sophia Carlson, thirteen."

My heart breaks for these poor girls.

They walk me through every thing I need to do, from how I need to act and how I need to look. They also discuss their own roles in how the night will play out. I just hope things go well.

        At the end, Alex says, "We want to take Enzo down, but our priority tonight is those girls."

I nod in agreement.

"Okay," Alex says, "We all know our covers. Go and get ready."

The other four go off to do whatever they need to do.

"Nina," Alex says, "We have a spare room with a bathroom so you can get ready in there. There is one thing we need you to wear tonight."

He picks up something and it takes me a minute to figure it out. It's a fucking collar. It's black leather with a ring dangling down the middle.

         "You're joking," I say. "A collar?"

"Wish I was, sweetheart," he says with an amused look on his face. "It has a tracker in it, just incase anything goes wrong. Also, there's something so the others can listen in. You won't be able to hear them, but they'll be able to hear just incase."

       "That fills me with such optimism."

        "As long as everyone plays their parts, we should be fine. But these are some dangerous people that will be there tonight. We want to have all our bases covered just in case."

         I take the collar from him. "Let me show you to the spare room," he says.

I follow him upstairs to the room. After dropping me off, he goes to his own room to get ready.

        After doing my hair, I start digging through my bag. I decide on a red silk dress, with spaghetti straps. It's short and the fabric dips low on my chest, but the safest bet is to wear the bra holster.

Since the dress has thin straps, I need to wear a strapless bra so that's going to make things even more uncomfortable. But no way I'm going in tonight unarmed.

I double check that the safety is on before sticking it in the holster and clipping it around the middle. The barrel of the gun is resting under my boob. Yes, it's very inconvenient and uncomfortable.
I put the dress on before a pair of black heels and lastly, the collar.

About forty five minutes later, I find myself in front of a house that probably cost over ten million dollars.

"You weren't kidding when you said he was loaded," I mumble to Alex.

"Definitely wasn't," he laughs, "You ready?"

I nod, even though I feel anxious. I have to be ready for those girls. I follow him inside that is surprisingly empty. I'm not complaining, the earlier the better in this case.

        I follow Alex to a staircase where a man in all black is standing.

"Upstairs is off limits," he says without even sparing us a glance.

"Not to us," Alex says, "I have some business with Enzo tonight."

The man laughs. "Sure. Everybody has business with Enzo."

"Do you know who I am?," Alex scoffs.

"No, but I'm sure you'll tell me."

"Julian Donavan. Does that name ring a bell?"

The man finally takes a good look at Alex. "Shit, I'm so sorry Mr. Donavan."

Alex laughs bitterly. "It's alright," he slaps a hand on the man's shoulder, "Just don't let it happen again."

Alex grips my arm and goes up the stairs without another word. In all honesty, I forgot who Julian Donavan is. All I remember is that Alex resembles him, but I was given too much information in a short period of time.

When we get to the second floor, there's a table where a bunch of men are sitting. In the center is our guy Enzo.

"Who are you?," Enzo asks.

         "Julian Donavan."

           Enzo looks surprised by this. "Well, Mr. Donavan. What brings you down here?"

            "I had some business to take care of. Plus, I'm looking for some new girls and heard you had a little thing going on tonight. It's been hard getting new girls, it seems like everybody is getting shut down."

       "Well, you are in luck," Enzo nods. "I have some people coming to look at them later, but you get your pick of the crop. Take a seat."

       I remain behind Alex as he takes a seat and avoid eye contact with anyone else at the table.

       "What about your bitch here?," Enzo laughs.

       "She's just a shy one, but usually very obedient." Alex grins before patting his lap. "Come here, sweetheart.

        "Yes, sir," I say quietly before sitting on his lap.

          "Is it true what they say about the quiet ones?," one of Enzo's friends asks. He's asking Alex, but looking directly at me.

         Alex nods. "Oh, yeah. She's very responsive. She loves what I do to her, she just never wants to admit it."

       "They never do," Enzo laughs.

          Alex sucks on my neck above the collar and takes the skin between his teeth before biting down. I let out a breathy moan and shift on his lap to make it seem like I'm enjoying it.

          This makes the men laugh.

           "Come here, Doll," Enzo says.

             I look at Alex for permission, even though it's exactly what we want. I stand up and starting walking to Enzo, when he stops me.

         "No, baby. Crawl to me."

           I want to shoot this guy in the kneecaps. I get on my hands and knees and crawl around the table to him. When I get to him, I try to stand but he stops me again.

       "Just kneel before me."

        I do as he asks. He reaches down with one hand and strokes my bottom lip with his thumb. Then he sticks his thumb in my mouth and orders me to suck it.

       Once again, I do as he asks and the men laugh again. It takes everything in my to not bite the damn finger off.

          I peek over at Alex who nods. The message is clear in his eyes. It's go time.

       I slide away from Enzo. "I don't want to do this," I say to Alex quietly, "Please don't make me."

        "I thought you said she was obedient," Enzo glares at Alex.

        Alex shrugs. "I said usually. She's been cranky today," he looks down at me, "I've given you enough warnings today. When we get home, you will be punished."

        "I'll do better," I plead, "I'm sorry, Sir."

         "You should've thought of that earlier," he says. "Do you have somewhere I can put her? I'm tired of her and I don't trust her downstairs."

      "Of course," Enzo says before turning to his friend. "Portala di sopra." (Take her upstairs.)

       His friend leads me upstairs and sticks me in a room that's guarded by another man. Thankfully, the room they've stuck me in is where the other girls are.

        Their hair is dyed and cut differently from the pictures I've seen, but it's them. They look at me with fear in their eyes.

