𝕀𝕗 π•†π•Ÿπ•π•ͺ// Luke x OC// J...

By _XXAnime_ChildXX_

Julie & Mya have always been joined by the hip. After Julie's Mom dies, Mya has watched Julie's passion for m... More

ℂ𝕒𝕀π•₯
π”Έπ••π••π•šπ•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿπ•’π• ℂ𝕒𝕀π•₯
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Hi Hi
News

Chapter 3

573 8 6
By _XXAnime_ChildXX_

"What are we gonna do about this Flynn thing?" School was finally over and Julie and I were walking to the studio after dropping our stuff off in the house.

"I don't know, Jules. She hasn't text me back yet. What about you?" I ask.

"No. Well, she sent a poop emoji, but I don't think that's really an answer."

"I mean-" Before I could answer, we heard low music coming from the studio. We both walked in and saw Reggie and Luke playing their instruments. "Yo!" I say, getting their attention. They stop playing and turn to us.

"You aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." Julie tells them.

"But we're not alone 'cause we always have eachother." Reggie tells us as Luke wraps his arm around him.

"Ugh." Julie rolls her eyes and unplugs Reggie's bass.

Luke jumps up and takes off his guitar. "But-but we had the volume level one." I roll my eyes and walk over to the other amp, Luke following me. 

"But we rocked it on level ten. You want us to play it again?" I turn and unplugged Luke's guitar, folding my arms with the plug in my hand as I turn back to them.

Luke leans to Reggie, still looking at us. "I don't think they do."

"Yeah." I drop the cord to the ground.

"We've actually been waiting for you to get home." Luke tells us. "Ok, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. We had a band meeting earlier, and..." Reggie makes a drum roll. "we wanna invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no, you're not dreaming." Luke smiles to Julie, then looks at me.

"We were gonna ask you, but you were already in a band."

"Ouch." I joke.

I look to Julie and see that she has a face of slight disinterest. "Oh." She says.

Luke and Reggie's smiles disappear. "Oh, uh... Oh, she said, "Oh." Um..." Luke chuckles. "That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when invited to join the most epic band ever."

I raise my eyebrows and fix my glasses. 'Wow. Egotistical much' (I'M JOKING! This is a joke)

"Sorry." Julie sighs. "I'm honored, but I can't think about anything but Flynn right now. She's still mad at me for lying. She hasn't even texted us back."

"Yeah, you guys are in a tough spot." Luke says. "So, you wanna join the band?"

I give a displeased look. "Dude!"

"Read the room, dude." Julie heads for the door while I go to stand by Reggie.

"Oh come on! We need you, and you need us because you need music." Luke tells her. "We found this poem that you wrote," My eyes widen and I turn my head to Luke. "and Reggie and I, we added this really cool melody to it. It sounds awesome." He pulls out a piece of paper.

Julie turns around to face Luke, and may I say, she looked slightly pissed. "Where'd you find that?"

Luke pulls Reggie in front off him to avoid Julie's rath. "Uh... definitely not your dream box."

"Luke!"

"You went through my stuff?!" Julie marches forward to Luke and he runs around the piano.

"Yeah, we can do that now!" Reggie tells us.

"No! No, you cant! Boundaries! Give it back!"

"No!" Luke jumps ontop of the piano stool.  "Hey, you need to realize how insanely talented you are. Ok? Listen to this. 'If somebody hurts you-'" Julie goes to take the paper, but Luke pulls it back. "'If somebody hurts you, I'm gonna get hurt too.'"

He begins to sing the next part. "'And my life
My life would be real low, zero
Flying Solo'
"

"'Oh-oh'" Reggie adds.

"It's a killer melody."

Julie looks to me for help, but I just shrug. It was pretty good. She sighs. "I wrote that about Flynn and Mya when they were helping me with all my mom stuff."

"Aww, Jules." I put my hand over my heart, touched that she wrote a song about us.

"I gotta go." Julie turned back for the door.

"Hey, what about the band?" Luke asks, still on top of the piano stool.

"Oh... I almost forgot." She turned to face look as she headed out the studio doors. "Stay out of my room!" She then closed the doors.

Luke ran to the doors and stuck his head through one. "Yeah? We will if you join our band!"

I groan and grab his shirt. "Get back in here." I pull him back through the door. I sigh and ran my hand through my curls. "Julie would kill me if she heard me say this, but that is a killer melody." I smiled at the two.

"See?" Luke gave me a bright smile. "Now we just got to get Julie to sing it."

"In the meantime, I know the perfect way to make the song better." I go up to the loft. I look for a specific item till I found it and brought it back down to the boys.

I go stand at the piano, Luke and Reggie following me with interest. "What's that?" Reggie asks, his eye sparkling with curiosity. It was truly adorable.

"My beat maker machine. I totally forgot I left in in here. I saw it when I was helping Julie clean up in here and forgot I left it up there for like a year." I smile. "Now, Alex will still be the main beat, but this can help make a nice beat for the beginning."

