Strength doesn't make a hero

By PromisedNeverland04

Hawks life was hard, he was born with a powerful quirk and was the puppet of the Hero Commission. But after y... More

Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.3
Chapter 1.4
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 1.6
Chapter 1.7
Chapter 1.8
Announcement
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 2.2
Chapter 2.3
Chapter 2.4

Chapter 1.2

8.8K 313 142
By PromisedNeverland04

A/N Here is chapter 2. I hope you like it.

"We are from the Hero Public Safety Commission and we are here for the custody of Izuku Midoriya."

-

"You are what?!" Tsukauchi frowned. He knew what would happen if they got the custody of Izuku Midoriya. I can't let the young boy go with them. But what could I do? I'm just a detective and they are from the Hero Commission. My chances are practically zero.

Tsukauchi put the young boy down and lead him to the police car, where he would stay for the time being.

Tsukauchi went back to the men. "Excuse me, but why would the Hero Public Safety Commission want the custody of this young boy. And how do you even know, that he lost his mother?" the Detective demanded to know. "I can't just let him go with you. For all we know, he could have a father or other relatives waiting for him. I'm really sorry." I'm not, leave the boy alone.

"We are the Hero Public Safety Commission, do you really think that we aren't the first one to know about a villain attack or the civilian victims?" The taller of them spoke.

A few seconds later, the smaller man took his sunglasses off and put them in his jacket. Now he was the one talking. "In addition to that, we talked to his mother a few days back. We really believe that the young boy has a lot of potential to be a hero, and as the Hero Commission we are able to take custody of a boy." Satisfied with himself, he smirked at the detective.

And again Tsukauchi frowned. He knew that the man was right, the Hero Commission was able to take custody of kids. "But we still aren't sure if the boy has any relatives. We can't just take him away from any other relatives." Tsukauchi was afraid. I really hope you do have any kind of family out there, boy. The Hero Commission is no place for you.

"Detective." This time it was the taller man who spoke. "As my colleague already told you, we talked to the boy's mother, and we looked into his file. His father is out of the window, his mother dead and we couldn't find any other family, therefore, we take custody of the boy."

True. The small bell in his head rang which told him that all of what the man had said was true. No. Why? I feel helpless. If I let the boy go with them, his future is sailed and he loses all his rights to decide for himself.

Tsukauchi Naomasa
Quirk: Human Lie Detector
A small bell in his head tells him, if the person is talking the truth or if the person is lying.

The police knew what happened when the Hero Commission took the custody of kids. They knew that they would train them as long as they are top pro heroes, and that those kids are like puppets in their hands.

"Wait." Out of nowhere, Present Mic spoke up. I can't let them take him. "But what about the boy. Does he even want to be a hero?" Present Mic was just as afraid as the detective next to him.

"Yes, he does." Pretty satisfied with himself, the taller man put his sunglasses in his jacket as well. "And as his new guardians, we want to leave with the boy." A smirk adorns his face, as his crimson eyes pierce the hero in front of him.

True. Tsukauchi was desperate. Fuck, this is bad. I can't do anything. "Shit," he cursed under his breath. "Of course. Follow me please," he hissed through his teeth while still trying to sound professional.

The men walked to the car where Izuku waited.

Tsukauchi took charge of telling the little boy that he would have to go with the Hero Commission.

Izuku slowly nodded, and left with the two men. He didn't have many alternatives, after all, the little boy just lost the last part of his family, and didn't even had the time to process any of that.
When they entered the car, the man with the brown hair spoke up. "Don't be afraid. We gonna make you a hero."

For the first time in a while, Izuku looked up at the tall man. His red puffy eyes focused on the man, as if he was searching for any sign that the man was lying. "But what about Kacchan? I want Kacchan." Izuku asked with a broken voice.

"No." Izuku flinched at the sudden, loud sound. The man calmed down and spoke once again, but this time in a softer tone. "You won't be able to see this Kacchan of yours. We are sorry, we really are. But be happy, we gonna make you a hero. You don't need this Kacchan to be a hero."

Izuku whined loud. "Nooo. I want Kacchan! We gonna be the best heroes together. I don't want to be a hero without him. And I want my mommy." Izuku sobbed in his seat. New tears fell out of his already swollen and red eyes.

"Your mother is dead." A shudder moved down Izuku's spine at the cold tone of the man. "If you don't give it a rest, now, you won't see your precious Kacchan ever again. Just be grateful. We help you to fulfill your dream. So just shut up." The man didn't have the nerve to deal with a loud toddler right now. This brat. Why can't he be grateful?

Izuku only nodded silently, and shrank in his seat. I don't want to be a hero without Kacchan. Please, I want Mommy. Mommy! He sobbed quietly, to afraid to make any sound. The toddler just lost his mother, and, now, he won't ever see his best friend again.

"So you decided to shut your mouth. Thank god, I'm not paid enough to deal with a brat like you." Still pissed, the man decided to focus on the street. No sound was made for the rest of the drive, only the radio sounds could be heard.

-

They arrived at a big house, more like a mansion. Izuku could see a training field, a gym and a forest.

"Here we are. Follow me, I'm gonna show you your room." The male left his seat and walked to the door of the house. "I said follow me, didn't I?" The threat in his tone was clearly audible.

Izuku didn't hesitate further to follow the man and ran up to him as fast as his little legs could take him.

He was led through different corridors until he locked eyes with a teenager, no young adult, probably 16 or 17. For a second Izuku's green eyes were locked with the other's golden ones.

Izuku stumbled a bit, but he could catch himself in time. He took a second look at the teenager who still stood at the same place.

