Moonlight House (Book 2, Lons...

Por moudenes

Moonlight House, the "it" place to eat, have a drink, dance to great live music and meet new people, becomes... Más

Chapter 1 - The Club
Chapter 2 - Purple
Chapter 3 - Surprise
Chapter 4 - Flairtending
Chapter 5 - Roommates
Chapter 6 - Safe
Chapter 7 - Sommer
Chapter 8 - Glow
Chapter 9 - Chocolate
Chapter 10 - Damaged
Chapter 11 - Crush
Chapter 12 - Sous Chef
Chapter 13 - Imperfect
Chapter 14 - Tea
Chapter 15 - Key
Chapter 16 - Reasons
Chapter 17 - Compensation
Chapter 18 - Tried
Chapter 19 - Second Date
Chapter 20 - Sleep Talker
Chapter 21 - Red Blur
Chapter 22 - Birthday
Chapter 23 - Glass
Chapter 24 - Confessions
Chapter 25 - Dinner
Chapter 26 - Five
Chapter 27 - Grounded
Chapter 28 - Deli
Chapter 29 - Pink
Chapter 30 - Stitches
Chapter 31 - Back
Chapter 32 - Schedules
Chapter 33 - Movies
Chapter 34 - Truth
Chapter 35 - Next
Chapter 36 - Presents
Chapter 37 - (Un)Happy New Year
Chapter 38 - Flutters
Chapter 39 - Answers
Chapter 40 - Bed and Breakfast
Chapter 41 - Stars
Chapter 42 - Empanadas
Chapter 43 - Braveheart
Moonlight House - The Playlist

Chapter 44 - Fifty

4.6K 246 58
Por moudenes

NOAH

"Noah... Dad..."

Jordan stands next to my bed and looks towards the bedroom door with a worried face. Gianna is not next to me in bed and my alarm clock says it's 5:52 AM.

"Are you okay?" I ask after clearing my throat.

"Gianna is sick. It sounds really bad."

I hear faint noises coming out of the bathroom and I wonder if she ate anything that fell bad in her stomach. I stumble over a slipper as I make my way there and rub the sleep out my eyes. Gianna sniffles and then I hear heaving sounds.

"That definitely doesn't sound good," I say to Jordan. "Gianna, are you okay? Do you want a glass of water?" I say after knocking softly on the door.

"Yeah," I hear her say from the other side.

Before I can do anything, Jordan sprints to the kitchen and comes back with a glass of water and paper towels. I brace myself for what I'll find and open the door. Gianna sits on the floor next to the toilet and combs her hair back with her fingers.

"Was the food last night too greasy?" I caress her head while she takes a sip of water. 

Gianna shakes her head in negative and then gives me the glass back before throwing up the water she just drank. 

"Flu?" I place my hand on her forehead, but she doesn't seem to have a fever, she's only clammy. "Do you need me to take you to the emergency room?"

Gianna laughs and tries to stand up but her arms shake. "I need help... And toothpaste."

After placing my arms around her, I help her to stand up. Her body feels like soft putty and I don't think she will be able to make it back to the bedroom in her current state. Jordan watches us and the crease on his forehead deepens. I try to smile at him, but I've never seen Gianna like this and I'm as worried as he is.

I hand Gianna her toothbrush with some toothpaste, and she seems to regain some energy as she brushes her teeth. She splashes some cold water on her face and then turns around to face me. 

"I think I'm done for now."

Not trusting that it's over, I grab a wastebasket just in case and escort her to the bedroom.

"Jordan, sweetie, come and sit here," Gianna scoots towards the middle of the bed and pats the area next to her. "Are you joining us?" She asks me as I just stand around with the wastebasket in my hands in case I need to come into action.

After I join them in bed, she holds our hands and smiles.

"In case you are wondering if there's something wrong with me, there isn't. I'm pregnant. I took a test yesterday morning, and I didn't tell anyone because it was a busy day and I'm not over the shock myself."

My body suddenly hurts and I feel cold, then hot. 

"Noah? Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I... We are having a baby?"

"Yeah. It's a lot sooner than we wanted though."

Jordan looks confused and I fear that he's a moment away from a panic attack. 

"I'm okay," he says to me. "Shocked, I guess. I never thought that I could get a sibling at my age," he smiles and it comforts me seeing him act this way.

"And when are you due?" I caress Gianna's cheek and suddenly the idea of becoming a father for the second time overwhelms me with happiness.

"I don't know exactly. I still need to make an appointment to get an official confirmation. Although what just happened there..." she points with her nose towards the bathroom. "Was serious proof. I've been feeling icky in the last weeks, but didn't think much about it until recently."

"Should we move our wedding date earlier? While you still fit the dress you bought?"

"How do you know I bought a dress... Jordan!" She swats Jordan's arm playfully while he laughs.

"You didn't say I had to keep it a secret. If you don't mind, I want to sleep a bit more."

Jordan leaves to his bedroom and Gianna and I cuddle. 

"Are you happy?" She asks.

"I have so many feelings running through me. Happiness is indeed one of them," I kiss her head and she burrows herself against me. "I thought my life was complete with Jordan and you. I'm shocked by the news, but in a good way. I'm sure I'll love this baby as much as I do both of you."

