Dragon Ranger Saga Of Alpha

By RaygaardOfEndregen

Long ago, there was a world known as Ryugaeia. It was a peaceful world where dragons and humans lived in harm... More

Prologue
Episode 1: Enter Reis Dragonhaart
Episode 3: A Tragic Day
Episode 4: The Newest Ranger
Episode 5: Daughter Of The Captain
Episode 6: Erasa's Guardian Angel
Episode 7: The New Team Kira
Episode 9: The Strength Of A Dragonhaart
Prologue 2
Episode 9: Unbinding
Episode 10: Armageddon Takeover
Episode 11: When Two Swords Clash
Episode 12: The Will Of Two Hearts
Episode 13: Return Of The Light
Episode 14: Aftermath
Episode 15: The Promise From The Past
Episode 16: The Great Dragon High Battle Royale
Episode 17: The Nameless Past
Episode 18: Memories Of Truth
Episode 19: Regrets
Episode 20: To Tame The Dragon Blade
Episode 21: Confession
Episode 22: Ill Fated Prophecy
Episode 23: Sorrowful Dawn
Episode 24: Aralpheisl
Episode 25: The Heart That Destroys Darkness

Episode 2: The Rangers' Guild

2 0 0
By RaygaardOfEndregen

EPISODE 2: THE RANGERS' GUILD

Reis, Kyla, Shin and Master Jin had journeyed throughout the night and had finally made it to the Rangers' Guild. They descended at the gate leading into the Township.

"Master Jin! Kyla! Shin! You're back already? Where are the others? What happened?!" the sentries asked excitedly.

Kyla and Shin looked sad. They remained silent.

"I need to speak to the Dragonlord and the council, are they waiting for me?" Master Jin asked.

"The Dragonlord foresaw your return. He informed us to tell you to go home and rest and deliver your report tomorrow. He said he wanted you all, including the stranger you would be bringing in his presence tomorrow with all the Dragon Rangers" one sentry informed Master Jin.

"The Dragonlord is very considerate, we seek his wisdom to find light" Master Jin said.

"We seek his wisdom to find light" the others responded.

Reis simply watched them.

"Kyla, Shin, Reis, you heard them. Let's go home and rest" Master Jin said as he led them through the Township.

The Rangers' Guild was a well-developed Township with lots of tall stone buildings. It was quite a busy place bustling with people, all of whom were Dragon Rangers in one way or another. There was uniformity to some extent but the more privileged class of Dragon Rangers lived in mansions. One of which was the Ayenhayze residence, home to Master Jin, Kyla and Shin.

"This is where we live" Kyla informed Reis.

"And this is where you'll be living from now on" Master Jin said.

"Really?! It's such a big place! How many people live here?" Reis asked.

"Just us" Kyla said.

"I can tell it's going to be fun!" Reis laughed.

"It's mostly going to be studies for you" Master Jin said.

"Studies?" Reis asked in surprise.

"You need to catch up to Kyla and Shin as soon as possible so you will be entering The Academy Of Drakes" Master Jin said.

"School? That's great! I've always wondered how it would be like to be in school" Reis said excitedly.

"Let me explain how this works. In the Guild, we have a hierarchy of five classes. I'll start from the bottom. First from the bottom is the Drake, dragon pupils who learn about dragons. Once you pass the Dräkan Tournament and acquire a dragon partner, you advance to the next class which is Dragon Student, that's the class Shin and I belong to. After years of experience, you move on to Dragon Master, that's Master Jin's class. They oversee Dragon Students during field missions. Next in line is the Dragon Knight. At this level, you begin your own journey to conquer evil. And finally at the top is the Dragonlord, leader of the guild, supreme guardian of the dragons and..." Kyla was explaining when Shin interrupted her.

"A royal pain to be around" he complained.

"Shin! Show some respect!" Master Jin scolded.

"Seriously, all the guy ever does is to give orders. Naturally, we receive our missions from him" Shin complained some more.

Reis laughed. That means, you guys are one class ahead of me. You guys better watch out or I'll soon overtake you" Reis challenged.

"I'd like to see you try" Kyla accepted the challenge.

"Do whatever you want, I don't really care" Shin said.

