Newtmas Oneshots

By Itsalarrypotterthing

**maze runner** I read too much and got obsessed with another fandom. here we go again. Honestly, I won't lie... More

a/n
I Swear I Won't Forget You, Angel (๐Ÿ’›)
You're Not Allowed To Do That Again (๐Ÿ’›)
I'll Always Protect You (๐Ÿงก)
Truth Or Dare (๐Ÿ’›)
Soulmate (๐Ÿงก)
I Miss Him! (๐Ÿ’›)
Alive Once Again (๐Ÿ’›)

Please... Don't Leave Me (๐Ÿ’›)

428 9 6
By Itsalarrypotterthing

Summary: Newt breaks up with Thomas because he believes he deserves better.

Where: The Glade

Words: 1447

(sorry for this loves, it's a sad one only because hurt/comfort is my shit)

TW: Starvation, like one of them starves themself; they don't eat enough.

-----

Thomas has just had a really shitty day so far.

The only thing he was looking forward to was meeting up with Newt in the forest at night like they always did. Those moments were the highlight of his day, and truthfully, the brunet believed he'd never make it without Newt.

Of course, this wasn't always a good thing, with death always right around the corner and Newt could decide that Thomas wasn't worth it and break up. Thomas just hoped that it wasn't any time soon.

He muttered goodbye to Chuck and quicked his pace to the forest. As he pushed aside branches and kicked aside rocks, he thought about how it would be the night he wanted to tell Newt he loves him.

The two have been together for almost three months, and Thomas knew he loved Newt. He loved him more than life itself, which wasn't saying much considering their positions, but it was enough.

The boy reached their spot and his face lit up when he saw Newt. But it slowly fell, when the blond-haired boy wasn't sitting against a tree with a lazy grin but pacing and ringing out his hands.

"Newt?" He asked gently, shoving his hands in his pockets and walking forward. Newt's breath hitched and he looked up with tear-filled eyes.

Thomas panicked. "Newt, babe, what's wrong?" He used one of his hands to cup the taller boy's cheek and wipe away a stray tear, but Newt pulled back.

"I-I'm sorry, Thomas. We can't do this anymore. We're- We're over."

Thomas slowly dropped his hand, defeated. His own tears welled up so fast and immediately tumbled down. "T-Thomas- you o-only call me T-Tommy," Thomas paused when a wave of emotion crashed over his heart and squeezed tightly making his voice crack. "But w-why? I thought-"

Newt cut him off. "I'm sorry." He took his hand and squeezed gently, then wiped away his tears and kissed his cheek before leaving Thomas alone with his painful misery.

"Please... Don't leave me," he whispered brokenly, but it was too late. Newt already left and took his heart with him.

Thomas screamed. He screamed as loud as he could and kept screaming till his throat was raw and he physically couldn't. Thomas fell to his knees, sobbing quietly. "I love you," he sobbed, struggling to get out words. "I fucking l-love you."

Thomas dragged his tired body over to his and Newt's tree and curled up into the tightest ball he could. He raised a shaky finger and traced the letters he and Newt carved into the softwood.

NEWT + TOMMY

They were wonky, and completely uneven, but pretty and brought another wave of emotion and sadness over Thomas. His heart ached- really, really bad.

-----

Thomas wasn't at breakfast when Newt showed up.

Newt bit his lip and took his food tray from Frypan, thanking him quietly and walking over to where Minho, Alby, Chuck, and a few others sat. He sat next to Chuck and across from Minho and tried not to focus on how hurt Thomas looked when he left him.

And shuck- that scream.

"Where's Thomas?" Chuck asked curiously.

"Yeah, thought he'd come in with you," Minho added. This would have been a ton easier if their relationship had been a secret.

"We- uh-" Newt messed with his food and didn't finish his sentence because Thomas walked in. Minho and the others noticed as well, due to their waves and expressions.

Thomas didn't take a tray. Frypan frowned and offered him an apple instead. Thomas thanked him with a forced smile and glanced over to where Newt and the others sat.

"He looks like he's been crying," Zart frowned, peaking over Alby's head to look at him.

Newt gulped as something inside him make his heart hurt really bad.

Thomas shook his head and walked out without a second glance.

-----

"We broke up," Newt rushed out, trying not to cry. 

