MLP FiM: The Hero of Equestri...

By TheNintegaGuy

When (Y/N) and the Mane 6 finally unite with their true love for each other, they must now overcome more obst... More

Author Notes: Beginning of Arc 2, Recap, and. . . An Anime?
Chapter 1: (Y/N)'s Main Six Dates
Chapter 2: Princess Twilight Sparkle & Prince (Y/N) (L/N) - Part 1
Chapter 3: Princess Twilight Sparkle & Prince (Y/N) (L/N) - Part 2
Chapter 4: Castle Mane-ia
Chapter 6: Power Ponies
Chapter 7: Bats!
Chapter 8: Rarity Takes Manehattan
Chapter 9: Rainbow Falls
Chapter 10: Three's A Crowd
Chapter 11: Pinkie Pride
Chapter 12: A Holy Knight
Chapter 13: Filli Vanilli
Special Chapter: MLP FiM The Hero of Equestria (Anime Edition)
Chapter 14: Twilight & (Y/N) Time
Chapter 15: It Ain't Easy Being Breezies
Chapter 16: Maud Pie
Chapter 17: Leap of Faith
Chapter 18: Testing Testing 1, 2, 3
Chapter 19: Trade Ya!
Chapter 20: Equestria Games
Chapter 21: Twilight & (Y/N)'s Kingdom - Part 1
Final Chapter: Twilight & (Y/N)'s Kingdom - Part 2

Chapter 5: Daring Don't

8.9K 160 150
By TheNintegaGuy

One day inside of (Y/N)'s house, he was leaning back on his couch reading one of his Daring Do books peacefully being a huge fan of the series like Rainbow Dash and Twilight. He was rereading the latest copy as a new book hasn't been released yet, but is guaranteed to be out soon in a few months.

(Y/N): There's nothing better than get your mind off of things like a Daring Do book in a quiet area.

Suddenly, the door to (Y/N)'s house was met with a bunch of knocks making him jump a little and he levitates the book down before going to answer the door and he was met with Rainbow Dash who was even more excited today than usual.

Rainbow Dash: (Y/N)! You're not going to guess what today is?!

(Y/N): What? Did I miss something important?

Rainbow Dash grabbed his shoulders and get's in his face.

Rainbow Dash: Are you kidding me?! Have you been keeping up with the schedule?! Three months and twenty-six days from today will be when the new Daring Do will be out for us to read!

(Y/N): Oh! That's right! It is coming out soon! I almost forgot! Yeah, it's exciting! It's been SO long since a new book was even released!

Rainbow Dash: I know right! The suspense is killing me for what is going to come in the next book! What amazing, incredible, awesome adventure do you think Daring Do will have in her next book, huh?

(Y/N): I'd say she'll either find the Fortress of Talacon or maybe even confront Ahuizotl himself! The possibilities are endless. . . well not "endless" but still, a bunch of good possibilities. I was just rereading the latest copy of the Daring Do series that was currently out.

Rainbow Dash: What? Aw, come on! And you didn't think about having me over so we can read it together?

(Y/N) raises an eyebrow at that.

(Y/N): Dash, we've looked at that book together many times already. It's not like the book or myself is going to go anywhere. Tell you what, once the book get's released, I'll buy two copies one for you and for me.

Rainbow Dash: Wait, really? You'll buy me a copy as well?

(Y/N): Why not? I have a girlfriend that's been waiting ages for it after all. And even once that happens, both you and I can stay at either yours or my place and we can read the book as a little date.

Rainbow Dash smiles brightly from that before she pecks (Y/N) on the lips.

Rainbow Dash: I'm glad to have a guy like you who thinks two steps ahead on what awesome ideas could work for us.

(Y/N) rolls his eyes from that with a playful smile.

Rainbow Dash: Come on, we've got to go tell Twilight the news too!

(Y/N): Why would we need to do that? I'm sure she knows already since she likes the series too.

Rainbow Dash: A quick reminder wouldn't hurt though. And she's got to know how many days from now it will be released.

(Y/N): Exactly, I'm sure she knows.

Rainbow Dash: Come on, babe. I'll just be a quick reminder.

(Y/N): Well, alright. Let's get moving.

At the Golden Oak Library, Rainbow Dash was just so excited about the new release of the book that she starting hopping on each step that she approached the library while (Y/N) trots ahead of her with a smirk from her being more excited than he is.

Rainbow Dash: Three months and twenty six days, three months and twenty six days, three months and twenty six days!

(Y/N): . . .Till the new book is released. *chuckles* You were way more focused on the news of the book than I was.

Rainbow Dash: Well, that's why you've got to be the "biggest" fan! Oh, man I just can't help with the excitement! I don't know if I'll be able to last the next three months and twenty six days!

(Y/N): I'm tempted to take those odds.

(Y/N) opens the door to the Golden Oak Library and they both walk inside.

Rainbow Dash: Heya, Twilight! Aren't you excited that-

She gets no farther before the end of a party favor unrolls toward her and (Y/N), sounding off. The two then look to see that the rest of the Mane 7 were at the library as well apparently having a party that they didn't know about in the slightest.

Twilight Sparkle: So glad you two finally made it!

Rainbow Dash: What's everypony doing here?

Pinkie Pie: We're having a holiday party!

She blows a party horn in Rainbow's face, showering her with confetti/streamers.

(Y/N): Really? I didn't check my calendar. . . What holiday is today?

Pinkie Pie: National Random Holiday Party Day! Woo-hoo!

Rarity: I've never heard of it either.

She takes a sip of the punch that she had out of a cup.

Rarity: But the punch is quite tasty.

Pinkie Pie: You might say the secret ingredient is. . .

She looks furtively around herself before leaning in close and addressing herself directly into (Y/N)'s ear.

Pinkie Pie: *whispers loudly* . . .A secret! *squee*

Rainbow Dash: How come nopony bothered to invite us?

Applejack: I came to invite you personally, but it seems you were a speck too busy reading the last Daring Do book for the twelfth time.

(Y/N): Twelfth?!

Twilight Sparkle: And (Y/N), did you not check you mailbox? I put an invitation in there as well.

(Y/N): Oh, I never went outside until now. I was rereading a Daring Do book myself.

Rainbow then takes a drink of punch and so does (Y/N) as they both start to gulp theirs down.

Rainbow Dash: And in three months and twenty six more days, we'll be able to read the next one.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh, haven't you heard? The release of the next book got pushed another two months.

Rainbow nearly chokes on her punch upon hearing this, then spits the whole mouthful into Twilight's face while (Y/N) turned to her surprised.

(Y/N): Wow! The publisher must either really want the book to be perfect or she's on hiatus for some reason.

Rainbow Dash: But I've been waiting so long already! I don't think I can take another two months! I'll never make it!