"Shin really hates school" Kyla explained.

"I hope you understand the various classes" Master Jin said.

"Yep! I sure do!" Reis laughed.

"Hmm, what a smart boy" Master Jin praised as he entered the house.

"K-Kyla? Can you explain again 'cos I pretty much got nothing" Reis admitted.

Kyla and Shin nearly collapsed from surprise.

"Honestly Reis, you're one screwed up guy" Shin joked.

After they had all entered the house, Reis remained in the hall while Kyla and Shin prepared room for him He couldn't help staring around since he had never been in such a magnificent house before.

"Reis, now that we're alone, I want to give you some piece of advice" Master Jin said.

"Advice?" Reis wondered.

"Yes, in the whole world, not one person except for you can use elemental abilities without sharing the power of a dragon. That is very rare and may be considered by some as a bad omen. So I advise you not to use your abilities in public unless you have no other choice" Master Jin advised.

At that moment, Kyla and Shin came down the stairs.

"Kyla, Shin, why don't you show Reis around the Guild" Master Jin suggested.

"That would be great!" Reis exclaimed excitedly.

"Sure, we'll leave right away" Shin said.

"Come on Reis" Kyla called.

Kyla, Shin and Reis left the Ayenhayze residence. They walked around the guild. Kyla and Shin led Reis to all the popular sites in the guild such as the weapon and armour shops, Old Lady Kamikaze restaurant and many others. Next, they took Reis to the edge of a very dense forest.

"This is the Forest Of Awakening" Kyla said.

"The surviving dragons dwell at the heart of the forest in the Cave Of Shadows. You'll soon be sent to awaken the dragon that will choose you" Shin explained.

"I see" Reis said silently.

"Great! Now let's go to the park" Shin suggested.

"That's a great idea!" Kyla agreed and they went to the park.

It was a large green field with all sorts of entertaining structures.

"It's been quite a while. Let's have a mini Drakan Tournament!" Shin suggested as he cracked his knuckles.

There were four other Dragon Rangers on the field about their age.

"A mini Dra-what?" Reis asked.

"A mini Drakan Tournament, it's a duel and it's also practice for the main event that's coming on next week" Kyla explained.

"In this duel, two Dragon Students fight against each other at a time. The one that is knocked out or gives up first loses" Shin added.

"Great! Can I play?" Reis asked.

"But you don't have a dragon partner yet" Kyla said.

Reis recalled Master Jin's warning.

"You're right, I'll just watch" Reis said.

At that moment, they noticed a boy and girl about Reis' age approaching them. The boy had fiery red hair and he looked very serious. So serious in fact, that Reis thought he looked conceited. The girl on the other hand was very pretty, she had long flowing golden hair and pretty light blue eyes. Reis could not help but stare at her. Shin gave Reis a nudge on the shoulder.

"I know pal, she's pretty but she's not what she seems. She's as cold as ice" Shin said.

"Don't mind him Reis, he's just trying to put you off. She's quite nice once you get to know her" Kyla said.

"Can we play?" the boy asked.

"Sure Darak, but please take it easy on us, we're not as strong as you are" Kyla pleaded.

"Those are words for the weak, I want to have fun so I'm going all out" Darak said.

"Are you playing Aurora?" Kyla asked the girl.

"No, I'll just watch. You're playing, aren't you Kyla?" Aurora asked.

"Yes I am" Kyla said.

"Do your best Kyla" Aurora encouraged.

"Hey Aurora, since you're not playing, why don't you referee with Reis. He's new. He just came back with us" Kyla suggested.

"Hey Kyla, what of Jared, did he come back with you or is he still at the Saggesian border?" Aurora asked.

"I'm not permitted to disclose any information concerning our recent mission" Kyla said.

"Oh" Aurora seemed disappointed.

"Okay, let's begin" Aurora said.

"Wait a minute!" Reis interrupted.

"Hey! Stop stalling the game already you jerk!" one boy yelled.

"I believe since I'm refereeing this tournament, it would be prudent for me to put everyone's safety first..." Reis was saying when he was interrupted again.

"Just get to the point already!" an impatient girl complained.

