The villainess will survive!

By Bellahahahahaha

All Sayuri wanted to do was live a peaceful life. However, when she go into an accident and transported into... More

Part 1: Woke up as the villainess
Part 2: First day of school
Part 3: The heroine is here!
Part 4: My Onii-sama is a capture target
Part 5: Meet the Magic Genius!
Part 6: The lab room
Part 8: Another capture target
Part 9: Politician's son
Part 10: Spying on my Onii-sama
Part 11: A capture target?
Part 12: A busy day, indeed
Part 13: Finishing first semester
Part 13: The dream
Part 14: Meeting at the Royal Palace
Part 15: A god's regret
Part 16
Part 17: The sleepover
Part 18: Lucas meets Ivy
Part 19: Coming back home and parting again
Part 20: Investigating the drought
Part 21: Human traffickers
Part 22: Reporting at the Royal Palace
Part 23: Morning, on a typical day
Part 24: The festival
Part 25: Festival #2
Part 26: The festival #3
Part 27: Festival #4
Part 28: New Semester
Part 29: O-Onii-sama???
Part 30: My fiance
Part 31: Nurse's office
Part 32: The spy
Part 33: The heroine, finally acting
Part 34: Down in the dungeon
Part 35: At the lab
Part 36: Should I tell him?
Part 37: The hidden Principal
Part 38 :Appointment???
Part 39: Transfer student
Part 40: J-jealousy?!
Part 41:Dark arts
Part 42: The invitation
Part 43:Ellios' father
Part 44: The magic tower
Part 45: The magic tower #2
Part 46: The magic tower #3
Part 47: The Magic Tower #4
Part 48: Back at the academy, except.....
Part 49: Allies or foe?
Part 51: Elijah's motives
Part 52: My father was a duke, of course
Part 53: Wrong conclusion
Part 54: And so The Tournament begins!
Part 56: Medical contest, the second part
Part 57: House arrest
Part 58 : Who??? And why?
Part 59: Finding someone trustworthy
Part 59: Going to court
Part 60: Investigation results
Part 61: Request
Part 62: A visit
Part 63: The Prince's arrival
Part 64: A surprising welcome
Part 65: Decision
Part 66: The Temple and the trial
Part 67: Unexpected interruption
Part 68: Testimony
Part 69: Secret revealed
Part 70: Explanation
Part 71: Letter delivery
Part 72: Settling suspicions
Part 73: Dress
Part 74: Small surprise
Part 75: Asking the Crown Prince
Part 76: Adriana's secret revealed
Part 77: Taking advantage of a situation
Part 78: Accusations at the ball
Part 79: Regret
Part 80: Count Castria
Part 81: Drug distribution
Part 82: Ivy's father
Part 83: Breakdown
Part 84: Unstable
Part 85: Not what it seems
Part 86: Explosion
Part 87: A big brother's regret
Part 88: Ivy Castria
Part 89: Farewell
Part 91: A walk in the garden
Part 92: Tying up loose ends (END)

Part 55: Determination to win

2.5K 107 5
By Bellahahahahaha

As I predicted, the fighting part was almost unbearably easy. 

It pained me to easily defeat people who had practiced hard and came a long way, but I needed to win against them too. 

I felt bad to their hard-worked techniques, so I at least pretended that it wasn't an easy feat to defeat them.

Perhaps this would be an blessing in disguise for them, as it would serve their defeat as a lesson. 

Although there was a moment where I accidentally casted a rather high-tier magic against some northern prince, it was because I was being pushed into a corner with the current limitations I had placed on myself. 

Obviously, this opponent didn't hold back because I was a noble lady. 

Unlike others, he only cared about winning and wouldn't mind if I took a punch or two. 

This high tier spell would have taken a human at least 5 years to master, and attracting attention to myself was not one of my goals. 

In the end, I won this round and hoped he hadn't taken notice of my accident slip up. 

In the end, I had won the first round completely. 

Although it was not over, not yet. 

On the first day of the tournament, they would finish up with the 'first round' winners. 

Then they would make those people fight the next day, and another day after that to determine the final winner. 

Truth is, many people that I've fought today could have gotten to the end as a finalist. 

As much as I pitied them, I needed the benefits and had the same determination to win this tournament, if not more than them. 

I looked at all the people who were seated across the arena, and prepared for the medical competition. 

                                                                       ***

The medical part of this competition was located on the big field of our school, contrary to the fighting one. 

There were two parts of this competition: the first one tested your knowledge of terms in general, and the second one tested your skills on the field. 

