To live once again (On a hiat...

By piano2099

Kabuto foresaw the Izanami. He knew this would happen. But he did not like to lose. That is why, he had a ba... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Update schedule
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
A/N- Additional content
Info for you
Chapter 16

Chapter 11

1K 32 3
By piano2099

Kakashi was on the roof, waiting for the genin. They would most probably take a few more minutes as they would have to use the stairs.

That is the reason why he was shocked when he saw the trio jump over the railing onto the roof.

"How?" he asked, genuinely surprised.

"Chakra tree climbing concept applied to this," said Sakura.

"I-I'm impressed," he said begrudgingly.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. The genin had to be whiny little snot-nosed brats always complaining, not some genins with easily above chunin level skills.

"How do you guys do it?" asked Kakashi.

"Well, I and Sasuke had to learn it to counter our extremely large reserves of chakra," Naruto said.

"I learned it through a book on chakra control," Sakura replied.

'WHY? Why do I get a team almost impossible to fail? But well, at least with them everything would be interesting,' thought Kakashi.

"Naruto, how do I get all this off me?" asked Kakashi.

"Well, it's gonna stay for the day," he replied.

"Okay, let's introduce ourselves," said Kakashi, crying anime style.

"Why don't you go first sensei," said Sakura.

"Well, my name is Kakashi Hatake, I like a few things and dislike many, I don't have a dream and I don't feel like telling you my hobbies," he said.

"Is that so? Well, my name is Naruto Uzumaki, well, that's the surname from my mother's side. I like almost everything and dislike almost nothing. I have way too many hobbies to state and my dream is something really important," said Naruto with a smirk.

"Arg! Fine, my name is Kakashi Hatake, I like my books, training, my comrades, I dislike those who betray their comrades, my dream is actually nothing and my hobbies are cooking and reading," he replied irritated.

"I am Naruto Uzumaki, I like ramen, my friends, my brother Sasuke and Konohamaru, this village, and Hinata. I dislike traitors and rapists, and anyone who dares to threaten my friends. My dream is to become Hokage and bring peace to the world by removing all hared even if I have to bear it all. My hobbies are training, reading, learning fuinjutsu, and taking missions which I won't tell you about until I am sure I can trust you," said Naruto.

"Missions?" asked Sakura, confused.

"Tomorrow," said Naruto.

Kakashi was actually very surprised but decided to not make it obvious.

"Next is your turn pinkie."

"I am Sakura Haruno, I like..." she looked at Sasuke and blushed.

"... My friends and my parents. I dislike rapists and traitors, and people who mistreat my friends like Naruto..." she said as she looked at him.

"... for no apparent reason. My dream is to become a strong Kunoichi and start a family. My hobbies are learning new things."

"Next the broody."

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. My likes are my friends, namely Naruto and Shikamaru, and then my comrades, training and... tomatoes. I dislike those assholes who betray their comrades for power and those who treat my friends wrong. My dream is to make sure no one else dear to me gets hurt. My hobbies are reading and training," said Sasuke.

'He was supposed to be a broody, revenge obsessed cocky person,' Kakashi thought.

"Very well, meet me at training ground seven tomorrow at 6 for survival training. And I suggest you don't eat anything or you'll throw up," said Kakashi as he disappeared in smoke.

"Well, I am gonna eat anyways," said Naruto.

"But Naruto, sensei told us not to eat anything," said Sakura.

"He 'suggested'. Plus, the most important thing in survival exercises is food, water, and shelter. So it would be unwise to ignore the priority," said Naruto.

"Look underneath the underneath..." Sakura muttered, remembering a lesson from the academy.

"Yes. So we must eat nice and easy to digest food, because we may throw up if we eat heavy, and drink a lot of water," said Sasuke.

"right," said Sakura.

She then said, "Sasuke kun, Naruto, do you both want to eat somewhere?" asked Sakura.

"RAMEN!" yelled Naruto.

"You'll pay for yourself," said Sasuke.

"Fine," said Naruto pouting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The jonin sensei were all assembled. Entirely, except Kakashi that is.

