L4d 1 & 2 oneshots ❤ (CLOSED)

By Letmeread222

Another oneshot book of hundreds on this site because I'm hyperfixating. I'm going to avoid x readers since... More

🌌~Rules~🌌
😳NSFW important note!
💐🌌Queue page🌌💐
Hurt and grieve but don't suffer alone
A comedy of errors (NSFW)
Old, New, Borrowed, Blue
Learn you a little something
Two bits
The stork in the storm pt. 2
The stork in the storm pt. 3
Those dreams chasing me
Rosół
Snugglebug
A trip down pt.1
A trip down pt. 2
Fic tests!
Tough love (Nsfw)
Carnival Games pt. 1
Carnival games pt.2
Carnival games pt. 3
Carnival games pt. 4

The stork in the storm pt. 1

285 1 0
By Letmeread222

Alright! Here's the last of my personal writings before I finally get to requests! Hoo boy this one took me a lot longer than expected but at least it came out good! (Sorry for the wait btw)

This thing is less 'oneshot' and more 'short story' because this thing took up 42 pages in google docs, but it's my book and I do what I want.

Ship: Nellis (Nick x Ellis)

Warnings (Not all of these are triggers): Pregnancy, miscarriage (believed, but not true), abortion (mentioned but doesn't happen), smut, death in childbirth (mentioned), violence (mentioned), periods (mentioned)

~~~

Nick let out a hiss of pain through gritted teeth. He hadn't felt this bad in a while. His knees and spine ached to hell and back, feet sore. Goddamnit. Why the hell did it have to be the end of fucking winter? All this supply carrying wasn't helping. Nick grunted, straightening his shoulders and trailing after Rochelle, not wanting to fall back too far.

"Hey!" Coach yelled, "I see a couple of campers up ahead! They look barricaded!"

Thank fucking god. Nick was sure his legs were going to give out soon. He and Ro came up to where Coach was standing, seeing two well kept camping campers.

Coach nodded, "These things'll hold up for a few days but we oughta find stronger shelter soon. I gotta feeling we're gonna get a visit from the snow queen by next week."

"I call this one!" Rochelle said, pointing to the bigger camper before running inside.

Coach laughed, shaking his head, "I guess y'all are sharing a bed tonight. Goodnight."

Nick nodded, already heading to the steps of his and Ellis' camper, "Thanks, Coach. Night."

Ellis was waiting for him inside, having already tugged his backpack off, and helped Nick up the steps. He shut the door and Nick was shocked to realize that the camper was, in fact, heated.

Nick sighed, "Hallelujah."

Ellis laughed, "You need help?"

"Yes please."

Ellis helped him shed his heavy backpack before Nick shooed him off. Nick pulled his beanie from his head, followed by his thick gloves and scarf, skin feeling sticky. He tore his first coat off, the one full of bullets, the worst offender to his pain. His second, thinner coat went next, before Nick aimed for his shoes. Nick grunted, he couldn't reach them. Tits. He frowned up at the chuckling Ellis, who was now down to a few layers and his hat.

"Y-"

Nick cut him off, swinging his leg up onto the table with a loud thud, "Deal with it."

Ellis laughed, untying Nick's boots and tugging them off his feet, taking his socks for good measure. Nick sighed when his overheated, swollen, aching feet met the cool tile. He let his snow pants drop, leaving him in a pair of sweats with leggings underneath. Nick made his way over to the alcove that held a nice big bed. He removed his giant hoodie, the big sweater he adored, and his flannel, balling them up, exposing what caused his aches and pains.

Nick laid down with a groan tugging up the giant t-shirt and 2 undershirts over his swollen gut. He ran his hand over his belly settling the powerful kicks of the baby- a boy, his instincts said. Ellis sat on the edge of the bed, taking his hand and kissing his knuckles. He ran a calloused palm over the furry bump, a soft, adoring, sheen in his eyes, before leaning down and kissing it.

Nick felt the baby kick and laughed, "He's trying to kiss you back."

Ellis smiled, glancing at him before addressing the baby- who he insisted was a girl, "Aw, sweetheart, you ain't even out yet and you wanna give me love. You gotta have a little more patience, pumpkin, you only got a few more weeks to go at most! When you're born, you can give me all the love in the world, daddy's promise."

Nick chuckled, "Yeah kid, all you're doing is beating your poor appa up."

Ellis laughed with him, "You're coming real, real soon. Hell, you might even come tomorrow!"

"Dear god, don't give him any ideas."

Ellis snorted before kissing Nick's belly again.

Nick looked out at the other camper, frowning, "Ellis, when are we going to tell them?"

Ellis sat up, "I don't know."

Nick sat up as well, hand on his gut. They had been keeping the baby their little secret for far, far too long at this point, terrified of Coach and Ro's reactions to- well, everything.

