22 Days✓

By salemmiles_

🏆Featured on @TeenFiction's "Funny Bones" reading list(06/10/21) 22 days....1 bet.....a vacation getaway. Ca... More

Author's Note
1: The Bet
2: Winners
3: Acrophobic
4: Welcome To Hawaii
5: Day 2
7: Day 4
8: Day 5
9: Day 6
10: Day 7
11: Day 8
12: Day 9
13: Day 10
14: Day 11
15: Day 12
16: Day 13
17: Day 14
18: Day 15
19: Day 16
20: Day 17
21: Day 18
22: Day 19
23: Day 20
24: Day 21
25: The Last Day
26: Feel Better
Author's Note

6: Day 3

244 38 62
By salemmiles_

*Another alternate cover above! Tell me what you guys think!*

"I swear to God if they give us anymore chicken palau once again, I'm gonna throw up in the ocean and cause water pollution." Derek mumbled as the rest of us waited for breakfast.

"It's traditional, stop being a wuss and take it like a champ Derek." Yvonne scoffed, making me fist bump her.

Yvonne and I hadn't spoken about her getting massaged by Jameela, possibly because it would be an awkward topic for both her and I. We decided to talk about plans after highschool was over, and more future plans. Unfortunately, our conversation last night got caught short when Leon called me into his room to help him destroy Nathan in chess. It was ironic; chess captain losing to a rookie? Even worse calling his vice for help? You can't help but roll your eyes at it.

My eyes landed on my plate and there it was; chicken palau. I looked up at Derek, who closed his eyes and had Jessica pat his back comfortingly. I smiled and began to eat.

When we were all finished, the organizer came back.

"Aloha! How are you guys feeling on your third day?"

A few of the other kids groaned, and Yvonne mirrored their action. I was confused until she stood up.

"So far, besides skydiving, we've done nothing fun. We haven't even bonded as a team, what-"

"Yvonne, it's just the third day." Nathan muttered.

"Yeah, I know, but aren't we supposed to do something fun and team building? Like maybe-"

"Miss..."

"Yvonne, sir." She said before he went on.

"Yes, uh, Miss Yvonne, if you would sit down and let us explain what we have in store for you today."

Yvonne didn't budge, and Jameela grabbed an arm and pulled her down. Yvonne yelped.

"What the fuck bro." She cussed, her hand instinctively going up to hit her.

"Calm down, let the guy finish." Jameela stated calmly, moving a bit further away from Yvonne,"You can hit me later."

Yvonne crossed her arms, and let the organizer continue.

"Today, we'll be playing a few beach games! The first one to fulfill Miss Yvonne's wish of team building: volleyball!" He clapped, "The beach has a net set up, if you look there. We'll be picking 2 captains, and they'll get to choose their team. So, our captains will be....Nathan and Gia!"

Nathan looked at Gia and gave her a nod, who in return nodded.

"That's why you asked us to wear sporty shit?" Jameela asked, scratching her head.

"Precisely." He smiled, "Now, time to pick your teams! Get onto the sand everyone!"

We made our way to the sand, with Derek, Nathan and I exchanging looks as we walked to where the net was. Gia and Nate faced us, and began to analyze us critically.

"You can go first, Nathan." Gia said, tying her black hair back.

"Ladies first, Gigi." He bowed, then looked up to give Leon a wink.

"I swear to God if this fucker doesn't pick me-"

"Jessica." Gia began, and Jessica walked up to her side.

Nathan looked at us, calculating his possibilities, then out of nowhere, "Leon."

That pick was obvious. There was no way in hell Nathan was gonna pick someone he doesn't know, more or less his boyfriend. I watched Leon walk up and hug Nathan, who in turn gave him a kiss on the cheek and ruffled his black hair a bit, making Leon laugh.

"Okay, lovebirds, enough PDA. Some of us are single here." Jameela yawned.

"Kim." Gia made her next decision, with Kim punching the air and moving towards her sister.

"Cecelia."

I was shocked that Nathan picked me before Derek, but realized it was probably because they weren't the best of friends. After Derek basically backstabbed him the first time, he knew not to completely rely on Derek for anything.

"Jameela." Gia picked her.

"Why me?"

"You look strong and determined." Gia commented, " Plus, I'm pretty sure you can knock the brunette off balance and help us get a win when the ball hits the ground."

"Are you-"

"Sorry, that's my sister." Kim sighed, apologizing to me, "She likes to say what's on her mind."