"If I see that any of you is pointlessly hurting another person, I'll end the match immediately and disqualify the offender, in which case the victim wins by default, got it?" Reis said with a serious look on his face.

So serious was he that some of the students gulped in fear, except for Darak.

"Hmmph! I'd like to see you try" Darak challenged.

"Now you can begin!" Reis said as Aurora called out the names of the first duelists.

They dueled fairly. Kyla, Shin and Darak won their fights quite easily. Soon, it reached a duel between Kyla and Shin.

"I've been waiting for this Kyla. I'm absolutely going to embarrass you" Shin declared.

"Haven't you ever heard of the saying 'empty barrels make the most noise'?" Kyla teased and some of the students began to laugh.

"Enough talk, let the action begin!" Shin declared.

"Ready? Begin!" Reis declared.

"I summon you Draco!" Shin called.

"I agree! I summon you Ehum!" Kyla called.

Draco and Ehum appeared in flashes of lightning and their respective elements.

"Ready Kyla?" Shin asked.

"Ready Shin?" Kyla mocked.

"HERE I COME! MIND CONFUSION RAY!!!" Shin called as a force of psychic light flew out from his hands and charged towards Kyla.

Kyla somersaulted out of the way and the confusion technique missed her.

"EHUM! ATTACK!" Kyla ordered.

Ehum charged to attack Shin.

"DRACO! PARRY EHUM'S ATTACK!" Shin ordered.

Draco charged to attack Ehum. He had to avoid being hit by the heavy breath of wind Ehum sent after him. When he reached Ehum's side, he grabbed Ehum's fore-leg and spun violently throwing Ehum completely off balance. Ehum crashed to the ground.

"Good going Draco! Now it's my turn!" Shin called as Kyla charged towards him.

"You're mine!" Kyla roared.

"It's actually the opposite, PSYCHIC CONFUSION HOMING BEAM!" Shin called as beams of light raced towards Kyla.

"Drat! I really hate that move!" Kyla yelled as she somersaulted out of the way but now, two beams were homing in on her from either side.

"What do I do now?!" she wondered. "Wind Element! Propelling push!" Kyla called as she focused all her wind energy on the ground.

The force propelled her into the air. The homing beams collided and dust enveloped the area.

"You've got to do better than that if you wish to defeat me!" Kyla yelled.

"Actually, I just did" Shin smiled slyly as a homing beam rose from the dust and struck Kyla.

"You're in my control now Kyla. Slowly descend" Shin instructed.

Kyla obeyed.

"Kyla say aaah" Shin instructed.

"Aaah" Kyla repeated.

"Kyla say...Kyla's an idiot and Shin is the greatest guy you've ever met" Shin instructed.

"K-Kyla's an idiot and Shin...you're the greatest guy I've ever met" Kyla said.

"Good girl Kyla, now say...I give up" Shin instructed.

"I-I...unnhh!" Kyla struggled.

"Don't try to fight it Kyla. Just say...I give up" Shin instructed.

"I-I g-g...I give up" Kyla sighed.

At that moment, the homing beam left her body and she collapsed.

"Winner! Shin!" Reis declared.

Everyone applauded.

"Now for the finals, it's Darak versus Shin!" Aurora declared.

"Hmmph...you should give up while you still have a chance" Darak said with a sly grin.

"You don't intimidate me in the least bit" Shin said with determination.

"Ready..." Aurora said.

Shin and Darak looked determined.

"START!" Reis declared.

"I'll give you the first attack. Don't waste it" Darak said coolly.

"Don't regret!" Shin said as he rushed to attack Darak.

"Take this! PSYCHIC CONFUSION BEAM!" Shin called.

Kyla regained consciousness at that moment.

"What's happening?" she asked.

"It's the finals, Shin is dueling Darak" Reis informed her.

At that moment, all Shin's confusion beams hit Darak.

"Shin! That idiot actually did it!" Kyla exclaimed excitedly.

"Darak say aaah" Shin instructed.

"Aaah, what a fool you are Shin" Darak said.

"What?!" Shin exclaimed in shock.

"You're the perfect idiot. Now feel my flame! PYRON BLAST!!!" Darak called as he released an intense flame and sent it racing towards Shin.

