The Bastards of Winterfell

By _kiss3dbyfire

Follow Jon Snows bastard twin sister Alyanna as she travels south to kings landing with her sisters and fathe... More

Winter is Coming
Lord Snow
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
The Wolf and The Lion
A Golden Crown
You Win or You Die
The Pointy End
Baelor
Fire and Blood
The North Remembers
Garden of Bones
The Old Gods and the New
The Prince of Winterfell
A Man Without Honor
Blackwater
Valar Morghulis
Dark Wings, Dark Words
Walk of Punishment

The Kingsroad

2.3K 59 10
By _kiss3dbyfire

Sleep did not come easy for Alyanna, her mind was racing with thoughts of Jon leaving for the wall. Sandor had also crossed her mind.

The abnormally large not a knight, had left her wanting to spend more time with him. He was a quiet man, mysterious. Easy to anger, she noticed during their encounter.

She couldn't help but wonder how he got his scar that covered half of his face. Had it been during war? Possibly a punishment of some sorts from the king? She thought to herself. Alyanna was determined to learn more about him during his stay, other than his name and that he was not a Lord or a Ser.

Raising from her seat in front of her mirror, pleased with her appearance for the day. Alyanna left a sleeping Luna in her chambers. She made her way out into the training yard to try to find her twin brother.

She arrived to find not one of her brothers, even Theon was missing from their usual spot in the yard. Curious, she made her way towards the sables. There she found Robb saddling his horse.

"Good morning sister." He beamed at her. Smiling she moved forward to embrace her brother, feeling as if she hadn't spent much time with him as of late.
Pulling back she asked "Have you seen Jon this morn brother?".

"We are to leave soon on a hunting trip with father and the king. I assume he will be dressing for the day" He said turning back towards his horse. "Father told me he wishes to speak with you before we leave."

"I best go and find father then, stay safe on your trip dear brother." Alyanna sighed, moving to leave the stables.

-

Alyanna could not help but feel nervous making her way to her father. She worried word had gotten to him of her wandering in the cold at such a late hour, or much worse, that word had gotten to him of who she spent that time with.

As she approached Lord Starks solar, she paused. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she knocked to enter.

"Come in." She heard her father say. Opening the door she slowly entered the room before closing it behind her.

"Father. You wanted to see me." She smiled towards her father, receiving a warm smile back. "Yes take a seat Alyanna." He gestured towards the empty seat in front of his study.

"As you have most likely heard by now, King Robert has asked me to join him in kings landing as his hand." He said, voice suddenly more serious.

"I would like you to join me, along with your sisters." He paused looking towards her. Alyanna kept her face straight, showing no signs of weakness. Inside however, she was screaming.

There was nothing she could want less. To leave her home, the place she had grown up and her brothers behind was a thought she could not bare.

"Being hand of the King is a great honour, and will take a lot of my time. I would have peace of mind, knowing you are with me to watch over your sisters." He sighed taking his oldest daughters hands in his own.

Alyanna looked to their conjoined hands, releasing a sigh of her own. Maybe a change of scenery wouldn't be too bad. The capital is said to be beautiful, she could spend some time exploring with Arya. "If this is what you wish father, I will watch over the girls." She said sending a small smile his way.

Ned smiled back to her. "It is my child. I know this will not be easy for you, leaving Jon for such a long time. For the first time if I recall." He joked.

"From what I hear father, it is Jon who has been planning to leave me." She sighed once again. Worry taking over her features.

Ned stood to move towards his daughter, lifting her from her seat, holding her at arms length. "Don't worry about your brother sweet one, he can handle himself. He will find great honour manning the wall." He assured.

Alyanna sighed looking to her father. "You will be able to write him sweet girl, and he can visit." Ned said releasing her. "I hope so Father." Alyanna replied looking to her feet.

"Now, off with you. You have lessons to attend sweet one, we leave for kings landing in the morn." Ned said sweetly to his daughter, sending her on her way.

-

Alyanna had spent the past few hours working with Maester Luwin, so far he had allowed her to help him with a few stitches and mainly fetching any ointments or herbs he needed.

She enjoyed the work, it distracted her from her own mind for a few hours, a bonus being that she had also learnt a great deal from these lessons on healing.

Around midday, Maester Luwin was urgently called upon by a maid, who frantically told him Bran had fallen from the broken tower. "Get him to his chamber, I will be waiting there." He calmly instructed the maid.

