Ghostly Whispers

Af Passing_Ghost_Friend

Izuku has a ghost quirk. Simple as that. He works as a bartender when he grows up, but also helps with the po... Mere

Izuku gets his quirk. No one believes him
Deku is Apparently His Name Now
Izuku Almost Dies
Izuku Becomes a Helper!
Ten Years into the Future
K
Meet Your Partner
Finding Something Lost
Follower Meeting
Cliche Fighting
It Started
Ready?
Showtime!
K's Weakness
Finding Out K's Weakness
Midoriya Izuku vs K
Aftermath
Epilogue

Hacker Captured

6.7K 330 112
Af Passing_Ghost_Friend

Izuku was resting at home after returning back from his work the next night. Tsukauchi has been giving him small updates, but nothing major has gone down yet. They are still uncovering a few hints or clues to where the hacker might be hiding.

He thought that it might take another day until his phone starting ringing at five in the morning.

Izuku shot away, pulling himself into a seating position to grab his phone on the nightstand. Izuku checked the phone to see it was Tsukauchi before answering quickly, "Hello?"

"We got the hacker," Tsukauchi voice came out from the speaker.

"Really? When? How?" Izuku asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he listened intently to what Tsukauchi was about to say.

Tskuachi answered, "We finally caught her, but it was only after she killed someone. Apparently, she might have been affected by the curse herself when she was hacking it into the websites. Either way, we have her at the station. We informed Bakugo already about the development."

Izuku asked, already standing up to get to his closet. "Do you need me to come in right away? I can, I just have to get dressed,"

"That would be appreciated. We might be able to use your expertise. It might be possible that K is still affecting her body since most of the time, these cases always ends up in suicide after a murder takes place. Or we could all be wrong, and she isn't possessed as of right now." Tsukauchi explained.

Izuku hummed, picking up a shirt and pants before throwing them on his bed, "I'll be right there to help. Give me...fifteen minutes? Bye."

"Goodbye. See you then," Tsukauchi said before hanging up, saving Izuku alone to change haphazardly into random clothes he chose in the dark. Hopefully it wasn't too crazy.

*

Izuku arrived breathless to the station in some acid wash jeans and an old All Might shirt with the graphic mostly rubbed off by now. He was glad he didn't pick anything obnoxious when he was frantically grabbing stuff in the dark.

"Pfft. Nice outfit," Bakugo's familiar voice came from behind him followed by a yawn.

"Why aren't you in your hero costume? You have been dressed in it for the last few times when dealing with the case." Izuku questioned. The only time he dressed up casually was when he visited the bar, but he only suspected that it was to not draw any attention.

"They didn't need Ground Zero, they needed Bakugo Katsuki to debrief in the situation. I'm just here to see what the new information is.if they need the hero to step in, I have my hero costume for an easy change if needed in my duffel bag," Bakugo said, patting the duffel bag resting on his hip.

Izuku smiled, "That's good,"

"What's good? The fact I'm not in my hero costume?" Bakugo asked with furrowing brows.

"No. The thought of you knowing when to turn off the hero stuff," Izuku snapped his fingers, trying to say what he wanted to mean but not finding the right words, "Like you knowing when to just be who you are. Some people don't really tune off the personality, but you are still the same. Your personality never changed to seem appealing to others because you are still yourself. And you just know when to turn it off unlike others who push themselves too hard sometimes...Do you get what I mean or do I just sound crazy?"

"I'm thinking both," Bakugo smirked, bumping his shoulder to pass him to get to the inside of the station first. Izuku froze a bit before walking in after him.

"Perfect, right on time, Tsukauchi was going to start interrogating the hacker. Sansa will take you to the room behind the two way mirror for you to hear and see it for yourselves. He will call you two into the room if he needs any help with the interrogation."

Sansa simply asked them to follow him and it didn't take them any time to reach their destination. Sansa escorted them in for them to see Tsukauchi's back facing the hacker. The hacker looked pretty standardly normal except for her eyes. On the file in front of them, they supposedly had brown eyes, but they looked very red under the intense lights in the interrogation room. It might just be the lighting or she must have a lack fo sleep, but it did make Izuku worried. Didn't K have red eyes?

