phobia (sequel to insomnia) |...

By felix_michelin

you can stay here. SPOILERS ABOUT INSOMNIA ARE IN THIS SUMMARY the sequel of the zombie skz book "insomnia" ... More

author's note
zone 1: thoughts
zone 2: camera
zone 3: balloon
zone 4: ambiguity
zone 5: reckless
zone 6: eyes
zone 7: monster
zone 8: different
zone 9: indefinite
zone 10: heavy-hearted
zone 11: stigma
zone 12: turnover
zone 13: tears
zone 14: moonlight
zone 15: bombs
zone 16: breach
zone 17: lightning
zone 18: kids
zone 19: diary
zone 20: sanctuary
zone 21: shy
zone 22: gaze
zone 23: moon
zone 24: hyunho
zone 25: feelings
zone 26: marshmallows
zone 27: eavesdrop
zone 28: threat
zone 29: secrets
zone 30: sacrifices
zone 31: realization
zone 32: broken
zone 34: lucy
zone 35: heartaches
zone 36: crossed
zone 37: savage
zone 38: intruder
zone 39: uninvited
zone 40: dance
zone 41: home
zone 42: dawn

zone 33: fireflies

604 50 40
By felix_michelin

a/n: hey seggsies its my birthday so i decided to grant yall with another chapter because i love you guys and appreciate u guys so much! thank you and enjoy! stay safe!

Hana's POV

"What are you doing here? Curfew is soon," I remind him and Jaehyun smiles with the red tulip in his hand.

"I wasn't about to leave you all alone after seeing you cry like that," Jaehyun says and hands me the red tulip. I smile and shake my head at him, wondering how he always knows when to show up. "So what do you have planned?" I question and Jaehyun takes my hand, catching me off guard.

"Remember back at SM when we used to catch fireflies?" Jaehyun eyes me.

My eyes grow wide as he pulls me outside and into the field.  Jaehyun pulls out a tiny mason jar from his sweatshirt pocket, making me laugh.

"How cute," I tease his tiny mason jar, making him frown.

"I didn't bring one for you," Jaehyun remarks, and my jaw drops. "Go catch your own if you're going to make fun of my mason jar."

"Fine! I won't make fun of your mason jar," I smile, and Jaehyun nods. He takes my hands and places the mason jar in them gently.

Glowing fireflies begin flying from the ground and into the air, illuminating the darkness around us. I smile in awe as Jaehyun guides me, trying to help me catch them. He holds my arms and presses his body against mine, helping me catch little fireflies into the mason jar. I laugh every time we miss one or almost trip trying to catch one. I feel so safe with him. If I wasn't here with him, I would probably be in my room crying softly in my sleep. I look at Jaehyun whose head is resting on my shoulders as we try to catch fireflies together. I smile at him, making him blush a little.

"Cute," Jaehyun whispers, and my eyebrows raise.

"Cute?" I question and Jaehyun smiles.

"Yeah, you're cute," Jaehyun says softly. I feel my cheeks become hot and look away from his eyes.

[you took my hand,

so i thank you]

Hyunjin's POV

I glance out my window to see two bodies outside that look awfully close to each other. I grow curious and squint to see better.

"What are you looking at?" Jisung knocks on my door as he walks in. I look away from him and shrug, finding it hard to make out who they are. Jisung stands beside me and looks outside too.

"Is that Hana?" Jisung asks and I look again to see and notice that adorable smile. "And Jaehyun...." Jisung's voice lowers when he says Jaehyun and he eyes me to see if I would react. I know I shouldn't but I feel a burning fire in my chest. "Are you okay?" Jisung asks me and I nod, hiding my pain with a blank face.

"I'm with Wonyoung..." I say, but feel like that meant nothing to me.

"You're with her but you love Hana," Jisung points out the obvious and I sigh. "It looks like they're getting along too well," Jisung eyes them outside again. I groan in frustration and throw my pillow against the wall. 'Yo! I thought you said you're fine," Jisung reminds me but I can't even lie anymore.

"I'm not," I finally admit.

"I know," Jisung says. I look outside again and watch Jaehyun and Hana catch fireflies together. "If you still love her, go after her before you lose her." I sigh, feeling like I'm going through deja vu.