"So, what did you have in mind?" Luke asks, leaning beside me on the piano.

I turn the machine on, their eyes widening in wonder. "Well, I was thinking about something like this." I press a few different buttons to create a steady melody, along with a nice beat.

"I like it." Luke jumps up and sits at the piano. "Then Julie comes in with the piano. Here," Luke hands me the poem. "Sing those few lines from the top. Do that beat again." I do the beat again and press the repeat button. At a certain point, Luke then comes in with the piano. "Now sing."

"If I leave you on a bad note, leave you on a sad note
Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day
"

"Nice, keep going." Luke smiles.

"I know all you secrets
You know all my deep dish
Guess that means that some things they never,
"

I smirk, deciding to take the liberty to sing my own notes.
"They never Cha-a-a-ange~

We all know what I

What I

What I mea-a-a-an~"

Luke and I smile at eachother. "I took a liberty there, I know, but I think those notes fit well."

"Definitely." Reggie smiles. "You're voice fits really well for the song, too." He then gasps and point to me. "What if you and Julie both sing it?"

I chuckle. "That's a nice thought, but this is Julie's song. Any who, lets work on it more." Luke comes back over to me and pulls out his song book. I swear, his hand writing is straight chicken scratch, but I can somehow still read it.

Luke sings a few lines with his guitar pick in his mouth while Reggie and I tap the beat. "Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day

I know all your secrets

You know all my deep dish

Guess that means that some things-"

"Wait, so..." Luke and I look to Reggie as he sighs. "I was gonna ask this when you sang but, like, when she says "deep dish," is she talking about like, pizza, or..."

I sigh. "No, Reg."

Alex then appears on top on the piano. "Oh! Oh hey, man. Where have you been?"

Alex seemed a lot calmer from how he was back at the school. More pumped and with a special glint in his eyes. "Um, kind of everywhere. Yeah. No, I met a new ghost friend."

"For real?"

I quirk a brow. "Is that even safe?"

"Yeah." Alex answered, answering both of our questions. "He answered a ton of questions."

"Yeah? Like weather Julie is gonna join the band or not?" Luke pulls his song book from under Alex, then slaps it down, giving him a look.

"Um... Well, we didn't... We didn't really get to that, but I think I know why we're here." Alex turns back to Reggie and I. "Ok? All ghosts have, like, unfinished business. So, we need to do our unfinished business so that we can cross over."

The words 'cross over' mad me slightly frown. I don't want to sound selfish, but I dont want them to leave. I still wanna have fun with them.

"Why would we do that?" Luke asks. "I'm just saying, this is like our second chance. All we need to do is get Julie to play with us."

"Yeah. Not only can that girl sing, she can write too. Luke and I made a killer melody to one of her lyrics and Mya added these amazing notes." 

Luke handed Alex his book, who looked slightly upset. "Oh... Without your drummer. Cool."

"Drumming is so 90's. Ok? We're just gonna..." Luke stomps his feet. "stomp our feet now." Luke was obviously joking, but I don't think Alex took it that way.

"Ok. Well, you know what else is so 90's? Being rude. Alright. Get woke. These are sensitive times." Alex then shoves Luke's book back to his chest.

"Ah! Alex... ow." I cover my hand, trying to stop myself from laughing.

"I learned that from my ghost friend." Alex tells Reggie and I.

"Woke. That's... that's a cool word."

"Yeah."

"What does it mean?"

"No clue."

I couldn't hold it anymore. I burst out laughing and the boys gave me confused looks. The fact that Alex hand no clue what the word meant but used it perfectly is just hilarious.

Julie then burst through the studio doors. "I need your guy's help."

---------------

So, here was the plan. Julie and I were gonna sing the song that Luke and Reggie took to Flynn to prove that the boys weren't holograms, but, in fact, ghosts.

I was against singing the song with Julie at first, but the boys and Julie did end up persuading me. Mostly Luke, who I couldn't say no to for some reason.

Before we even knew it, 30 minutes had gone by and Flynn was knocking on the studio doors. Julie and I went to the doors and let her in. "Thanks for coming. We just wanted to rehearse the song so it was perfect, which it's not, but whatever."

"Jules, don't doubt your skills." I turn to Flynn and smile. "The song's perfect."

"No, if I'm gonna hear a song from your imaginary ghost band, I want it to be perfect. So, get back in there. You too." Flynn started pointing at random spots outside.

I snorted. "They're not out here, love."

Flynn pats us on the shoulder as she walks in the studio. "Oh, I know."

Julie turns to me and sighs, closing the studio doors. "Alright, guys. You ready?"

"Uh, actually, can you go over there?" I ask Flynn. "Reggie needs some space to rock out, and he feels kinda weird walking through you."

She laughs at us. "Boy, when you two create a world, you really live in it."

"Just sit!" Julie pushes Flynn down in the chair. "If you'll notice, there's no equipment that will produce a hologram."

"Feel free to look around." I tell her, walking over to my beat maker.

Julie sighs. "The guys took a poem that I wrote about you two and put it to music."