"So Miss. Grey. Do you mind telling me why you think you are here now?"

"Oh, I haven't the slightest clue, officer. Why don't you tell me?"

"Oh, this will last a while. Mind as well pull up a seat," Bakugo grunted, flopping back into the chair and shoving his bag on the ground. Izuku frowned before sitting down as well, focusing on the aura the hacker put off. When he saw her that night, she had nothing like he was feeling right now. It felt more dangerous, desperate, and it didn't feel like it belonged to her.

"You are here because you are part of an investigation. You are currently a suspect,"

"Oh, do tell me more. Is the investigation about the murder? Oh no! I've been arrested for homocide! What ever will I do?" The hacker acted dramatically before chuckling.

"Is she fucking crazy or something?" Bakugo asked roughly.

Izuku had a hunch, a really bad one. "Kacchan, I don't think that she is in control," Izuku admitted, staring at the hacker. He watched as a movement almost seemed to mick hers, like a badly performed puppet show with a master pulling the strings too harshly.

Bakugo stared at him before his eyes widened a bit, "Are you saying?"

"Stay here. Be my backup if anything happens. I need to deal with it before K kills the only lead we have left," Izuku replied.

"Deku-," Bakugo started, reaching out his hand to stop him.

Izuku turned back to face him while he had his hand on the doorknob, "Just give me a minute before rushing in, okay? Trust me."

Bakugo groaned before relenting. "I give you thirty seconds, after that I am coming to help."

Izuku nodded. "That would be enough time for me."

Bakugo gave him a stare, "29...28."

Izuku rushed out to the hallway to get into the interrogation room. He kept mumbling to himself if his plan would actually worked.cit has worked before when he accidentally pushed a ghost. He could make contact with them just like they can make contact with him when they are close enough to him and their emotions are strong. He just hopes that his theory is right and that he wasn't about to push a grown woman out of her seat for no reason other than acting crazy.

"Midoriya, What-?"

Izuku rushed across to the room to physically push the spirit out of the hacker. "Get out of here, K."

K's ghost seemed to seepage out of amiss agrey's body in slow motion. One moment she has red eyes, but in the other moment the red eyes were now facing him on the familiar face of the infamous killer. Miss Grey's eyes returned to normal while she rubbed her head. Tsukuachi went to help her up while Iuku was still staring at K intensely.

K seemed to look shocked for a moment before smirking, holding back a laugh while Izuku heard Bakugo approaching the door. Once Bakugo opened the door worriedly, K disappeared from Izuku's sight with a few chilling words.

'You seem very interesting, Midoriya'

*

After that, Bakugo came rushing in to check the situation. Izuku waved him off, saying that K was gone which caused the woman to physically calm herself doesn't. She was cam enough to actually respond honestly to Tsukauchi about what happened to her.

She explained she was part of a tech company that dealt with viruses. She was known across the office a s being very good at coding, able to hack into computers to stop viruses at their core. Last week, she came across an article that seemed to have a computer virus attached to it in some way from what she could tell. She went in to try to stop it, but she ended up reading it uncontrollably. Next thing, she knew that her body seemed to have been taken over.

She had brief memories of meeting at a building while working on the document to cause it to hack into places to make it more known. She remembered bits and pieces of things between Last week and now the one who she ended up killing was of her coworkers that she never quite got along with and came to check on why she was missing from work.

She eventually revealed, much to the horror of the ones listening, that K is planning something big.

"He plans to collect as many souls as possible. That's why his followers have been trying to force people to wreak the document. Once he gets them, he gets their souls." Miss Grey said.

Tsukauchi asked, "Why does he need them? What is he doing this for?"

"He is trying to use them to conjure up a new resurrected body from their old ones combined with their lost souls that wander between the living and afterlife." The hacker revealed, "I heard his thoughts while he was inside of my head, he wants to have a strong powerful body like the ones that the old league of villains had. The nomus. He saw them years ago, and have always craved for an impenetrable body for himself."

