promises | xingyun ✔

By realhatsunemikuu

Chongyun is a new student to Teyvat high, awaiting him is a boy. A boy named Xingqiu. They fall head over hee... More

two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one
epilogue.
ONE LAST THING!!!

one.

5.8K 126 778
By realhatsunemikuu

Xingqiu whined at the ringing of his alarm. The first day of school, back from a whole 3 months of freedom from the dreaded Teyvat high.

56 new messages from "balls:):):)"

so mature. xingqiu rolled his eyes at his groupchat with a ton of friends, too many for him to count. he didn't even bother to scroll all the way up in the chat and only glanced at a couple messages.

balls:):):)
xiangling: whoever changed the groupchat name i'll have your head on a platter.

childe: yotw rex lapis joke wandt funny bye

short emo: bitch talk when you can spell like a normal highschooler 🤨

childe: die.

short emo: gladly! 

venti: stop being suicidal that shit can kill you

short emo: omg !!!! thank you for letting me know i had no idea 🥺🥺🥺

venti: anythjng for my sneakiy link
                                                        xing: what tf..

razor wolf guy idk: bennett killed a bunny on accident he's crying 

benny:LEVWR ME ALONE OUU ASSHEOLE

lumine: shut up omg

aether: lumine stop blasting music. please.

lumine: aether my dear brother.. no.

aether: i'm gonna kill you

lumine: i'd like to see you try.

venti: shut the fuck up im trying to sleep.

xinyan: you gotta get ready yknow.

venti: you aren't my damn mom, i'm gonna skip i hate school.

short emo: no ventu i cant be alone with childe i hate him.

childe: ooo you wanna kiss me so bad ooooooooqoqqooaoaoaoaoaoaoao 🤣🤣🙏🙏

fischl: shut up ginger ass mf

short emo: who are you

venti: fine🖕

Xingqiu laughed by his friends behavior. he was extremely excited to go back to school, not like he liked it so much, he just loved meeting new people and befriending them. He is quite the social butterfly and got along with everyone even though he could be a pain.  He slipped into a oversized sweater and some blue jeans.  his backpack was gross, it had old pieces of gum and post it notes from razor and fischl arguing about how books were lame to xingqiu, a bookworm.  He laughed at these dumb arguments knowing that razor was now a bookworm. Fischl still argues about how books are lame, even though she also tends to lose herself in a book.

After cleaning out his bag, xingqiu packed his essentials.  when he was done he slipped on his shoes and grabbed his lunch.

"someone's in a good mood." xingqius mother teased her youngest son, "at least be glad i don't skip school!" Xingqiu lied, knowing he's skipped a minimum of a thousand times.  His mom made a face in agreement and shooed him off to school, xingqiu pulled out his phone to text xiao.

                                 short emo
are we still gonna walk to school with venti?
                                                   yeah. i'm gonna go to his place to drag him out of bed

me too, i need to whiteness that.

Ventis house was only a small walk. he started to go to his house when he saw xiao on the other sidewalk.

"HI XIAO!" xingqiu waved at him. xiao took one of his earbuds out, and looked away in embarrassment as he illegally crossed the road to get to xingqiu. "very uncalled for asshole." Xiao elbowed xingqiu.

as they walked to ventis house, where xiao was complaining about school the whole time. they finally arrived to see venti sitting on his front porch scrolling on his phone, fidgeting with his shirt.  he finally realized that they were there and ran up to Xingqiu and Xiao.  "hi!" venti said in his usual cheerful tone.  "who do you guys have for homeroom???" Venti asked.

"ms. Jean." Xingqiu and Xiao sighed, knowing she was harshly strict. "stop i do too i hate this huge ass school i'm gonna-" Xiao stopped venti. "be glad you don't have mrs. ningguang for homeroom. total bitch." Xiao mumbled. "nono Zhongli is worse he took our fucking phones." Xingqiu chimed in, venti and xiao made a look that said yeah, i guess you're right.

The trio had talks about their summer, vacations, fights, annoying childe, the normal starter pack for them. Once they arrived Venti pinched his arm whispering some phrase about this being a dream.

Xingqiu led them all to Jeans room while talking to his other friends in the hall. Jean was standing in the hall greeting students back to school, everyone complained about her but xingqiu hid that he favors her over all the teachers at the school.