"Maybe tomorrow," Nick suggested, "we've got shelter and supplies, so if they abandon us-"

"Nick, don't talk like that."

"We need to be able to handle any reaction, Ellis, including one where we get abandoned."

Or worse, Nick's anxiety urged. Over the months, he'd imagined just about every horrifying rejection of the news. Getting abandoned, getting shot, the list goes on. He even had a nightmare where Coach and Rochelle tried to 'fix' the problem. That night he woke up screaming, only relieved when the baby began doing cartwheels in his gut.

Ellis took Nick's hand and squeezed it, "Okay, we'll try tomorrow."

They were silent, neither knowing how to relieve the grim cloud. The baby kicked, hard.

Nick let go of Ellis, wincing, "Goddamnit, kid!"

Ellis touched his belly once more, "Well hell, you're gonna be awfully strong, princess. Just like the lady you're gonna be named after."

Nick smirked, seizing the moment, "And who would that be?"

"Like I'd tell you," Ellis shot back, his own smirk playing on his face.

Alright, fair enough. He and Ellis had decided to wager on the baby's gender, whoever was right got to name. The only rule was they couldn't tell each other shit about the name they picked out.

Ellis rolled his neck, popping it, "Hey, we gotta working shower and I-"

Nick took his shoulders, "You're shitting me."

"Nope, I don't-"

Nick shot out of bed before he could finish, sprint-waddling to the shower. He turned it on and, sure enough, it fucking worked. He was going to cry in relief.

Ellis came up behind him, laughing, "We're probably about to step into an Ice shower."

"I cannot stress enough how much I don't give a shit. I need this, Ellis."

He shrugged, "Suit yourself, slick."

Nick didn't hesitate to step in. He jumped away from the burning spray and turned it down.

"Ha, looks like you were wrong, Overalls. Just like with the baby," Nick said, trying to annoy him.

Ellis snarked back, "She's gonna be a girl, ain't nothing you can do about it."

"He's gonna be a sweet little boy. I'm the one carrying him, so I know more than you."

"Uh huh, get in the shower, Nick. You smell like ass."

Nick rolled his eyes and went back under the spray, finding it pleasantly hot. He sighed, rubbing his throbbing back. Ellis slipped in with him, kissing his aching shoulders. Nick groaned.

Ellis looked up, "You want a massage?"

"Yeah."

Ellis' warm, sturdy hands went over Nick's aching flesh, working and kneading the tense muscle like dough. Nick washed his and Ellis' hair, running his calloused fingers through Ellis' curls just the way he liked. Ellis kneeled, massaging Nick's thighs and calves, peppering kisses over his groin. Nick scratched the other's scalp, tilting his head back with a soft moan when Ellis' lips met his dick. Ellis ran his tongue over Nick's lips, nuzzling and kissing them before standing up.

The look in Ellis' eyes offered a good fuck tonight. Nick eagerly accepted the invitation. He turned and pressed his back to Ellis' smouldering chest and leaned forward. Ellis slipped his hard cock between Nick's legs, running it over his lips, teasing. Nick's moan of pleasure turned to one of pain as the muscles in his lower back gave a violent cramp.

Ellis stopped, "Shit, Nick, are you okay?"

Nick nodded, not wanting to ruin the moment, "I'm fine, overalls, no need to worry about me."

Ellis slipped his dick out, giving Nick a little space, "Nah man, you're hurting."

Nick pouted, "Ellis, I'm fine, really-"

Ellis took his shoulders and kissed him, "Let's just get cleaned up. I bet you're aching all over."

Nick sighed giving up, "Fine."

Ellis took the job of washing their bodies, taking extra care to massage Nick's shoulders and lower back much to the other man's pleasure. He kissed Nick's neck and ears, apologizing for stopping their fun earlier. Nick hummed, tilting his head back to rest on Ellis, airing his forgiveness. Ellis kissed him on the lips and they made out under the hot spray.

After a while, they got out and dried. Nick flopped onto the bed, still naked and shivered. He threw on the shirts he wore before, frustrated that he had to wear such filthy clothes. Ellis sat on the edge of the bed and leaned over, trailing kisses up his thigh. Nick sighed, tangling his fingers through Ellis' wet curls. Ellis was an absolute sweetheart, kissing and sucking his lips and rolling his tongue over his folds just the way he liked. Nick hummed, happy with the head but needing his stress fucked out of him. He rolled into Ellis' tongue and tugged on his hair.

Ellis popped up on his hands and knees to see past Nick's bump, "You okay?"

Nick threw an arm over his eyes, "I want you to fuck me."

Ellis smirked, "But I am, ain't it making you feel better?"

"No, I want you to fuck me."

"Aw Nick, I can't know what you want unless you tell me. You know I don't get metaphors."