She sweats before she makes her point by flopping spreadeagle, flat on her face. (Y/N) smirks at her before he turns to Fluttershy.

(Y/N): I can bet you twenty five bits that she doesn't make it.

Fluttershy giggles from that and Pinkie drops in to plop a party hat onto Rainbow Dash and (Y/N) as well.

(Y/N): Don't worry, Dashie. It's extended for only two months, and while that may leave you to be in more suspense, she never said that the book was cancelled.

Rainbow Dash: Wait Twilight, did they give a reason why the book was delayed?

Twilight Sparkle: The publisher just said author A.K. Yearling won't be able to finish the book for another two months. Cupcakes?

(Y/N) smiled brightly at the offer of being offered one of his favorite treats.

(Y/N): Don't mind if I do.

(Y/N) levitates a couple of cupcakes off of the tray that Twilight was levitating while Pinkie chomps one off in one bite.

Rainbow Dash: *growls* How could you possibly know that before me? I'm the series' biggest fan!

(Y/N): We're big fans of the series too. But I think some of us just tend to keep up with the news faster than you.

Twilight Sparkle: And I'm the one who introduced you to the books, remember?

Rainbow Dash: Oh. Right.

Twilight Sparkle: A.K. Yearling just might be my favorite author.

(Y/N): Mine too. She makes her books seem so realistic in a sense.

Pinkie Pie: You know who my favorite author is? . . .Nintega.

(Fourth Wall Break)

The Nintega Guy: *growls* AGAIN?!?! Someone hand me a new set of glass, a hammer, measuring tape, and a drill!

A hand appears to pass The Nintega Guy the materials that he needs and he puts on some goggles before starting to walk up and fix the fourth wall that was broken by Pinkie Pie. Tons of construction sounds were heard from hammers and drills. Soon even more sounds were heard as a sledgehammer was thrown to the side. A jackhammer was also heard shaking the background and it was thrown to the side as well. Finally, the finishing touches as Nintega had thrown away three bottles of super glue and five rolls of flex tape to the side.

The Nintega Guy: I swear that if she breaks another one. . . I'm going to go broke and will need to borrow some other walls.

Pinkie Pie: What? You have other things that you can relax with while the wall get's fixed. . . Like the cupcakes that we're having now! *squee*

Pinkie pulls one out of nowhere and offers Nintega a cupcake who just deadpans at her before he sighs and accepts it.

The Nintega Guy: Just. . . get back in position. I can't take these broken walls anymore.

(End of Fourth Wall Break)

(Y/N): Wait. . . Who was that author you mentioned Pinkie?

Pinkie Pie: Nopony that you should be concerned about, sweetie.

(Y/N) raises an eyebrow from that and looks at Twilight who shrugs her shoulders not getting it either.

Twilight Sparkle: As I was saying. . . I know everything about A.K. Yearling. Where she grew up, where she studied literature, where she wrote the first Daring Do book. . .

Rainbow was apparently irritated up until that last part as an idea cranks into her head.

Rainbow Dash: Where she lives?

Twilight Sparkle: Uh. . . no, though I could probably find out somehow. Why?

Rainbow Dash: Don't you get it? The new book is obviously delayed because she needs help dealing with whatever everyday nonsense is distracting her from spending her every living breathing second writing! So I- I mean, fans like me, can get to read the new book ASAP! Think about it! We could help her with her laundry, buy her groceries, cooking her meals, whatever! Now, who wouldn't appreciate that?

(Y/N): Dashie, I'd respect a generous offer more than anypony, but I don't think that its a good idea to go and see A.K. Yearling while she's probably busy as we speak.

Rainbow Dash then wraps a foreleg around (Y/N) and throws smiles at the others.

Rainbow Dash: She can always just say no.

Everypony else around throws on agreeing smiles to that before (Y/N) throws on a smile himself.

(Y/N): Well. . . I suppose it is also an opportunity for me to go and meet the author that we both so greatly admired. Alright, Twilight think you can nail down that address for where A.K. Yearling lives?

Twilight Sparkle: I guess so.

As Twilight said, she was able to find out where exactly A.K. Yearling lives except the Mane 7 had to take a rather decently long trip until they were all walking through a heavily forested area and Pinkie for some reason was painting a long red line behind all of them.

Twilight Sparkle: Why would she live in this remote part of Equestria except to keep folks from intruding on her privacy? (Y/N), we should respect her privacy like you said.

(Y/N): I know. . . but this is so tempting to meet somepony that I've been following for a really long time. Plus, we've been gone from Ponyville for hours, it would be a waste to go back now.

Twilight Sparkle: I guess, but-

Rainbow then interrupts and she zips in from among the trees.

Rainbow Dash: I think I spotted the house! We're super close! This way!

(Y/N): Nice! Let's go! It's time to meet an author that I've always wanted to see!

(Y/N) flies ahead after Rainbow, all others following except for Twilight.

Twilight Sparkle: Wait!

Seeing that there is no reasoning with these six, she trots after them. Up ahead, they have gathered behind a clump of bushes, staring concernedly ahead.

Twilight Sparkle: Oh no. What happened?

What the Mane 7 were now looking at was indeed A.K. Yearling's home as it was a cottage that was pretty banged up with assorted belongings strewn about the yard, stove-in water barrel lying on its side, door bashed off the hinges, open front window, side window shutters askew.

(Y/N): Looks like someone beat us here before we could even see her.

Rainbow Dash then pops her head outside to peek through the window of the front door and her knock causes it to tumble free of it's frame. Everypony else then peeks in to look around the ransacked interior of A.K. Yearling's cottage.

Applejack: Hoo-wee, somepony really trashed this place.

Pinkie Pie: Hmm. . . maybe. . . or maybe A.K. Yearling's just a terrible, horrible, unbelievable slob!

Rarity: I hope A.K. Yearling's alright!

Twilight Sparkle: Oh no! What if something terrible happened to her?

Rainbow then pops up from another mess.

Rainbow Dash: I know! There might be no more books!

Realizing that she has again let her enthusiasm get the better of her from the looks of Twilight and (Y/N), she calms down.

Rainbow Dash: Uh. . . but, of course, I'd be worried about her, too. Heh.

(Y/N): I'm sure there are traces of where she might be. Everypony scatter around and see where she might be.

???: What are you all doing here?

An older female voice, more than a little irritated, catches him completely off guard. Everypony turns to the front door to see a mare wearing a cape covering all her body except her front hooves, a pair of very large eyeglasses, and a cloche hat that covers nearly her entire head.

(Y/N): Whoa! It's A.K. Yearling. . . in the flesh!

Rainbow Dash: S-So cool!

Both Rainbow Dash and (Y/N) give off huge grins of admiration at seeing the author that they admire right in front of them. However, (Y/N) shakes his head telling himself to focus.

(Y/N): I-I know what this looks like Ms. Yearling, but we didn't do this, honest?