"So how is your first impression of your possible students?" asked Hiruzen.

"They're good, dad," said Asuma.

"They're gonna grow into fine shinobi," was Kurenai's reply. One by one, everyone voiced their opinion, when the door opened.

"What's your excuse for coming late Kakashi?" asked Asuma without even looking at him.

"This time I have a valid one, and remind me never to be late when I am meeting my team," said Kakashi.

Hiruzen looked at him and fell off his chair, rolling on the ground laughing.

Others looked at Kakashi curiously and the next second everyone was laughing so hard that the whole tower shook.

"What happened Kakashi?" asked Kurenai between her laughs.

"Naruto. He destroyed me," said Kakashi while crying anime style.

"Now now, let's not laugh," said Hiruzen, trying to control his laughter. 

For one moment, there was complete silence. Then once again, they all burst laughing.

"I hate you all," deadpanned Kakashi.

"So, what's your opinion about your team?" asked Hiruzen.

"You just had to give me a team that's impossible to fail, didn't you?" he asked.

"Pretty much," said Hiruzen.

"They're awesome," he said with a disappointed sigh.

"Wow, he is the first person who is disappointed to get awesome students," said Asuma, still chuckling at Kakashi.

"Take a look at me and tell me that you would teach Naruto," said Kakashi.

"Now now Kakashi, he isn't the nine-tailed fox," said Kurenai sternly.

"I. AM. NOT. TALKING. ABOUT. THAT. Don't mix me with those scum bags who can't tell the difference between a kunai and a scroll. Sensei trusted him to tame Kyubi and harness its power to help the village, I am trusting sensei," Kakashi said in a deadly serious tone.

"Now literally look at my face and tell me you would teach him without cracking or laughing... if I spend my time with him, Icha Icha will be in grave danger!" he yelled, panicking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Sasuke and Sakura were in training ground 7.

"Where are Naruto and sensei?" asked Sakura irritated.

"Well, Kakashi is famous for being late for any mission below a B rank, so he will be late, but I think Naruto figured this out and is gonna come late too," said Sasuke.

"Say, Sasuke kun, what were you saying about missions yesterday?" asked Sakura.

"Well... you see... I will tell you after the training," was Sasuke's answer.

After a few minutes, Naruto arrived, only to have his ears pulled by Sakura.

"You will not come late again," she said sternly.

"Okay. Though I thought you'd enjoy some alone time with Sasuke," was Naruto's reply.

Sakura started blushing, then she looked at Sasuke who also was blushing.

"N-N-Naruto baka!" she yelled bashfully as Naruto grinned smugly.

"Ahh... hello," said Kakashi, arriving at an amusing sight.

"You're late," the three of them deadpanned.

"Sensei, didn't you get yesterday's message?" Naruto asked.

"Well... anyways, so I hope you all didn't eat anything?" he asked.

"Well, we knew you were gonna come late so we had an extremely early breakfast," said Sakura.

"Even though I told you not to?" asked Kakashi.

"You didn't tell us, sensei, you suggested us. You can't expect us to come for survival training without eating when food, water, and shelter are the three priorities of it," said Naruto.

To say Kakashi was impressed would be an understatement. 

"Anyways, so today you will be having a test," he said.

"Test? I thought the academy one was the last one," said Sakura.

"That was to make sure that you have abilities to become genin. This test is to see if you have the mindset for it. every year, out of 27 students who pass, only 9 become genin and the rest are sent back," was Kakashi's answer.

"So what's the test?" asked Sakura.

"You have to take these bells from me. The person who gets at least one bell passes," said Kakashi.

"But there are only 2 bells," she said.

"Exactly. So one of you will definitely fail."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 415 16
**HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN SAKURA** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A dark heart filled with rage suddenly spirals back in time to when he wasn't...
185K 7.1K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
819K 26.4K 46
The remains of the Fourth Shinobi War are three people. Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. They are the only ones left. With his last strength, Naruto uses a...
46.2K 895 34
Naruto Uzumaki, Konoha's Number One Most Unpredictable knucklehead ninja. In his village however, was a hellhole for him, almost everyday he gets to...