"I did not say what was on my mind, I just said the truth. What is actually on my mind is how I slightly detest her." Gia shrugged, "Nathan, pick."

My mouth was agape as I watched her say that with ease. Leon gently shut it while Jameela burst into laughter.

"But you haven't even talked to me-"

"Don't care, I just don't like you." She said bluntly, "Nathan, pick."

"Yvonne." He drawled off as Yvonne walked to my side.

She pulled her shorts down a little, "I'm so ready."

"I know."

"Brandon." Gia picked the last one, and Derek ultimately walked over to our side.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen! Get on your respective side and let's start!"

My team, well, Nathan's team, took the left side while Gia took the right. She handed the ball over to Jessica, who was ready to serve.

"You know what you're doing, right?" Derek turned to look at me.

"I wasn't born yesterday, you shrimp." I smirked, and when the whistle blew, the game began.

It was smooth sailing for sometime with our team in the lead by 3 points before Jameela spiked and almost cut my head clean off with that ball. If I hadn't ducked and cost our team a points I would probably be nursing a black eye by now.

But what strikes me a little unnerving was that she didn't even feel remorse after that spike. She actually smirked as Yvonne and Leon came to check on me. I pushed them away, furious and walked closer to the net.

"That wasn't fair, you wanted to hit me! I've had it with you!" I yelled, crouching to get some sand.

"I didn't do it on purpose, I-"

I came back up and threw the sand all over her outfit. She squealed and I took the time to pull her braids and drag her to the ocean, all the while she scratched at me. We both held each other and fell into the water while the boys tried to pull us off. When they separated us, they pulled a thrashing Jameela to the side while I looked on and laughed, almost drenched.

"That was also an accident! Oh, and I heard braids take some time to dry!" I joked, pushing the wet hair behind me.

"You're not funny!"

"I think I am." I said, trying to pry Derek's hands off me, "Derek, let me go."

Derek did so slowly, and I noticed Jessica give me a skeptical gaze. I knew why; her man was just spending way too much time touching me but listen, Derek and I are best friends, we've always done this and it just isn't weird to us anymore.

"Continue the game, I'm out." I gave a peace sign, and walked back indoors, ready to clean myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as I got out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out. I gasped when I found Yvonne on my bed, fidgeting her headphones. I decided to make the first move and speak first.

"I wasn't expecting you to be in here right now." I chuckled nervously.

"We finished early after a few players left." She shrugged, "So much for team building?"

"She's been out to get me ever since we met at the airport." I defended myself.

"Doesn't mean you should make the first step. I expect better from you, Cecelia. I'm not impressed." She frowned, "Not at all."

Yvonne was completely right. "I'm sorry I overreacted. I'm sure there was a better way to handle it-"

"And yet you decided to instigate a fight." She facepalmed herself, "I forgive you, just chill for now, alright?"

"Is she alright? I'm sure you visited her." A tinge of jealousy was in me when I said that.

"I'd prefer to keep that private." She shrugged, "Are you gonna stand in a towel forever?"

I looked down and realized I was still in a towel. With my cheeks turning bright red, I pointed at the bed, "My...clothes."

Yvonne gave me an intrigued look, and passed my jeans and shirt. I thanked her and went to look for an underwear and bra before realizing my favorite pair were missing. I looked at Yvonne who gave me a sly smile and lifted the black bra up. She stood up quickly when she saw me approach her.

"Yvonne, give me my stuff."

"Come and get them." She winked, and I lunged at her, ready to take my stuff.

She ducked and when she did I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me. She thrashed and I moved back, slipping on the water on floor, leading to us falling together. She was on top of me and looked unsure of what to do for sometime. The sad part about all of this? Was that the towel wasn't wrapped around my body tight enough, and left my body in an instant as Yvonne stared at me stark naked now, her eyes wide.

"Holy-"

She moved off of me, dropping the bra and panties on the floor, "I...I think I need to go get some air." She rushed out the door while I stared at her, my face completely red.

I finished changing quickly out of embarrassment. When my phone began to ring and I picked it up.

"Tell me why Yvonne suddenly got onto the beach and listen to music on her own?" Derek wasted no time.

"You're not gonna believe this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...
27K 919 50
Maddie has the devastating misfortune of being stuck with her enemy, Wes Tyler, for the ENTIRE summer break. But what's a misfortune for Maddie happe...
Teddy By S

Romance

48.3K 3.5K 52
(Book 4) *complete* The first three: 1, Alberta 2, Willa and 3, Harper It's been three months that Harper and Teddy have been parted by a lie, a dece...
4K 402 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...