A.K. Yearling: What have you done to my house?

(Y/N): . . .Was I just ignored?

A.K. Yearling then dives to a carpet Applejack is standing on.

Applejack: We didn't do this, Ms. Yearling!

A nip and yank at the edge whip the cloth away to send Applejack tumbling. Yearling then shifts her focus to an overturned table near Twilight and starts to rummage around it.

Twilight Sparkle: We're awfully glad to see you're alright.

Across the way, Rainbow Dash is next to a writing desk piled high with books and is standing on another one, pawing at some notes on the floor. Hearing the sound of approaching hooves, she gets hers away from the papers and looks away with an innocent whistle. A.K. Yearling darts over to beside where Rainbow Dash was and digs around in the clutter, throwing several books down.

Rainbow Dash: Okay, clearly this isn't the best time, but I've just gotta say how much we all really love your books. . .

Her ingratiating chuckle has no effect on the put-out writer, who spots the book under the blue hooves and yanks it out hard enough to dump Rainbow backwards and A.K. Yearling grins upon spotting the book even as a loud crash marks Rainbow's graceless touchdown. She ends up sprawled on the scramble of table and books near (Y/N) and Twilight.

A.K Yearling sits the book down revealing symbols etched into the three gold bands of its binding. She then rotates each one in turn so that the symbols line up, and the horseshoe symbol glows white in response. By turning it ninety degrees, she releases the three bands so that they swing loose. The book opens along its binding and a large gold ring floats out. A.K. Yearling picks it up and sighs with relief.

A.K. Yearling: *sighs* It's safe.

The ring is then tucked away inside her cape as a dumbstruck Twilight, (Y/N), and Rainbow Dash look on.

Rainbow Dash: Great! Maybe now would be a good time for me to ask her how we can help move the new book along a little faster. Chop chop!

She crosses to the desk and nudges its typewriter not so subtly toward the author, who glares as the blue front hooves tap together. (Y/N) shoots Rainbow an annoyed look as he levitates her up.

(Y/N): Um, Dash. A word, please?

(Y/N) trots out of the house with Rainbow Dash before he dumps her on the ground.

(Y/N): Look Rainbow, I can tell by her mood that that she clearly isn't interested in small talk. . . and even after I was looking forward to meeting her myself. The best thing that we can do now is leave her be.

Pinkie then pops up in between the two.

Pinkie Pie: You should tell that to those guys.

Everypony looks up on the roof to see three earth pony stallions are up by an open window.

(Y/N): Wait, those stallions look familiar. . . I think from the books. . .

Back inside, A.K. Yearling sets a loose board out of the way and straightens the broken mirror. The three new intruders' reflections appear in the glass, but she just regards them incuriously and shows no more reaction when they step up to hem her in.

She turns to face them, making no move for the longest time until she throws all of what she was wearing at all three of the stallions faces. However, when she reveals herself once more, she had on the same mane style as Rainbow Dash, the same compass-rose cutie mark, and the same helmet as the pony none than. . .

The protagonist of the Daring Do book series herself, Daring Do. Her sour expression tell just how little she thinks of all this unwelcome company. She drops into a fighting crouch, showing that like her literary counterpart and both of her wings are whole and healthy. (Y/N) and Rainbow Dash were watching the whole thing and they turn to each other with their minds blown.

(Y/N) & Rainbow Dash: A.K. Yearling IS Daring Do!

Both of the huge fans watch with astonishment as one of the henchponies tries to approach Daring Do, but a glare from her stops him from getting that idea.

(Y/N): I can't believe it. . . All this time. . . The actual writer to the Daring Do series is the adventure pony herself! I'm geeking out here!

(Y/N) says this as he has a huge grin on his face with starry eyes at seeing that the author that he follows is the protagonist to the book series. Rainbow however, just tries to play it cool as she nudges her boyfriend.

Rainbow Dash: Aw, come on, I knew it all along.

(Y/N): *rolls eyes* Oh, who are you kidding?

That retort goes no further, as Daring Do backs up with the ring in her teeth and one of the henchponies tries to take it from her by force clamping it in his teeth as well. The tug-of-war lasts only a fraction of a second before she lets go, socks him in the chest, and delivers a backflip kick that sends him reeling. The ring goes flying across the room, and all of the Mane 7 gather at the window as she dives across to catch it.

Applejack: Amazing!

Another one of the henchponies wearing sunglasses grabs Daring's tail in his teeth, but she bucks him away and flies off.

Rarity: Incredible!

Daring Do slides backwards to a stop, faced down by two henchponies; One of them leaps at her only to get bucked out of the building. Another throws himself at her, leading to a lively brawl that is soon joined by all three, and the ring is thrown up onto a ceiling light fixture. This whirls about its pivot and pitches the artifact neatly into the fireplace.

All three robbers stop their assault and nervously gather around the hearth as the metal goes red-hot from the flames licking at it. One of the henchponies nudges his buddy impatiently, but before the nominated thug can even bend his neck down, the end of a bullwhip lashes into the fireplace and snags the ring. The handle is in Daring's teeth and a flick of her head sends the item across the room, where it bangs into a beverage pitcher on a table and lands next to it. The vessel overturns, spilling its contents onto the ring and cooling it down.

Pinkie Pie: Wow! So much action! Whee!

Daring Do launches herself toward the ring with the three stallions close behind, and she doubles back with ring in teeth. She then backs up toward the stairs, also carrying a chair to fend off the trio.

Rainbow Dash: Daring Do!

The sound of her own name breaks Daring Do's concentration and gives her adversaries the opening they need to rush her all at once. She spits the ring out; it tumbles over to the steps leading in from the front door, and a khaki hoof tinged with gray descends to pin it in place.

The pony who picked it up was an Earth pony stallion who had a gambogeish gray coat, a dark arctic bluish gray mane and tail, grayish chartreuse green eyes, he was wearing an off-white shirt with sleeves rolled up and a reddish-brown ascot with white polka dots, and finally his Cutie Mark was a gold skull with a red jewel in one eye. This guy was Dr. Caballeron, Daring Do's rival.

Dr. Caballeron: Many thanks, Daring Do. As you've probably surmised, our earlier search for this treasure was. . . unsuccessful. So kind of you to find it for us.

Daring Do breaks loose from the henchponies trying to pin her down and tries to stand, only for one foreleg to give out and she drops to the ground in slight pain.

Daring Do: Give it back, Caballeron!

Dr. Caballeron: That's "Doctor" Caballeron to you.

Excited, Rainbow clutches onto (Y/N).

Rainbow Dash: He's from book four: Daring Do and the Razor of Dreams. He wanted to partner with Daring Do on her adventures.

(Y/N): I know, and she refused! I really can't believe we're seeing the real Daring Do and the real Caballeron with our own eyes!

Daring Do then tries to stands up with some effort to address Caballeron.