"Felix told me the same thing," I reveal.

"Well good cause he is right," Jisung agrees. "Stop fighting your feelings for her and break up with Wonyoung," Jisung says straightforwardly. "I see how much you two fight... especially when it is about Hana. You're not happy with her." I look back at Hana outside smiling while catching fireflies and feel my heart beat again. I look away from the window and at my door.

"Where's Wonyoung?" I ask Jisung, knowing what I have to do.

Hana's POV

After catching fireflies with Jaehyun last night, he told me he had to tell me something important but he wanted to wait for the right time. I couldn't stop thinking about what he wanted to tell me but he kissed my cheek before walking me back to my room. I smile as I stare at the red tulip on my desk. He got rid of all of my doubts about Hyunjin for a little bit but then I started thinking about how I would be losing someone really important to me.

After breakfast, I decide to talk to Felix about how I'm feeling. I sit on Felix's bed as he packs his backpack, staring up at the ceiling. Despite being grounded, he found a way to convince Jinyoung to let him escort the newcomers back home in case they get hurt. Apparently, there are more of them and they want to bring them here. I couldn't express my feelings with Felix after realizing he has more to tell me about what I missed yesterday.

"So these special powers," I speak after he explains what I missed while I was gone. "What if you don't have one?"

He told me everything he heard about special powers in halfies and Lucy giving her blood for the vaccine. The idea of her getting her blood taken worried me too. I never liked it or ever got used to it.

"It doesn't sit right with me that I don't have one," Felix explains. I sigh and sit up, resting my back on the wall. "Wouldn't it make sense if each immune had their own power?" I shrug as I play with my hairband on my wrist.

"Remember those files that Young K found years ago while you guys were saving me and Sungjin from JYP?" I question, the memory suddenly popping into my brain. "Maybe it says something in there," I suggest. Felix stops packing and looks up at me as if I just gave him a cheese stick or something. He smiles wide and hugs me suddenly, making me laugh.

"You're so smart, Hana!" Felix exclaims, letting me go.

"Thanks?" I say. "Tell me about those newcomers, what are they like?" I ask. Felix smiles unconsciously, making me curious.

"They seem nice. They are not from any safe zone and are a part of a really small group," Felix says. "Two of them are twins siblings."

"That's cool," I eye him, noticing him still smiling and nodding. "You think one of them is cute," I tease and Felix's eyebrows raise in shock.

"What? NO? I do not!" Felix immediately rejects what I said.

"Whatever you say," I let it go until Changbin walks in.

"Do you need me to bring my crossbow cause if so, I need to know if I should bring all of my arrows?" Changbin says, interrupting our conversation.

"Bring it but I don't think you will use it much," Felix answers.

"Hey Changbin, what are the names of the newcomers again?" I ask, glancing at Felix to see if I can get a reaction from him.

"Uh, Lee Jena, Huang Renjun, Park Jisung, and Park Jiah," Changbin says and I notice Felix smile a little and looks away to hide it when Changbin says Jiah.

"So, Changbin, do you think Jiah is cute?" I eye Changbin so he can hopefully catch on to what I'm implying. Changbin looks at me with a confused face and I tilt my head over to Felix. Changbin slowly turns his head to see a somewhat flustered Felix after I ask the question. He is trying to busy himself with packing as I motion to Changbin. Changbin's jaw drops from his realization which is followed by an enthusiastic nod and eyebrow raise.

"Yeah, I think I like her," Changbin lies, making a weird face as he says it because he knows he is only joking. I hold in my laughter as we both look at Felix who is awfully quiet.

"What do you think, Felix?" I look at him clearing my throat to try and stop laughing. Felix quietly shrugs, seeming a little sad. I notice that Felix tries to put others before him in any situation even if he is getting the short end of the stick. Changbin scoffs, knowing that Felix never admits his feelings.

"Yeah, I'm just kidding, Felix," Changbin pats his back and we notice Felix relax his shoulders.

"AHA, you do like her," I smirk at him, pointing at him after catching him red-handed.

"What? We just met," Felix refuses, raising his voice in defend. Out of doubt, Changbin and I glance at each other and shake our heads.