He and Minho were in the map room around two weeks later. A lot has happened in those weeks, and it was hard not to notice. Thomas stopped showing up to any meal and has progressively become skinner and skinner. Newt felt like shit too. He wanted to hug his boy and tell him everything would be okay, but every time he tried to convince himself to go talk to him his insecurities protested every single time.

Minho sighed and looked up, brushing his hands on his pants. "You think I don't know that, shuckface?" Minho wanted to be nice, but it was difficult. "I get it. You've got your shucking mind there telling you not to go talk to him but I don't care, Newt. Every time you let your insecurities get the better of you, you make stupid mistakes that result in messes like this. You're my best friend but so is Thomas and I was waiting until you would finally man up and tell me."

Newt froze, tears wanting to slip down his cheeks. "Minho I-"

Minho interrupted. "Slim it there nice and easy, Newt. I don't care what you have to say. But listen to me. Stop sitting around and talk to him. I care about the both of too much to watch you both drown in your sorrows." Minho paused, letting a small smile grace his features. "And don't do this klunk again. You need each other."

Apparently, all Newt needed was for someone to make him realize how selfish and how much of a bloody idiot he'd been. 

----

"TOMMY!" Newt yelled, crashing through the trees. He gasped, completely out of breath but determined to fix things there and now.

"N-Newt?" A voice came, even if slightly weak. Newt stumbled into his and Thomas' signature spot, and what he saw broke his heart even more.

Thomas sat there shaking, shivering, and trembling while curled into a tight ball looking smaller and skinner than ever and most likely colder since the Glade was already fairly cold at night, and the lost weight only made it worse. He had the necklace Newt made him on their first 'date' still on his neck, the charm clutched tightly in his fists. 

"Tommy," Newt breathed out. He rushed over to the shaking boy and sat down, pulling him into his arms. Thomas cried quietly into his shoulder while clutching his t-shirt in his hands tightly and Newt cried into his. 

"I bloody love you, Tommy," Newt whispered. "I love you so much it hurts, lovely, but you're the only one for me and breaking up with you was the worse mistake of my life. Please forgive me, please please, please. I miss you." Newt went on for another few minutes, pouring out his heart and of course understanding if Thomas never wanted to see his face again.

"Shank," Thomas muttered into his neck, pressing a small kiss to the soft skin there. "I'm a mess without you." He pulled away from Newt's shoulder and without hesitating, surged forwards and kissed Newt gently.

Newt immediately kissed back and deepened the kiss as well, wrapping his arms around Thomas's waist tightly and pulling him impossibly closer.

Eventually Newt pulled back. "Love, have you been eating?"

Thomas bit his lip, slowly shaking his head.

Newt furrowed his brows, and went to say something when Thomas spoke first. "D-didn't feel like I-It." His voice was quiet and weak. Newt hated it.

Newt sighed and rubbed his back. "Okay, beautiful. Get some sleep." Thomas knew he was exhausted and must have looked like it too.

"You w-won't leave me, r-right?"

Newt smiled softly and pressed a comforting kiss to his lips. "Never again."

"And N-Newt?"

"Yeah, love?"

"I love you too."

After Thomas fell asleep, Newt stood up with the boy in his arms. He planned to bring him into the homestead and into one of the bedrooms since Thomas was still shivering violently.

Newt would have never been able to carry Thomas normally but he managed this time and got to the bedroom as quickly as possible to avoid running into anyone.

He set Thomas down on the bed and crawled in next to him, then pulled the covers over their bodies. Thomas hummed and snuggled into Newt's chest while fisting his t-shirt.

Newt smiled fondly and pulled him closer by wrapping his arms around his waist. "I love you so much Tommy. Sweet dreams, beautiful."

-----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 1.9K 68
Together Nora and Newt survived it all. The Flare, Cranks, WICKED, everything. Finally, after all their work, they're safe. They arrived in The Safe...
41.1K 665 18
Enjoy!
98.8K 1.5K 32
Maze Runner Imagines and Preferences with a whole lot of junk in between... Give it a try! :D P.s. This book is currently being edited. Chapters mark...
197K 7.5K 34
It's been two years since Newt first woke up to the Glade and, since Alby and he managed to enforce a number of rules to stop anarchy among all the o...