Sweet Dreams - Little Nightma...

By SassToTheMax

Book 1/2 Why did I write this...... *shrugs* I dont own anything from little nightmares (duh), also dont own... More

Chapter 1 - Grey City
Chapter 2 - House of The Hunter
Chapter 3 - Six
Chapter 4 - Run Rabbit Run
Chapter 5 - Rats, Roots and Sewers
Chapter 6 - Orphanage
Chapter 7 - Teacher
Chapter 8 - Nightmares
Chapter 9 - Children of Misbehavior
Chapter 10 - Devil in The Television
Chapter 11 - Hospital
Chapter 12 - Patients
Chapter 13 - Doctor
Chapter 14 - Baby Dolls
Chapter 15 - Near Death
Chpater 16 - Dreams
Chapter 17 - Smoke
Chapter 19 - Pale City
Chapter 20 - Barber
Chapter 21 - Secrets
Chapter 22 - Heart Aches
Chapter 23 - Little Wonders
Chapter 24 - Thin Man
Chapter 25 - The Lost Broadcaster
Chapter 26 - Connection
Chapter 27 - Do You Love Me
Chapter 28 - Broken Connection
Chapter 29 - Bring Me the Night
Chapter 30 - Hearts Reunited
Chapter 31 - Rhythmic Beats
Chapter 32 - Lullaby
Epilogue- Lighthouse

Chapter 18 - Rat Bite

2K 80 46
By SassToTheMax

Yo! Hope yall are doing good! I know I am, besides being hit in the jaw with a volleyball, in the back, on top of my head, in my gut and couldn't go to school today due to being in immense pain and can't move from my bed..... yeah! Fun \ (•◡•) /

Sorry, I had to rant.

Enjoy!!
______

With a deep inhale, Mono moved. His hand gently tugging Six with him. They crept close to the ground, their knees almost kissing the dirty floor. Every step they took they made in sync with the chomping if the furnace. When it opened they would move a few steps, when it shut they would sneak some more. Mono didn't want to take any chances. He wanted to keep himself and Six safe.

The rats didn't even know they where there. The two kept to the back, pressing against the mounain of coal. The rats scurried around, snatching up the rocks and throwing them in the fire. Mono moved a few steps more as the jaw shut. Sweat started to dribble down his body, the heat from the fire warming his body. Glancing behind, Mono checked up on Six. She was silently panting, sweat covering her pale skin while her yellow coat was smeared with black.

Shifting his gaze to face forward, Mono used his free arm to collect his sweat droplets. The heat was burning him alive. His body started to feel stuffy and dirty, as clumps of soot stuck to him. His brown hair stuck to his forehead, wet. The furnace opened its mouth. Mono and Six stole a few more steps.

Next to them a rat came up. Its paws feeling around for it's desired object. Its ears jerked, its whiskers twitched, its eye never blinking, while its noise sniffed. It shuffled, inching closer to the two. Mono held his breath, feeling Six stiffened. His throat dried while his chest tightened. The rats little foot landed on a piece of coal. It queitly squeeked. It hauled himself onto its haunches, it noise twitching as it smelt the rock between its paws. The furnace closed. The rat stopped sniffing. It lifted its head up, it blind eyes metting Monos brown ones. It bared its fangs, hissing lowly. It smelt us.

The rat cried, it's voice ear piercing. Without looking what was happening behind him, Mono made a dash for it, Six still in his grasp. They managed to make two full steps beforw hoards of rats leaped infront of them. Turning, more rats circled them. Backing up, Mono felt his back hit small bricks of coal. He tilted his head up ever so slightly, still keeping the savage rats in his veiw. The hill towered high, glowing orange from the furnaces fire. The coal pile tilted, wobbling. Looks unstable.... brilliant. Facing his gaze towards the rats, his free hand balled into a fist. He watched the rats hiss and spit.

A rat that was only a few small feet away from them lowered onto its mattered belly. Not yet. The rats bared its jaged yellow fangs. Not yet. It pounced, its paws curled. Now. Mono yanked Six closer to him, letting go of her hand as she crashed into his chest. Wrapping the same arm around Six, he lifted his other arm high. With his elbow, he slammed it into the unstable base of the coal pile making it shake. Just as the rat was above them, coal came crashing down. Mono held Six, ducking down to the floor. He lifted his free arm over their heads, trying to prevent coal blocks from hitting them.

Squeaks and squeals erupted around. The rats scattered, attemtping to not get squashed. Dust puffed up, Mono shut his eyes. He hugged Six closer, not wanting to lose her in the chaos. Rats scampered and cried. Chunks on coal crashed into the floor, shattering everywhere. Mono could feel his body get coated with soot and coal dust.