I felt the High Priest's presence once more, but it seems like nobody noticed him at all. 

Perhaps he had an invisibility barrier around him or something, and didn't anticipate that someone who possessed a large amount of mana could see through the illusion. 

However, the fact that maybe he wasn't well-versed in making himself invisible was also a possibility, hence I'm sure they don't teach that to a priest-in-training. 

Maybe thats what those men around him were for? To set up some magic? 

It was common knowledge that priests were trained to heal and some 'holy' things for the church, so I doubt they'd know too much on magic itself.

I watched the figure turn his head, and knew he was looking at Ivy right away when I caught sight of her pink hair. 

"You don't need to worry about me, Father. I've been practicing for this since I was born!" 

Her cherry sweet voice filled the field, and everybody looked towards her to see who had such an angelic voice. 

Here was the heroine Ivy, walking in the medical competition with her father. 

Obviously, he was looked at with respect thanks to his new Earl status, given to him by the King.

Although the students participating in this competition usually come with their parents, mine had some business to do so they were absent. 

Although I'm half-sure that Roselyn's parents did participate here in the otome game, I can't really say for sure. 

Already, I could spot Ivy's loyal admirers. 

Ivy was a beauty, no doubt it. Her appearance looked very heavenly, and her personality seemed as pure as a baby lamb's. 

Obviously, Roselyn's face wasn't that much behind either. 

Except I was pictured more as a 'cruel beauty', with my strict and fine personality. 

I used to be the center of society thanks to my status and appearance, but lately Ivy has been nipping at my popularity. 

Although this wasn't a loss, but much more as a gain. 

Although Ivy should have dominated society completely by now, which was an improvement from the original story.

The thought of trying to find where Onii-sama was sitting crossed my mind, but somewhere within me I was too scared to. 

I took a deep sigh with the knowledge that being this irritated before starting a medical tournament would not buy me a win. 

I listened for the announcer to ring to bell that signified the beginning of a round, and walked in with resolution gleaming across my face. 

I stomped my heel on the ground hard enough to cut a hole through the grass beneath me as they rounded the participants on the field. 

Every one of us were determined to receive the best results and win, but the person I was facing was not any of them but Ivy. 

Although we may not cross paths throughout this tournament, we both knew that at least indirectly, we were opponents. 

                                                                      ***

The first part was quiet easy. It was a test on paper, with twenty-five questions in total. 

Although I witnessed many struggling and confused faces around me thanks to how much of trick questions they were, they were not much of an obstacle to me. 

As long as you found a pattern to this kind of stuff, you would know the answer immediately. 

My pencil skittered across the page with words trailing behind, not giving a single care for the world in this moment. 

"Lady Ivy! I ask that you keep your bird near you, so it doesn't distract other candidates!", I heard the supervisor say. 

I raised my head up towards the sky, and found the bird flying above the contestants. 

A feather dropped on my hair, and I threw it on the ground. 

Other contestants were surprised that I treated the feather like any other, since this was a magical animal's. 

Whether or not it was from a normal bird or a magical one's, the only thing I cared about was to dominate this tounament. 

And plus, I doubt that the bird really was a creature so pure and innocent, just like its owner was. 

However, I did find it strange that it was flying across our heads, but specifically mine. 

It did not go as close to my head than it did to other contestant's heads. 

I sighed, seeing that Ivy had barely filled in 3 questions up to now as she stood up to call her bird back. 

"Ria! Please don't bother Lady Roselyn and the other girls!" 

The others accepted this phrase as if it were a reasonable excuse for bothering us, and went back to their sheets. 

Ivy, she was definitely cheating. Probably even used her bird to spy on my answers. 

But this did not bother me. Luckily for her, I wasn't much of a person to call out on other people. 

And plus, who would believe that a magical animal in the flesh would help a saintly girl to cheat?

All I could do is focus on improving myself, and to be better than Ivy and the dirty tricks she used. 

Without looking back at Ivy and however she and her bird communicated, I slapped my pencil on the desk and stood up to submit my paper. 

We'll see if you can cheat on the second part of the tournament, Ivy. 

We'll see. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8M 462K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
651K 21.9K 37
Rose was an artist and musician in her past life, she died somehow and got reincarnated as the villainess of an otome game she keeps hearing about. S...
136K 4.2K 17
Now that I think about it the name Lydia reminds me of something. Maybe from a movie or a book I have read before. I think my full name is Angeline L...
43.3K 783 49
story of a girl who is reborn in a novel as male lead's sister or we can say as...... villainess but the villainess's ending is not good so she's go...