Alyanna had frozen at the news, refusing to believe it. Bran had never fallen, he was constantly climbing. Maester Luwin had thought it best to end their lesson for the day with the news, allowing Alyanna to join her siblings whilst he checked Bran over.

The pair rushed towards the young boys chamber, arriving around the same time as Bran being carried by a Guard. The chamber door had been closed as soon as his small body was laid on the bed.

Alyanna felt defeated, there was nothing she could do to help. She stood alone in the hallway outside her baby brothers chamber. Backing up she slid down the cold stone wall, until she was sat on the floor, head in her knees taking deep breaths.

Alyanna stayed like this, trying to calm herself for a few moments. She lifted her head to the sound of rushed footsteps approaching.

Lady Stark, Sansa and Arya were all moving towards Brans Chamber. Lady Stark did not take even a glance towards Alyanna before she entered her sons chamber, closing the door behind her.

Alyanna looked towards her sisters, worry showing on their faces. "Come here." She said opening her arms for them. Arya flung herself into her sisters side.

Sansa paused for a moment, as if contemplating what to do. Eventually she gave in, choosing to sit next to her sister gracefully unlike her younger sister.

"Is Bran going to die Al?" Arya questioned, her voice nearly breaking. Alyanna took a deep breath, looking to her baby sister, she took her face into her hands wiping the tears away.

"No little wolf, Bran is a stark. He is strong, he will wake. I don't know when, but I know he will survive." She stated, trying to sound as confident as she could. She did not want to see Arya cry, even if her words only calmed her for a time.

"You don't know that." Sansa argued, earning a look from Alyanna which told her to keep quiet. With a huff, Sansa stood. Choosing to leave to her own chamber to await news of Bran.

Alyanna and Arya sat in silence for what felt like hours, clinging to each other for comfort. Eventually Arya had fallen asleep in her sisters arms.

-

Alyanna awoke when she suddenly felt a coldness on her right side. Opening her eye only slightly, not wanting to fully wake, she looked around to see Robb carrying a sleeping Arya towards her chamber.

Jon was lifting his twin from her spot. Holding her against his chest, he made his way towards her own chamber.

He opened the door as quietly as possible, Ghost and Luna following behind him. Laying Alyanna down on her bed, he tucked some of the hair around her face behind her ear.

Moving to light the fight in her room, Alyanna reached out to gently take his wrist. "Stay, please." She whispered to her twin.

Jon paused his movements looking towards his sister. "Don't worry, I am just lighting the fire." He assured her.

"Bran?" Alyanna questioned. Finishing the fire, Jon turned to join his sister. "Maester Luwin says if he makes it through the night, he will wake in his own time." Jon sighed.

Alyanna nodded, praying to the old gods, and the new that Bran was strong enough to make it through the night. "We are both to leave at midday. What if he doesn't wake before then?" Alyanna questioned Jon once again.

Jon moved closer to his twin, wrapping his arms around her. "I don't know sister. We can write him once he wakes I suppose." He said.

They stayed like this in the silence for a moment, before Alyanna broke it. "Will you write your twin from a top that big wall?" She whispered, frightened that if she spoke any louder, Jon would somehow disappear.

Jon sighed, taking a moment to think of how to answer his sister. "Of course I will Al, I don't want to leave you, but I have to. My place is not in Winterfell, especially without father, Lady Stark would never allow me to stay." He said turning back to face her.

"I understand Jon, more than most." She said pausing for a moment. "But the wall, must you commit yourself to a lifetime without your family. You'll never take a wife, never father children. You'll never meet my children." She choked, a stray tear rolling down her face.

Jon ran his hands over his face taking in what Alyanna had said to him.

Leaning over he pulled his sister into his side, offering her the comfort she needed in that moment. "This is what I want Alyanna. I want to feel like I belong, to have a purpose." He sighed, feeling as if nothing he could say would calm her.

Alyanna understood in that moment that she was being selfish. She had spent her life depending so heavily on her twin, that she was terrified to have to learn to depend on herself. Her tears now flowed freely down her face.

"Hey, Al please don't cry. I will write, every week. I promise." Jon assured his sister, wiping the tears from her face. But Alyanna couldn't stop the tears from falling as she hugged herself tighter to Jon's torso.