Daring Do: So let me guess: Ahuizotl has put you up to this? You're stealing the ring to give to him so his hold on the Fortress of Talacon will be good for eight centuries as foretold by prophecy!

Dr. Caballeron: Close, but. . . no. I'm going to sell this to him, make a bundle, and retire from archaeology in splendor.

Daring Do: Caballeron, you fool! You're dooming the valley to eight centuries of unrelenting heat!

Dr. Caballeron: To market, henchponies!

The henchponies dump Daring Do on the floor and set out after their boss. When Daring Do stands again, she grunts and winces as the bad leg refuses to play nice and she starts to limp across the room.

Fluttershy: Uh. . . should we go in and help her, maybe?

Mane 6: Oh, right.

As the Mane 7 enter back inside of the cottage, Daring Do ties a splint onto the limb that she injured as (Y/N) walks up to her and lends a hoof.

(Y/N): You alright there? You look like you need some help.

Daring Do however rejects the offer to be helped off of the ground as she smacks (Y/N)'s hoof away.

Daring Do: I'm fine. I don't need any help! Daring Do handles her business herself.

(Y/N): Hey, no need to act so difficult. That ring was just stolen and you were up against Caballeron and three other ponies. I don't you should go dive in there by yourself.

Daring Do: And part of that was your fault. Now out of the way!

Daring Do sets her helmet back in place and she flies out of the front doorway with Rainbow flying outside to see her leave and the rest of the Mane 7 come outside too.

Rainbow Dash: We've gotta go help!

Twilight Sparkle: You heard her! She says she works alone!

Rainbow Dash: How can we just stand by and do nothing? You know what's at stake here! Ahuizotl has sought control of the Tenochtitlan Basin since book three!

Twilight Sparkle: True, but in book four, she defeated Ahuizotl and secured control of the Amulet of Atonement, dispelling the dark magic of the Ketztwctl Empress, and thus protecting the basin with the Radiant Shield of Razdon!

Rainbow Dash: But the Radiant Shield of Razdon is vulnerable to the dark enchantment of the Rings of Scorchero!

Twilight Sparkle: But are you forgetting that the Rings were scattered to the four corners of Tenochtitlan, thus rendering the dark enchantment powerless?

(Y/N): Sorry to be the one to debunk of that Twi, but its only if you assume that the Rings have yet to be retrieved, and the ring Caballeron just stole isn't the last to completely restore the dark tower and its cruel hold on Tenochtitlan! There are many outcomes to what that ring holds and I think we should follow and make that it doesn't fall into Ahuizotl hands or Caballeron!

Pinkie Pie: *nods* You gotta admit, (Y/N) makes a pretty good point.

(Y/N): I know Daring Do said that she didn't need help, but you know that I'm not one to just sit back and let somepony take on a challenging task without help.

Twilight Sparkle: *sighs* Okay, but sounds to me like we're in way, way, way over our heads. We're going to need a carefully thought out plan. . .

Rainbow Dash however didn't listen to that and she suddenly departs after Daring Do.

Rainbow Dash: I'm coming, Daring Do!

(Y/N) was surprised before he annoyingly chases after the impulsive Pegasus.

(Y/N): Oh, you reckless hardheaded mare!

Throughout the forest, Rainbow Dash was flying over the trees searching for the adventurer.

Rainbow Dash: Come on, come on, come on. . .

She then stops in the air as she spots Daring Do sneaking out from behind a bush.

Rainbow Dash: Bingo! Here I come, Daring Do! To join an adventure with the greatest, bravest, coolest, most incredible hero I could ever-

Somepony then grabs her tail and pulls her back into the air as it was (Y/N) who shoots her an annoyed look.

(Y/N): Rainbow, I know that you think that this is a chance for you to show how cool you can be to Daring Do, but at least think this through as we shouldn't just jump into situations that we don't even know that we're getting into, okay?

Rainbow Dash: Oh, right. Sorry, (Y/N).

Both of them then land in the middle of the forest and Rainbow started fangirling once more.

Rainbow Dash: The thing is. . . we're actually going on an adventure alongside Daring Do. . . Wow! Maybe I could get my picture taken with her, or an autograph-

(Y/N) smacks Rainbow across the face with his wing to tell her to snap out of it.

(Y/N): Focus, will you Dashie? I know that we're going with an adventure alongside THE Daring Do, but just take things slow with her alright? She didn't really seem like the pony who was actually into small talk after all.

Rainbow Dash: But babe, come on! I bet if we show her how awesome that the both of us are, she'll be sure to not only let us tag along, but maybe we'll be the first ones to get the next Daring Do copy.

(Y/N): Wow. . . you're desperate.

Rainbow Dash: Once we get right along with her, how should we play this? Should we play it cool? Or maybe act like we're adventurers too?

(Y/N): Technically, we already are. We just don't go on as much adventurers as she does. . . Though I guess it doesn't hurt to explore new areas that you haven't been to before.

Suddenly, (Y/N) get's jumped by Daring Do who who slams her helmet down over his (M/C) mane to blind him. This ends up with all three of them tumbling and bouncing along the grass before it stops with Daring Do pinning (Y/N) down to the ground.

(Y/N): Stop! We're on your side!

Rainbow Dash: That's my boyfriend you just tackled!

Rainbow Dash takes the helmet off of (Y/N) and realizing her false alarm, Daring Do get's a disgusted look as she snatches her helmet back to put it on.

Daring Do: *unenthusiastically* Oh. It's just you two.

She turns to leave, but not before Rainbow calls out to her.

Rainbow Dash: Wait, don't go!

After a moment's pause, the winged archaeologist decides to ignore this entreaty and stalks away. Rainbow Dash whirls around to have a quick conference with (Y/N).

Rainbow Dash: Come on, (Y/N)! This is our chance! Let's impress her with with our quick wit and courage.

(Y/N): Bad idea. . . Let's just speak with her like any normal pony would.

Rainbow Dash: But she's a pony who can beat entire armies of bad guys with nothing more than her bare hooves!

(Y/N) shoots her a judgmental look as he raises his hoof and glows it.

(Y/N): Look who you're talking to. . .

Rainbow blushes and rubs the back of her head.

Rainbow Dash: Okay. . . she's ONE of the ponies who can beat entire armies of bad guys with her bare hooves, but still it doesn't look like she'll be looking for ponies who are just casual.

Rainbow Dash then grabs her boyfriend for them to quickly chase after Daring Do.

Daring Do is now moving ahead in a crouch, inspecting the ground for tracks or marks, and she takes cover briefly behind a tree. Following a quick peek around it, she ducks away and moves out again, only to be brought up short by the sudden emergence of Rainbow Dash from the underbrush.

Rainbow Dash: *nervously* I am suuuuuch a huge fan.

