Death Wish | Finn Wolfhard

By nesquickfinnie

y/n and Finn put the pieces of his life back together after the demise of his wife. [ finn wolfhard x fem!rea... More

❝ death wish ❞
──CHARACTERS──
001; love, mills
002; drinks and old friends
003; we meet again
004; love, loss, and legacy
005; major problem
006; Avery
007; the ultimatum
008; the ultimatum pt. 2
009; batter up
010; just like old times
011; out sick
012: my person
013; major role
014; the ghost of you
015; fast wheels
016; irreplaceable
017; minor inconvenience
018; patience
019; out of the woods
020; surprise visit
021; birthday boy
022; you just got served
023; lost boy
024; hate to see your heart break
025; I'm bad news
026; make it right
027; the fundraising night
028; who wants to be a godparent
029; sign of the times
030; a hard day's night
031; miles away
032; cruel summer
034; words are just words
035; obligations
036; (no) offerings
037: play this when I'm gone
038; line without a hook
039; for lifers
040; bestie nuptials
041; something new
042; pity party
043; blast from the past
044; trailer read?
045; from right here
046; meant to be
047; wildest dreams
048; welcome home
049; brighter
050; new beginnings
051; how I met your father
052; yellow
053; better together
054; happiest place
055; end of an era
a/n ❤️
056; wait, what?
057; dream a little dream of me
058; chances
059; biological clock
060; the decision
061; last forever
062; this side of paradise
063; sanctuary
064; world's best...
065; take me home
066; LIFELONG WISH
DW CANONVERSE MEMES
💌

033; lie on water

1.6K 82 77
By nesquickfinnie

。\|/。

chapter 33

lie on water

。/|\。

The first month of vacation has blinked, as Y/N made the most out of her stay. Time really do flies when you're having fun. The second month, she stared out the window in a funk, spending most of her days chilling in the penthouse. By week six, leftover work had started to pile up for her to accomplish.

Yet, she was able to manage her time, working whilst spending their little family vacation.

Though, one night, on the way home from a night out, Y/N stumbled upon one of the locals handing out flyers to passers-by through the pebbly streets.

She politely rejected, but the flier somehow found its way onto her hands. She saw it was an ad for a new hot spring wellness resort approximately an hour outside of the city as she read through the writings.

She realized it's a new place, somewhere she's never gone before. and so the next day, she took Vivian and Rosie to have a relaxing day.

But today, it's different. She intends to go by herself after a long day of virtual meetings and finishing up of designs.

"Thank you." She nods at the receptionist, walking into the room to settle her belongings and change. Once done, Y/N walked up to one of the stone-y, warm pools, carefully dipping her body and sitting up on the surface.

After successfully immersing your body into the water, you exhaled a sigh of relief, your arms supporting your torso as you closed your eyes.

As you placed your feet in the shallow, heated water, a hum slipped through your throat. The liquid held you fiercely as you finally let your entire body to rest in the lukewarm water and chilly wind in the air.

The fact that not many people are strolling around the area that you're in right now since it was a secluded area made you feel at ease. 

Plus, you were separated from the side of the resort where people congregated in the public pools and areas by a slew of stones.

The silence was so quiet, and it made you feel too comfortable. You carefully lowered your arms from the ledges, slumping the rest of your body into the water, leaving only your eyes, nose, and mouth above the water's surface.

Slowly closing your eyes, you marveled at how perfectly the breeze saturated your now-soaked hair. It felt really good to just buoyantly float since you were actually on top of a literal waterbed.

You let your consciousness slip from your formerly tight grip as you are calmed by the nature's enticing charms.

Y/n

When life tends to get too complex, too fast, too cluttered, too deadline oriented, or too type A for you, stop and remember your own spirit.

You're headed for inspiration, a simple, peaceful place where you're in harmony with the perfect timing of all creation.

But what if you don't have one?

Well, it turns out that every man must have a peaceful place to contemplate. and if you do not have such a place, you must find one.

I felt my eyes slowly open, meeting the harsh rays of the sun. From instinct, I immediately look away, only to feel my whole body laid on sand.

and that was the moment wherein my surroundings stirred clear, I felt the cool breeze hit my skin as I sit up before my eyes land on the clear blue blanket of water endlessly flowing through the horizon.

A flock of seagulls flew by as I got up, my feet meeting the soft, pure white sand.

God, it was so peaceful and tranquil. It's as if I can stay here forever, exploring every area of the place.

I turned my head to take a good look of everything, realizing that I had the whole beautiful place to myself.