Nick groaned, "I want you to fucking drill your cock into me so hard I black out. Understood?"

Ellis laughed and kissed his cheek, "Yes sir!" He got up, "Pull the covers back, if you'd please."

Nick snuggled under the covers and Ellis climbed in with him, kissing his cheek.

"Alright, how the hell are we going to do this?" Nick asked.

Ellis straddled Nick, who lay on his side, and tossed his leg over his hip, "Something like this?"

"Yeah, this'll work, let me just..." Nick grabbed a pillow, stuffing it under his bump for support before laying back down, "There, much better."

"You ready?" Ellis purred, leaning over him.

"Fuck yeah."

Nick kissed him, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and gripping the back of his collar. His other hand ran down Ellis' chest to where he was releasing his cock. Nick gripped it, squeezing the base before tugging down his foreskin and pumping the hot shaft. Ellis groaned, rocking into the touch, pressing their foreheads together. Nick kissed him again, biting his lip.

"Shit... Nick..." Ellis moaned, "You keep this up, I'm gonna blow my load."

Nick laughed, "Oh come on... this early? I thought you were better than that."

Ellis rolled his eyes, smiling, "Nick... babe, I can't help it! You drive me crazy..."

He pushed forward into a feverish kiss, tangling his fingers through Nick's soft curls. Nick moaned, which went straight to Ellis' aching cock. Ellis whimpered and Nick let go of his dick, raising his hand up to caress his stubbled cheek. He tugged Ellis forward into a sweet, almost chaste kiss. Ellis hummed, shuffling their position, preparing to push in.

"You ready, Slick?" Ellis breathed, lips inches from Nick's.

Nick gripped his curls, raising his leg a little higher, "Fuck me limp, Fireball."

It took all of Ellis' willpower to hold back from plowing into Nick that instant. He grinned, lining himself up before pushing in with one fluid thrust. Nick whined, adjusting to the throbbing length inside him. Dear god, this was heaven on earth. He rolled his hips again, encouraging Ellis to start thrusting with a soft moan. Ellis anchored himself on Nick's hip and got to work.

Nick bit his lip, gripping Ellis' collar and forearm, grinding on his cock with feverish passion. Ellis smashed their lips together again, kissing him over and over until he felt dizzy. They pulled apart, gasping for air, Ellis not slowing his rough pace. He rolled his hips to rub against Nick's aching member. Nick let out a strangled, frustrated noise, grey-green irises chucking daggers at his smirk. Ellis laughed and kept thrusting, adoring the way Nick squeezed around him. Nick raised his free leg up a little more, pressing Ellis' hot cock up against his g-spot. He let out a shameful sound when Ellis hit it, hiding his face in the pillows.

Ellis let out a breathy chuckle, moving the pillows aside, "Why you hiding, handsome?"

Something tumbled past Nick's lips that neither could understand as he began grinding again, desperate for more friction.

"You gotta give me an answer, or else I can't help you," Ellis purred, leaning close to Nick's face.

Nick huffed, "Touch me."

"Afraid I can't do that, sweetheart."

Nick groaned, a mix of pleasure from his g-spot and frustration, "Assclown."

Ellis chuckled, "You can get yourself, can't you? Come on, you know what seeing you rub your cock does to me, baby."

Nick grinned, moaning, he loved when Ellis dirty talked to him. He released his grip on Ellis' arm, dipping his hand past his belly to give his neglected member some love. Nick toyed with it, pumping and rubbing himself with great relief. Ellis moaned above him, quivering from Nick's involuntary squeezes around his cock.

Ellis leaned over, moaning, "Good boy... such a good boy, doing what I say... You like being ordered around, don't you?" He sped up, making Nick whine and grip his hair harder. "Yeah, I reckon you do, slick. You like being fucked too... Fucked 'til you can't walk none. Fucked so hard all you can do is scream my name... Right?"

Nick moaned, barely able to think, "Yeah... fuck yeah. God... please, please don't stop."

Ellis grinned, "Of course."

Nick moaned, lifting his hips from a hard thrust. His hand scrambled at Ellis' collar before pulling him down into a rough kiss. Ellis sped up, going harder.

Nick pulled Ellis away, tears springing from the corners of his eyes, moaning, "Ellis... yes... mierda!... Si, si, si... Dios, me voy a correr!"

Ellis braced his legs and arm, holding Nick's hip steady before going to town. Seeing Nick jack himself off was always wonderful, but hearing him stumble out of english, knowing that he was doing that... it spurned something primal in him.

He leaned close to Nick's ear, all but growling, "You're such a good boy, Nick. You'll do anything I say... I want you to scream for me, baby- so hard you can't talk tomorrow. Scream so loud the whole world knows exactly who you fuck," he moaned, "I want you to cum for me too. Make a fucking mess of this damn bed, ruin the sheets... I wanna feel you cum around me, wanna feel you squirt, like the good boy you are Nick..."