Bakugo listened to all she explained. If that was true, this K guy was looking to become a powerful Nomu, and not only that he was planning to basically take over people's mind. Create his own little world of zombies with him as the impenetrable king.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Izuku admitted. K wanted to basically create an undead, unstoppable Nomu to house his spirit so he can wreak havoc on the living world. And with the propel being influenced by his last words, there won't be enough people awake enough to stop him.

*

After the long interrogation, Izuku invited Bakugo over to his house to unwin and talk further about the case. Bakugo didn't voice his agreement, but the rumbling in his stomach made it obvious that Izuku had a deal as long as he had food.

Once they arrived, Hisashi's welcoming smile fell.

"Hello, my wonderful," Hisashi greeted with a smile before his expression fell from looking at Bakugo's face, "What the fuck, son?"

Izuku smiled, "Don't worry, dad. He is my partner on the case I'm working on,"

"You told me about the case, you just didn't tell me your old bully was your partner. If you did, he would have faced me already." Hisashi replied, clawing at the air towards Bakugo. "Once I get my hands on him..."

Izuku whispered, "He isn't a bully anymore dad. We are grown adults now I'm a grown adult, he is an adult, and he apologized already for it."

Hisashi glared at Bakugo who was greeting Inko in the kitchen. "Hmmm. Fine, I'm keeping my eye on him though. The entire time he is here, I will be watching him. Like a hawk watching a mouse or whatever they eat. They eat mouse, right?"

Izuku rolled his eyes fondly at his father before looking over to see his mother sit Bakugo down with some rice. "Sit down, Izuku. I'll cook you two something to eat."

Hisashi dramatically gasped, "Honey, I know you can see or hear me, but I want you to know that you are defending me here. It hurts my achy breaky heart."

Inko looked over to the couch see part of the blanket floating, "Darling, calm down."

Hisashi looked towards her with a ghostly smile that was returned with her own. She might not be able to see or hear her ghost husband, but she can feel him. She feels his presence by the mirror in the bathroom every morning. She sometimes sees how random or light objects will start to float around her without her using her quirk in the slightest. Inko always loved how she would wake up in the couch after falling asleep watching the television with a blanket wrapped around her that Izuku admitted that he didn't do.

Bakugo and Izuku worked on the case after Kenner on the couch. Izuku did most of the analysis while Bakugo informed every person in the hero business she knew to spread the world about an incoming attack that might happen anytime now. Miss grey might not be inhabited by K anymore, but the hacker document will still be able to launch this rattack if Miss Grey can't stop it in time. Miss Grey apparently hurt her dominant wrist by spraining it while she...killed her coworker which will hinder her typing ability.

Hopefully the cyber attack with K's last words don't happen as soon as they think it might.

*

Hisashi yawned as he escaped the old shared bedroom his wife was sleeping in soundly. He smiled as he visited his son's room only to find him missing from the bed. Curious, he crept out to the living room to see why he was gone from his room.

His son was resting his head on Bakugo's shoulder while the latter's head was tipped back onto the back cushions of the sofa. Bakugo's arm was wrapped around his son like he was holding a teddy bear to his chest. Hisashi squinted at Bakugo, flicking his forehead only to see his finger go through. Breathing out, he placed a blanket over the both of them.

Hisashi looked back at the two, "Maybe the kid changed after all of these years. Maybe he can actually be someone worth counting on..."

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

20K 1.1K 23
A vigilante at UA?! Crazy right but not excatly for Izuku. He was not only the adoptive son of Nezu but also thought about quite a way to get even mo...
172K 5K 33
"so what you are saying is that Bakugo is a fully trained body guard, Midoriya is one of the four states of matter and is being hunted to be turned i...
2K 30 22
After all might told Izumi that she couldn't be a hero without a quirk and bakugo told her to jump off the roof for a chance at a quirk in her next l...
268K 10.3K 13
Izuku quit dreaming of becoming a pro hero after three times of being denied. He decided to screw it, and just be normal. He has part time jobs, he r...