"OH NO!" Shin exclaimed as he tried to evade the attack but the flame kept chasing him.

"I think it's only fair that I too use a homing attack. Don't you think so, Shin?" Darak said in an annoyingly cool tone.

Shin ran, ducked, somersaulted and dived to get the flame off his tail but it continued to pursue him.

"Give up Shin!" Darak ordered.

"The students of Master Jin do not know the meaning of that phrase!" Shin said with a laugh.

"Shin" Kyla smiled.

"Is he doing okay?" Reis asked worriedly.

"Ever since I've known him, Shin always knew that his psychic abilities were considerably weaker than most of our elemental abilities but that didn't stop him from developing his potential" Kyla narrated. "Shin's doing fine. Besides, this is just a game" Kyla said with a smile.

"Shin! If you keep this up you're only going to end up hurt!" Darak said.

"Give up? No, not when I'm having so much fun. WHOO HOO!" Shin screamed in excitement.

"Shin, what are you up to now?" Kyla wondered.

"Are you crazy?! Do you want to die?!" Darak warned.

"Darak, you must be playing 'cos this attack isn't enough to even scratch me!" Shin laughed.

"Is that true Kyla?" Reis asked.

"If your friend keeps on underestimating Darak I assure you he is going to die." Aurora said suddenly.

"It's that serious?" Reis exclaimed.

"Darak is just toying with him" Aurora said.

Reis assumed a serious look.

"I think I'm warmed up" Shin said as he suddenly stopped and turned to face Darak's technique.

Just before the technique hit him Shin spread his arms apart.

"You idiot! What are you doing?!" Kyla yelled.

Suddenly, Darak's technique was dispelled.

"NO WAY!" Kyla exclaimed in shock.

"HOW?!" Aurora seemed to be in even more shock.

"I was disappointed when a psychic dragon chose me, I wanted what you had... a fire dragon. But Master Jin took me in and taught me..." Shin said.

"How could a weak psychic brat like yourself dispel my attack?" Darak asked.

"That's because of two reasons. One... you are a brat, like myself and two...with psychic abilities the possibilities are endless!" Shin said with a confident smile.

"Good, since you are powerful there's no need to hold back. I SUMMON YOU! DRAGNAROK!!!" Darak called.

There was a discharge of massive energy. Flames gushed out of Darak's ring and slowly took the form of a mighty Fire Dragon!

"I see you're taking me seriously now! Good! I SUMMON YOU! DRACO!!!"

Shin called as a blast of lightning coupled with psychic blasts announced the appearance of Draco.

"Dragnarok, don't hold back," Darak said.

"Draco, go all out." Shin said.

"Shin, why don't you and I have a hand to hand combat, just to prove who is stronger," Darak suggested. "Meanwhile, Dragnarok attack!"

"Go Draco!" Shin ordered. "Let's go" Shin shouted as he charged to attacked Darak.

Darak cracked his knuckles. Shin threw a punch, Darak dodged to the left, Shin gave a high kick but Darak simply ducked to evade.

"Hmmph! What a reckless fighting style" Darak said as he gave a foot sweep, Shin fell to the ground. "It seems I overestimated you, you're nothing but a weak brat" Darak said.

"Say what?!" Shin growled.

"So I tell you what, I'll end this quickly" Darak said.

Shin stood up.

"I dare you to try" Shin said.

"Very well" Darak smiled cunningly as he suddenly disappeared.

"HUH? Where did you go" Shin called.

Suddenly Darak appeared right in front of him

"Right here, feel my flame! PYRO FIST! Darak called as his fist flamed and he gave Shin amazingly fast successive punches. Shin screamed in pain and dropped to the ground.

"You...cheated" Shin said weakly.

"I said we should have a hand to hand duel I never mentioned not to use any elements, you're not only weak but you're stupid as well" Darak said.

"You're the fool, if there is no fairness in a fight then it is not a fight worth fighting. You can have your shameful victory. I give up" Shin said as he turned to leave.

"Winner, Darak!" Reis called but there were no cheers. Darak was fuming.

"You idiot! How dare you embarrass me?" Darak thought to himself.

