Chapter 2 - House of The Hunter

Yeahh, chapter 2 came early.... this is only because I got a random burst of motivation.

To my suprise some people actually read this, so thanks I guess. And I forgot to mention the ages of the characters just pretend that Mono is 18 and Six is 17.Anyways, here we go!

Oh by the way, this chapter is visually displeasing so if you get grossed easily, I advise caution while reading.

__________

White and black flashes of light spun around Mono. Mono could feels his eyes burn from pain. The noise that surrounded him was like the buzzing of a fly. Mono placed his hands over where his ears are and shut his eyes tight. His stomach twisted and churned. I'm gonna be sick. In moment he landed on the floor with a thump. Mud oozed into his clothes, making Mono shivered as the cold wet substance touched his skin.

Quivering, Mono push himself onto his feet. He shook and scrapped the mud of his clothes before a thought his him, why is there mud in the middle of a city? His eyes looked to the floor as he thought and saw his feet being eaten by the mud. At the sight his head shot up and he gasp at what he saw. He was no longer in a city, but a swap. Moss covered trees, dead and broken, were holding onto their own peice of muddy sand. Sinkholes of salt water patched the area with vines hanging above them, weaving themselves between trees. The hairs on the back of Mono's neck rose. Gulping, Mono too a few paces back. The ground slushed and gurgled under each footfall Mono took.

As he took another step back something caught his foot and he fell back onto his behind. Shaking his head to collect himself, he looked to see what tripped him. Mono's eyes constricted and he saw, underneath a bush of Autumn leaves, the shiny fang of a trap. His heart drummed against his ribs while his breathing was ragged. He caught is breath. Next to him was a twing. Carefully, Mono picked it up. He stood up and poked the stick onto the pressure plate of the bear trap. Before Mono could brace himself, the trap snapped shut like the flash of light. The twig snapped with a loud crack!

Mono dropped his end of the stick. His hands trembled as he nevously rubbed them around eachother. Inhaling a steady breath, Mono closed his eyes calming himself down. Once his head was on straight he opened his eyes. He looked around his surroundings not moving an inch incase more traps surrounded him. As he searched about he saw a big shoe that was barley a few steps away from him. Wary of the traps, Mono sneaked to the shoe. Swiftly grabing the shoe, Mono threw it onto another bear trap. Luckily for him, the force of the first trap caused it to jump up and set of  chain reaction for the other bear traps that were set near it.

Making his way through the Woods Mono passed many odd sights. One was were the wall of a building was left to be intertwined with in the trees, but the rest of the bulding was completely missing. Soon Mono could smell a stale, sour smell that was extremely potent. The swamp is a considerably stinky place but this one smell was somehow more powerful then the rest of the Landscape. As Mono balanced across a fallen dead tree that made a bridge across a huge sinkhole, he could hear the buzzing of flies. Scrunching his nose from the stench, he kept walking.

Until, he saw a huge bag of rotting corpses hanging from a tree in a bag all bundled together. Mono gasped. He snatched at the torch in his pocket and turned the light onto the unfortunate souls. Flies buzzed around the bodies, while the wind swung the corps filled net back and forth like a swing. Mono could feel his stomach stir, nauseating his senses. With great speed, he covered his mouth before anything came up. He closed his eyes again while he turned away from the sight.

With a sick feeling, Mono pushed forward. He dodged nets and bear traps, along with falling cages. He eventually climbed up another grassy mud heap and saw an old shack. Squinting his eyes, he could see a small yellow light comming from the inside. As he got closer Mono could also hear the chopping and slicing of meat. Someones inside, Mono gulped, probably the person who killed all those people. Mono turned away not wanting to deal with the crazy man before a thought hit him, what if someone is inside. I can't leave them... sure I can, not my problem.... but they are probably scared and frightened.... Oh I hate myself. Spinning to face the cabin, Mono sneaked to the open window. In and out.