"So what? Hana and Hyunjin started dating after only knowing each other for like three days?" Changbin points out and I grow quiet when he mentions Hyunjin. I look away from Changbin and then start playing with my hairband again. Felix nudges Changbin to stop talking and he realizes that he made the atmosphere awkward. "Sorry Hana," Changbin apologizes and I shrug it off, knowing that he was just trying to make Felix more comfortable about his feelings.

"It's alright," I say in a small voice, suddenly remembering what Wonyoung told me about Hyunjin again and how I broke his heart. Felix stops packing after noticing that I'm a little sad. He sits beside me and so does Changbin.

"Talk," they both say and look at me.

They realize that I have been building up all of these thoughts in my head without them knowing. I sigh and contemplate telling them what happened last night because it would change their whole perspective on Wonyoung which could make the situation even worse if more people know. I bite my lip and make the decision to tell them.

"I'm thinking about moving on from Hyunjin," I reveal. Changbin and Felix look at each other before answering as if they were silently communicating to figure out what they should say. "I know he doesn't love me anymore." My heart slowly sinks when I finally proclaim those words I never thought I would say.

"Wait, how?" Changbin interrupts, confused on why I think that.

"Uh, Wonyoung told me..." I say awkwardly and they both shake their heads in disappointment.

"Hana, he loves you," Felix reveals in a sincere tone. My eyes well up, knowing that unless I hear it from Hyunjin, it's not true."I know he does." Felix sighs and puts his arm around me to comfort me.

"Hana, what she says is not true," Changbin reminds me. I shake my head in disagreement.

"She's his girlfriend," I say, trying to imply that she knows what Hyunjin is thinking. As his girlfriend, she should know how he truly feels.

"Exactly, she's his girlfriend who is jealous of you," Felix says. "She's just trying to put you down," Felix states, interrupting my thoughts as he tries to open my eyes to this concept. Before I could connect Wonyoung to her true intentions on telling me that Hyunjin doesn't love me, someone knocks on the door.

"Felix, I need shampoo, I'm about to shower," we both hear Hyunjin and our eyes grow wide. I hold Felix's arm to signal that he can't say anything about Wonyoung. Felix hesitates, staring at me with disappointment and sighs. I let out a deep breath and let go of Felix as he opens the door.

"Hey, Hyunjin," Felix greets, noticing the awkward tension. I hope he didn't hear our conversation. I facepalm myself internally, remembering that he does have superhearing. Maybe he didn't hear it though, hopefully... Hyunjin eyes me but looks away once I try to glance at him.

"I just came to ask for some shampoo. I'm about to shower," Hyunjin says, barely making eye contact with me. I look away and try to busy myself by helping Felix put more things into his backpack.

"I gave it to Jisung," Felix says and then glances at me.

"Which one?" Changbin asks. 

"Han Jisung," Felix specifies, making all of us laugh a little because now we will get confused with which Jisung we are referring to. "I'll grab it from him, stay here!" Felix commands. Changbin slowly sits up straight and glances at me and then Hyunjin.

"And I need to finish packing!" Changbin says and scurries up from the bed. Felix pushes Hyunjin inside his room before leaving with Changbin. I feel a wave of relief since Felix didn't mention anything about Wonyoung.

But then I slowly realize what Felix and Changbin were scheming. I curse at them in my head as I zip up his backpack while Hyunjin awkwardly stands there.

"Hi..." Hyunjin says shyly. I smile a little but continue to stare at Felix's backpack, knowing that if I look at him, I will fall in love again.

How can I face him after knowing he doesn't love me anymore?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 1.7K 37
After 6 years Stray Kids reunite for a special mission: a group of copycats are committing crimes in their names. They need to find a way to work tog...
137K 4.7K 26
Remake of Are You Okay from my other account @Imfine108 "Are you okay?" I asked, looking at her worriedly. My eyes drifting to her neck to see red ha...
15.2K 486 15
"Ughhh I can't sleep again!" Halla grumbled in her pillow "It's freaking 2:00 am and I'm still up. What am I doing with my life." // "Oh shit I overs...
1.2K 57 7
With NoEasy promotions over, Stray Kids finally have a little time to rest. But that time to themselves forces them to confront how different one of...