Reis watched Darak closely. Flames seemed to engulf Darak.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT SHIN!" Darak roared as he suddenly disappeared.

"Shin! Watch out!" Kyla called.

"Darak stop! You won already!" Aurora called at the top of her voice.

Shin turned slowly, and then everything happened quickly.

Darak appeared behind Shin.

"PYRO...!!!" Darak called.

Suddenly, Reis disappeared.

"Shin! Look out!" Kyla screamed as she shut her eyes.

Darak's fist was heading towards Shin's chest as he turned around.

"...DEATH FIST!!!" Darak roared as his fists began to flame.

Suddenly, Reis appeared in front of Darak, he deflected Darak's fist with his fore and middle fingers together, then he spun and directed Darak's firepower through his body and shot it into the sky, then he gave Darak a foot sweep. As Darak reeled over, he grabbed Darak's hand. Darak grabbed his shoulder in return and tore off his sleeve, but Reis was faster. In a flash, he held Darak in a tight lock-hold.

"What just happened? How did that boy dispel Darak's Pyro Death Fist?" Aurora asked.

"IMPOSSIBLE! THAT BOY JUST USED THE DRAGON PARRY!" Dragnarok exclaimed in shock.

"What?! How is that even possible?!" Kyla and Aurora exclaimed in shock.

"You don't seem surprised Draco, why is that?" Dragnarok asked.

"Look closely at him, can't you recognize him?" Draco said.

Dragnarok examined Reis closely.

"Silver hair, green eyes and a dragon-shaped scar on his right shoulder, IT CAN'T BE!" Dragnarok exclaimed in shock.

"What's the matter Dragnarok?" Aurora asked.

"That explains everything!" Dragnarok exclaimed.

"Explains what?" Aurora seemed confused.

"Young humans, we are sorry but we cannot tell you. When the time is right, you will find out on your own" Draco said.

"All we can tell you is this, prepare yourselves for you are about to face a great evil, the likes of which you've never faced before" Dragnarok warned.

Kyla and Aurora stared at the dragons, then at Reis. They felt shocked, scared and excited at the same time.

Reis kept holding Darak tightly.

"LET GO OF ME! LET GO OF ME!" Darak yelled.

"Calm down Darak, you have to get a hold of yourself! You could have killed Shin!" Reis scolded.

"I'll kill you too if you don't let me go!" Darak threatened.

"I'm afraid that's not possible and if you think this is all I can do, heh heh, then you're severely mistaken" Reis said.

"Fine! I give up! Let me go now" Darak pleaded.

Reis let him go. Darak punched him in the face.

"That's for interfering!" Darak roared.

"I-I probably deserve that" Reis said.

He was stunned and could actually see birds flying around his head. He collapsed to the ground.

"Aurora, let's get going" Darak said in an angry tone.

"Okay, see you later Kyla, goodbye Shin. When Reis wakes up, tell him, he did a good job" Aurora said as she left with Darak.

"Don't congratulate that idiot!" Darak said angrily.

"You went too far Darak" Aurora said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll try to control myself next time...maybe" Darak said.

Aurora couldn't help but giggle.

"You may not mean to but you're really funny" she said.

"Reis! Reis! Reis! Wake up!" Kyla called.

Reis stirred but he couldn't wake up.

"Sheesh, now we've got to carry him all the way home. It's already night and probably past our bedtime" Kyla complained.

Shin carried Reis on his back.

"Who're you calling an idiot" Reis mumbled.

"That, he heard" Kyla muttered.

Soon, Shin and Kyla arrived home with Reis. They knocked on the door and Master Jin opened it. He looked at them closely.

"You look worn out and Reis is unconscious, what happened? For goodness sake, you two better not tell me you got into a fight or so help me God I'll ground you for a month!" Master Jin scolded.

"Well, that's not what actually happened" Shin tried to explain.

"So, what really happened?" Master Jin asked.

"Well we took a walk around town and decided to go to the park. There, we decided to have a mini-Drakan tournament. Aurora and Darak came and Darak decided to participate. Reis said he wouldn't because he doesn't yet have a dragon partner..." Kyla narrated.

"I defeated Kyla and reached the finals. I had to duel Darak but that conceited jerk lost his cool..." Shin continued but he was interrupted by Kyla.

