Black Haired Devil || Corpse...

By mwaktastrophe

"Waddup baby" the boy spoke, with a deep soothing and raspy voice,still staring into the girl's eyes. At th... More

Authors note
Chapter one: The Sandwich
Chapter two: The Cat
Chapter three: The purple bunny
Chapter four: Jelly
Chapter five: The Foil
Chapter Six: Lie
Chapter eight: Water droplets
Chapter nine: Bad combination
Chapter ten: Three unsaid things
Chapter eleven: Surprises
Chapter twelve: Stealing
Chapter thirteen: Unplanned
Chapter fourteen: Reward
Chapter fifteen: Insecurities
Chapter sixteen: Defense
Chapter Seventeen: Truth
Chapter eighteen: Healing wounds
Chapter nineteen: Distance

Chapter seven: Burried

1.4K 48 0
By mwaktastrophe

"Are you both daydreaming now?"

An almost empty bowl of pasta appeared in Mac's vision as she returned her mind to the restaurant table where they were sitting.

She turned her head to meet with a blinking Corpse at her right, and afterwards, a confused Hannah at her left.

"You really manage to get Corpse daydreaming as well" the blonde one comented.

The best friends shared a look, a million words left unsaid, and then continued eating their respective food plates.

They had both been lost in their memories from the night when they shared a kiss, when a heart got broken and another one got tense.

"So should i tell Jimmy you want to meet him?" Hannah asked, in hopes her friend would give her a proper answer this time.

Mac turned to look at her, while the male sitting next to her looked at her direction. The truth is, Mac was scared. She was scared of falling for another guy and getting her heart broken once again. But could she even fall for another guy when the Corpse was buried deep inside her mind?

"Sure" her mouth spoke by itself. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, she could force herself to like someone else, and finally bury those feelings that the guy next to her managed to awake. Hannah, satisfied with her friend's answer, unlocked her phone with a smile present on her face and texted a number right away.

Corpse scoffed next to her, and went back to getting his attention to his food plate.

"What's your fucking problem?" she asked annoyed, just like on that day when they first met. "Can't you just be happy for me instead of scoffing about everything i do?"

They wouldn't fight often, and when they did it would be over the stupidest shit, nothing never actually serious. However, this once, she had enough.

The guy placed his fork down on his plate, afterwards, he made a 90 degree turn and faced the female with one of the most cold expressions Mac had seen on his face.

"Why would i be happy about you being dumb enough to set yourself up for heartbreak?"

"Not all boys are like you, Corpse, there are some guys out there who ACTUALLY care about the people they are set up with" She mimicked his expression. Mac was exhausted of his attitude, it was time for him to understand.

"So you're assuming i don't care about girls?" A mix of disbelief with hurt was present in the guy's voice.

"I'm not assuming, I know you don 't, as your best friend, I know that's your way of having fun, nothing serious, not caring about how hurt they'll be afterwards." Mac pronounced with a bitter tone, as if she was talking more from her personal experience than from what she had seen.

"I care about YOU, and that should be enough" numbness present in his eyes, as if he was done with her senseless talking already.

"You sureeee do" Sarcasm leaving her mouth, "you show it just perfectly"

"I don't need to show it for it to be true"

"Then you could be just fooling everyone around you, maybe even yourself" the bitterness on her tone reflected everything she once kept to herself, "What are you hiding, Corpse?"

"You are the one fooling yourself, why do u doubt me so much?" he managed to skip her question by making another one.

"Cuz! I know you, and i know that if-"

She stopped herself.

If i ever tell you how i feel you will just toy with my feelings.

That's what she wanted to say, but the words never came out of her mouth.

"If?" he asked, with a calmer tone and less sharp eyes, making Mac wonder if he had some sort of borderline disorder.

Before she was able to reply, or give a sarcastic answer, she was interrupted, again.

"Sir, your check" the waitress pronounced as she handed Corpse two pieces of paper, one containing the check, the other one containing what Mac assumed was the girl's phone number.

The guy took a look at both of the papers before using his right hand to crumble the latter one, in front of the girl who handed it to him. Followed by this, he looked straight into the waitress eyes and gave her the emptiest eyes there are possible to be made.

The girl understood the message and proceeded to pick the empty plates resting on the table before leaving.

"So the party plan is still up?" Jackson questioned out loud while holding Lucy's hand over the table.

Over the last couple of months, their relationship had improved greatly, they were official already and in contrast to the beginnings of it, they were not scared to show it publicly anymore.

"Im in" Rae commented, followed by nods coming from two of the other taken boys present at the table.

"Sure" Corpse mentioned, his deep voice sounding hoarse.

Mac felt sick.

Not the type of sickness when you get a fever, a cold, and you start coughing and sneezing. She felt sick as the pit of her stomach tightened and food threatened to come out of her mouth.

"Im going home" she pronounced. Either way, what was the point of going to a party she didn't want to attend, just to have even a better view of how Corpse flirted with girls continuously.

At home, a nice bowl of ice cream, her hoodies, and Miyamura were waiting for her. She didn't need high teenageers to feel good. Therefore, between the party, and the comfort of her bed, she decided the later one was the better option.

Her friends managed to read perfectly through her expression, in a way that even if they were not sure of what had happened with mac and corpse, they knew she was not feeling well.

"Do you want us to cancel?" Lucy asked her friend with big worried eyes.

"No,its okay, you can go." She said, feeling a bit guilty.

"I'll stay with Mac" The red haired girl commented.

"Me too" Hannah and Lara spoke in unison, adding themselves in the conversation.

"Its really not necesa-" The alluded girl tried to stop them

"I was not planning on going anyway" the girl with golden locks explained, "now we can not go together."

"Then its okay if the rest of us go?" Laura asked, not wanting to be rude but also not wanting to miss the party.