Nick lost any willpower he had at that moment. He let go of his dick, gripping Ellis' wrist for support as he came. Nick screamed Ellis' name, just as he was told, bucking up to his cock, legs shaking from the intensity of his orgasam. Ellis' orgasam chased after, Nick's tight heat and scream forcing him over the edge. He rocked into Nick, clutching the sheets with white knuckles. An atrociously lewd noise, some approximation of Nick's name, escaping him.

They panted, soft moans and whines leaving them as they fluttered down from their highs. Nick went slack, tears rolling down his cheeks, adorning a face-splitting smile. After a few moments, Ellis pulled out, a soft noise leaving him, letting out an 'oof' as he fell back onto the bed. He smiled, hearing Nick laugh at him and sat up. Ellis grinned, admiring the mess they made. One of the best parts of these past few months was definitely the condomless sex.

He noticed Nick twitch and looked up at him, massaging his inner thigh, "You wanna cum again, Nick? It won't be no trouble treating you."

Nick pulled up from the pillows, shaking his head, "Nah."

Ellis leaned forward, kissing his tears away, "Alright, babe. You want me to clean you up then?"

Nick kissed the corner of his mouth and hummed, falling back to the pillows. He felt Ellis leave and shivered at the absence of warmth. Ellis returned and cleaned him up.

Ellis tossed the rag aside, humming, "How's the baby?"

Nick felt around his belly, "I think we rocked him to sleep."

Ellis kissed his bump, making Nick smile.

"You want some help rolling over?"

Nick pulled himself up, "Yes, please."

Ellis helped him ease back down on his left side, now facing the window, and once more set the pillow under his bump. He snuggled up behind him and pulled the covers up.

Ellis rubbed slow circles on Nick's bump, "Feeling better?" he asked, verging on sleep.

Nick hummed, curling his hand over Ellis' feeling his lids grow heavier and heavier. Ellis smiled as he felt Nick relax before succumbing to sleep himself.

~

Nick woke, eyes kissed by a thin sliver of pale morning light peering from the curtains. The baby gave a sturdy kick. He sighed. Mornings like this, where he was bathed and fed, brought a gleam of escape, a few moments where he could pretend that things were better. Nick blinked, taking in the morning sun. In his mind's eye, he was here on a camping trip with his husband. Waiting for them at home was a blue nursery that their pets liked to peruse, set up months ago out of his and Ellis' sheer excitement when their attempts for a baby bore fruit.

The baby kicked again and a wave of adoration washed over him. It was so strange, going from fearing and hating him to love. He closed his eyes, thinking over the past few months.

Nick hadn't realized his pregnancy for the entirety of his first trimester. Too preoccupied with surviving to notice how many periods he'd missed, how he puked every morning, how he craved olives and loathed beans. He wasn't showing in the slightest, it wasn't until he was around four months along that his stomach had begun to pudge out. This, and Ellis noting his suspicious lack of periods, made him pause and take a pregnancy test. Seven tests.

They all came back positive. It took Ellis an hour to calm him down enough to get him speaking coherently. Nick was hit with a flurry of emotion. He was furious at himself for not noticing, at Ellis for knocking him up, at the condom breaking, at this little parasite that thought it had the right to invade his body. That was flanked by fear. Pure unadulterated terror and hopelessness. It was far too late for any kind of abortion, unless he wanted to die painfully.

Giving birth wouldn't be good either. A long standing curse from his paternal grandfather's side marred anyone of blood who dared get pregnant with complications. Nick could fill a phonebook with all the lost lives from birth alone. He knew he was lucky his grandfather survived. Nick saw how many times his older sister could've died throughout her three pregnancies.

So they were stuck. Four months into a pregnancy they weren't prepared for in the middle of the apocalypse. It was hard to be hopeful, hard to see any good in all of it. Ellis, for his and Nick's sake, persisted, keeping hope alive for both of them.

Nick was about five months when they found a hospital. It had full functionality due to a good generator and was pretty clear. Ellis found a load of pregnancy related material and a few textbooks from an obstetrician as Nick showered. After some convincing of Nick and finagling with the machine, Ellis set up an ultrasound. They stared at the black and white image of the wiggling baby, holding hands, taking a moment to process what they saw.

Something in Nick cracked his wall of fear and anger, whispering, "There he is. That's your son."

He looked up and saw a sheen in Ellis' eyes, one he'd never seen before. A sparkle of love and pure adoration in his gaze as he looked upon their baby for the first time. Nick watched the screen again, and felt his heart soften at the little guy curled up inside him, thumb in his mouth. They figured out from all the pregnancy books that the baby was growing fine. When they couldn't decipher the sex, they made their deal.