"Then he tried to kill Shin but Reis dragon-parried the attack" Kyla said.

"Wait a minute. Did you just say Reis dragon-parried Darak's attack?" Master Jin asked.

"Yes, that's what the dragons told us but then, Darak knocked Reis out and the dragons warned us of a great evil we are about to face" Kyla narrated.

"I see, okay, you did well, now take a bath and have your dinner, then it's off to bed. Tomorrow, we'll meet the Dragonlord and give him the details of our recent mission" Master Jin said.

Shin and Kyla entered the house, and carried Reis upstairs.

"Kyla, why don't you go to your room while I revive Reis" Shin said.

"Okay" Kyla said as she entered her bedroom.

Shin took Reis into the bathroom, raised his head to the shower and turned it on.

As the water flowed down Reis' face, he slowly opened his eyes.

"Wh-what happened?" Reis asked.

He was still dazed.

"Darak knocked you out" Shin explained.

"I see" Reis muttered.

"Great! So now you're up, take a bath. I'll be waiting for you downstairs" Shin said.

"But what will I change into? We left in such a rush that...I actually forgot to take anything" Reis said.

"Don't worry about clothes. You have a whole new set of clothes waiting for you in your wardrobe. We'll be sharing the same room" Shin informed Reis.

"Cool" Reis said silently.

Soon, Reis was out of the bathroom. He walked into the room. There were two separate wardrobes.

"Hmmm, so which one's mine?" Reis asked himself.

"Stupid question Reis, of course you can find out on your own" Reis slapped his forehead.

He stretched his hand over the wardrobe but decided not to use his powers since they could show him details he didn't want to see.

"Shin! Which one's mine?!" he shouted.

"The one on the left from the door" Shin's voice rang in his mind.

Reis walked to the wardrobe Shin had mentioned and opened it. Inside the wardrobe were a number of new clothes, boots, some uniforms, some armour and his father's sword.

"Cool Shin!" Reis called with his mind.

"Heh heh! You're welcome" Shin replied with telepathy.

Soon, Reis was clothed in his new pajamas.

"Sheesh, this feels so loose and weird" Reis murmured to himself.

Shin walked into the room half naked. He had just finished taking his bath.

"I see you wasted no time in trying out your new clothes" Shin said.

Reis began to undress.

"What are you doing?" Shin asked.

"I can't even begin to comprehend why people wear such a ridiculous outfit" Reis grumbled.

"Exactly!" Shin agreed.

"Why don't you try that one" Shin pointed to an outfit.

Reis looked at it and smiled cunningly.

Meanwhile, Kyla was downstairs, helping Master Jin prepare the table for dinner.

"Master Jin...I was wondering how..." Kyla said worriedly.

"You are worried that the Dragonlord will find it suspicious that we were the only survivors and we brought a stranger from the enemy Kingdom of Saggeese, is that it?" Master Jin asked.

Kyla nodded.

"Don't worry about that now. We were merely lucky. Dinner is ready so let's call Shin and Reis down to eat" Master Jin said in an attempt to dispel Kyla's worries.

Kyla nodded.

"Shin! Reis! Dinner is ready! Come down and let's eat!" Kyla called.

There was silence for a while and suddenly, a double voice responded,

"Did someone call our names?!"

No sooner had the voice answered than a powerful gust of wind swept through the room knocking things down and causing mayhem.

"M-Master Jin! What's happening?!" Kyla screamed.

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of light and a loud thunderclap.

"Master Jin! What's happening?!" Kyla repeated her question.

Master Jin frowned angrily. He was glaring at the stairs.

"They are happening!" Master Jin roared angrily.

Kyla looked towards the stairs and saw Reis and Shin in black leather jackets and trousers. They had red bandanas tied around their heads and shades covering their eyes.

"Show-offs" Kyla grumbled.

"Now that is what I call an entrance!" Shin exclaimed.

"Right you are Shin! Not to mention the cool outfits!" Reis exclaimed in response.

