Just Fate

By humanitis

Priya Gupta and Rahul Bhatia, two ordinary people whose families have been friends for a very long time. A c... More

Part One: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Part Two: Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Seventeen

14.8K 432 3
By humanitis

Priya's  POV 

    The lady kept drawing marvellous patterns on my hands with henna. It was absolutley amazing. It is an indian tradition for the bride that the name of their lover is written, hidden between the beautiful patterns of henna. My mind kept wondering how much Alia had changed. She was a bully, and always tried to tare me apart from my current boyfriend. The word itself brought shivers down my spine. She was nicer now, better. But somewhere deep down I knew I believed that it was too good to be true. That it was all fake. Suddenly I heard the lady applying henna on my hand talk to me

    "Sorry what?" I said not hearing what she had said. 

    "I asked if you wanted to add any name to your henna. Any lover?" she asked as with the henna cone shivering in her hands. I smiled but was really confused. I wanted to put Rahul's name on my hand, but what if my parents saw it. But I didn't really put much thought to it. I was happy and excited for me and Rahul so I nodded away anyways. I would deal with my parents later.

    "Actually yeah. Could you put the name Rahul in there?"

    "Absolutley" the woman said carrying on with her work. Speaking of the devil. Rahul hand't stopped staring at me since we entered the ceremony. He kept sending me cute smiles and winks, making me blush everytime. There was something about him. He made me happy just by being around, he made me happy just by existing. I was deep in my thoughts untill the lady woke me up again.

    "I'm done. I hope you like it." she said sounding a but scared. But I loved it. I nodded with a big smile and left her to attend the next girl in line. She had hidden Rahul's name near the fourth finger of my left hand. I walked around looking for Rahul but I couldn't find him anywhere. All off a sudden I felt a hand pull me and take me inside an isolated room, like a storage room by the poolside. I recognised him immediatley by the touch of his hand on my waist and the trail of kisses he instantaneousley left at the back of my neck. I chuckled and turned around pushing away a little bit.

    "So what, you won't let me kiss you now?" he said as I walked back.

    "No, there is just something you need to find before you kiss me again. And if you don't find it, then you can't kiss me." I said teasingly. 

    "Then tell me my lady, what am I supposed to find in order to kiss you again." He said looking a bit irritated. 

    "Your name" I said putting my hands infront of him. He immediatley smiled and grabbed my waist again, pulling me so close to him.

    "So now your hiding my name in you hand eh? You do know what this means right? You..." he said smirking. I know what he was going to say. He was going to say that I love him, it was true. But I wasn't going to let him get away  that easy.

    "That I think your my boyfriend. Yeah. Thats all. Now find you name." I demanded. He smiled and took my hands gently in search for his name in the small font of henna. 

    It only took him a minute before he spotted his name right underneath my fourth finger. 

    "How did you find it so fast?" I asked curiousley.

    "Well you know what they say, if we find the name quickly it means we were menat to be together. I guess thats a good sign." I laughed instantly at his cheesy words, to which I responded.

    "And who exactly said this?" I asked sarcastically.

    "Me" he said which made me laugh even more before he continued "And my love for you." He said as he cupped my face bringing it closer to his. "Now your turn. Tell me, why did you get my name on your hand anyways?" He asked me waiting for me to tell him what I felt for him. But I wasn't that easygoing.

    "Well the fact that your my boyfriend. Oh and I need you to get me a drink since I can't use my hands for a while." I said bringing up my hands emphasising the henna. 

    "Don't play smart Gupta. Tell me. Now." He said a bit more serious. So I finally let him have it.

    "Fine. I did it, because...." I started feeling nervous as the next words came out of my mouth "Because, I love you, Rahul Bhatia." Before I even finished my sentence his lips were pressed against mine, kissing me strongly. His grip still tight around my waist and my hands strongly around his neck. He pushed back a little our heads still touching, looked down at my eyes, filled with lust and said.

    "I love you too, Priya gupta." his voice was filled with desperacy and love. And just like that we were interrupted again. An employee suddenly opened the door and stood paralized as he saw me and Rahul making out. We instantly separated and hurried out the room before he got a chance to complain or tell us off. We walked back into the poolside where everyone was still singing and having fun. All the ladies in queue to get henna on their hands or sitting around the bride observing her henna, and the men were surrounding the bar, with glasses of whine and beer.

    The ceremony ended around five hours later as I walked to my room with Rahul desperate to sleep. Obviousley sleep was the last thing I would be doing since my nextdoor neighbour was quite a distraction. I was about to open the door when a familiar voice came running behind. We looked back and found Alia running down the passage stopping us. When she reached us, she catched her breath and her horrible mouth opened to speak

    "Oh guys. Priya and Rahul. I can't believe you are still friends. After all that happened with Michaela I figured you would be done with eachother." She said with a wicked smile. We both stood in shock. How the hell did she know about Michaela? We hadn't talked to her since we were seven. I looked at Rahul and both of our expressions were the same. Our mouths were open and just as we were about to ask how she knew another familiar voice was walking towards us. I was shocked to see who it was. Michaela. Voldemort. 

    She came down the hall wearing a slutty navy dress that was sleeevless and reached upto her knees. My veins tensed up as I remembered everything Michaela had made me go through. I looked up at Rahul but he was just angry. He held my waist and pulled me closer to him. 

