Out of His League: Book Two (...

Da jsteph0214

"It's always been you, Phoenix. You are the one who makes me the happiest. Just being in the same room as you... Altro

Character Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Eight

4.6K 226 66
Da jsteph0214

Scarlett

When everyone agreed on a small getaway for the weekend, almost immediately the plans were made and set in stone. The next morning, we all met back at our apartment before heading off to the Florida Keys beach house.

Phoenix took his truck along with me, and I managed to talk him into letting Jackson and Luke ride with us too. He wasn't exactly thrilled with that idea, but he gave in after several convincing kisses. With the three amigos back together again, annoying the hell out of Nix while having a whole concert on the way there, and Jack and Luke being my backup singers, I think he regretted it pretty quickly. It's a good thing he loves me because there were times he looked like he was ready to throw us out the window, but that made it feel like nothing had ever changed even more, at least for a little while. Right now, it was as if we were back home, going on a drive around town like we used to, and that made the smile on my face grow even bigger.

"Oh, wow! These houses are gorgeous," My eyes widened, putting my face out the window to take in our surroundings while we drove towards the house we were going to stay at.

"Damn, I'd love to live around here...literally wake up and walk over to the beach every day," Luke said.

I nodded. "Same, that would be amazing."

Nix's thumb lightly grazed up and down my thigh. "Hey, I thought you wanted to live in a house by a lake?" He glanced at me with a sweet smile.

My head tilted to the side, thinking about it. "That's true, but I never thought about a beach life. It sounds tempting."

Jackson chimed in. "I bet the hurricanes are fucking horrible when they hit around here, though, and you don't have to worry about shark attacks in a lake."

"I don't know about the shark thing considering last time we were at the lake, Scar swore a shark flew out of the water at her," Nix teased as I narrowed my eyes, swatting his arm.

"I knew it wasn't a shark, thank you very much, but it was big and scary looking."

Luke chuckled. "It probably thought the same thing about you."

My head whipped around, glaring at him. "Asshole," I said, shaking my head as the guys all laughed. "Keep laughing, Nixie, and you can bunk with those two the whole weekend.

His mouth instantly closed, giving me a look like that would be a living nightmare as I smirked. "Yeah, fuck that. I would rather sleep outside with the sharks and whatever the hell is out there than room with them."

"Hey," Jack shouted defensively. "We would be good roommates."

Nix scoffed, lifting a brow. "I lived with you for 18 years of my life, walking past your room covered in clothes as the smell of dirty socks and cologne blew into my face. So yeah, I'm going to say no."

Luke spoke up. "It does smell like dirty socks."

"Whatever," Jackson rolled his eyes, pouting as I quietly giggled.

"It's okay, Jacky. Destiny loves you regardless of your smelly room, at least," I told him as he cracked a smile, shaking his head.

Just as I said that, we pulled into the driveway of our house for the weekend.

Jackson whistled in awe. "Woah, this place is fucking insane."

"With the outside looking that amazing, I wonder what the inside looks like," Luke said.

"Okay, so maybe we should take this house and put it next to a lake," I told Phoenix. "Then it would be perfect for us."

"For us?" Nix looked over at me with a big grin on his face.

My cheeks grew warmer at his gaze. "Well, yeah, I'm not living in that big house all by myself, and you already know you're stuck with me for good, so get ready to live in a beach house on a lake, Nixie."

A soft chuckle came from him as he slipped his hand behind my neck. "You're the one that's stuck with me, Shortcake, but either way, I'll get you that house on the lake...our future home."

The corners of my mouth slowly turn up when I lean in to kiss him, but Jackson pops his head between us before that happened.

"You two have the whole weekend to be all gross and in love like this, so save it and let's go!"

Nix shook his head, placing his hand over Jack's face and pushing him backward. I let out a loud laugh at the sight in front of me before Ryder came knocking on my window, startling me. "Come on!" He shouted from outside as the others were hopping out of their cars.

The four of us got of Phoenix's truck, meeting everyone by the stairs that led to the house.

Vee walked up next to me. "When you said beach house, I was imagining like a large hut by the ocean for some reason, but not a beautiful mansion the size of my hometown."

I chuckled. "Hey, if you want that hut still, I'm sure we can figure something out," My shoulder gently nudged her as she smiled.

"Yeah, no, I'm good with this. I mean, it doesn't beat a hut, but it should do," Vee spoke in a joking manner.

"We can go check the place out first and then come back for bags after," My dad spoke up.

We all nodded in agreement before walking up the stairs, stopping at the front door.

My mom shouted from the bottom of the steps. "It should be unlocked!"

My brows furrowed. "Wait, why would they leave it unlocked? That doesn't sound smart."

"Or safe," Luke said.