"Aww! I wish I didn't have to talk to your dad after this." I roll my eyes.

Julie lightly chuckles. "It's called 'Flying Solo'. Hope you like it."

(Bold - Mya, Bold + Italics - Julie, Bold + Underline - Mya and Julie, Italics - BoysBold, Underline, Italics - All)

Julie gives me a nod and I start to make the beat. Julie and I look to Flynn who's nodding her head along. I press the repeat button and walk over to my mic.

Julie then comes in with the piano and starts singing. "If I leave you on a bad note, leave you on a sad note
Guess that means I'm buying lunch that day
I know all your secrets
You know all my deep dish
Guess that means some things they never
"

"They never cha-a-a-ange~" I harmonize with Julie, Flynn smiling wide at us.

"We all know what I
What I
What I mea-a-a-an~
"

Julie smiles at Flynn and I as she says the next part. "When I look at you, It's like I'm looking at me"

The boys join in for the chorus, scaring the crap out of Flynn. I take my mic off and walk over to Flynn. "My life, my life would be real low, zero (Oh-oh-oh)
Flying Solo
My life, My life would be real low, zero (
Oh-oh-oh)
Flying Solo without you
"

"Hey! Yeah, yeah~
Hey! Yeah, yeah~
"

Julie took her mic off her stand and joined Flynn and I. "My life would be real low, zero (Oh-oh-oh)
Flying Solo without you
"

Julie and I bend down next to Flynn, chuckling and each of us taking one of her hands. "Yeah, you know who I'm likin'
Way before I liked them
Duh, cause you like them first
"

"And if somebody hurts you
I'm gonna get hurt too
That's just how we work, yeah
" I pull Flynn's hand to me, meaning every word of that line for Julie and Flynn.

"It will never cha-a-a-ange~
We all know what I
What I
What I
mea-a-a-an~"

"When I look at you, it's like I'm looking at me"

Julie and I pull Flynn up from her chair. "My life, My life would be real low, zero
Flying solo
(
Oh-oh)
"

Julie pulls Flynn over to Luke first. She tries to stay back but I push her forward. "My life, My life would be real low, zero 
Flying Solo without you~
"

"Hey! Yeah, yeah~" Luke scares Flynn on the 'Hey', earning an eyeroll and a push to the head from me. He just smiles wide at me.

"Hey! Yeah, yeah~" We then walk over to Alex, who smiles at us as we sing and Flynn dancing.
"My life, My life would be real low, zero
Flying Solo without you
"

We walk over to Reggie as we have a singing break. I rest my elbow on Reggie's shoulder, making Flynn's eyes wide. She puts her hand through Reggie's other shoulder and becomes even more surprised.

"Weird, right?" Reggie smiles.

"They're ghosts!" Flynn exclaims.

"Oh, we prefer, uh, musician spirits."

"Julie." We all turn to Luke. "So, does this mean you're joining our band?"

Julie and I walk over to him, Flynn joining us. "Um... Actually, I think you're joining her band."

"I'm gonna go with what she said" Julie smirks and rests her arm on Flynn's shoulder.

I smile. "That's it, I'm making myself a side producer. You guys are just too fun not to be around."

"I like the sound of that." Julie smiles at me.

The drums kick back in and we all go back to singing the chorus, Julie, Flynn and I dancing in the middle of it all. "My life, My life would be real low, zero
Flying Solo
(
Oh-oh)
My life, My life would be real low, zero
Flying Solo without you
"

"Hey! Yeah, yeah~

Hey!~

Hey! Yeah, yeah~"

"My life, My life would be real low, zero"

"Flying Solo without you~" Julie, Flynn and I smile at eachother, each caring so greatly for one another.

"You~" We all lay our foreheads together, me wrapping my arms around the two.

The song ends and we all lift our heads up. "Still wanna talk to my Dad?" Julie asks.

"No, I'm good."

The 3 of us laugh and bring eachother in a group hug. It was good to have my girls back.

.

.

.

So, imma be honest. When I first started working on this story, I wasn't gonna add Flying Solo. But, later, I was listen to the soundtrack while I was doing my school work and I had Flying Solo stuck in my head for days, creating a whole scene for the song.

So, I went back and add this chapter. You're welcome. And I did change like, one word in the song since I said that Julie wrote the song about Flynn and Mya.

Any who, here's today's meme.

I'm telling y'all! In that moment Reggie was seriously questioning his sexuality! I could see it in his eyes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 466 20
In this story, Nick is NOT possessed by Caleb Also, there are some spelling mistakes so I apologize. If you want something added to the story just l...
106K 2.5K 37
Julies friend, Olivia, moves back to Hollywood after living in England for 2 years. But what happens when she can see the boys too? Will she be able...
141K 2.6K 35
Allie Molina has always been shy, except for when it came to music. Music was her one escape. She would play piano and sing with her mom and sister i...
174K 3.8K 61
"What do u mean it's over?" --------------‐-------------‐------------- When julies boyfriend Nick breaks up with her. She looses a part of her self...