It was before I decided to walk towards the shore, right where the see meets land. I finally step on the damp sand, just before a small wave hits and comes in contact with my feet, a bit of water splashing to the hem of the white dress I wore.

I had no idea where I was, but I didn't mind it.

The next thing I knew, I slightly bend down to feel the water with my hands, a smile painting on my lips.

I felt the water vividly flow past my palms, along with small bits of sand. After a moment of splashing around, I decided to dry up back into the sea side.

But my gaze seemed to be too fixed to the endless ocean, almost ignoring something else that was going on. 

"Here you go." I hear a thick English accent coming from my right.

I grew curious, having thought that I had the place to myself. And so I averted my gaze to the source, to my surprise, seeing...

"Millie?!" And there she stood behind me, holding out a small towel for me to use. "Hey." She smiled back before taking a seat on the tree log, keeping a few inches between us.

My jaw fell open as I dried up my hands, my eyes still fixed to the woman as she admired the sea just like how I was doing earlier.

Am I dead?

"No, you're not dead." She spoke. "How—" "This is your beach, Y/N. and I was told that you may need a word from me." She interrupted, as if she could read all my thoughts.

"Millie..." I reached for her shoulder. "Why are we here?" I questioned. "Like I told you, this is your safe space. It's brilliant, I love it." She remarked.

"Have you ever wondered why you're so good at helping everyone but yourself?" She started. "What do you mean?" I was confused.

"You're contented with everything but yourself." She plainly answered.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"See, you think Vivian and Rosie will have a good life in Paris like you did. Arthur and Owen are doing fine on their own, your friends are happy with their own lives, your work is doing perfect, and lastly, Finn and Avery are finally starting to get at peace with me being gone." She explained.

"You feel like you've done everything for everyone." She concluded. "Right...?"

"But, girl, go give yourself a pat on the back. You deserve to help yourself too." She advised. "I'm... on a vacation right now." I explained.

"You just slept on a dangerously hot hot spring." She pointed out. "Oh, crap, go, wake me up." I insisted, holding her right hand up to my cheek.

"You'll do that on your own." She shook her head, letting go of my hand.

"Right." I agreed and got up. She followed shortly before we started walking down the shore.

"Tell me about everything." She spoke. "From that pep talk you just gave, I'm pretty sure you already know everything about my life." I chuckled.

"Well, kind of." She laughed. "But still, you can tell me anything. This is still your safe place." She insisted.

"Well, uh... Noah and his wife had a new baby. and he's adorable." I spoke. "and he picked everyone as a godparent." She finished. "Yeah, I was there. You all went wild." She chuckled.

"You know, you could've made a really good godmother. I can tell how badly Noah wished you were there." I spoke.

"Well, I think he understands." "Right." I agreed.

"Your son is adorable." I blurt. "Avery is a sweet kid. You handle him very well, and sorry if he can be a brat sometimes." She chuckled. 

"You know, when you have a little boy like that, it's hard to let go." She spoke. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be, sometimes I still stick around and yell at him what to do." She says. "That's why he's such a smart kid. I can tell he's always been too smart for his age."

"Yeah, he definitely is." She agreed.

"You know, I'll tell you this—" We stopped our tracks as she faced me. "I understand that Finn can be really stubborn, whiny, and distant when he feels upset, but... you know him the best." She spoke.

"What are you saying— Look, I will always love him. I will always make sure he gets what he needs and I trust you the most. Just, whatever gets in between the two of you, you're stronger than that. He might not show it, but he really cares. See him when you get home." She advised.

"You're right."

"I know." She chuckled before taking our seat on a wooden bench. 

"Is this all real? Cause it feels like it is. It's so real. Or, you know, this is just all in my head like, my subconsciousness trying to tell me something." I wondered.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" She answered. 

"You did not just quote Dumbledore on me." I spoke.

"Seriously, I don't know how else to put it, and it's the first thing that came in mind." She rambled, making me laugh.

"You know, in another life, I think we could've made a damn good pair of besties." I blurt. "What makes you think we can't in this life?" She raised a brow.

"Like what I said, this is your beach. Your safe space. I can be your person. You can always come here anytime." She says.

"Really?"

"Of course." She nodded before I went in for an embrace. 

If you told me that I will be this comfortable with Millie Bobby Brown, I wouldn't believe you in a million years. But I am just so at peace, and no negative emotions dared to come in mind.

This beach is a quiet and peaceful place - and a fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tragedies to rest.

... like I've kind of gotten to a peaceful place in my heart.

"Y/N!" Jack cried once more, continuing to shake Y/N awake in panic.