That night, Nick dreamed of a little boy with ink colored curls and eyes bluer and brighter than the morning sky. He called the boy over. Emelio. His son would be named Emelio. He woke up before anyone else and secluded himself. Nick stared at his belly for a long while before mustering up the courage to speak. He told Emelio that he didn't hate him, he was scared and frustrated, but that wasn't his fault. Nick hoped they'd both be okay.

They left the hospital, Ellis towing along a notebook full of info. Nick, meanwhile, contemplated his mixed feelings. His emotions went through a constant, frustrating, cycle of love, hate, love, hate, towards the baby. Dreams and hopes arguing non-stop against cynicism.

As Nick was eclipsing his sixth month, the group was attacked by a horde.They set off an alarm, and even though winter was in full swing, infected still survived. The group was close together, not paying attention to specials. A charger howled, barreling towards them. Nick didn't have anywhere to run and was pummeled, the others sent soaring. By the time Coach helped him up, he was sure the baby was dead.

Nick wasn't sure how long he cried in private, Ellis' assurances that their baby had survived falling on deaf ears. Eventually, Ellis gave up and left him alone. Nick fell asleep some time after, arms wrapped around his belly, face wet with tears.

He dreamed of Emelio again, right after he was born. Nick stared at the blue bundle that was handed to him, rosy-cheeked and hiccuping. He cried, pulling him close. Nick couldn't stop apologizing, couldn't stop crying. His one job was to keep this kid safe, keep him alive. And he failed. Nick cuddled his baby, mourning a life he thought he shouldn't have loved.

He always loved kids, glad to help his big sister or cousin Lucas with theirs. Nick always wanted them too, at least one. Knowing he lost a baby, fathered by someone he loved, broke him. Nick wanted the baby, and he was gone before he could even have a chance at life.

Nick sat on watch the next morning. Self hatred buzzed in his skull, ugly intrusive thoughts joining it. Then- a dull bubbling sensation came from his abdomen. Nick pressed his hand to his belly. A pop went near his navel before the bubbles came back. Kicking. The baby was kicking. Nick sobbed, joy running down his face. Emelio was alive. Nick couldn't stop smiling.

Even though things were bad, the baby gave him hope. Hope that, in a world full of emptiness and tragedy and decay, life was here and prosperous. That dream of a blue bundle was still a possibility. Nick finally fell in love with his baby. Every movement, even the painful ones, surged Nick with love and hope. The baby had lived, and that was something worth celebrating.

Nick shifted his position, nudged from his musings by another kick. He hummed, rubbing his belly. The baby moved again, now jabbing his bladder.

He clenched on instinct, "Alright, alright, I was getting up anyway, no need to fuss." Nick slipped past Ellis and headed to the bathroom. "God, kid, you're merciless," he muttered at another kick.

When he finished, he grunted in discomfort and looked down. His shirt had two wet spots on his chest, great. Nick made his way over to his pants, managing to pick them up with his foot and get them on. He then scrounged the camper for a towel. Once he found one, he shoved it up his shirt, trying to dry off. In the corner of his eye, he saw Ellis shift and sit up with a yawn.

"Morning Nick," he hummed sleepily, rubbing his eyes, "What're you doing?"

Nick sighed, "Suffering."

Ellis got out of bed, "Which bodily fluid today?"

Nick sat at the dining booth, "Fucking milk. Oh, the joys of pregnancy."

Ellis laughed, patting his back, "How bout I make us some breakfast, will that cheer you up?"

"Only if they have raspberry jam. I need an entire jar of it, like, yesterday."

~

"Nick, I don't wanna be rude, but that looks disgusting," Ellis laughed, sitting with his pancakes.

Nick didn't look up from spreading peanut butter on his, "Get back to me when you're pregnant."

Ellis shook his head, watching on as Nick then slapped his peanut butter pancake to a raspberry jam pancake. Nick folded them in half, like a hotdog bun, and poured syrup on the whole thing.

"You're weird," Ellis hummed, taking a bite of his food.

"You're worse," Nick replied.

They finished their food, tossing the plates in the trash. Ellis had tried some of Nick's weird pb&j pancakes and found them oddly delicious. Nick walked up behind him as he was cleaning their utensils and wrapped his arms around his shoulders, kissing the other's neck. Ellis smiled, turning around and taking Nick's waist as he kissed him back. Nick's mouth still tasted of jam and syrup, tingling Ellis' tongue with sharp sweetness. Ellis ran his tongue over the roof of Nick's mouth, the other moaning in response and playing with his curls. He moved his hands from Nick's waist down to his ass, squeezing the, still wonderfully, toned flesh.

The two separated when they heard a knock at the door.

"Ellis! You up?" Coach asked from outside.

"Yeah, What's going on?"