The teenager had golden locks, golden eyes and red wings. A smile adorned his face, so bright, it could rival the sun. For the first time since his mother died, he felt a warmth inside of him, as if everything was going to be okay. But as soon as he thought that, he ran against the man, who brought him here, and fell on his butt.

"Watch out brat." The man said angrily. He walked again and gestured to the boy to follow him. Izuku did as told, but not without a last look at the teenager.

He was gone.

At that time, Izuku didn't know, yet, that he wouldn't see him for a long time.

The walk felt endless, but, in fact, a few minutes later, they already reached a door. "This is your room. Sleep or whatever, everything you need is inside. But you should probably rest, tomorrow is gonna be a long day. For both of us." He mumbled the last part quietly under his breath.

When Izuku entered his room, the first he saw was his bed. It was a simple wooden bed with white covers in a corner of his new room, next to his bed was a small wooden nightstand. In another corner was a closet, it wasn't big nor was it small. Next to his closet was an open door leading to a bathroom. On the other side of the bed was a desk with notebooks and pencils. A small TV was hanging on the wall and a small couch was across from the TV.

But there was another door and Izuku didn't know what was behind it.

Despite a few toys laying on the floor, all in all his new room was rather plain and boring with the white walls and simple furniture.

Izuku walked up to the unknown door and opened it. When he saw, what was behind it, he didn't know, what to think. I have a personal gym?! I wish I could show this mommy or Kacchan.

New tears threatened to fall out of his eyes and he broke down into a sobbing mess.

He crawled to his bed and cried himself to sleep.

-

On the same day in a different place, Mitsuki just finished lunch with her husband and her son when the doorbell rang.

She stood up and walked to the door. Who could that be? I didn't know that anybody planned to come today.

She was even more confused when she saw two officers standing at the door. The officer on the right was a tall man with a brown coat and hat which nearly covered his dark brown hair. Next to him was an officer with a head of a cat. "Excuse me, Officers, how can I help you?" Mitsuki asked with a smile.

"Excuse us, Bakugou-san, I am Detective Tsukauchi and this is", he gestured to the officer with the cat head, "Officer Sansa. We are really sorry to have to inform you that, this morning, Midoriya Inko died in a villain attack."

The woman froze. "What?" she choked out. Mitsuki's world shattered. Her best friend since High school, the only person who could stand her personality beside her family, was dead. No! Inko can't be dead. "Are you sure about that? And what about her son? Is Izuku okay? Please, tell me that Izuku is okay." Tears flowed down her cheeks.

"Midoriya Izuku is fine, but he is now in custody of the Hero Safety Commission." The confused look in the woman's face nearly broke Tsukauchi's heart. "I'm sorry," he repeated.

"Why is he in custody of the Hero Commission. I could've taken him in. He is like a second son to me." More tears fell out of her eyes. First her best friend died and now she would probably never see little Izuku again.

"I'm sorry. We couldn't do anything, as the Hero Commission they are allowed to take custody of kids who have no near relatives." Tsukauchi and Sansa bowed. "We are sorry for your loss. We are going to leave you to your family now." After Mitsuki bowed and spoke her goodbye, the two men left.

Mitsuki closed the door and broke down into a sobbing mess. Her husband Masaru ran to her to calm her down. After she calmed down a bit, he spoke up. "What happened? You barely cry, Darling."

"Inko, she.. sh-", Mitsuki broke down once again. After Masaru calmed her down another time. "She is dead." That was all she said before she hugged her husband as if he was her lifeline.

The news were a shock to him. He knew Inko for a long time, pretty good by that. She was the best friend of his wife, after all, how couldn't he.

After a few seconds of silence he found his voice once again. "What about Izuku. Is he fine?"

Mitsuki's expression became blank. "Izuku, he... the Hero Commission –" She broke up. "I don't know how to say this," Mitsuki finally admitted, before burying her face in her husband's neck.

Then, she took a deep breath and told her husband about Izuku. "The Hero Commission took him, and I'm pretty sure that we won't see him again. How can we tell this Kats-" A loud bang interrupted her.

Neither of the two adults heard Katsuki approaching, but when he heard that Izuku wasn't there anymore he dropped the plate he had been cleaning. "What do you mean, we can't see Izu anymore?" Tears threatened to fall out of his crimson eyes. "And what about Auntie, she wouldn't let the Hero Commission take him."

"Katsuki." His father looked him in the eyes and spoke with a soft tone. "Inko isn't there anymore, therefore, the Hero Commission took custody of Izuku. I'm sorry."

"No. But Izuku promised. I thought we would be heroes together and now" Katsuki inhaled a sharp breath, tears fell out of his crimson eyes. "And now he isn't there anymore and Auntie is gone."

The Bakugous cried that night, in deep disbelief about what had happened. But one thing, Katsuki was sure of. He wouldn't let his best friend down.

Izu, I will safe you, so we can be heroes together. We promised. Katsuki clenched his fist as he made an unbroken promise to himself. I will always be there for you. I promise that I won't let you down ever again. I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you, when you needed me. He knew that he couldn't change the fact that Izuku was no longer there with him, but he didn't accepted it. He would be Izuku's hero.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.2K 2.9K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...
163K 5.3K 37
I was alone for most of my life. My parents hated my quirk. I never could figure out why they hated my wings. For me they were beautiful. Not fitting...
84K 3.3K 16
Due to something rather unexpected Izuku turned into his older self. Now being back in the body of a 10-year-old child, Izuku doesn't remember anythi...
149K 5.1K 30
Izuku couldn't believe what happened. It was not as if he already lost enough in his life... So why are these two people here wanting to adopt him? I...