When people walked in they immediately saw a board with their assigned seats, Xingqiu didn't recognize the name of who was sitting by him. But he let that go and realized xiao and childe were together in seating which made him crack up. The seats were in the back of the room but xingqiu was sure that Jean would still be able to hear them argue.

when xingqiu got to his seat, Childe and Xiao were there but xiao refused to sit down. "xiao sit your ass down i don't bite." childe groaned, "when you were seven you bit my arm because i stole your jade parcels from your racecar lunchbox." Xiao hissed. childe glared at him and shot his eyes to lumine, staring at the board trying to find her name.

"LUMINE! TOP LEFT CORNER!" childe shouted. "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?" Lumine was still clueless. childe sat up and pointed to her name on the board. "THERE. you're sitting next to Amber." childe told her. "good thing i don't have to sit next to the redhead." Lumine mumbled to herself, childe looked back at her with a deathly glare. "repeat what you just said, i dare you blondie."

Lumine stuck her tongue out at him and sat next to amber, who was watching a show on her computer.

suddenly, a boy with light blue hair and icy eyes walked in. Xingqiu looked up from his book just to look at him. Childe whispered in his ear. "got a little crush on the new guy huh?"

"excuse me?" xingqiu flipped him off.

Xingqiu quickly put the pieces together, he realized that the new boy was sitting next to him. Xingqiu got excited, he just loved meeting new people sometimes. and with this new guy, he really showed it. 

                                balls:):):)
lumine: HELPP XINGQIU IS SMILIGM LIKE HES A KINDERGARTENER I CANT.
                                                    xing: i hate you
amber! : atleast he isn't depressed. *cough* *cough* kaeya *cough*

kaeya: well fuck you too

eula???: hi amber

amber!: hi eula :)

childe: xiao is watching furry po

short emo: SROP IM NOT IM WATCHING SUPERNATURA XINGQIU TELL THEM.

xing: he's watching supernatural .

albedo: Kaeya stop touching my hair

kaeya: it smells goof

albedo: idgaf your gonna ruin it asshole

kaeya: i'm sitting right next to you omg.

albedo: Yeah you are but give me personal space

kaeya: we are fucking dating??

albedo: Yeah haha you are my boyfriendddddd

kaeya: you are cute btw

eula???: fucking gays. oh wait i'm lesbian this is embarrassing.

venti: kaeya being gay in groupchat !!REAL!!

benny : shut your gay asses up lady ningguang is looking at me my phone isnd

razor wolf guy idk: bennett you're literally gay you made out with me yesterday

benny: i told you to shut up about that..

aether: you seein this shit lumine?

lumine: hell yeah bro i got screenshots

amber!: you scare me. 

fischl: why is everyone gay

xiangling: it's not thejr fault.. 😕

lumine: aren't you gay xiangling

xiangling: bi

lumine: oh ok

barbara: cope 🤤

hu tao: has anyone seen qiqi lately

barbara: bruh we are at school

hu tao: who said i was there?

fischl: LMAOOO

barbara: y'all can suck it jean is my sister she's gonna go easy on me 💪💪

noelle: you sure?

barbara: positive

noelle: k cause last year she showed the photos of you when you were a baby to our whole class to embarrass you.

barbara: bye.

noelle: i'm not giving you some of my tea at lunch.

barbara: wait no i'm sor

Xingqiu shut off his phone when he saw him walking towards his desk. "excuse me, if i'm right, are you xingqiu? i think i sit here with you" He asked him. "yeah! you are..?" Xingqiu hummed, "chongyun." he replied, "nice to meet you! i'm guessing you're new?" xingqiu asked, "yeah, could you like, help me find my way around please?" chongyun asked as he sat down. "sure. what's your phone number by the way? i wanna get to know you." xingqiu asked. "oh, okay" chongyun grabbed a post-it note and wrote his number on it. "i don't have my phone on me right now so don't lose that." chongyun laughed. the two boys had a discussion about how ridiculously big the school is, and just teyvat in general. it was a large place after all.

"everyone!" Ms Jean entered the room, everyone went silent. "alright. today is the first day of school, if you haven't been dying of brain loss you should know that." a lot of people giggled at her joke, including Xingqiu.
               "as if now, i won't be hard on you. it is the first day and i'm going to give you all a day to just settle in and get used to being here again.  can someone pass around these papers? they have your lockers and combos on them." Jean explained. a lot of people shot their hands up. "alright.. Keqing is it?" Jean pointed at a girl with purple hair in pigtails. "yep." keqing smiled. "alright, just call out names." Jean said.