"I wanna go look for supplies, Ro's gonna stay back, you wanna come?"

Ellis went to pick up the layers he'd dropped yesterday, "Yeah, gimme a minute!"

"Nick, you wanna come? More hands will help."

Nick shook his head, "I'm gonna rest up too. I'm pretty worn out from yesterday."

"Alright then. Ellis, you ready?"

Ellis tugged his jacket on as Nick emptied out his backpack and handed it to him, "One sec!"

Coach laughed, "Hurry up son, I ain't gonna wait here all day."

Ellis took his gun, stopped by a hand on his elbow. He turned to Nick, brow raised.

"Stay safe. We can't have you dying out there," Nick said patting his bump before kissing Ellis.

Ellis smiled, kissing him back, "I will, don't worry."

He kneeled kissing the bump before saying goodbye and leaving. Nick sighed, heading back to the bed. He sifted through the drawers under the bed, finding a few books. Nick picked up a copy of The complete works of Shakespeare and shrugged, opening it to the first play.

~

Nick was halfway through A Midsummer's Night Dream when he heard a knock.

Rochelle didn't wait for a reply before opening the door, "Hey Nick-"

Panicking, Nick hollered, "NAKED NAKED, I'M NAKED!"

Rochelle retreated back down the steps, "Oh shit! Sorry!"

Nick threw his flannel and sweater on and grabbed a pillow, tucking it to his chest. He bunched the blankets under himself and raised his knees. Nick checked and found his bump hidden.

"Are you dressed yet?" Rochelle asked, "I want to talk with you."

Nick took a deep breath, "Yeah, I'm good. Come on in."

Rochelle stepped in again and came over, a worried crease in her brow, "Nick, we've gotta talk. Don't think I haven't noticed what's going on. You've gotten slower, weaker, and weirder too!"

"Yeah, okay. I've been keeping something from the rest of you guys."

Rochelle sighed, "Finally... Okay, what've you got? Is it life threatening?"

Nick blinked, "Well, I- I don't know. My family history says yes, but-"

Rochelle cut him off, waving her free hand, "Okay, okay, Nick, it's alright we'll be fine. You'll be fine. We can scavenge a hospital and get whatever kind of meds you need."

Nick sensed her anxiety, shoulders tensing as it reflected back on to him. He knew she was trying to help, to watch out for him because she cared. She was trying to be reassuring, with her insistent positivity, but all Nick could see was the looming threat above him. He felt anxiety rise up in his stomach. The kid had started kicking again and it was painful. Nick, without thinking, cringed at an elbow to his liver, bringing his hand up to his bump.

Rochelle jolted at his grunt of pain, "What's wrong?"

Nick shook his head, easing her wandering hand away from his cheek, "Nothing, nothing."

Rochelle huffed, "It's not nothing! You're in pain!" She stood, trying to move his arm and check for wounds, "Show me what's wrong, we can take care of this."

Nick waved her off, tone, though he knew it was of concern, not helping, "Rochelle, I'm fine!"

She didn't relent, "You admit you're sick but you won't tell me what! You won't even let me help!"

The baby tumbled around in his gut. Nick was sure he was about to cry of either anger or fear. He could barely breathe, again her growing frustration not helping.

Nick shoved her off, "Well you're not helping goddamnit! Quit fucking touching me!"

Rochelle stepped back, lowering her hands as she blinked at him. Nick took a few deep breaths, trying to settle his heart and the baby, fighting down tears.

Rochelle started walking back over, hands outstretched, much gentler now, "Nick-"

"Get out!" Nick yelled, surprising even himself, "Just get out! You're not helping!"

Rochelle shrunk in the corner of his eye, retreating back to the door without a word, hesitating before it, "If you need me... I'll- I'll be in the other camper."

Nick hung his head, arms cradled around his bump as he heard the door shut. His vision blurred as he tucked himself back under the covers, discarding the book. God, he felt like an asshole. So much for trying today. The baby was still fighting in his belly, though, Nick could tell he was tuckering out. Nick took a pillow and pressed it to his face, sobbing into it.

A few minutes had passed and his ugly sobs had mellowed into high-pitched hiccups. Nick felt better after such a good cry. He stood and got a water bottle, downing half its contents. A Braxton-Hick, a false contraction, hit him and he laid back down as he felt another. Nick's head hit the fluffy pillows, feeling the discomfort ebb away and the baby settle some. His lids felt heavy and he blinked once, twice, three times, before nodding off.

~

Nick woke up to the sun lower in the sky. He checked the baby, finding him sleeping. Nick pulled himself out of bed and realized that Ellis still wasn't back. He pushed down the worry that crawled up his throat and checked the cabinets. He tugged down some spaghetti and sauce. Once he cleared them of any of his potential allergy triggers, Nick started cooking.

