Emerald Assassin X Avengers (...

By millb321

"What's that on your shirt...?" "Would you believe me if I said red paint?" "Is it paint?" "...yes?" Meet... More

Introductions
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
Bonus scene #1
Bonus scene #2
Bonus scene #3
Bonus scene #4
Bonus scene #5
New Book!!!

8

21.6K 634 169
By millb321

Ashlyn's pov:

Ash watched through the camera as Bucky found Nat's body. She watched as he read the note that she left. She saw as he showed the rest of the Avengers the note. She couldn't hear what they were saying but she could tell by the looks on their faces that she had caught them off guard.

"So what do we do now?" Maya asked as she watched the footage on the camera from behind Ash's shoulder.

"Let's let them make the next move, they still owe me one and a half million dollars." With that, Ash closed the laptop smirking.

Avenger's pov:

The team had taken Nat back to the tower, she was currently laying in the Med-Bay still unconscious. The rest of the team were standing around her arguing about their next plan of action.

"I'm not giving her my money" Tony stated.

"But she beat Nat!" Sam said, exasperated at him.

"I'm not paying a criminal."

"SHE BEAT THE BLACK WIDOW!!"

"I agree with Sam. If we don't pay her, she's going to get angry." Bucky pointed out.

"I'm not giving her a single dollar," Tony huffed.

"We definitely don't want her as any enemy, that's for sure," Steve said looking down at his unconscious friend.

"I'm still not sure how she even managed to beat Nat, is that even possible?" Clint asked as he also looked down at Natasha.

"However she did it, we gotta watch our backs with this one," Sam said.

"Guys, guys, guys, we are the Avengers right?" Tony asked, looking around at all of them. When they all nodded he continued "We can take down a petty thief."

"You're seriously gonna say that after she took down Nat?!" Sam's eyes widened. The team was so engrossed in this debate that they didn't notice Nat slowly waking up.

"So what do we know so far?" Steve asked to try and keep Sam and Tony from killing each other.

"She has blonde hair and blue eyes, around 20 years old, does missions for money, and took down Nat," Clint responded.

"I think we might have to revisit the whole looks thing." Nat choked out as she sat up in the hospital bed.

"Nat! What happened?" Clint asked as he pulled Nat into a hug.

"She's enhanced," Nat said, looking at her team.

"What do you mean enhanced?" Wanda asked.

"She changed her appearance at will and turned invisible. She also had some kind of tech on the palms of her hands that shocked me hard enough to knock me out," Nat responded as she rubbed her eyes.

"Changed her appearance? What did she look like?" Steve asked.

"The girl at the coffee shop, with the dark brown hair and the brown eyes. She was wearing the blue flannel shirt." Nat said looking at Bucky who nodded in recognition.

"Tony, can you pull up the footage from the camera at the coffee shop?" Bucky asked, turning to Tony.

"'Course I can, Cupcake." Bucky rolled his eyes as Tony told JARVIS to pull up the footage. The team watched as the video started playing.

"Stop," Nat told Tony as the girl came into view. JARVIS zoomed in on the girl's face.

"Wait! I know her!" Pietro called out as everyone turned to look at him but he was looking at Wanda.

"The day you told me to go for a walk, I went to the Starbucks downtown and she was there with another girl."

"JARVIS, pull up footage from the Starbucks downtown on the day Pietro went," Tony called, the video started playing and when the two girls sat down at the booth Tony called for the video to pause.

"Who's the other girl?" Bucky asked as the video zoomed in on The girl's faces.

"JARVIS runs facial recognition on both girls," Tony called out and JARVIS immediately got to work. It was a few moments before the AI spoke again.

"There is nobody with these facial structures in your systems sir," the AI told them leaving the team shocked.

"How is that possible?!" Tony was very confused.

"JARVIS can you look through all the security cameras in the city and try to find one of these girls again?" Bucky asked the AI. There was another moment of silence while JARVIS got to work again. A few moments later the AI spoke again.

"There are a few matches on the girl to the right, always going to the same supermarket."

"JARVIS, give us coordinates for the supermarket and the next time she will likely show up there."

Maya's pov:

---(time skip)---

"And we need strawberries and also chocolate chips," Ash called out from the couch as Maya wrote the items on a piece of paper. Once every few weeks Maya would go to the supermarket to get food for the next month. Today was that day and Ash was helping her make sure they wouldn't miss anything.

"Don't forget to get more bread too!" Liam called out from upstairs.

"Ok, I think I got everything down. I'll be back soon, please don't blow anything up while I'm gone!" Maya said in a pointed voice and Ash gave her a thumbs up not looking away from the TV. Maya didn't have a real driver's license, but she was able to create a fake one. She hopped in the car and made her way to the store.