Sam opened the door, walking in first as we followed.

"Damn, this is nice as hell," Ryder said as his voice echoed.

My dad and mom came in last, shutting the door behind them. "What do you guys think?"

"I love it!" My voice was laced with excitement.

Nix slipped his arms around me from behind. "Yeah, all we have seen so far is the entryway, but I already know it's incredible."

Sam lifted his head all the way up, following the stairs. "Do you think they have an elevator?"

"You too?" Dad smiled, shaking his head as we all looked at him curiously.

Mom let out a chuckle. "When we were here years ago, I asked about an elevator because walking up the stairs is like running a marathon."

Everyone began to laugh.

"Great minds think alike, right, Mrs. Wolf?" Sam smiled.

She nodded. "Exactly. We left them a review online, and I suggested an elevator, but I guess they never took my advice."

"That would be a little difficult, Angel. But it really does look the same as when we first walked through the door twenty years ago," Dad sweetly rested his hand on my mom's back as they both smiled, remembering their time here before.

Suddenly the faint sound of someone knocking on a door could be heard.

I stood up straight in Phoenix's arms. "What was that?"

Ryder furrowed his brows. "Huh?"

*Knock, Knock*

Vee swallowed slowly. "Where is that coming from?"

*Knock, Knock*

"The kitchen?" Sam said.

"Are we expecting anyone else?" Luke asked, glancing around.

I shook my head. "No."

We all made our way into the kitchen where there was no one by the back door, having us all scratching our heads.

*Knock, Knock*

Vee and I jumped when the sound came from behind us.

"I swear if this place is fucking haunted," Jackson groaned.

Ryder turned to my parents. "Was there a ghost haunting the pantry when you were here?"

Dad laughed. "Don't be ridiculous. There are no such things as," Before he finished, something pounded at the pantry door, rattling it.

"Oh my god, I take back what I said. A hut sounds like a good option right now," Vee said, hiding behind Sam.

Sam glanced back at her. "So, I'm a shield for pissed-off pantry ghosts now?" Half joking, half nervous as she clung to his shirt.

"Leaving the house unlocked is probably the least of my worries now," I hide my face in Nix's chest as he put his arm around me protectively.

*Knock, Knock*

Kole raised a brow, stepping forward. "Is anyone going to answer it?"

Nix spoke up. "I mean, if you want to come face to face with Casper, then go ahead, man."

My dad's face caught my eye for a second, and I swore that I saw a smile. What the hell? Is he crazy..or possessed?

Without another thought, Kole reached for the door handle, opening the door with speed before jumping back in anticipation of what was behind it.

I had closed my eyes, letting out a shout before I heard two voices speak up at the same time. "Boo!"

"Lily?" Ryder yelled out in surprise.

My eyes slowly peeked open as Lily and Mia walked out of the pantry with giant smiles on their faces.

"Oh my god!" I spoke loudly, running out of Nix's arms and towards them. Before I even had a chance to get to Lily, Ryder had practically dove across the room and engulfed her in a hug.

Mia threw her arms around my shoulders. "Scar!"

I hugged her tightly, still in shock. "Is this real? Are you two really here?"

"Yes, we are," Her voice made my heart beam with happiness. "I'm so glad you're okay."

My eyes became misty at Mia's words, snapping me back into reality a bit. I hadn't seen them in weeks, and I was only able to video chat them from the hospital, thinking that that's how I would only be able to see them for a long time, but now they are both with me again...my sisters.

"I can't believe you guys are here right now," My voice was a little choked up.

She pulled away, putting both her hands on my cheeks. "Wouldn't fly across the country for anyone but our favorite person in the world."

"Hey, now, you don't have to lie to her," Luke came up with a smile.

Mia rolled her eyes. "Shut up, little brother," She said as he hugged her.

Jackson walked over. "Be careful, Luke. These might just be ghosts impersonating them. They look pretty evil...it's all in the eyes," He joked as she swatted his arm.

"Wow, still full of compliments, I see," She laughed.

I looked over to see Lily, but she was occupied with Ryder's mouth on hers. "Lily, if you don't get your ass over here and hug me, I will throw up all over you both!"

She practically pried my brother off of her, looking over at me with a sweet smile. "Scar!" She squealed excitedly, running out of Ryder's grasp, who looked like a wounded puppy as she left.

We both hugged as Lily nearly squished me to death. "Little tight there, Lil."

"Oh, I'm sorry! I just missed the hell out of you, babes! Are you okay?" She asked, releasing me.

I nodded with a soft smile. "Right now, I am amazing."

Phoenix greeted both of them happily. "Is someone going to explain what you two are doing here now?"

Ryder nodded, snatching back Lily in his arms. "Seriously, we just planned to come here last night!"

All of us turned to my parents.