As he was finishing, the door slammed open, making Nick jump a foot into the air. Ellis stomped in, throwing his gun and bag to the ground. Without a word, he grabbed a pillow from the booth and proceeded to scream into it. Nick watched on, tense as the baby began fussing.

A beat of silence passed before Nick could muster the courage to speak, "Ellis... are you okay?"

Ellis' head whipped up, surprise evident on his teary face, "Shit! Didn't even see you. Sorry..."

Nick set down the spoon, coming over to Ellis with his hands outstretched.

He cupped his face, kissing his lids and forehead, "Hey, hey, you're fine. What happened?"

Ellis sniffed, "Me and Coach had a real big fight. I tried going through with telling him but wouldn't even let me talk! We argued and didn't talk much after. I'm sorry..."

Nick shook his head, "Don't apologize. I didn't fare much better with Ro today either."

Ellis touched the hands on his cheeks, "You wanna talk about it?"

Nick sighed, "Ro came in asking about what was wrong with me, asking if I'd die. I told her I could and she got super anxious. I stressed and scared the kid. Then she went on trying to poke and prod at me. We both freaked and I blew up at her. I feel like an ass."

Ellis kissed him, "I know she'll forgive you, Nick. Me and Coach got some good stuff today."

Nick smiled, "Oh nice, I made spaghetti."

"Aw hell yeah!" Ellis laughed, moving toward the pot, "This place got any cheese?"

"Second cabinet on the left. It's unopened."

Ellis whooped, pulling it and a bowl out before giving himself a large helping of pasta. He poured what was best described as a metric fuckton of cheese on to it before carrying the bounty over to the table. Nick shook his head, laughing as he investigated the bag's contents. Inside was the usual, food, water, medical supplies.

Nick pulled out a box and raised his brow at Ellis, grinning, "Glad to see we have our priorities in order," he laughed, tapping the unopened vibrator.

Ellis blushed, thickly swallowing a mouthful of pasta and licking his lips, "Thought you'd like it."

Nick set the toy down and continued to dig. He found bullets and an epipen before his fingers touched something incredibly soft. He pulled out a green bundle. The little green baby blanket holding everything was the softest thing Nick had ever touched. The edge was embroidered with flowers. Nick's heart melted at the contents inside. A little blue onesie patterned like a bear, a white cap, diapers, and an unopened pacifier and bottle set.

"Oh, Ellis.."

Ellis shrugged, smiling, "Well, she's coming pretty soon. Might as well treat her."

Nick hummed, tying the bundle back up. He grabbed his own bowl and sat down across from Ellis. They finished their meal with some leftovers that Nick shoved into the fridge. Ellis stripped down and Nick picked up the book he'd discarded earlier. Ellis slipped into bed and he followed, after removing his sweater and flannel.

Ellis traced his hand up Nick's side, "You wanna test out that new toy tonight?"

Nick shook his head, rubbing his belly to soothe the baby to sleep, "No, not in the mood."

"Yeah, today's been a bummer." He looked at Nick's belly, "Something wrong?"

"Kid got fussy after you got back. He hasn't calmed that much since."

Ellis slid down to face Nick's belly, "Aw shit, princess, I didn't even realize I been scaring you. I'm sorry, daddy'll make it up, promise."

Nick smiled when the baby kicked towards Ellis, "Quieres una historia?" he asked his bump.

The baby pressed out to the curve of Nick's belly, creating a slight bulge.

Ellis laughed, sitting up, "I think that's a yes."

Nick smiled, handing him the book open to Twelfth Night before laying down and resting his head on Ellis' lap. Ellis raised a brow at him as he scanned the first few lines of the play.

Nick waved, "It's a comedy."

Ellis shrugged and ran a hand through Nick's curls, "If music be the food of love, play on..."

~

The group stayed in the campers for another week, until the power finally gave out. Nick smiled as he buried the baby items in his bag. He also stole the copy of The complete works of Shakespeare, just for himself. They foursome trudged off into the heavy winter, heading further north based on a map Coach and Rochelle found in their camper.

A few times on their journey, Rochelle lagged behind with Nick, coming close to him, clearly intending to speak. Then, she'd glance at him and speed right back to Coach. Nick supposed he was glaring. He was pissed, but not at her. Walking in this weather was hell in his state. To his credit, he tried very hard to soften his face, make his eyes kind, to encourage her to talk to him again. Nick just wanted to apologise and have his friend back.

By the time they reached the saferoom, Nick was near passing out. His legs and hips were killing him as was his lower back. Nick flopped onto a small couch as soon as he entered, eyes barely open. He muffled the urge to puke. Rochelle came over to him, concern on her face.

Coach beat her to the question, "Nick, you alright?"

"I'm exhausted," Nick huffed, "Haven't felt this bad in a while."