---(time skip)---

Maya walked through the aisles of the store picking up different food items as she passed and placing them into the cart. She felt like someone was watching her, so she checked her surroundings as she continued through the store. As she was debating between mini chocolate chips and regular chocolate chips something caught her eye. The same man had walked past her multiple times but hadn't picked anything up. She decided to double-check that she wasn't just being paranoid. Grabbing a pack of mini chocolate chips, she threw them in the cart and walked through the different aisles. 

When the man followed her through the same aisle three times, she figured it was okay to panic. Pulling out her phone she sent a quick message to Ash telling her that there was somebody following her before placing her phone back in her pocket. She stopped in the frozen food section and pretended to examine the different ice cream flavors. The man stopped in the same aisle as her and began looking through the frozen pizzas. But Maya could feel his eyes on her from behind his sunglasses. Maya focused on the ice cream until she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need you to come with me." The man took off his glasses and Maya recognized him as Sam Wilson, or as he was more commonly known as, the Falcon.

"Why should I?" She shot back at him and turned back to the ice cream. She placed the vanilla one in the cart and kept walking down the aisle away from the man. However, her hopes of getting away from him were short-lived when he caught up with her and started walking beside her.

"Don't make this any harder than it has to be," Sam told her in a calm voice looking straight ahead before them.

"What do you want with me?" Maya asked as she stopped in front of the fruit aisle and started looking through the apples, placing a few of them in a bag and setting it down in the cart.

"Just looking to ask you a few questions" Sam responded, also looking through the fruits.

"And if I refuse?" Maya asked, now looking through the avocados.

"Then we will be forced to use alternative methods to gain your cooperation" Sam responded, keeping his voice calm.

"Kidnapping?" Maya asked, now picking out a box of strawberries and placing it in the cart "You know that's illegal, right?"

"Not kidnapping, Just... escorting you elsewhere without permission." Sam finally stopped to look at her, but she kept her focus on the blueberries.

"That sounds a lot like kidnapping to me," Sam smirked but Maya pretended not to notice as she picked out a box of blueberries and set it in the cart next to the strawberries.

"I think we both know what, or rather who, the questions will be about," Sam added ignoring her comment.

"Listen man, I don't know if you need relationship advice or whatever, but kidnapping is not the way to go," Maya responded to him and she started walking over to the bread aisle. Sam gave her an unamused look but she just turned and started looking through the different bread options.

"Your little friend," Sam stated obviously hoping to get a reaction out of her but she just grabbed a loaf of whole wheat bread and started reading the ingredients.

"Why is there no information on either of you?" Sam asked again, trying to get her to talk.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean" Maya stated in a convincing voice as she set the whole wheat bread in the cart and kept walking further down the aisle. She could feel her pocket buzzing and she guessed that Ash was texting to make sure she was alright. After strolling through a few more aisles with Sam strolling not far behind, she proceeded to make her way toward the cashier. After she had paid and grabbed the bags of food and walked out to her car. She placed the bags in the back of her car and pulled out her phone blocking Sam's view of herself with the car door. 

She texted Ash that she was fine and to stay hidden and then dropped her phone in the nearest shopping bag. As she closed the door and made her way to the driver's seat she was stopped by Sam who was leaning against the door.

"Can you move please?" Maya crossed her arms on her chest.

"Why?" Sam asked in a casual tone.

"Because I want to go home," Maya responded as if it were the easiest thing in the world

"Take me with you?" Sam asked although it was more like a demand.

"Stranger danger" Maya responded walking to the other side of the car to try and get in through the passenger seat. As Maya went to walk away Sam put a hand on her wrist pulling her back but she yanked her hand out of his grasp.

"Leave me alone," She said angrily, taking a few steps away from him.

"Answer a few questions for me and I will gladly leave you alone."

"Somehow I don't believe you" Maya snarked at him. Before Sam could do so much as blink, Maya punched him in the nose and smirked when she heard it crack. She flipped him over, using his arm so that he landed on his back. Sam groaned and Maya stood up quickly but before she could take out her car keys, she felt something sharp touch her neck. She turned around only to find the winter soldier standing in front of her with an empty syringe in his metal hand.

"Oh crap" Maya managed to say before everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 376 29
Ophelia Walker was the oldest daughter of Paul Walker. Ophelia had a little sister named Meadow, who looked up to her for everything. After a stupid...
465 2 11
You were the daughter of Tony Stark, aka Iron Man. When you were eight there was an explosion in a Stark Industries lab giving you super speed. When...
306K 6.6K 43
Y/n is an orphan mutant, her powers first showed When she was 2 and is now 13. She doesn't Have full control of her powers. She has powers or control...
2.3K 64 14
You were one of the best detectives until one day you happened to meet a Hydra member. Ever since that day, nothing has been the same. You have been...