"okay.. Amber?"

amber got up and grabbed her paper.

she called out names, xingqiu and chongyun looked at their papers. "ooo our lockers are next to eachother!" xingqiu pointed out. "oh that's- cool." chongyun blushed. he was never used to this much attention and enthusiasm from someone he only considered a friend, maybe friendship was always like this. he didn't know. "okay. go out to your lockers and put anything you want in there, in there." Jean ordered as she walked out into the hall.

"okay.. 244 and 245.." xingqiu was looking around. "oh they are right here." chongyun pointed.

Xingqiu but some books into his locker, he also put his lunch and a sweater that will probably stay in his locker for the whole schoolyear.
                   xingqiu realized that chongyun wasn't opening his locker, he was leaning on it. "chongyun?" xingqiu called, "hm?"  "aren't you gonna put anything in your locker or-" xingqiu asked. "eh, i don't want to confuse myself. i can be forgetful sometimes." chongyun explained . "ah, i see." xingqiu shut his locker and walked back into the class room as chongyun followed.

"xiao why is your wallpaper venti" childe held his laughter. "do you live under a damn rock we have been dating for 2 years." xiao pushed childes chair. chongyun just watched them fight back and fourth, the arguing bothered him. he zoned out just staring at the clock, not really enjoying his first day. the only part that really made it enjoyable was xingqiu.

maybe having friends would be better.

maybe.

but maybe not.

what was he to know? having friends was something he had never been good at. By now they would have already been bored of chongyun. and it's only been so long.

"you all have free time for the rest of class. go wherever you want in here. talk to your friends, just keep it down."

chongyun and xingqiu resumed talking when venti swooped by.
                "and who might this be, xingqiu?" venti questioned. "oh- this is chongyun, he's new." xingqiu introduced his new friend. Venti and Chongyun were having normal small talk, then childe came up to venti and whispered something in his ear, to which venti went to xiao and whispered something. "what the hell is up with you." xiao pushed venti, who was still laughing like a little girl. "what did he say..?" chongyun curiously asked. xiao made a disgusted face, "childe said mr. zhongli has fat bal-" childe cut him off. "haha that's funny, did someone hear a unwanted opinion?" childe smirked. "that wasn't an opinion you're just a weirdo." chongyun eyes widened. Xingqiu and Chongyun high fived in sync as if that was all planned, it wasn't. but it just so happened that their minds were thinking similarly.

Lumine and Amber were giggling up a storm in the front of the classroom, causing xingqius attention to draw to them.

"what's so funny lumine?" xingqiu questioned, "OH- it's nothinggggg~" Amber looked back at the boy. Venti raised an eyebrow out of suspicion and got off of xiaos desk to walk over to Amber and Lumine. "why are you two laughing like 10 year olds." Venti put his hands on his hips. xiao whispered something to childes ear, it was only so faint but xingqiu could still hear it. "dude he's so hot when he does that hip thing."

childe punched his arm.

Venti was walking back to the corner of the room in disgust, "what's wrong?" chongyun asked, "it's. its nofing-" Ventis words muffled because of his mouth.  Xiao was smirking but covered his face in response. Venti just stared at him with a confused look and sat on his desk.

"he's just being dramatic, isn't he?" chongyun asked xingqiu, "yeah. i bet amber was watching some show about romance. venti always acts grossed out by those." xingqiu replied, to which chongyun giggled slightly. Xingqiu felt heat rise in his pale cheeks. something about chongyun just made his heart feel all fuzzy, he didn't understand. He had just met him, why did he find him pretty, kind, and a lot of other characteristics? xingqiu covered his face by his sleeve out of embarrassment. why did his mind swirl at the thought of some stupid boy? why this, why what, why him?

"EARTH TO XINGQIU!" chongyun poked the boys shoulder. "what-? oh shit sorry." Xingqiu rubbed his eyes.  "who do you have next? i don't wanna leave youuu." chongyun whined, "oh i have mrs beidou, PE." xingqiu replied. "seriously? i do too." chongyuns eyes lit up. 

"you guys are like two peas in a pod oh my lord" ganyu peaked behind her at chongyun and xingqiu. to which xingqiu rolled his eyes.

"i hope you all weren't having too much fun here, because you have to get to your next class." Jean shooed the class away. "have a good day everyone!"