"I'll take over your shift for watch, then," Rochelle said. "You should sleep."

Nick turned to look at her, about to protest that she needed sleep too. Before he could, Ellis scooped him up by his armpits, leading him to another room with a bed. Once Ellis eased him down onto the mattress, Nick spoke.

"What the hell? I was gonna take the last shift so Ro can rest!"

Ellis sighed, shaking his head, "Nick, I don't wanna be rude, but you look like shit. Your eyes are puffy, you can barely walk... you need the sleep, babe. For you and the baby."

Nick threw his bullet coat to the ground, the garment making a heavy clunk when it hit the floor. He fell back on the pillows, letting out a shaky breath to not burst into furious tears. Ellis hesitated before coming over to his side, pressing a kiss to his temple. Nick let his head hang as Ellis pet his hair, humming assurances into his ear. He wanted a break goddamnit.

Nick pulled away from Ellis, sighing, "I'm gonna go to sleep."

Ellis got up and nodded, "Okay, I'll join you after I eat."

Nick tucked himself under the covers and watched as Ellis went to leave the room, "Hey, Ellis..."

Ellis turned to him, "Yeah?"

"Te amo."

Ellis smiled, returning to the bed to plant a kiss on Nick's lips, "I love you too, Nick. Goodnight."

The next morning, Nick was awoken by a contraction. He shot up, panic filling his veins. To his relief, it was only a Braxton-Hick. Nick wiggled out of bed to get dressed and make up for the meal he missed last night. The room had a tall mirror in it that made Nick pause when he saw his reflection. He turned to his side, eyeing his belly.

Ellis pulled himself up with a yawn beside him, "Whatcha doing?"

Nick didn't respond for a moment, "...Does my belly look... bigger to you?"

Ellis blinked blearily at him, "Nah... I think the baby just dropped."

Nick looked down at his bump before looking back to his reflection. He could definitely feel more weight in his hips now. His lower back had begun to pulse, telling him he needed to sit.

Ellis stood, grabbing his own clothes, "Don't fret too much, Nick, I doubt the baby will get here any sooner than she was already planning to."

Nick hummed, sitting on the bed, "Alright."

As Nick, Ro, and Ellis ate breakfast, Coach reviewed the map. He eyed the clouds outside for a long moment before returning to the map. The other three watched his shoulders tense and relax as he pondered. After a few minutes, he turned and addressed them.

"Alright folks, I found us a ski resort that's further north-" The trio groaned. Coach waited for them to finish before continuing, "It's more than likely got power. And it'll sure as hell stay up during the coming snowstorm." The others cheered.

"How long will it take to get there?" Rochelle asked.

"At our current pace," Coach replied, eyeing Nick, "I'd bet a week."

Ro glanced too, quiet. Nick's shoulders stiffened at the sudden attention. The air could be cut.

Ellis broke the silence, "Well, let's get moving! Standing around ain't gonna do nothing!"

With that, the survivors left.

~

The next few days were light. What truly fucked the survivors was each other. Nick could tell that Coach was frustrated with him. He'd become harsher, telling Nick to hurry up far more often than needed. Rochelle often intervened, tugging Coach's attention away. She still wasn't speaking to him. Coach and Ellis weren't speaking either, Rochelle passing messages between them. Nick held his tongue, not wanting to add any more stress to their already tense situation.

Nick's Braxton-Hicks were becoming more frequent, so were cramps and backaches, which slowed him down like hell. He also felt like his joints were looser, like if he were to walk too fast, his knee or ankle could pop from its socket. Worst of all, he was fucking exhausted. All he wanted to do was sleep as much as humanly possible. Nick didn't blame Coach for getting pissed about how many watch shifts he was missing.

It was just the survivors luck that, on the 9th day after Nick's belly dropped, the snowstorm had gotten dangerously close. Dark clouds lingered in the distance, making them all anxious. They were still at least a few miles away from the resort. Then next morning, the four argued over whether or not to leave the dingy saferoom in favor of going out into the budding storm. After around 10 minutes, Nick and Ellis conceded to go out.

~~~

Please vote of you liked and comment. Even if you didn't like it, feel free to critique! It encourages me to write faster and publish more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 249 48
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THIS STORY CONTAINES: Cringy ass shit, Sexual content, strong language, r@pe, and self harm If you are sensitive or don't like any of...
12.9K 532 47
IM BACK BABY!! READER BEWARE: this shit contains stuff I wrote in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Read from the newest updated first, and keep going depending on how...
64.6K 615 44
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THIS STORY CONTAINES: Cringe shit, Sexual content, strong language, panic attack(s), and gang violence So if you are sensitive or don'...
4K 54 6
Everything written here is fiction. There are less Y/N x JJ one shots here in Wattpad so I decided to try and give this a go. Won't take any requests...