CURSES AND CANDIES - REMUS LU...

By drowninginparagraphs

in which the war truly begins with a single word "better luck next time" ✧──────✧ part two of two all rankin... More

𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑡𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑥.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.
𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.
𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒

𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

4.4K 233 583
By drowninginparagraphs

impatient spamming whore ™️

Remus had been in such a poor physical state very few times in his life, and that was certainly saying something considering how the full moons had affected him at Hogwarts before Hollis started to help the other Marauders.

Any anger that the werewolves ever had seemed to be taken out on him without a shred of mercy, as if he was a punching bag they thoroughly enjoyed torturing for his seeming betray to their kind.

His legs were horribly cramping from being forced in a kneeling position for hours on end in front of Greyback's podium, and his wrists had been rubbed raw from the harsh rope binding them behind his back so he could make no move in his defence.

He had absolutely no way to keep track of time, as he was fed incredibly irregularly and had no idea what time of day it was at any point during the hours of sunlight because of how far back in the cave he was. The lack of food made him lose what seemed to be at least five pounds so far, and his muscles felt weak and drained.

Occasionally, the seemingly innocent leather band around his wrist and underneath the rope with a message from a Marauder, and it was torturous for him not to be able to reply to them, saying any sort of thing to let them know that he was alive.

"Oi, Greyback!" the werewolf that had originally found him called out to their leader from where he was looking at Remus from a dingy rock with a flask in his hand. "Mind if we change out his ropes? These ones are getting a little too bloody, wouldn't want him to be able to slip out of them."

One of his green eyes had so much dried blood cake on his thick lashes, Remus could only watch the man whose name be learned was Graden with blurred vision and immobility.

He walked towards Remus slowly with echoing footsteps, enjoying his tormented state.

"Suppose that Greyback'll let us beat you up a bit later?" he asked with a chuckle as he roughly undid the ropes around Remus's wrists, making him bit his tongue to keep from crying out so hard he tasted blood. "It was rather fun last time."

Remus could smell the alcohol on his breath, and not the pleasant, nutty smell of firewhiskey that he had tasted on Hollis's tongue on numerous occasions.

No, this was sharp and sour and made him recoil slightly.

"At this point, you're just pathetic," Remus grumbled. "You'll only hurt me if you know I can't fight back. Let my wrists free, and we'll see who'll win then."

"And let you run free?" Graden scoffed from behind his back as he tied new ropes. "No way in hell, traitor."

A solid kick was also delivered in his back that made him groan was delivered.

Just as Graden was about to walk away, though, he noticed a glint of metal on Remus's finger in the torchlight that he had never seen before. He dropped the damp, bloody ropes on the ground that made a smear of crimson go against the green tinted rocks.

"Well, what do we have here?" he asked, roughly yanking his hands back in such a way that Remus's elbow popped painfully. "Is this a ring?"

A jolt of panic went through the Lupin as he held up the small copper band made of the same metal as Hollis's in the flickering torchlight.

"Give that back," he said with gritted teeth. "You have no right taking that from me."

Graden's already split knuckles punched him directly across his chiselled cheekbone, only darkening the deep purple bruise already there incapable of healing because of how often it was struck.

"Greyback!" he called again, and the leader turned to him with annoyance at being interrupted for the second time in the past few minutes. "Lupin's got himself a ring!"

Several choruses of laughter went through the cave.

Greyback was completely humourless, a plan beginning to form in his eyes that terrified Remus. Not for himself, but for Hollis.

The entire cave quieted down as Fenrir held up his hand with a closed fist for them to stop. His pace towards Remus was unnervingly slow, none of them had ever seen him this eerily calm.

"Got yourself a pretty girl, Lupin that doesn't think you're a monster?" he asked in a low growling tone. "One that would do anything to hear that you were safe and get you out of here?"

Even though he was starved and beaten, Remus would rather stay this way for the rest of his life than watch the werewolf that had already taken his control from him also take away the girl that made him feel like he was alright and that nothing was wrong with him.

"You are not going to touch her," he said in a deep voice with narrowed green eyes. "She has nothing to do with this."

"Oh, so there is one," Greyback smirked. "Well, I look forward to meeting her then. I'm sure we could make some room for a lovely young woman in here, don't we, men? We haven't had some fresh meat in quite a long time."

Remus's stomach flipped over, and his knees would have gone weak if he wasn't already kneeling.

"Leave her out of this," he repeated as calmly as he could despite his heart pounding in his chest so loud he thought they might be able to hear it. "If you hurt her, people are going to know and come for you. She has brothers and dozens of friends that would do anything for her. And she has me. You won't be able to get away with anything."

Standing up very slowly, Greyback turned to the rest of the pack as he spoke.

"The Dark Lord has promised us a reward if we deliver him any of those dangerous people working against him," he said with a wide grin that displayed all of his pointed teeth. "And what better way to get that reward than by drawing in a bunch of allies to Dumbledore with this pathetic boy here as the perfect bait?"

A series of howls went through the cave eagerly, and Remus couldn't think of a single way out of this, a single way to save Hollis from falling right into their trap.

"Graden, find us a quill and parchment," Greyback called to his right hand man. "If we drop his blood on the letter, it'll change to his handwriting and our plan will be complete. We will be rewarded!"

The cruel man knelt back down to Remus with a cruel smile.

"I look forward to meeting her, little wolf."

And just like that, Remus was unconscious again with a blow to his temple.

.‌。‌*‌゚‌+.*.‌。‌ ‌ ‌ ‌゚‌+..‌。‌*‌゚‌+‌ ‌

There was no stopping Hollis Lupin from getting to Hogwarts.