Jon moved with difficulty to pull the furs over the pair of them. He hugged his sister as tight as he could, knowing this could well be the last time they could offer each other any comfort for a very long time.

-

Alyanna awoke to find Luna where Jon had been before she had fallen asleep. Looking around the room she noticed that Ghost was also missing.

Getting out of bed, she made her way to her vanity taking a long look at herself. Her eyes where slightly swollen from crying so much. Dark circles had formed under her eyes from the lack of sleep lately.

Deciding not to dwell on her appearance she began to brush and style her hair in a northern style. She dressed in riding clothes for the journey ahead, matching it with her furs for warmth.

Making her way towards the main hall to break her fast she lost herself in her thoughts. She would ask Jon to take Luna to the wall with him, she didn't want to separate her from her brother like she would be.

Jon could use the extra protection, with most of the brothers at the wall being criminals. Alyanna also worried how Luna would cope with the heat in kings landing.

Lost in her own mind once again, Alyanna walked straight into what felt like a solid wall of steel. "Fuck" She gasped, stunned from the sudden collision.

"You should watch where you walk girl." A gruff voice said. Alyanna looked up to see the giant man stood in front of her, face like thunder.

"Sorry" she whispered, suddenly feeling intimidated. The man she had spoken with only nights ago no where to be seen. That man had been grumpy, but easily amused. Probably due to the wine.

The man before her now seemed like a different man all together. He grunted, moving past her and on his way.

Before she had any time to think, she felt a small child crashing into her torso, clinging on to her frame. Looking down she was met with the wide eyes of Arya.

"Bran made it through the night Alyanna. Maester Luwin says he will wake when he is ready." She gasped, trying to catch her breath. Before Alyanna could get a word out she was interrupted.

"Was he as frightening as everyone says Al?" She questioned, referring to the hound. Alyanna giggled to herself. "Oh sweet girl, come on let's go eat." She said pushing Arya towards the hall.

-

After breaking her fast with her family, Alyanna had gone back to her chambers to pack all of her belongings for kings landing.

She had gotten emotional whilst packing a small bag filled with furs that smelt of her, some of Luna' favourite toys and snacks.

She had almost talked herself into taking her wolf with her south, but decided that would be selfish, and she was done being selfish. Luna could enjoy her time freely, hunting north of the wall with her brother at the wall.

Alyanna had come to the conclusion that travelling south was the change she needed, she needed to find herself, her purpose and most importantly she needed to figure out how to fend for herself.

If Jon could do it, she could too.

-

Alyanna and Jon entered Brans chambers to be met by the cold glare of Lady Stark. The pair stood frozen in the doorway, Alyanna looking to her feet.

"We came to say goodbye to Bran." Jon stated, staring back at the Lady of Winterfell. "You've said it." She spat, returning her eyes back to whatever she was making.

Jon reached out his arm to stop Alyanna from leaving, guiding her forward with him to the side of Brans bed. All the while receiving a cold stare from Catelyn.

" I wish I could be here when you wake up. I'm going north with uncle Benjen, taking the black" Jon said stopping for a moment to lean in closer to his baby brother.

"I know we always talked about seeing the wall together, but you'll be able to come visit me at castle black when your better. I'll know my way around by then, I'll be a sworn brother of the nights watch." Jon paused taking in Brans sleeping features one last time.

"We can go out walking beyond the wall if your not afraid." He whispered. Feeling eyes burn into him, Jon lifted his own eyes to meet Catelyns. All the while Alyanna stood by and watched the exchange.

" I want you both to leave." She spat after a few tense moments, Ned watching on from the door. Alyanna and Jon moved to kiss Bran on the head one last time, before making their way out of his chamber and down to the stables.

-

Lord Stark had thankfully agreed Alyanna could ride horseback with Jon until it was time for him to part for the wall.

She had helped Jon saddle his horse before Robb approached the pair. Letting her brothers have a moment alone for a moment, Alyanna walked over to little Rickon.

"Stay safe little one." She said ruffling his curly hair, earning a cheeky grin from the boy. She pulled him into her for one final hug. A single tear escaping her, she thought of the next time she would possibly see his face.

He could be a man for all she knew. "You too Anna." He smiled up at his sister, oblivious to what was happening around him. For all he knew, his family where just leaving for a hunting trip.