"Yeah sure, its fine"

They all started standing up, and then, headed over to the parking lot.

"You're not going with Skykunno?" Karin asked Lara next to her.

"I Rather stay... that doesn't mean he cannot go and have fun with his friends."

Stan a non toxic, non possessive relationship.

Not the same case for everyone, though.

"What about Corpse?" the smallest girl asked the tallest.

"I don't need him to be my nanny, he can do whatever he wants" Mac spat, a significant amount of angriness evident in her tone.

"Hey, don't think about him, he'll regret it eventually" the blue haired girl told her.

With that, the four introverted girls, ironically the ones with the dyed hair, hopped into Karin's car.

Before Karin got the car to drive off, from the backseat, Mac saw Corpse look at her direction through the window. His honey eyes looked straight into hers, with an ice glare while at the same time a ocean of emotions, Mac couldn't quite grasp exploded in them. Confusion? Hatred? Worryness? Anger? She couldn't interpret it well, but one thing she was sure of , was that he was not happy.

Lara took her phone out and connected it to the car's speaker, letting Bad guy  blast through the vehicle.

" so what happened back at the table?" Lara looked back from the front seat at Mac.

"What makes you think something happened?" the girl answered while looking at her friend.

"Don't even try to hide it, its evident. Did Corpse get you annoyed again?" Hannah asked next to her

"Not at all" the sarcasm always permanent in her tone.

"I really think you should tell him how you feel. He might change his ways if he knows u like him." the driver commented while looking at the girl through the front mirror

"Nothing would change, or maybe it might even worsen up. He doesn't like me back, he will either be awkward about it or try to use it to his advantage."

"Since when do u give up that easily?" one of the girls asked, "okay so lets say he doesn't like you back, which we do not know, he tries to use you, you say no, thats it."

"Now, imagine that he likes you back" another voice added, "you get together, you kiss, hug, and have s-"

"I think we get it, Karin" The blue haired interrupted the girl at her left.

"Shared secrets! Dirty minds" The driver commented, trying to hold her laugh.

This made Mac crack up a side smile, letting her mind doze off from the ongoing problem that was roaming through her head seconds earlier. She preferred talking about other topics that did not involve her, her problems nor her love dilemmas, it only emphasized the ache in both her mind and heart. Therefore, taking to her advantage the change in environment present in the car, she cracked up a sarcastic comment, making the other three girls laugh. After a number of laughs, the girls arrived at Mac's house, in where they all let themselves in as if they lived there already.

"Is your mom home?" the red haired girl asked as they stepped into the house.

"No, they are both on night shifts today."

As a result of both of her parents being doctors,and her brother studying abroad, Mac used to have the house to herself quite often. On those times, she'd call her friends over, and sometimes most times, Corpse.

The girls went all the way to her kitchen, one grabbed a bag of takis, another one the box of flips and the last one served herself some vanilla ice cream from the fridge. Literally, owning the place.

"Be my guest, devour my kitchen." Mac said with a smile on her face while rolling her eyes.. They really were impossible. "You just had dinner and you're eating my food already"

"Food is meant to be eaten" Hannah explained, while she placed a Taki on her mouth.

"Im taking the red couch" the girl with the icecream said before running all the way to the studio making the rest follow behind.

For the rest of the night, the girls shared their food while singing, dancing, playing video games (which mac obviously won most of the times) , talking and watching movies, managing to make Mac almost forget about a certain black haired boy. Almost.

Karin and Mac shared a couch, while opposite to them, Hannah and Lara shared another, the latter one being sound asleep already. The three remaining girls spoke actively about random things, until a certain man was brought back into the conversation topic.

"So, i was thinking. Hypothetically, " Karin started, "if Corpse asked you to be his girlfriend. What would you say?"

Two pairs of eyes stared at the tall girl on the couch.

"It'll probably be a joke, so a very obvious yes."

"But you'll say yes even if its NOT a joke" Hannah concluded.

Mac's phone started buzzing with an incoming call before she could answer her friend. The girls looked at the ID caller, and "Annoying cadaver ❤️🙄" appeared on the screen.

"Pick up already!"

"Put it on speaker!"

"Shut up im doing it" Mac said as she hit the green button, her heart almost leaving her chest. "Hello?"

"Mac" A man's voice spoke from the other side of the line, yet it lacked the deepness and hoarseness that tend to make her heart flutter when she picked up her phone.

"Felix?" Confusion evident in her voice as her friend spoke instead of Corpse.

"Iz Corpse ith ou?" He spoke as music in the background made it almost impossible for the girls to comprehend completely what he said.

"What do you mean? He went with you to the party"

"He did!" the guy spoke over the music, "he left me his phone, got grunk and you KNOW how he gets when hes drunk, and left oue"

"He what?" the girl asked, being unable to understand him through the music.

Before the guy could answer, the call was over.

As if it was a movie, at the moment the call got cancelled, her doorbell rang. Mac looked at both of her awake friends and then proceeded to walk towards the front door. Internally, she cursed at herself for being eager about it, but at the same time anxious about what might happen. With a trembling hand, she took the door handle in her hand and pulled the door open.

"Princess"

A.N:  Miss rona got to me before i managed to publish another chapter lmao. 

i love to end chapters in cliffhangers, pls don't hate me for that. 

Next chapter will be a bit longer, but hopefully will be up soon. 

hOpe you're liking it!

-Em

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

634K 15.4K 53
little stories about the one and only corpse husband on youtube :) also gender neutral pronouns :) by the way i don't write smut, sorry it makes me...
775 159 11
Kim Haeun being the most popular and smartest in her school . The topper is always doing great and beating everyone until a transferred boy beats her...
1.2M 52K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 19.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...