"Great! One Shin wasn't bad enough, we just had to find another person with exactly the same idiotic characteristics" Kyla seemed depressed.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING IN THOSE RIDICULOUS CLOTHES?! GO AND CHANGE INTO YOUR PAJAMAS IMMEDIATELY!" Master Jin yelled angrily.

"Do we have to?" Reis grumbled.

"Yes, and Reis, don't let Shin influence you so easily" Kyla cautioned.

"Who asked you, big mouth?!" Shin yelled.

"Who're you calling a big mouth?!" Kyla roared.

"Well, there are four people in this house. Master Jin, of course it's not him, Reis? Nope, not him either. It's obviously not me so the only person left is...well, go figure" Shin mocked.

"I'll kill you dumbass!" Kyla roared angrily as she attempted to hit Shin but Master Jin held her back.

"I've already beaten you once, don't tell me you feel like losing twice in a single day" Shin teased.

"Shin! You are the most egotistical, self-deluded, manipulative, self-conceited jerk in the universe!" Kyla insulted.

"It takes one to know one" Shin said coolly.

"Hey, hey, calm down guys. Shin, if this outfit is causing this much trouble, I think we should change into our pajamas" Reis said.

"Yeah, I guess, let's go" Shin muttered angrily and they left.

"Jeez, those boys are already so excited. I wonder what more could be going on in their heads" Master Jin said with a smile.

"I hope Reis becomes part of our team" Kyla said.

After a while, Reis and Shin returned in their pajamas.

"Okay, now let's eat" Master Jin suggested.

"Wait a second. My grandfather always taught me to pray to the God of the Heart and the universe before eating or doing anything important" Reis said.

"Well, we've never heard of such a god. We only know how to pray to the Dragon God" Kyla said.

Reis laughed.

"That's just one of His many attributes. He is actually three in one, the God of the Mind, the God of the Heart and the God of the Spirit. He is the embodiment of all living beings that serve the light" Reis explained.

"How do you have knowledge of such things?" Master Jin asked in astonishment.

My grandfather taught me to pray to the God of the Heart but my heart tells me of his other beings" Reis explained.

"I see" Master Jin said.

"Great, so let us pray" Reis said as she shut his eyes.

The others did the same.

"God of the Mind, Heart and Spirit, bless our meal and make it whole

Let it nourish the three parts of our soul

And make us stronger than the forces of evil, Amen."

Reis prayed.

Dinner was eaten in silence and after dinner, everyone went silently to bed. Reis and Shin entered their room and shut the door.

"Today has been a really crazy day hasn't it?" Reis said with a satisfied grin. Both boys lay on separate beds. Their beds were at two opposite ends of the room.

"Yeah, I still wish I could have put that jerk in his place though" Shin said angrily.

"No need for that, what's past cannot be changed. The only thing we can forge is the future so let's live the present" Reis said.

"Nice philosophy" Shin complimented.

"Thanks" Reis said.

"Yeah Reis, Aurora gave me a message to deliver to you" Shin said.

"Really?" Reis said excitedly as he sat up.

"What did she say?" Reis asked excitedly.

"She said 'good job'" Shin said.

Reis thought about the events of the day.

"Tomorrow's going to be great!" Reis exclaimed.

"Don't count on it Reis, tomorrow is going to be a very hard and bad day for all Dragon Rangers" Shin said sadly.

"Even Aurora?" Reis asked.

"Especially Aurora, and for you too" Shin said.

"Goodnight Reis" Shin said as he shut his eyes and went to sleep.

Reis remained awake, reflecting on Shin's words. They seemed like an ill-fated prophecy, but Reis knew deep in his heart that Shin's words were going to be true.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 213 80
Long ago there lived a great king, King Nesbeth who was loved by all the people in the land because he was a very kind and benevolent king, he had 3...
516 40 13
They call us beasts. Monsters. They say we burn their civilization to the ground. They call us demons. Creatures that plaque the earth. We are the de...
19.1K 383 9
A tensura fanfic! "Warning!! cringry 4th grade grammar" "Contains Mature Content Such As "Blood,Gore,Cursing,Killing,Psychopathic Behavior" Story: Ve...
35.8K 1.2K 32
20,000 years ago the vampire race was born in to the world, causing wars between the human races and the vampire races this war started with the firs...