Y/N gasped awake, choking out the water that had been stuck on her throat for the past couple of minutes. 

As it was only him and her in the secluded part of the hot springs resort, beneath the chilly spring wind, Jack was hyperventilating with panic. 

"Thank god!" He breathed out in relief before engulfing her into a hug. "Wh-what happened? What are you doing here?" She coughed.

"You almost drowned!" He croaked out. 

A faint sigh escaped Y/N's lips before going in to hug Jack. 

"I- I thought I lost you! Wha- what if the baby comes and you're not around anymore?! I don't wanna raise some stupid baby who's never met you!" He exclaimed, causing Y/N's eyes to open wide.

"The what comes now?!?!" She pulled away in disbelief. "We just found out we're pregnant!" He cried. "Oh, sweetie." Y/N cooed before hugging her best friend once more.

"Don't scare me like that again! I, I wouldn't know what to do!" He cried before taking Y/N in his arms, carrying her into the nearest seat.

"Thank you." She spoke.

"God, how can you be so warm and cold at the same time?!" He remarked before taking a towel and tossing it to her. "Are you alright?! Can you breathe? Do we have to go to a hospital?" He threw her a couple of questions.

"I'm alright, I feel great." She answered as she clutched on the towel wrapped around her body.

"Great, cause I'm running out of the French phrases I know and I won't know how to take you to the hospital." He exclaimed, making Y/N laugh. "Right?"

"No, I mean, great that you're fine! Do you have like a room or something in here? Let's get you warm." He suggested. "Yeah, just right inside." Y/N points

"Don't do that again, please." Jack caught his breath on a wooden chair by the vanity desk.

"I just fell asleep." Y/N explained.

"How did you find me?" Y/N wondered as she left the bathroom, wrapping up a towel around her hair. "Snap location." Jack answered as he spun around the seat.

"Why are you here anyways?" She wondered. "Look, listen to me." He demanded before leaving the seat.

"I know you're planning to move back here." He says. "How did— you didn't have to tell me. When you called, it's like you were saying goodbye. Come on, Y/N... giving your place to me and Cylia?!"

"Anyways..." Jack trailed off as he took a step closer to her.

"Y/N, you have to come home. You and Finn belong with each other— friends or together. You don't see it, but the two of you have something people search their whole lives for and never find. I know you care for him, and you know what he's going through. and If it weren't for you, he's probably in a really bad place right now." He spoke before taking out a ticket from the inside of his blazer.

"I bought you a ticket home." Y/N took the pass in her hands, delicately observing the flight details.

"Finn is the best guy I know. and it won't be long until someone else realizes that, and you'll lose him again. I can't stand the thought of that happening." He finished.

"and I don't know if you'd like to keep your mom and sister here so I only bought one ticket but I can totally make a quick book onli— Grazer!" She cut off his rambling.

"I will come home." She spoke.

"Thank god." Jack sighed in relief.

"But I do have to leave mom and Rosie here. They love it here and they'd like to stay for a little  longer." Y/N finished up drying her hair and took her purse.

"I'll be back, and we'll be on our way home." She added.

"Alright, I'll wait right here." Jack agreed as Y/N opened the door.

"Also one thing!" He called.

"Yes, you can call room service and get yourself some lobster or whatever. order anything you want." She spoke for him.

"You read my mind!"

Send out love and harmony, put your mind and body in a peaceful place, and then allow the universe to work in the perfect way that it knows how.

Today, I visited a very beautiful place I never knew existed, and it gave me so much inner peace. 

The intellect has little to do on the road to discovery. There comes a leap in consciousness, call it Intuition or what you will, the solution comes to you and you don't know how or why.

But It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. 

One must work at it.

one of my fave chapters (so far ;) ) btw

I wanna do another chapters sneak peek but it might give away something 😳

also i really hope this isn't boring y'all lmAOooooo

ily all, stay safe always thank you so much for over 1k votes and 13k reads 😫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 718 21
- lowercase intended - * (au) sometimes, it isn't impossible to meet your soulmate in a bar. * finn wolfhard x fem reader
129K 2K 11
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, she despite's the pop star finn wolfhard but quickly start to see there's more to the famous singer. ༄ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃! 【finn wol...
175K 2.5K 34
{COMPLETED} {Highest Ranking: #18 in Finn Wolfhard} What happens when Finn Wolfhard is your new roommate? Will it be difficult? Will he like you? Bu...
67.4K 1.5K 33
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 i write imagines about yalls favorite canadian boy. ( finn wolfhard x fem reader ) ( lowercase intended )