"so is miss beidou like.. nice or-" chongyun asked, " i mean she's nice, but she has a hatred for the boys sometimes and is like a PREACHER of girl power which is kinda funny." xingqiu laughed. chongyun was looking around in the halls, the unfamiliar faces drove him crazy. the staring, laughing, obnoxiousness, it all bothered him. maybe that's why he was never a fit for school. what was he to know?

"Okay! This is mrs beidou's gym." Xingqiu skipped over to the doors, "you have too much energy." Chongyun sighed, "i think i have a normal amount of energy, maybe you just have too little!" Xingqiu teased. Chongyun sighed in defeat once again knowing that he was probably right. Once everyone was in the gym, mrs beidou got their attention very easily.

clap clap clap her rhythmic sounds roared.

now everyone knew that they had to be with her for the next hour, following her rules.

"i'd like to welcome any new students into the school, i only knew some of you were new because of the attendance list, i didn't recognize your names." mrs beidou rambled, "anyways, show off hands for what we should do today." she continued. a lot of students shot up their hands. "ah- aether is it?" mrs beidou called on the blonde boy, "yes that is me, can we play kickball or just walk, run, whatever on the track?" aether asked. "i like that! alright red line for track, yellow line for kickball." mrs beidou pointed at lines.

Xingqiu quickly ran over to chongyun, who wasn't that far away from him. "Soooo~ what would you like to do? all your choice!" xingqiu hummed, "Uh- walking, i'm not fond of sports." Chongyun confessed. "Hehe, i guess i'm not either!" Xingqiu dragged Chongyun to the red line.

"is that- a little kid?" Chongyun peaked out of the line to glance at the small blonde girl running from Albedo. "oh my god it's klee, albedos little sister-" Xingqiu started laughing, "what? why is she here she looks no younger than five!" chongyun laughed, "she must've came here with jean, like a babysitter thing? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO K-" Xingqiu shut up when Klee had a lighter in her hand. Albedo tried to get closer but the little girl would get upset and click the lighter.

Suddenly, Kaeya came out from the kickball line and followed albedos signals to get Klee.
"Klee. i don't know what you think you are doing or why you are even HERE, but cut the crap and put down the lighter." Albedo sighed, "Literally who is this child." Mrs beidou pointed, "are you- are you talking to me?" childe asked, "No. doofus." mrs beidou rolled her eyes. "Klee is not going to put the lighter down unle-" Klee stopped when she was lifted off the ground. She looked behind her to see Kaeya holding her up, "MR. KAEYA YOU PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW I WANT TO GO DOWN!" Klee fussed, "that's Mr. Alberich to you, hand over the lighter." Kaeya put Klee down and held out a hand. Klee huffed and gave him the lighter. Kaeya came up to mrs beidou and explained that he was taking Klee to the office with albedo, mrs beidou shooed them off and led the other students outside.
"what even just happened." Chongyun was trying to comprehend what just happened, "hey yun- follow me." Xingqiu led the other boy away from the line, "what?! where are we " Chongyun was confused, "SHUSH. i hate P.E and it's hot outside. i am not doing that shit." Xingqiu whispered, "FINE. Are we hiding in the bathroom or-" Chongyun asked as Xingqiu continued guiding him somewhere by hand, "yup. big stall." Xingqiu hummed. "do you do this all the time-? how are you not worried.." Chongyun whined. "I know i know, i've done this before~ i've neverrrr gotten caught!" Xingqiu winked.

"if we get caught it's your fault."

"c'monnnn i promise we won't!"

"sure sure."

DAYUMMMM LONG CHAPTERS MAKE ME GO 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤 OKA ANYWAYS- I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THIS!!!!!! IDK HOW LONG ITLL BE BUT WHATEVS :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 707 21
Xingqiu and Chongyun were childhood friends. Until, as always, one of them had to move. The lost contact, and basically forgot each other, but what'l...
73.5K 1.4K 127
Requests are open! None of these stories are real they are just made up. (By me) This is my first time writing something like this so I would love to...
170K 3.3K 52
Y/n Cheney, niece to Lauren Holiday, is the biggest player on the USWNT. Mallory Pugh is a newbie to the team. Expect the unexpected when their world...
25.2K 467 9
Komore teahouse, a place of wonders, but the only wonder that ayato is interested in is thoma... status: hiatus