Chapter 1 - Grey City

Howdy hay, I have officially fallen inlove with Little Nightmares and with that came the mono x six obsession. Soo, I don't really care if no one reads this I am simply doing this A for fun B because I love this ship and C for experience in writing stories.

Anywhoo, see you in the next chapater :)
___________

Black. So black. Not even a bird chirps, or the wind blows. It's so cold, Mono wondered, why can't I see, or feel or hear. The only thing Mono could recognize was the faint appearance of fear and loneliness. Mono scrunched his non existent hands, only to feel something. It was rough between his fingers, yet is was soft. It felt of grain. Some of the rough grain was wet and clumbed while some was dry and seeped through his digits.

His ears pricked as the loud crashing of water sounded behind him. The wind howled and whined, pericing his skin. His nose then twitched. An overpowering rush of salty fish filled his scent glands. At the pain of the sour smell, Mono's eyes snapped open. His lunges gave way as water came spewing from his mouth. Mono coughed and panted. He shook his head and begun to sit up. His brown hair stuck to his face, slightly covering his vison. His clothes were wet but intact. The brown cape he wore flatly blew in the wind were as his long brown pants and shirt stuck to his body. He gave a deep desperate breath before he stood up. Mono wobbled to his feet, the sand not helping as it moved under Mono's feet.

Looking to his left a gasp escaped his lips. A huge grey city with fire lit lamps confronted Mono. Smoke puffed from roofs, below windows were smashed into tiny glass shards while roots from the ground started to lift up the pavement. Intimidated by the city that surrounded him, Mono took a step back. He felt something crunch under his foot. Looking down, below his foot was a brown paper bag with holes on them for eyes. Shakily, he reached down and picked it up. He carefully pulled the paper bag over his head. He felt safe under the mask. He took a deep sigh before walking towards the smoke city.

The pavement beneath Mono slumped in all different directions. It took some energy for him to remain on his feet and not fall over. It was also no help that he is only a few inches tall. As he overcame another jagged pavement section Mono lifted his head as he heard strange unsettling noises. He hummed to himself in confusion before zig zagging through a maze of broken concrete to figure out what was happening.

Once he rounded a corner what he saw almost made him yelp. However Mono bit his lip quite. All these tall people were seated infront of static televisions. It took all of Mono's might to not run away, tail between his legs. His eys darted from one person to the other, confused on their intrest to the static. Mono started to walk forward but jumped back when some of the people started to stand up. Freaked by the sudden movement, Mono froze in place. He watched as the people started to walk toward the static. Soon they started to fight. Each trying to get closest to the telivision.

One of the folks that were fighting fell over. A female from what Mono could tell. But as her head connected with the floor, Mono could feel the hair on the back of his neck lift. The lady's face was all mushed and twisted. She had one eye hanging out of its socket while the other eye was gone. Half of her mouth was twisted up in a crooked smile, reaching to were the other eye should be. Her teeth were yellow and sharp and her nose was twisted in a way that it seemed to be inside her skull.

Mono walked backwards before he misstepped and landed into a small puddle. It made a loud SPLASH. This caused all the people to stop their fighting and lift their heads. They turned their heads around to face mono, some not even moving their bodies, while the lady infront of him was looking at him upside down. One word at that very moment was glued into Mono's mind. Run.

In an instant, Mono jolted onto his feet and sprinted. The messed up faced people followed in zombie like motions. Mono could feel and hear them getting closer. He knew he wouldn't last much longer due to him having tiny legs and them having long ones. His ragged breaths pushed against the paper mask. Mono started to see black spots fill his vision from fatigue. I am going to die here.

As if the universe loved him, something shiny not too far infront of him shone of an escape. As he came closer to the shiny surface he saw it was a vent. Without hesitation Mono skidded against the concrete and went for the vent. In swift motions he grabbed the shiny vent cover and went inside. Not even wanting to look back he crawled through the darkness. He eventually came out of the other end. There was a small amount of light comming from a hanging light on the ceiling. It gently swung back and forth from the howling wind that snuck through a crack in a nearby window.

Quietly, Mono hopped down from the vent and landed on some metal boxes. He looked around the room and his breath hitched. Cages. Hundreds of cages. Each one containing a shilloete of a child. He got of the supposed metal box and saw another kid inside.
"Hey," Mono whispered, "are you okay ?"
The kid just looked up before looking to the floor again. Mono then ran to another cage.
"who did this to you?"
He than ran to another and another and another.
"I'll get you out."

He then walked to another cage. There a boy sat. The boy looked up. Mono squinted trying to see his face but it was impossible. Mono stared into the cage only moving his head when he felt something jab into his stomach. The handle of a torch was baing pushed into his stomach. He looked at the kid who was giving him the torch. Mono slowly took the torch but before he could say anything the boy turned his back on Mono and layed down.

Mono scrunched his nose and knew that he couldn't stay in the room for much longer due to the awful stench that was making him feel faint. Mono closed his eyes tightening his grip on the boys cage. A soft dripping noise from a leaky pipe reaching his ears. The slightly soothing noise allowed Mono to let go of the cage. Giving a sad and apologetic sigh, he put the torch in his pocket and rushed off.

Finding a flight of sloping stairs, Mono quickly started to climb. It took all his upper strength to get up a single step but he was determind. As he reached the top, Mono briskly walked over to a smashed window. Figuring he couldn't jump that high to get up, he looked at his surroundings. There in the corner of the room was a small green stoll. Deciding it was his only option, Mono pulled the chair towards the window and went outside. He landed on a chunk of concrete that created a sort of path connecting two buildings together.

The cement block was rough under his bare feet. Swiftly Mono ran to the other side of the path but stopped dead in his tracks once he saw static playing television. There was about three televisions. Each tangled in a mess of wires that held them in the air. Curious, he walked over to the nearest device. Mono tilted his head in confusion. What is so interesting about static? As he placed his hands on the t.v in an effort to understand it sucked in his hands. A squeak of fear erupted from Mono's mouth. He started to pull his hands towards him attempting to free them. But all that happend was Mono being fully sucked into the screen. The device buzzed off, leaving nothing of Mono behind.
__________

Word count: 1403
Please inform me of any errors if you wish (edited)