Rainbow adds a long chuckle to finish the thought, but Daring Do just stands upright and utters an irritated sigh right before (Y/N) walks right beside her.

(Y/N): Quit acting like this is a convention, Rainbow Dash.

He then turns to Daring Do with a smile.

(Y/N): Now I know that you seem to have your hooves full with trying to get the ring back, but let me and my girlfriend here help. We know a thing or two when it comes to being in action.

Daring Do just glares at (Y/N).

Daring Do: I. Work. Alone.

(Y/N): *sarcastically* Wow. You're definitely used to it. Trust me when I say that I've dealt with some things way worse than you have, but I didn't do it by myself.

Daring Do: That's your problem as a prince.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened from that.

(Y/N): You know who I am?

Daring Do: Obviously. You're all of the talk around Equestria.

(Y/N): Well in that case, this will just be a cakewalk if we work together. Let us tag along.

Daring Do: Not gonna happen.

Daring Do walks ahead not wanting to let the conversation continue.

Rainbow Dash: But why won't you let us team up with you just this once?!

Daring Do: My work always involves secrets. And since you never know who you can trust, it's best never to trust anypony.

(Y/N): Oh, come on. It's not there are impostors among us right at this second. I can understand not wanting to trust "some" ponies, but not trusting anypony seems a little extreme.

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, what he said. Just because you can't trust some, doesn't mean nopony can be trusted!

Daring Do: Look, I don't have time to argue-

Rainbow Dash: Neither do I. Let's go!

Rainbow Dash zooms away and both Daring Do and (Y/N) watching her fly away. (Y/N) facehooves while Daring Do sighs disgustedly.

(Y/N): Sorry, she's kind of impulsive, but she's not wrong. We should get going if we want to get back that ring.

(Y/N) then walks ahead of Daring Do who just rolls her eyes.

Daring Do: *mumbles* Can't believe I'm even talking to these ponies. . .

It was now nighttime in the forest as Caballeron and his three goons can be seen at a campsite set up in a clearing. Rainbow Dash, (Y/N), and Daring Do ease up and pull the leaves aside for a better look, exposing the hay bales on which the four stallions are chowing down.

Rainbow Dash: Looks like they decided to have an early dinner before making their way back down the hill to the marketplace in town.

(Y/N): All we need now then is a plan with the element of surprise.

Daring Do turns away from them before scooping up a hoof-load of mud and she smears it liberally over her cheeks.

Rainbow Dash: Oh, I see. You're gonna ambush them like in book four at the Horavian caves! Or maybe, that neat trick you did in book three, where you swoop in and knock three guys down with one swing! Or maybe-

Both Daring Do and (Y/N) shoot Rainbow a glare that said "shut it."

(Y/N): *quietly* Rainbow! Hush! We can't let them know we're here.

Rainbow Dash: *quietly* Sorry, I'll be quiet now. Just watching very quietly, heh.

Daring Do then crouches to bring in a pile of leaves to her face confusing (Y/N) and Rainbow just watches with curiosity.

Rainbow Dash: *quietly* So, what kind of ambush are you gonna use then?

Up comes Daring Do, now disguised with a layer of grass and leaves stuck on the mud to resemble a beard, and topped by the flattened helmet. Without turning back towards Rainbow and (Y/N), she holds up a bulging bag of bits that could hold dozens of them surprising the couple.

(Y/N): *quietly* Holy moly! . . .Oh, I get it. It's not an ambush, it's a disguise. That would make sense considering that Caballeron said that he wanted to sell it.

Daring Do: *quietly* And I plan to be the highest bidder. Now stay silent!

Daring Do then steps into the camp area planting the bag down in front of her which brings the four stallions' meal to an abrupt stop as they gather to make sure they are not dreaming. Daring Do then speaks in a deep British accent.

Daring Do: *gravely* I have been led to believe you have in your possession an item of significant importance that might be. . . for sale.

Caballeron and the others zip over to her immediatlely interested in the deal.

Dr. Caballeron: Oh, uh, well. . . I did have another buyer lined up, but he's not here, so. . . sounds like we have a deal.

Caballeron was about to give Daring Do the stolen ring that she had. . . not before the transaction is rudely interrupted by a rising, reverberating growl of fury that sends the three henchponies bugging out and it makes Caballeron cower in fear.

A forest shaking tremor then takes place as a couple of trees are shoved aside to reveal that it was none other than Daring Do's archnemesis, Ahuizotl.

Ahuizotl: CABALLERON!

Daring Do gives a glare to the giant creature.

Daring Do: Ahuizotl!

Ahuizotl: The ring!

Caballeron gasps in fright, lets the ring drop, and scoops up the cash before galloping for his life. Daring Do and Ahuizotl eye it, then each other and Daring Do is the first to move, shedding her fake beard and mashed hat and she locks her teeth onto the relic. Ahuizotl voices a frustrated roar and dives at her as Rainbow and (Y/N) watch from the bushes.

(Y/N): That was a good plan. . . if Ahuizotl didn't show up so fast.

Rainbow Dash: Still, she's actually got this. It almost as if we're looking inside of the books itself.

Daring Do backs up slowly before Ahuizotl's slinking approach.

Ahuizotl: The ring, Daring Do! Give it to me!

Ahuizotl then tries to pounce at her, but Daring Do jumps back and hooks the ring around a foreleg before giving a cocky smirk.

Daring Do: Now, Ahuizotl, you know I love you, but I can't give you the ring 'til I've properly proposed.

That pun earns a snicker from both of her fans hiding in the bushes.

(Y/N): She always has such solid gold taunts like I do.

Rainbow Dash: Meh, yours don't always fall in line, but most of the time they're good.

Focusing back to the confrontation, Ahuizotl stands up on his haunches.

Ahuizotl: *laughs* Interesting, because my friends here have a proposal of their own.

A finger snap from his tail hand then brings out a familiar quartet of big cats, a lynx, tiger, panther, and a leopard. As they make their displeasure very clear, the white kitten who was also in on the fun emerges and yowls with arched back, swiping a set of claws at the air.

Rainbow sweats buckets from her hidden front-row seat and (Y/N) anticipates what Daring Do will do with a glare as she slowly backs up to face down the five tough cats before narrowing her eyes with determination.

Daring Do: Bring it!

The panther charges first, but is met by an uppercut that sends it flying backwards to hit the deck headfirst. Daring Do has barely come down from the strike before the tiger lunges in next.

Jumping over its attempt to grab her, Daring Do stomps it in the head and pushes off to launch a flying kick. The leopard takes this one in the mush, and she comes down to mix it up with the lynx. Rainbow just pounds her hooves on the ground fearfully and (Y/N) looks and tries to see an idea of helping out Daring Do.

Rainbow Dash: Come on, Daring Do, come on. . .

