017; minor inconvenience

。\|/ 。

chapter 17

minor inconvenience

。/|\ 。

Y/n

"Come on, Avery. I'm running late." I button up my shirt, peeking my head through his doorway. I really hoped we didn't get ourselves in a really bad situation. I got no response from him and he just continued dressing up.

"Come downstairs when you're finished, okay??" I politely ask before closing his bedroom door and then sprinting downstairs.

I command my phone to call Jodi, holding it up near my face while I plate the toast I've made earlier. "Hi, I might run a little late. Do you mind calling me when my clients comes by??" I stared setting Avery's breakfast down the counter.

"Will do ma'am, is that all?"

"Yes, thank you very much."

I decided to went through my laptop for a moment as I wait for Avery.

30 mins later

Time went by really fast, I didn't notice that I've been reading and responding to e-mails for the past thirty minutes. Avery still hasn't come down, making me worried.

"Avery, let's go!" I call one more time before answering my ringing phone. "Go."

"Good morning, Ms. Y/N. Mr. Grant had arrived and is waiting for you."

"Can you please put him on the phone?"

"Good morning."

"Hey, Phil. Good morning. I'm sorry, I'm afraid I have a little problem here and I'm not quite sure how long exactly this will take." I shove my laptop into my work bag then peeked up he stairs, seeing Avery close his bedroom door.

"It's totally fine, I understand. We can just reschedule."

"Perfect. My secretary will get in touch with you." Avery started walking down the stairs, holding on to the railing.

"Alright, I'll see you around." He responds, and I take out my hand for Avery once he reached the end of the staircase.

"Goodbye." Avery didn't look me in the eye and just walked past my hand, heading to the kitchen himself.

"Ooookay then." I sighed, shoving the device back in my pocket. "Come on, have your breakfast in the car. I'm running super late."

Avery took the food, rather firmly from the counter and stomped to the door. I quickly shoved my stuff in my bag, and took my coat, catching up to him while we walk to the car.

What a blast of cold air in the morning...

"Hi Y/N, miss me??" Josh was quick to pick up my call.