They both grinned before my mom spoke up. "Surprise!"

"They were already planning on coming out secretly to Tampa, but we made a last-minute change to their flights and had them fly over here first," My dad explained.

Mia chimed in. "We got here about thirty minutes before you guys, and when we heard the cars pull up, Lily came up with the idea to mess with everyone to make the surprise even better!"

"You guys definitely got us all good," Vee spoke up with a kind smile.

Kole slightly cocked his head to the side. "Hey, speak for yourself. I was the only one willing to open the door."

Sam chuckled. "Yeah, but you flew back after doing it like something was going to attack you."

"Your face was pretty priceless," Mia teased as the corners of her lips turned up.

Kole slowly shook his head, laughing lightly with her.

"So, are you guys going to introduce us to the pantry ghosts?" Sam said.

We all let out a few chuckles as Ryder spoke up. "Guys, this is Lily, my girlfriend, and Mia, her twin sister. Two of our best friends since we were all little kids. Lil, Mia, meet Vee, Sam, and Kole."

They all exchanged hellos with the sweetest faces as the twins both went up and hugged each of them.

Mia spoke up. "It's so good to finally meet you guys. We have been counting down the days to see Scar after what happened and get to know each of you too...the amazing people who have been there for the ones we care more than anything for in the world while we couldn't."

"You both are so sweet. It'll be so fun to get to spend time with you two. I feel like we have known you both for a while now with how much Ryder and Scar talk about you guys. Nothing but good and sometimes hilarious things, of course," Vee told them.

Lily looked at Ryder before turning back to Vee. "I can only imagine the stories Ryder blabbed about me!"

"The story of how Nix and Scar found out about you two is always a fun one. Do you three know that?" Jackson smirked.

Sam laughed. "Oh yeah, Scar told us all about that one."

Mom chimed in. "Do we even know that story?"

"Yeah, I don't think we do," Dad answered.

All of us turned towards Ryder and Lily who's cheeks were bright red.

Ryder laughed nervously. "No one wants to hear that boring old story."

"I'm sure it's not boring, sweetheart! I want to hear how your sister found out before me," Mom said with a smile.

"Scar, you want to take this one?" Ryder looked over at me.

I stood there with all eyes on me. That's when I realized that the story involves Phoenix and me alone at home with barely any clothes on, finding Ryder and Lily getting it on in the living room. Yeah, I don't think that story has to be heard by my parents...ever. "Yeah, well, I...my head is a little cloudy right now."

"Yeah, let's do storytime later," Nix spoke up awkwardly. "Shouldn't we decide on rooms?"

"Yes, rooms," I repeated. "Who is sleeping where?"

Dad piped in, thankfully moving on without questions. "Sawyer and I have the master on the third floor, but all the others are up for grabs."

"There are two rooms on the second floor and two on the first. There is also a huge living room with large couches if need be," Mom said.

"Lily and I dib a room. It doesn't matter which as long as it's just us," Ryder told us.

Sam nodded. "Scar and Nix will obviously be in one room, too, I assume, unless you want Kole and I to room with you two?" He teased.

Phoenix scoffed. "Funny....and hell no."

Dad quietly groaned in the back as mom rubbed his back. "She had to grow up sometime, honey," She said to him as I softly smile at his reaction.

Mia narrowed her eyes, thinking. "So that's three rooms already," Her face softened as a kind smile formed on her lips. "Hey, Vee, want to be roomies for the weekend?"

"Sounds good to me," Vee's face lit up.

"And then there were two with no rooms left," Jackson said, leaning against the counter.

"To the couches we go," Luke added.

As everyone was finalizing their roommate before we claimed a room, I felt the warmth of Phoenix's lips against my cheek, and a smile formed on my face. He held me close to him as I took in the whole picture in front of me...the pack, new and old, was finally together in one place, and this weekend was about to be one of the most special ones of all. Well, it might not be as special as finding out you're having a baby like my parents did, but it's still pretty memorable to me.

_______________

Author's Note

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! We will be getting into the fun and adventures with the next few updates. Scar will be able to catch up with Lily and Mia while everyone gets to grow closer together as a big and crazy family. I will be doing a small Jesse POV to give you all a glimpse into his thoughts and how he gets out of jail, but that will be in another one or two chapters from now. So expect to find out more about him soon!

Thank you all for your love and support always. It means the world to me.❤️

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.1K 111 40
"What?" He asked, pulling me from my daydream again. I chuckled, biting my lip again. "Are you thinking about me naked?" He asked jokingly. I blushed...
125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
64.2K 2K 26
~Completed~ "Why are you being so shy?" He whispered. "I've seen, kissed, tasted every inch of your body. There is nothing to hide." I averted my e...
1.4M 45.1K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...