(Y/N) then get's an idea as he sees Daring Do's hat on the ground. He levitates it up before he throws it and it hits Ahuizotl's head who turns around to glare at (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hey, Ahuizotl! Your feline friends don't understand that you all need to hiss and make up with Daring Do!

Ahuizotl could definitely tell that (Y/N) was mocking him as he growls at him and it was what (Y/N) wanted as he gives a cocky smirk.

(Y/N): *chuckles* Sorry, I was kitten. But that's two strikes that I've taken at you, and now strike three's going to be my hooves against your skull!

(Y/N) then charges at Ahuizotl to give him a kick to the face knocking him back just a bit. Rainbow was surprised that (Y/N)'s suddenly engaged in battle with the large mythical creature before she calls out to him.

Rainbow Dash: (Y/N)! What should I do?!

(Y/N) dodges a swing from Ahuizotl's hand tail and looks back at Rainbow.

(Y/N): Anything helps! Just do something that comes to mind!

Ahuizotl: I did not think that Daring Do would bring some friends with her. This is most troublesome.

(Y/N): Hey, pal. I've done lots of dangerous adventuring myself, so me and Dashie here hold some surprises for ourselves as well.

(Y/N) lands on the ground and Ahuizotl tries to swipe him with one of his paws, but (Y/N) puts magic into both of his hooves and does a flurry of punches to drill himself into the ground surprising Ahuizotl. He looks inside of the hole to see that (Y/N) was gone and before he knew it, (Y/N) came back out of the ground from behind and kicks him in the back of the head.

Daring Do eyes (Y/N)'s fighting skills with Ahuizotl and raises an eyebrow.

Daring Do: . . .Big deal. I've handled Ahuizotl a ton of times with or without help from some alicorn stallion.

Daring Do then bucks a tiger away continuing her assault on the big cats. Rainbow Dash sees Daring Do's helmet once more on the ground and goes to pick it up.

Rainbow Dash: Daring Do! I've got your hat! You want me to toss it?

That statement was ignored as Daring Do was still holding her own against the cats while (Y/N) was still fighting Ahuizotl.

Rainbow Dash: Daring Do! Daring Do!

Ahuizotl then looks at Rainbow Dash with Daring Do's helmet. He sees (Y/N) about to drop kick him, but Ahuizotl was able to react and he uses his tail to grab (Y/N)'s leg and he throws him to the side.

When (Y/N) recovers from the throw, his eyes widen when he sees Rainbow Dash crying for help as she is held aloft by the villain's tail hand.

(Y/N): Rainbow!

When Daring Do hears the sound of (Y/N) calling out to his girlfriend, she looks and get's the same reaction that he had when she sees Ahuizotl has taken Rainbow Dash hostage.

However, this gives the four big cats plenty of time to hit Daring Do broadside and even the kitten get's in on the action. By the time the dust clears, Daring Do is securely trussed up from neck to rear hooves and grunting against her bonds. The tiger hoists her up in its teeth while Ahuizotl crosses the clearing to the cats. (Y/N) lands in front of Daring Do and confronts Ahuizotl.

(Y/N): Put her down!

Ahuizotl: Gladly!

Ahuizotl tosses Rainbow Dash down onto the ground and (Y/N) lands right beside her to help her stand up.

(Y/N): Okay, now let Daring Do go!

Ahuizotl wags his fingers denying that order.

Ahuizotl: Ah, ah, ah! I've already given you something, now I already have what I wanted in return.

(Y/N) & Rainbow Dash: What?!

Ahuizotl: Even though you're associated with Daring Do, we've only met once compared to her. Now I shall take Daring Do and the ring with me to not only get rid of my worst enemy, but also use the ring to unleash eight hundred years of unrelenting, sweltering heat!

Rainbow Dash: Don't worry, Daring Do! We'll come help you!

Daring Do: *glares* Don't bother!

(Y/N): What do you mean, "don't bother?!"

Daring Do: You've already helped plenty and just so you know your rainbow friend there screwed it all up! Don't even try and come help me! I'll find a way out by myself!

(Y/N): You can't be serious! I could just save you right now!

Daring Do: JUST LEAVE ALREADY!

Even Ahuizotl agrees to that as he shoos away both of the ponies before they all move out heading toward a temple that looked to be the fortress of Talacon. Being called a screw up crushed Rainbow Dash as she get's a downtrodden look.

Rainbow Dash: What have I done?

Rainbow Dash then turns to go and fly away being hurt by Daring Do's words and (Y/N) chases after her.

(Y/N): Rainbow, wait!

It is now the following day and (Y/N) was still looking, but he soon was able to find Rainbow Dash sitting listlessly on her haunches in a small clearing. He flies down to her concerned about her.

(Y/N): There you are! You're more elusive than I thought!

Rainbow Dash: Whatever. . .

(Y/N): Dash, forget what Daring Do said about you screwing up. She. . .

Rainbow Dash: No, (Y/N). . . She's right.  Daring Do and the ring have been captured by the dreaded Ahuizotl, and it's all my fault.

(Y/N): But Dash, I knew you were just trying to help. I was right there with you. I said you could help and you tried to see if you help Daring Do. To me though, it's her fault for not complying about accepting the offer for your help.

Rainbow Dash: Easy for you to say. You never ask for help either.

(Y/N): That may be true, but most of the time its when I can handle it. I've gotten help from fighting monsters before.

Rainbow Dash: She was able to handle her foes just fine without me (Y/N) and trying to help only made things worse. Twilight was right. We should've stayed out of this.

(Y/N): Rainbow, it was your idea to come here. Daring Do thought that all we were doing was just getting in the way, but her own way of thinking contradicts of what she does when she writes her stories as A.K. Yearling. She literally let's the entire world of Equestria see what she does for a living, but she never wants help from anypony. Now how does that make any sense?

Rainbow Dash: But you heard her, (Y/N). She just told us to leave.

(Y/N) then get's a serious look as he sits beside Rainbow Dash and wraps a hoof around her.

(Y/N): And you're just gonna take that?! Where's the Dashie that I know and love who loves to be a daredevil? The one who's so confident that she knows that she could beat me in a race? What about the one who's also loyal to anypony out there?

Rainbow pushes (Y/N)'s hoof of herself and crosses her forelegs with ignorance.

Rainbow Dash: She's here where she's got no business being. She should be at home.

(Y/N): Oh, for Celestia's sake! Come on! Did I give up on you when you were trying to perform the sonic rainboom?! Did I give up on you when you were losing to Lightning Dust at the Wonderbolts Academy?!

Rainbow's eyes opened wide as she turns to (Y/N) who smiles at her.

(Y/N): Yeah! You know the answer to that! I could've just walked away at anytime and think that you've got this all by yourself! And you said yourself, there's a difference between pushing yourself and just being reckless. . . You are reckless at times, but most of the time you do it to protect your friends.