"I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to tell you. Chloe came to pick Jordan yesterday morning and you had left already when I did the test. I broke down in tears and then started laughing when I saw the result. Work provided me with some distraction and then we were so busy with the wedding decorations that I didn't think much about it. Oh, maybe the pregnancy has to do with my forgetfulness in the past days. I forgot to tell you that Jordan got involved in a fight at school. Nothing serious, though. More like some pushing around and a few insults."

"Why? What happened?"

"Another boy made a very inappropriate comment about me. Jordan confronted him and said: that's my mom you are talking about!" Gianna breaks down in tears but smiles. "I love Jordan so much. Besides that I want to be your wife, I'm also looking forward to becoming his mother officially."

"Only on paper, because you already are."

"I am. Noah, how will I be able to keep this secret at the wedding later today? Oh, darn it, I can't drink now. I was looking forward to a glass of champagne," she laments.

"You could say you got a stomach flu and are taking it easy. We don't know exactly when you are due, but I hope you can make it to Sam and Marisol's wedding."

"One way or another we'll be there. I think I'm ready to go back to sleep. You?"

I nod and we get under the covers. I don't think I will be able to sleep any more. The happy news have me fantasizing on how our lives will be by the end of the year.

-*-

Last night, we transformed Moonlight House into a beautiful wedding reception. Today, we are blessed with a sunny day with mild temperatures on what usually is a scorching month of June. We opened the curtains and windows in the gallery upstairs to let the summer in. The dining tables have been dressed white tablecloths and bountiful arrangements of lavender adorn their centers. The club is a complete different sight than what we usually use the place for.

Erin and Matt walk inside the club for the reception as the DJ announces them as the new Mr. and Mrs. Camden. They look radiant and happy as everyone applauds. Erin makes a lovely bride and I wish her all the good in the world because she's my sister too. Gianna cleans a few tears of joy as they dance for the first time as husband and wife and I think about our beautiful little secret. I can't wait to tell everyone the news, but today is about our friends and there will be a right time for that.

"Soon it will be you."

Gretchen holds her granddaughter Alexis, who is fast asleep in her arms. Somehow that little girl looks a lot like Rory. Fate, I guess.

"I'm looking forward to it," I put my arm around her shoulders and kiss her cheek. "I definitely want what Lars and you have."

"You already do, my dear boy."

"I'm what I am because of you. I hope you will be willing to give me away at the wedding, as my parents."

"I was counting on that. I'm proud to count you as one of my children."

Alexis wakes up and fusses a bit, and Gretchen excuses herself to go to Imogen to feed the baby or something else. Soon it will be my sleeping child in her arms making her a grandmother once more. 

We spend a great afternoon full of music, dance and laughter. Erin and Matt's favorite deli prepared huge baskets filled with sandwiches, pastries, and cookies. I didn't even know that was allowed at a wedding and I find it a brilliant idea. Gianna picks a third brownie and gives me a naughty look as she bites into it. Adam calls our attention and we all turn to look at him.

"I won't bore you with a long speech, because we are all too full with food and slightly drunk to endure something like that. I only wanted to say that I love you, Erin. You are the kindest and most understanding sister in the world and I'm grateful that you are mine. Matt, I'm so glad Erin met you because I gained an additional brother. To your health, wealth, and happiness," Adam lifts his glass to toast them and we follow. "If I could take an extra second of your time. Claire, will you marry me?" He gets down on one knee and offers her a ring.

We look at each other in happy surprise. Claire's eyes have gone wide and her cheeks match the color of her hair as she nods.

"She said yes! She said yes!" Erin dances around and almost spills her glass of champagne over her dress. "I got a fifty! I got a fifty!"

"What did I miss?" Rory comes from the bathroom with his daughter on his shoulder and a diaper bag in his hand.

"Adam proposed to Claire," I hold the beautiful baby girl in my arms and enjoy the sweet scent.

"He did? Dammit! I owe money to Erin. I didn't think he would go through with it in front of the guests."

"You both knew?"

"He asked Erin if she didn't mind him doing a big gesture for Claire. He wanted it to be extra special for all she's done for him. Of course Erin said yes, and they even made plans on when and how he would do it. I had my doubts because he isn't the kind of man who enjoys attention. I was wrong and now I owe fifty to Erin."

Knowing Adam, I would have lost the bet as well. Now Erin's celebration dance makes a lot of sense.

"She's beautiful and so soft," I say about Alexis.

"Best baby in the world. Totally recommend it. I don't know how fast you all will have children of your own, but I think I'll pitch the idea to Adam about making room for a nursery here. I can't be away from this little lady for too long. Miss those cheeks when I have to work."

Rory's words make me smile because even though a nursery in a loud and busy club is a terrible idea, we'll certainly need one soon. Jordan walks towards us and Gianna cups his cheek and kisses it. The tender way he looks at her warms my heart. I feel grateful for the opportunities life has given me; my music, this club, my business, but mostly I'm grateful for my family.

THE END

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

16K 261 22
Two besties join influencer city but find love along the way, what happens when old flings get in the way
455K 16.9K 73
Two broken hearts coming together to heal, find love, and be happy, no matter what happens.
62.9K 2.5K 22
friendships & feelings.
13.3K 172 18
18 year old Emily and her mom moves to a new city. She has to face new challenges by finding new friends, going to a new school and finding a job. A...