Jumping up and pulling himself up onto the window sill, again he was met with a horrific sight. Three miss matched corpses sat at a dinning table. The little kid in the corner had one eye rolled back while the other hung from its socket. Her mouth was stitched into a sideways smile, with a darker shade of skin making for her jaw. The other who was representing the mother had black holes for eyes, while her nose dug into her face. Her hair was non existent and wrinkles melted down her face. The third creation was to represent the grandpa. His skin was patched with all different shades of grey. His bottom jaw was missing while his eyes were criss crossed. His nose was painfully pointed up with saggy skin lapping over his face.

Silently, Mono anxiously laughed in fear. His eyes darted left to right in a panic. Dishes of unfinished meals towered in the sink and on the bench. Mouse trapps also covered the floors and benches. As he looked around more, he saw a crack in the wall on the floor next to the miss matched, distorted family around the table. Mono dropped to the floor, making sure to not make a sound. He creeped around the mouse traps, heading for the hole. Walking under the table with the corpses was unsettling. After another footfall something squished under Mono's foot. Goose bumbs shivered down his body with his hairs standing on end. Sucking in wind, he closed one eye. Gritting his teeth, Mono looked down.

Mono almost screamed at what he saw but held it in. He quickly lifted his foot from the lower half of the 'grandpa's' jaw. Mono flinched when he saw the tongue flop off his small foot. Ew, ew, ew. Shaking his body like a dog, his brown cape and clothes flapping as a dogs fur would, Mono took a deep breath. He speed walked past the jaw. Not looking back once as he ducked into the hole. Although, He swear he could feel some sort of saliva on his pants, but ignored it.

The wodden tunnel was dark, but Mono has a torch. He switched it on and trudged along. He looked around the tunnel, dodging spider webs and pipes. Unfortunately the tunnel came to an end and Mono was forced to exit his temporary safety. Poking his head out, he looked about. Again, to his dispite, he was met with another scene. However, this time there was an actual live man standing there. From what Mono could see, the man was bulky and had a sewn bag around his head. The mans clothes consisted of a pale green jacket, with a brown shirt and pants. This is probably the man who killed all those people.

To answer his question the man walked over to a body bag and opened it, to see arms and legs dangling from each other. The man grabbed some limbs and went to his table to cut or whatever he does to it. Hmm.. I'll call him The Butcher... wait not better yet, The Hunter... Mono raised an eye brown as he mently slapped himself, don't name the guy you idiot. As silent as a mouse, Mono started to sneak past The Hunter as he chopped and sliced. Creak. Mono's brain exploded as the wooden board he stepped on whined. Without thinking he leaped into the bag of limbs. The Hunter twisted around, the bullet hole in his bag allowing him to see. He looked around and Mono thought The Hunter could hear his heart thump.

Mono then heard a scuff before the rattle of a shot gun being lifted. Thats it, this is the end. Mono flinched, clossing his eyes, prepared for death, but all that he heard was the slamming of a door. Un-tensing his body Mono snaked his way out of the bag of limbs, only to see that The Hunter left. Wiping sweat that had formed on his brow, he walked towards a mysterious door. The handle was too high for him to grab alone. Mono looked around before spotting a chair and pulling it towards the door. Hopping on the chair, he pulled on the handle, only to find it locked. Damn it. He searched the room again, before his eyes landed on a hammer. A light bulb went off in his head.

Mono jumped off the chair and moved it away. Grabing the hammer, Mono dragged it to the door. Heavy! With a strong heave, Mono lifted the hammer and smashed it against the wooden door. After a few hits Mono looked inside. The room was dark. Switching on his flashlight, Mono's eyes wandered. A pale blue sheeted bed lay in the corner, with a cabnet next to the foot of the bed. Numbers were scratched against the walls, 33 Mono counted, and the room had no windows. As he walked into the room, he saw the shadow of someone under the bed and froze in the spot. A girl.

__________

Oh my chicken nuggets that was a long chapter that I wrote in one day. Wahoo, 3 hours of my weekend gone.

Word count: 1662

Please inform me of any spelling mistakes if you wish. Bye.