Rainbow Dash then slowly gets a small smile from (Y/N) getting her out of the dumps.

(Y/N): Daring Do is acting no different to how Lightning Dust was. She thinks that she can't be the reckless one, but not accepting help is indeed a reckless decision. That's what makes you so different and special from her Dashie. You don't mind the help at all especially when we're all together.

Rainbow then nervously laughs as she rubs the back of her head.

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, I guess so. I mean it's kind of embarrassing to say that I didn't become how awesome that I am alone by myself, but it's true. I had my friends and. . . my boyfriend with me.

(Y/N) chuckles from that before he kisses Rainbow on the lips surprising her just a little before she melts into it and kisses him back. It didn't last very long and they both break apart from each other at one another.

(Y/N): So, you ready to tell Daring Do that she'll have to take our help whether she likes it or not?

Rainbow Dash: You bet.

???: Thank goodness you two are alright!

The two look to the side and they see that the rest of the Mane 7 have arrived as they came looking for them.

Twilight Sparkle: You two aren't hurt are you?

(Y/N): No. We just had a little run-in with Ahuizotl and Daring Do kept telling us that she didn't need our help.

Rainbow Dash: However, that isn't gonna happen! She thinks that we'll just leave her be while we stay behind, but when are we ever ponies to turn down somepony who needs help at the drop of a hat.

Rarity: A pith helmet seems more appropriate.

(Y/N): Either way, we don't care what she says. I'm helping Daring Do cause it's the right thing to do. Not just because she's the protagonist of the book series that I love.

Applejack: Well, Looks a mite like she needs our help more than ever!

(Y/N): Come on, girls. Let's save Daring Do and get that ring back from Ahuizotl!

The rest of the girls all let out agreeing noises to that as they head back in the direction to where the fortress was.

Inside of the fortress being held at a still lower height is Daring Do. Her back is against an adjoining wall and her hooves are clamped down to hold her in a spreadeagle position. The room that she was imprisoned in contains a depth of water, and there were vicious-looking toothed fish swimming lazily around in it. Daring boggles at the sight before struggles once more.

Daring Do: Surrender now, Ahuizotl, or I'll be forced to take you down!

Ahuizotl just steps to the doorway and laughs exultantly.

Ahuizotl: *laughs* Oh, Daring Do, I will so miss your amusing laughter-jokes. Now, I must leave to commence the ring-placing ceremony to unleash eight hundred years of unrelenting, sweltering heat!

Daring Do grimaces mightily at this announcement. Ahuizotl pulls a nearby rope and laughs madly. Water gushes into the room through the port underneath the doorway as he waves goodbye and clears out.

The fish then start jumping, but Daring Do keeps her cool and starts her muscles working on the clamps again. After a second or two, the stone to which one hind leg is attached comes loose, dragging the limb toward the rising water and those very hungry fish.

Now properly scared, Daring Do pulls again and gets her other hind leg free in the same way; a foreleg is next, leaving her full weight and that of the three blocks dangling from the other one. A heave, a grind of stone sliding on stone as sweat pours down her face, and she drops away from the wall.

Her wings cannot provide enough lift to keep her from sinking toward the water, but before she can become fish bait, Rainbow Dash swoops across to hoist her out.

Rainbow Dash: Gotcha!

Rainbow Dash pumps her wings like mad to haul up Daring Do, not helped a bit by the fact that she is too stunned to use her own.

Rainbow Dash: You can flap too, y'know!

She finally does, adding enough lift to allow Rainbow Dash to set her on the ledge, and stomps a bit to break one block and throw off its clamp. Some magic noises were then heard as both look to see (Y/N) blasting the water coming out of the drain with magic and he froze the water into solid ice so the water level couldn't rise anymore. He joins the other two as Daring Do just acts snarky.

Daring Do: I was just about to save myself, y'know.

(Y/N): *sarcastically* Yeah, sure. We brought you something that belongs to you though.

Rainbow then slides Daring Do's helmet in front of the adventurer's hooves and her face shifts from annoyance to mild puzzlement and back as she picks it up.

Daring Do: Have I mentioned yet that I work alone?

Both Rainbow Dash and (Y/N) look at one another with a smirk.

Rainbow Dash: Have we mentioned that WE don't?

(Y/N): And there's no I in team. . . Heck, there's not even an I in alone. We just helped you get out of that death trap, so the least you can do is let us tag along to take down Ahuizotl.

Daring Do rolls her eyes from that with a weary sigh and forces a small grin onto her face before she gallops away from the intended deathtrap with Rainbow Dash and (Y/N) flying close behind.

In a long chamber with an altar at one end, on which Ahuizotl is standing under a skylight. Stallions line both sides of the central aisle leading to this and are dressed in tribal garb, have face paint, and are armed with spears, whose shafts they are pounding against the floor.

In front of Ahuizotl is a stone spindle inscribed with runes and supporting a tower of gold rings whose diameters steadily decrease from bottom to top. The last, smallest one is being held up by two stallions who are balancing partway up the tower on opposite sides.

The five other mares of the Mane 7 then peek their heads into view from the head of an aisle and they see Ahuizotl laughing wildly before they walk inside to confront him.

Applejack: Drop the ring, Ahui. . . whatever your name is!

Ahuizotl grunts in surprise before he turns to the stallion holding up the ring.

Ahuizotl: Hmph, place the ring, quickly!

Here comes Pinkie, doing a high-speed version of her normal hopping until she gets close enough to the altar to take it in one leap. She ends up on top of the spindle, knocking the ring-holders away and letting the item drop around her neck and work its way down to her midsection as she uses it as a hula hoop.

She then shucks the ring back along her body length and lets it fly off her hind legs. A quick jump off the spindle puts Pinkie out of reach of Ahuizotl's tail hand.

Ahuizotl: Get it!

The ring is sent over to Applejack, who bucks it away and dives aside to let two of the enemies ram each other head-on. She catches it in her teeth, but only gets a few steps before a thrown spear trips her up.

The ring clatters to the floor and is picked up by a goon once the spear has been removed. An expert throw sends it toward Ahuizotl's outstretched hand, but Fluttershy inserts herself in its path and ends up holding the golden relic.

Fluttershy flies frantically across the chamber, Ahuizotl gaining ground all the time, and lets it drop onto Twilight's horn as she gallops in the opposite direction. The female alicorn skids to a stop, fires up her horn, and teleports away to achieve the same result letting the stallions ram into each other.

Rainbow Dash, (Y/N), and Daring Do finally enter the scene as they see the all out brawl taking place.

Daring Do: You two, come with me!

Near the spindle, Twilight flips the ring up for a mouth-catch by Applejack. Both drop out of sight just before the trio from earlier put their heads out from behind the stack.

Daring Do: Help me get all these rings off!

Rainbow Dash and (Y/N) nod as they all put their hooves under a set of three rings and with some effort, they were able to take just those off before going on to take care of the rest.