    "Oh come on Rahul,  thats no way to greet your ex-girlfriend is it?" she said as he walked towards us, her five inch heels clicking with every move she took. 

    "You are no ex-girlfriend Michaela. Your just another slut who like our friend Alia here, was jealous of my closeness with Priya and tried to separate us" He left me in shock. He just called Voldemort a slut. Wow. She was now standing right infront of us, next to Alia. 

    "Come on Rahul, I know you want me back. And I'm happy to get back with you sweety" she said now getting closer to Rahul, holding his clothes. The pit in my stomach started pulling, hard as she touched him. But he immediatley grabbed her hand and through it away. To which she reacted unexpectedly. I saw it coming. She lifted her hand and was about to slap him when I did something I always wanted to do to Michaela. I slapped her before she could lay a hand on my boyfriend. On my lover. Rahul was suprised too. Her eyes widened as the next words shot from her mouth

    "You bitch, how dare you touch me." she said as her aim to slap was now towards me. But Rahul held her hand just in time and pushed her away, making her collapse to the ground. 

    "Don't you dare touch my girlfriend you whore." he said pushing me behind him. It made a wide smile come across my face as I held his hand. Alia helped Michalea up, and just before they walked away she threatened us

    "You won't get away with this easy, I will make sure I destroy you both" she said as she walked away with Alia. Rahul turned to face me and immediatley forced his lips into mine. 

    "Are you ok? That was quite a slap" he asked, concerned and smiling. I smiled as the image of me slapping Michaela and  him calling me his girlfriend and protecting me flew back into my head.

    "I'm better than ok. I can't believed we just did that." I said as I smiled, making him smile too. 

    "I love you" he said coming closer to my face.

    "I love you too" I replied as he leaned in and kissed me again. Fiercly, passionatley. I walked back and opened the door to my room, and before I knew it I was against the wall, my legs wrapped around his waist as he kissed me everywhere. He made me feel protected against the world. He made me feel safe. And there I was again. In love with Rahul Bhatia. But this time I wasn't the only one. We were both in love with eachother. 

Rahul's POV

    I woke up as the sunlight stung my eyes but just as I was about to move, I felt a weight around my chest. I looked down and saw the hands of the most beautiful girl in the world, wrapped around my chest and hear head lying peacefully on my shoulder as she slept. She looked gorgeous, even when she slept. I couldn't help but kiss her forehead gently, enough to make her smile. She kissed my shoulder and slowly opened her eyes. 

    "Morning beautiful" I said as she looked at me, her eyes filled with lust. 

    "Morning handsome" she said leaning in to kiss me. We sat in bed for a while as I stroked her hair gently until life separated us again. Her phone started ringing. I was guessing it was her mother, I was pretty sure I was going to have to leave the gorgeous love of my life again. She moved up to her night stand and answered it. But she didn't seem like she was talking to her mother. She was a bit shocked.

    "Wait what? Are you crazy? What do you mean your getting married to Martin next week?..... Karina.....but......but you don't know him......Karina..........fine! I'll be there. Yes. Yes. Ok. Bye" Now I had no idea who she was talking to. 

    "Hey, what happend? Who was that?" She covered her head with her hand before she answered.

    "That, was my cousin. Karina. Before I left for Madrid I caught her and my assistant Martin making out. I didn't mind but they had just met eachother and now she calls me to tell me that she is getting married to him, next weekend."

    "Well isn't that supposed to be good news" I said as she slipped back in to my arms her head lying on my chest.

    "It is, but she barely knows the guy. And.... she is doing it secretley because her parents didn't agree to the matrimony. So basically she is running away." She said looking a bit worried. I pulled up her chin to face me as I carresed her cheeks.

    "What are you going to do?" I asked her.

    "Well there isn't much I can do. As much as I think this is a stupid idea, she is the best cousin I have, and she has always been there for me. So I am going to go to her wedding and support her. And she better make me her made of honor" she said making me chuckle. I kissed her forehead again before she spoke again. "Hey, will you come with me? I mean she gets married in Vancouver next weekend. We should be back by then so" I looked into her eyes and smiled

    "Ofcorse I will. Anything for my girlfriend." she smiled and blushed a little. "I love you" I said making her blush even more. She looked up at me 

    "I love you too" she said kissing the tip of my nose. "But, what are we going to do about Voldemort now that she is back?" she said looking a bit worried. I had totally forgotten about her arrival. I didn't believe she could be this much of a bitch. I smiled at Priya making her feel more comfortable as I kissed her lips 

    "Nothing will separate us now, so she is no threat. Don't worry. As long as your with me, your safe from that whore.Besides, you've got quite the karate skills" She gave me a comforting smile and kissed my cheek softly. Her touch made me shiver. I didn't have enough words to express how much I loved her. I would do anything to keep her safe, absolutley anything. I wasn't letting go of her now, ever. 

    In the blink of an eye, we were tucked back into bed repeating the same activities as yesturday night. And this time there, were no interruptions. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

719K 32.5K 53
[Edited • Completed • Revised] When twenty four years old software engineer, Shree Jaisingh is proposed to marry an equally talented, young and fortu...
2.6M 120K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...
338K 13.1K 29
Anjali and Aditya met in college and became good friends from the start. Just as their relationship is about to take a turn and they start to develop...
228K 17.6K 53
[Arranged Marriage Series-3] It is their first marriage. Can they be each other's second love? Saira is both the princess of her house and a highly r...