Rickon was too young to realise that he would be much older and wiser by the next time he would see them. With one final smile, Rickon called Shaggeydog to him, running off to try and race the wolf.

Alyanna watched him for a moment before making her way back over to Robb and Jon, her childhood partners in crime. Oh how she would miss the joy her brothers brought her.

"Next time I see you, you'll be all in black." Robb smiled at Jon. Smiling he replied "It was always my colour." The pair laughed like they did as boys, looking to their sister as she arrived.

Robb leant forward pulling Alyanna into him, holding her tightly for a moment before letting go to hold her face. "You take care my sweet sister, be carful in the lions den." He whispered wiping away her tears.

"Write to me when you can brother. I will miss you terribly." She sobbed throwing herself into him one last time. "I will miss you more." He said kissing her head.

Releasing his sister Robbs face fell serious. Looking to the twins he decided he would have to say goodbye before he got anymore emotional.
"Fairwell Snows." He said embracing Jon one last time before turning to leave.

The twins watched as Robb made his way over to their father to say his goodbyes. Jon finally being the first one to break eye contact, he turned to Alyanna. "Come on, let's get going." He said lifting her onto his horse.

Once both on, Alyanna wrapped her furs a little tighter and put her arms around Jon's waist. If she was not to see him for years to come, at least she could hold him for a few more hours.

-

When the time came to say goodbye, Alyanna felt like she had broken. She had to keep telling herself that this was best for the two of them, they had to find themselves as individuals.

They had to find a purpose, each of them needed their own purpose, and to find that they had to go on alone.

"Yes I promise I will write, and I promise I will be careful. You will survive this Alyanna, you have Father, Arya and even Sansa. I'm not dead, I'm a raven away." Jon laughed.

"It isn't funny Jon, I don't know who I am without you." Alyanna sighed pulling him into her arms for the hundredth time.

Once she finally released her hold on him, Jon kissed his sisters head one final time, gently taking hold of her cheek with his hand. "Promise me you will always find your way to me if you are ever in trouble." He whispered.

"Always." She whispered back. Jon released her, allowing her to say her goodbyes to the wolves. Alyanna Crouched down so she was level with Luna.

She put her arms around her wolf stroking down her back as she did, Luna nuzzled closer to her master."Be good for Jon, do as he says. I'll miss you my beast." She laughed. Looking to Ghost for a moment and back to Luna. "Take care of Jon." She said looking over to Jon one last time.

Alyanna made her way over to her fathers horse, allowing him to lift her onto it. Once she was safely on he made his way over to Jon to say his goodbye alone.

Alyanna watched on as they spoke, taking in every detail of her twin one final time. Her emotions where running wild, she had tried her hardest not to let any tears escape.

Hoping it would make it easier for Jon to leave. Ned made his way back over to her, stopping before getting back onto his horse to watch Jon gallop off  to catch up to his new brothers.

"He will be just fine sweet one." He said trying to reassure Alyanna. She said nothing, still trying to prevent the tears from falling.

Ned kicked the horse into motion, galloping to catch up to the wheel house thatArya and Sansa where travelling in for Alyanna to join them.

-

Once the wheel house movements stopped, both Arya and Alyanna where relived to finally be released from the close quarters with Sansa and Septa Mordane.

Stepping out of the wheel house, Alyanna took a moment to appreciate the cool air around her. It had been far too hot in there she thought to herself.

Arya had ran off with Nymeria to play while the camp for the night was being set up, leaving Alyanna with some time alone. She headed towards a secluded tree in the distance, not wanting to be disturbed.

Once she reached the tree she sat down, finally allowing herself to cry. She had not allowed it until she knew she was alone, not wanting to show any weakness in front of her sisters.

She truly felt alone in that moment. Everything was changing and she had a horrible feeling about it. Somthing about this change, felt as if it could all crumble at any moment.

The clinking of armour pulled her out of her thoughts. Looking up she noticed that Sandor had appeared in front of her.

Feeling embarrassed that he had caught her in a moment of weakness, she attempted to wipe her tears away, but they wouldn't stop.

"Here" he said in a gruff voice, handing her a rag to wipe her tears. Hesitantly she took it from him, wiping her eyes.

Awkwardly, Sandor sat down near the girl. Not really knowing what else to do. He was no good with words, but he couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl.

He would never admit it, but he thought she was a true beauty. One of the most beautiful women he had ever seen.