When she was confident no one would hear her apparate away from Potter Manor, she had arrived in the cellar of Honeydukes with a muffled crack from being underground. She knew that Sirius knew where she was going, so that way none of them would become too worried or have to go through anything.

The long, dingy tunnel would be humid and uncomfortable to anyone else, but for Hollis, it was comforting and reminded her of more simple times sneaking out with the Marauders to smoke on the outskirts of the wizarding village.

She pulled out a cigarette as she walked down the long tunnel, almost able to hear their laughter echoing through the walls once more as she ran her fingertips lightly along the damp stone, leaving a bit of moisture on them.

Luckily, the familiar corridors were silent as she climbed out of the humped witch statue and no one would be reporting her arrival to Dumbledore quite yet.

She had hoped to be returning to school under better, less dire circumstances than figuring out the location of her fiance, but it honestly felt good to be back.

For a few minutes, she enjoyed herself as she entered the warm bubble of the rugged, portrait covered corridors of the school, thinking back to old times when she had once sprinted down these halls for some stupid reason that she couldn't remember now.

Many of her fond memories of this place were blurred into a streak of gold that was further clouded by the troubles of her life at the moment. Remembering seemed painful, a reminder of how different her life was now.

Hollis wished she could go back to the times when her parents were her largest concern, and that was saying something.

As she passed the Gryffindor common room, a loud, shrill voice cried out.

"Well, if that isn't Hollis Rosier back again!" the Fat Lady called out to her. "What brings you here?"

"Your idiotic Gryffindors never grew out of their stupidity," she said back, a slight smile on her face at the familiar sight. "The same ones that snuck out of your portrait hole at three in the morning."

"And you Slytherins never grow out of your cleverness," she said, a grin on her plump face. "Welcome back home, if only briefly."

Hollis nodded in response and then continued her way to the Great Hall.

As she passed the library, she had the temptation to walk inside and go to their corner, but knew that she would stay there for far too long reminiscing. If she started to get too nostalgic, she was never going to reach the Welcoming Feast in time.

So she broke into a jog as her legs steered her towards the Great Hall without thinking about it, briefly settling back into routine and becoming a student again.

Hollis stared up at the closed, carved mahogany doors for a few moments before gritting her teeth and pushing them open with one arm while lighting another cigarette with the other.

The entire Great Hall turned her way.

Professors looked both concerned and eager to greet their beloved old student, while the kids sitting at the tables themselves looked very confused and nervous at the same time. No one could blame them, Hollis often brought bad news with her.

It was clear by the way she walked that this was no pleasant visit.

The first years that had been in the middle of sorting that she was cutting through looked absolutely terrified of the intimidating girl walking so close to them, and the eleven year olds instantly flattened their backs against the students sitting at the tables in fear.

Hollis didn't bother comforting them.

"Miss Lupin!" McGonagall cried out from where she had been holding the scroll full of the names of the first years to call out for the Sorting. "What happened, why was it cancelled? Did something happen? Is it going to be rescheduled?"

Hollis could help but grin as she tightly embraced her professor. For McGonagall to not care that she was barging in with a cigarette in her hands in the middle of the sorting and only ask about her safety was a warm reminder of her days at Hogwarts.

"Well, I'm sure that Dumbledore could answer that last question," Hollis muttered under her breath so that only McGonagall could hear her. "I need to speak to him, now."

The professor whipped around as Hollis walked directly towards Dumbledore's seat at the head table without a shred of hesitation.

The Lupin smiled sourly as she planted her hands flat on the table in front of the headmaster.

"Where the hell is he?"

Albus Dumbledore had never once in his life seen a student with so much sheer nerve.

The entire hall was watching with either horrified glances or extremely happy smiles at the return of one of their Marauders, never stopping in their bold ways.

"Excuse me, Miss Ros-"

"Lupin."

"Excuse me, Miss Lupin, but I am in no position to tell you that," he said calmly as he peered at her with patronizing blue eyes through his half moon spectacles. "Mr. Lupin has made his decision to go."

"Yea, because you were the idiot in the first place who sent him there!" Hollis shouted, not caring that the whole Great Hall could hear her. "If it was too hard for you to do, O Great Wizard, then why the hell would you send a teenager to do the dirty work for you?"

She was once again displaying her ability to be the only student capable of getting under his skin.

"Yea, that's what I thought," Hollis spat, blowing smoke out in front of him with clear disgust. "I'll find him myself."

The entire hall was silent as she turned away, paused, and then looked back over her shoulder.

"You're pathetic, Albus Dumbledore."

All of the first years flattened once again against the older students as she passed through, smoke streaming from her mouth, but Hollis paused at the Ravenclaw table to look directly at Charlotte Fink's older brother.

"Sirius sends his love, Seb!"

The black haired and blue eyed boy flushed deeply as all the attention in the hall was now on him.

"Right back at him," he mumbled, staring at Hollis with admiration for her guts.

Not a single soul spoke in shocked silence as she slammed the heavy doors behind her. Even though Hollis had been there for just over a minute, her impact still rang through the air.

"She just told off Professor Dumbledore, didn't she?"

"Hell yea."

who do we fancast as seb?

#killfenrirgreyback

2.3k words

what do u wanna see?

VOTE! - it rly helps

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 385 24
(Temporarily Discontinued) Hermione Granger had enough. When she dies saving the wizarding world in The Battle Of Hogwarts, she wants a second chance...
78.8K 890 60
What happened during the Marauder Era. Disclaimer: there a little bit of cursing , innuendos, and all around not appropriateness. This is also my fir...
745 11 10
-𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞
20.7K 551 29
Florence has never had so much trouble going unnoticed. ★彡---------------------------- No update schedule, this is just for fun!