When the noises of agony subsided, Mono slightly opened one of his eyes. It was a mess. Bodies lay under piles of coal, limbs of the rats sticking out. Their bodies where twisted and covered in red. Not to mention the smell. A simple whiff and anything would want to feel sick. Mono shook his head, wanting to rid of the stink. "Yikes." Mono gagged. Six nodded, agreeing with his statement. He unwrapped his arm from around Six, standing up tall scanning the shambles of coal and limbs.

Suddenly, patches of black rocks started to move. Twisted and broken rat bodies bursted from under the coal. There were fewer than before, but still dozens. Their faces where bleeding, their legs and tails contorted, spots of fur torn from their skin. Mono took hold of Six's hand, backing away. The rats roared with rage, their eyes blood shot. But they stood still. Right, they are still blind. As long as we are quite we should be fine.

The metal jaw continued to chomp, flashing orange light. Mono and Six stood still, not daring to take a breath. The rats stood just as still, their bodies ocasionally swaying. Their ears twitched, listening. Their noses sniffed, smelling. Their paws dug into the powder below them, feeling. One rat that was near the two, sniffed about, its nose to the floor. It froze, baring its teeth. It couldn't have smelt us. Mono strengthened his hold on Six's hand. His heart pounded. The rat was closer to Six, which made him internaly panic. He didn't want Six to get hurt.

The rat lifted his head off the floor. Its blind eyes meeting the two teens. It jumped. Mono tried pulling Six away from the rat but he was too slow. Its teeth chomped down on Six's left leg, sinking in. Six screamed. Mono quickly kicked the rat in the face. Guilt was all he felt. He failed in keeping her safe. Blood dripped down Six's leg. Mono wanted to check the bite but couldn't as the other rats started to run after them

Spinning around, Mono and Six scrambled their way over the remainder of the coal hill that was behind them. Six hissed in pain. With every step, a peice of coal would move making it harder to escape the angry pack of blind rats. Six struggled to keep next to Mono. But he never left her. Even if it ment getting eaten alive by bling, hundry rats, Mono was going to stay with Six. On top of the coal pile, Mono took a quick looked back. The rats hurried after them, but also struggled to get atop the hill. Keeping Six in hand, the two slid down the coal mountain.

When their feet landed on the floor, Six tumbled over. She clutched the wound on her lower half of her leg. Mono kneeled down next to her, his hand on her back. His eyes franticly searched for something to help them escape. His gaze fell on a metal cart that was on a metal and wooden rail. Scooping Six into his arm, he carried her to the minecart. He was carful not to agitate her wound as he ran. Her teeth were clenched as her hand compressed the bite.

Gently putting her into the metal cart, Mono went behind to push it. The rats came falling down from the top of the coal pile. They all came in a rush, landing atop of eachother. It looked like a rat waterfall. Mono placed his hand on the ice cold metal. He then used all of his might to push. The carts wheels whimpered, creating an ear piercing noise. Pushing, the cart started to move along easier. The wheels no longer scraping against the rail.

The rats came after, falling over eachother. Giving one last shove, the cart quickened its pace. With the sudden speed, Mono tumbled onto his face. The minecart sped off, leaving him behind. Jumping to his feet, he ran after the minecart. The railway making it hard to catch up.

The rats followed his footsteps, bitting the air hopping it was him. His lungs started to burn, adrenaline bitter in his mouth. Six poked her head from inside the cart. She leaned over the edge of the cart, her arm stretched out reaching for Mono. Taking a leap, Mono grapped onto Six's hand. He was pulled into the cart, feeling its cool surface on his skin. He glanced over to Six. Her hands held her wound, but her gaze was on Mono. "Thank you," Mono sighed, catching needed oxygen. Six nodded.

Stading up, Mono looked over the edge of the cart. He held back a scream. The cart was rolling ona railway that was above a pit of blackness. Mono gripped onto the metal edge, trying to ignore the dreaded feeling of falling into the endless abyss. Shifting his gaze up, he saw the hungry pack of rats fall off a cliffs edge. Only a few dozen stopping at the edge. They hissed, before turning and walking back to do their job.

Looking over his shoulder, Mono held onto the metal cart even tighter. His knuckled turned white from the pressure. "S-Six," Mono stuttered, "you-you may want to hold onto something." Just as he finished his snetence the cart took a huge dip. Wind rushed past, his brown hair swaying. Mono hegged onto the cart, his stomach churning. The railway suddenly went straight up, making Mono feel like he left his stomach behind. The railway became flat, taking sudden turns. Left, right, right left. His head started to hurt. The cart to a sharp left turn, swirling into a spiral as it dove down. His body moved to the left corner of the cart, his ears ringing. With a quick right, the railway brought them into a skew loop.