            It's my job to get them out of here. I approach them slowly, so I don't scare them. "Alright girls, my name is Nina, I'm here to help you."

      The oldest of the girls, Aria, looks at me skeptically. "How do we know you're telling the truth?"

     I shake my head. "You don't. I don't have a badge or anything that could prove it. But, I'm going to ask you guys to trust me anyways. I know it's hard, but we need to get you out."

        "How are you planning on doing that?," Riley asks. "Vincent is guarding us."

         "This is the part where you'll have to trust me. What I need you guys to do is stay very quiet and do everything I say. Okay?"

      The girls think about it for a moment before nodding. I'm sure that they're thinking things couldn't possibly get any worse for them, but at least they have a chance to go home.

       I turn around and stick my hand down my dress, before pulling the gun out. I open the door and hold the gun up. When Vincent turns around, he looks at me with wide eyes. He's about to yell when I turn the safety off.

        "Don't do anything you'll regret," I say. He holds his hands up and I instruct him to come into the room.

         Slowly, he follows my instructions. I shut the door just incase. "Girls go stand by the door."

       They scramble to follow my instructions.

         I approach Vincent and search him for any weapons. I find a gun and a switch blade. Perfect.

         I hand him the pocket knife. "I want you to cut strips off the sheets."

        "Why would I do that?"

          "Because I have a gun in your face?"

            He grumbles something under his breath, but does as I ask. I take the pocket knife from him when he's done.

            "Alright, sit on the ground," I instruct him. "Put your hands behind your back."

       He doesn't try to fight me. I go behind him and use part of the sheets to tie his wrists. Then I tie around his eyes and then his mouth before moving to his ankles and doing the same.

       Where he's sitting is right in front of the closet, so I open the door and drag him into the closet. I throw the rest of the sheets in there with him. After shutting him in, I turn to the girls.

         "Help me move the bed in front of the closet."

          With their help, we are able to position the bed in front of the closet. If he's able to get out of his restraints, it'll still take a while for him to get out of the closet.

          "Okay," I turn around, "We still need to take down Enzo. I need to take you guys to a different part of the house, so if somebody comes up here it'll look like you guys got away."

       They don't say anything, they just nod. I wish there was more I could say to make them feel better, but now isn't the time. When Enzo's in custody, I'll comfort them.

      I open the bedroom door again and point to the spiral staircase. "Go up those as quietly as you can," I whisper. The stairs are metal, so this is going to be a bit more difficult.

       I go first, since I don't know if anybody is up there. I have to tiptoe since I'm wearing heels. The girls follow me and thankfully, they remain very quiet. When I get to the top, there's a glass door. I shove it up and crawl out onto the rooftop. There's nobody out here.

          It's just a spot to look out at the ocean, but it'll do. There's no way of escaping other than the staircase, so if anybody goes looking for them, they won't think of them coming up here. The girls follow me up and I instruct them to stay low.

        "Go over into that corner. Stay low and stay quiet. I have to go back downstairs but I swear I will be back for you guys. I just have to make sure it's safe first."

        They huddle into the corner and don't say anything. Can't say I blame them.

        I go back down the stairs after shutting the door. Once I'm back in the room, I turn the gun's safety back on.

       Time to make it look like they got free. Using all of my weight, I smash the butt of the gun into the window.

       They definitely make this look easier in the movies. Some of the glass cracks, but not enough. I smash the gun into window again, making it crack even more. I hit it again, this time I'm much closer. For the final hit, I use my elbow so I don't accidentally throw my gun out of the window. My skin starts stinging, but I clear the window of any glass.

      "If anybody is listening, now is the time. Make your way to the second floor," I say, hoping they can hear me through the collar.

       I hear somebody's footsteps approaching. "Keep running girls," I yell as the door opens. "Go get help."

      I turn the safety of the gun back off and turn around with it raised. Enzo sent one of his friends to check on the noise.

       "There's no way they were able to make that jump," he laughs.

      "I know. Why do you think the sheets are gone?," I ask.

      His face falls and even when I have a gun pointed at him, he reaches for his own. As he's pointing it at me, I shoot him in the shoulder and the knee.

       He falls to the ground and lets go of his own gun. I take it from him before moving downstairs.

         A shot goes off and I run down the stairs. Enzo's standing over Alex, about to shoot him again. Instead, that's when the rest of his team comes. Levi shoots Enzo twice and before I know it, everyone has their guns out. It's pure chaos and everyone downstairs has now heard the gun fight.

       I shoot somebody that is about to shoot Parker. Somebody gets Levi in the shoulder. Matt takes somebody down. I take out the final guy and then run to Alex.

         I put pressure on his stomach while the others grab the guns before people start retaliating. They may be injured, but they can still shoot.

         "Hey," I say to Alex, "The girls are safe. You better stick around so they can thank you."

         He lets out a pained laugh. "Why would they thank me? You did most of the work."

         Blood is gushing through my fingers and Matt comes to my side. "I'm going to get him to the hospital. You go take care of the girls."

       I nod. Alex needs his brothers right now. Matt takes my position of putting pressure on his wound, while I make my way up to the roof.

       The girls are terrified until they see it's me. I walk slowly towards them and sit down.

"They're going to work on notifying your families," I say quietly. "We're going to the hospital and hopefully they'll be able to meet us there."

         I move back slightly, and the girls think I'm going to leave again.

"Please," Sophia grabs my hand, "Don't leave us."

         I nod. "I'll stay with you guys, don't worry. I won't leave that hospital until all of your families show up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
130K 3.5K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
470K 13.7K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1.7M 56.5K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...