Back with the other five mares, the top ring sails toward Fluttershy, but is intercepted by an upward spear thrust. It slides down toward the stallion holding the weapon, but Applejack kicks the shaft out of his grip and again gets the ring in her mouth, earning an angry glower.

At the altar, several rings have been flung off, but the remaining ones are large enough that Rainbow, (Y/N), and Daring Do must lift and throw them off one at a time. The following exchange is delivered with some effort on both parts.

Daring Do: If we can remove the giant ring at the bottom, the whole fortress will collapse!

They all start to haul it up as it is the only one left and without doubt the heaviest.

Rainbow Dash: W-Was this your plan all along?

Daring Do: I had to find a way to get into the fortress.

(Y/N): Wait! So did you mean all of that when you said that we were useless?

Daring Do: Yes and no. . . .Mostly no though considering that I didn't count on this ring being so heavy.

(Y/N): Well, now either way, don't you see that sometimes it takes more than just one pony to get the job done. There are some things that can be done alone, but it always better to have somepony by your side to lend an extra hoof or two.

Daring Do: You're right. Sorry, I was so stubborn earlier towards the both of you.

This earns a grateful smile from both of the helpers. Meanwhile, the top ring rolls across the floor toward Pinkie, but a stallion hip-checks her out of the way and flicks it to one side. It sails over spears and hooves and finally comes to a stop in the grip of Ahuizotl's tail hand.

He lifts the ring with a laugh of crazed triumph, paying no mind to the rumbling that has started up. The rest of the ponies, however, notice it in short order and stop tussling over the scattered rings with a round of very scared glances.

Bits of crumbling stone rain down around Rainbow, (Y/N), and Daring Do as they ever so slowly raise the bottom ring toward the spindle's peak. Once Ahuizotl finally turns his attention toward the pair, he aims one emphatically pointed finger their way.

Ahuizotl: STOP HER!

Three of his minions close in on the altar to try the stop the trio from escaping. Daring Do grunts with the spears poking towards her and she parries one with her hind legs before looking back at Rainbow.

Daring Do: *straining* You can flap too, y'know!

Having her own words thrown back at her sparks Rainbow Dash to throw her wings into overdrive, and soon they have the ring almost at the top.

(Y/N): Everypony, run! Get out of the fortress before it's crumbles!

Everypony does so trying to escape the fortress before they get crushed by the place. The great ring is finally hoisted up and off the spindle, which cracks and disintegrates into sparkling dust, and the pair airlift it out through the skylight. Ahuizotl makes one last desperate grab up through the boiling dust, but gets only a handful of air before falling back into the murk.

Outside, the entire fortress came down right after all of the Mane 7 and Daring Do escape with the ring out of the place.

Inside of all of the destroyed rubble, several stallions emerge out of the place before Ahuizotl climbs up with an irritated expression as he holds a fist up.

Ahuizotl: DARING DO! I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!

The bottom ring that (Y/N), Rainbow, and Daring Do were carrying is flung down, shattering to bits on the ground, and Daring Do gives the two a genuine smile for the first time.

Daring Do: You two really helped me back there. I don't think I could've done it without your help.

(Y/N): We're always willing to help even the most courageous of ponies out there. It's our duty and we stick to it.

Daring Do: I see why they call you the Hero of Equestria. And Rainbow Dash, you're no screw up at all. You really have someone's back when they need the help.

Daring Do holds out a hoof to shake, but gets an enthusiastic hug instead from Rainbow Dash and she returns a smile and a little nuzzle. When Rainbow Dash shows no signs of releasing her hold after some seconds, (Y/N) chuckles.

(Y/N): Um, Dash. . . I think Daring Do wants her personal space back now.

Rainbow Dash: Oh, right.

Rainbow let's go with an embarrassed smile as Daring Do adjusts her hat.

Daring Do: No biggie. I'll see you two later. I've got a book to finish!

She flies off as both Rainbow and (Y/N) wave goodbye. (Y/N) then wraps a foreleg around Rainbow as she smiles and pecks him on the cheek as they watch her fly off.

Rainbow Dash: This had to be one of the best adventures that I've ever had!

(Y/N): Same here.

Rainbow Dash: I still wish I could get to see the new Daring Do book in the next few months a little early.

(Y/N) looks at Rainbow Dash when she said that and get's an idea in his head as he smirks.

A few months later, one week before Daring Do release. . .

Rainbow Dash was in her house as she was writing her thoughts down in the journal that Twilight made for everypony to write on what they learned and did throughout their journey of discovering the keys.

Rainbow Dash: (Just had the coolest adventure with the coolest pony ever. Came this close to blowing it because I got so wrapped up in how awesome she was, I almost forgot about how awesome I was. Good thing I didn't, 'cause it gave me a chance to show her how important it is to put your trust in somepony else.)

As she got done writing with that, there was knock on the front door and Rainbow goes over to open it to find (Y/N) with two packages in his magical grasp.

Rainbow Dash: Hey babe. Whatcha got there?

(Y/N): *chuckles* Open it and see for yourself.

Rainbow then take one of the packages and she rips it open instantly and what she sees next brought a huge gasp of excitement as she sees that its the new book that she had been waiting for, Daring Do and The Ring of Destiny. Not only that, but both Rainbow and (Y/N) were on the book covers as well.

Rainbow Dash: When did you get this?!

(Y/N): A month ago, I asked how Daring Do aka A.K. Yearling was with finishing her book so I asked her if it would be alright if I got three copies of the book specifically for me, you, and Twilight that were a week before the official release. I already gave Twilight hers, but I knew you would be excited once I showed this to you.

Rainbow Dash grins and instantly went into fangirling mode as she flies all across the room.

Rainbow Dash: Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

She stops flying right in front of (Y/N) as she takes the book and not only that she grabs (Y/N)'s face to pull him for a short, but sweet kiss.

Rainbow Dash: Best! Boyfriend! Ever! Come on, let's go read it together in my room!

(Y/N): Sounds good!

Both of the flyers then excitedly rush ahead to go and read their new precious books together from their favorite author and the adventurer mare that they helped solve together, Daring Do.

Chapter 5 End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 51 6
"Maybe you should talk with her. You'll never know know if you don't try.." "She won't listen to me. She hates me. I don't want to be ignored, not ag...
12.9K 138 11
(This is my first TMNT/MLP crossover, so please don't be rude) Twilight is a alicorn who want to be a human to be with her loved one, Prince Leonardo...
16.3K 506 35
Tirek was defeated, Discord was an ally, Queen Chrysalis banished, and King Sombra was dead...All seemed perfect in the land of Equestria...that is...
9.3K 179 18
Since, Sunset Shimmer was a unicorn and has come across to the magical mirror, becoming a teenage girl in the human world. Sunset has ruled Canterlot...