Mono thought it would never end but after a few moments of twist and turns, the cart came to a halt. Shaking, Mono peered over the edge. They were no longer moving, and secure concrete floors surounded the rail. He gave a pained chuckled, staying in the same spot as he waited for his stomach to catch up with the rest of him. Looking over as Six, she was bunched in a corner of the cart. She sat still. "Lets... never do that again," Mono muttered. Six gave a stiff nod.

Shivering Mono hauled himself over the cart, his body giving up halfway. He flopped onto the floor, face first. Thump! His face kissed the floor. Pushing onto his elbows he spat out the bland taste. "I warn you now," Mono poked his tounge out, "the floor tastes horible." Moving up to his hands and knees a sudden weight on his back made him kiss the floor again. Ow. Glancing over he saw Six on his back. "S-sorry," she mumbled, taking her body off his. "Don't worry about it," Mono whispered, trying to spit out the dry taste again.

Sitting, Mono watched as Six leaned her back against the cart. The bite on her leg had stopped bleeding but was still red. Her skin was torn from the bite. Mono felt as if his chest was shot with a bullet. He crawlled over to Six, looking over the wound. She pulled away, trying to hide it by pulling her yellow coat over it. Mono's eyes met hers. His gaze was soft. "I won't hurt you," he hushed, "I just want to look at it." Six moved her gaze to the floor, showing him her injury. Mono wanted to kill those blasted vermin. Not just was there a huge bite wound, but their was claw marks surounding it.

The wound was big. Staring at her foot and ending below the knee. Grapping his coat, he slid it off his shoulders. "This will hurt okay," Six gently shook her head up and down. Carefully, Mono tied his coat around her wound. She gave a quite hiss, as he tightened it. Pulling away he looked at her face. "We are going to need to find a way to clean it, or it could get infected," Mono whispered. Six met his gaze. Mono looked to the floor. He took his shirt into his fists, "I am so sorry." He shut his eyes, angry at himself for putting her in harms way. "I should of-" Six put her hand on one of his fists. Mono looked at her. She shook her head, "its not your... fault."

Mono gave a small smile. Standing up, Mono dusted himself off. "Can you walk?" He gently asked. "I think.... so." Mono put his hand out for her. She took it and he pulled her up. Six took a wonky step, before falling over. Mono caught her. Six looked over at him, and smiled in thanks. Mono grinned back. Being her support, she leaned her weight on him. Mono searched the darkness around them. "See a way out?" Mono searched. His eyes finding nothing. "There," Six's soft voice hit his ears. He looked over to where Six pointed. There in the darkness was a small spot of light that shone on a ladder. "Nice."

Mono supported Six as they made their way to the ladder. Mono was glad that she let him help her. It made him feel a little better, but not by much. He still hated himself for letting her get hurt. Gazing upon the ladder, Mono saw how high they would need to climb. "Six it looks -" looking over, Six was gone. He looked around himself, having a small panic attack. She can't be alone with a wound. Was she taken by an invisible beast. But she would scream? "You... comming?" Six's voice sounded from above him. Looking up he saw Six make her way up the ladder. She hopped up using her one good leg. Mono sighed. "Come on... slow poke" That girl is going to be the death of me.

Reaching the top of the ladder, Six pushed open a metal grate. Mono doing the same, leading him to the middle of a tar road. It was pouring rain. The sky was grey, as leaning buldings surrounded them. Litter plastered the streets, with abandoned clothing scattered around. Mono walked next to Six as she balanced on one leg. He grabbed her hand as she leaned on him. Loud creaking noises echoed through the city. The distorted town buckled and crumbled around them. All colour drained.

_______
Yay, done. Wrote this for 3 hours straight... ha ha.... I might have gone insane.

Word count: 2448

Hope you liked it! Tell me of any mistakes (I feel like there is alot)

See ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 431 11
Since a good portion of you guys wanted me to continue my book here it is. Once again its your standard Male Insert, but just like some of the charac...
16.6K 656 23
Cover by Gabawook The sequel to the first book in the series, "Together." I HIGHLY recommend you read that book first so you can be all caught up on...
4.4K 164 24
book 4 of 4 Six has ended up in the place of Mono after he went all sadistic Thin Man on her. She now has to traverse through everything Mono went...
48.4K 1.3K 27
If Six hadn't betrayed Mono in the end (true ending)... Content warnings: Starvation Hostile speaking This is mostly platonic with a hint of romance...