She was very short compared to an averaged sized man, never mind someone of his own size, and she had a women's body. Beautiful long black hair down to her waist, everything a man looks for in a wife.

Sandor was sure she would of been married off by now had she been a trueborn daughter, the Lords of Westeros would of snapped her up in a heart beat.

And yet, she had sad eyes. She seemed lost, like she wasn't sure what to do or say, or who she even was. Had he been a different man he probably would of questioned her on it.

Once finished she held the rag back out to him. "Keep it girl, you'll be needing it where we are heading." He stated looking her in the eyes.

Sandor felt a little unnerved when she held his stare, not used to women, or anyone for that matter, being able to look at him for longer than a few seconds. Repulsed by his scarred face.

"Why do you always call me girl, you know my name." She questioned him, confused as to why he refused to use her name.

Sandor kept quiet, opting to taking out his wine skin instead. Taking a big gulp, he looked to her again and held it out for her to take.

Alyanna took the wine willingly, hoping it might help with her mood. She took a few big gulps, feeling the liquid burn her throat.

This time however she didn't cough at the sensation, for she was expecting it. She did however feel it go to her head, feeling less tense all of a sudden.

"Thank you Sandor." She said passing it back to him. Sandor grunted in response.

Alyanna sat in silence for a while, for once not thinking about everything that was weighing her down. The silence felt comfortable around them, Alyanna did not feel as if she had to fill it with pointless conversation, it was refreshing.

-

Weeks past and Alyanna's patience was running thin in the wheel house. Arya and Sansa bickered like no one else, the sisters really knew how to get under each other's skin.

Not to mention Septa Mordane's constant nagging of all three of the girls. It was enough to make anyone want to pull their hair out.

Tonight they were to stay at an inn for the evening, and Alyanna could not wait for some peace and quiet. She loved her sisters dearly, but if she had to spend one more minute with them without a break, she would go insane.

Sansa was even more insufferable now that she was to marry Prince Joffrey. Turning her nose up at Alyanna whenever she spoke, snapping at her on occasion too.

Of course she let it go over her head at first, but the longer they spent confined to the wheel house, Alyanna began to snap back at her sister.

When the wheel house finally pulled to a stop, Alyanna and Arya wasted no time freeing themselves from it. Running off towards the inn without a second glance at Septa Mordane who was calling after them.

Once inside, the girls learnt they where to share a room. Alyanna didn't mind that, she was sure that Arya would spent her time running around with Nymeria, leaving her to have some time alone.

As expected, Arya had made friends with the butchers boy Mycah, the pair ran towards her sister.
"We are going down to the river, to practice sword fighting Al." She beamed.

"Be careful, no causing any trouble." Alyanna smiled at the littlest wolf. This caused Arya to flash her a cheeky smile and run off with the boy.

Alyanna decided she would get some rest whilst Arya played. Making her way upstairs, she opened her door to a small room. The fire was lit making the room nice and warm. Two small beds sat against each corner of the room, perfect for her and Arya.

Laying down, Sandor crossed her mind once again. She had not seen him since the evening he had found her crying.

Not many words had been exchanged between the two that evening, but Sandor didn't strike her as the type of man to know how to handle a crying women.

She was thankful he had shown her kindness in his own way, considering his reputation. Not that Alyanna had known of it before he arrived in Winterfell, she had just heard talk.

They sat in silence for what seemed like hours, sharing his wine. Alyanna had eventually drunk herself to sleep underneath the tree, and had woken up in her tent shared with Arya the next morning with a headache.

She could only assume he had carried her to it, that or her father had found her. But surely if father had found her, she would be in for a lecture that following morning.

But no such lecture had come from him. Alyanna couldn't help but wonder what Sandor had meant when he said she would be needing the rag he had given her, where they were heading.

She chose not to dwell on the advice, instead making the decision that during her stay in kings landing, she would keep to herself. She would not be quick to trust anyone other than her family, and Sandor from what she had seen of him so far.

Northerners where known for not trusting outsiders, yet Alyanna had not inherited this trait. She was very quick to show kindness to those who did the same to her.

If it had not been for Jon inheritance of the guarded nature, she could of ended up in some very serious incidents. Alyanna sighed sadly thinking of her childhood. She missed her brothers more than anything.

Suddenly the door to her room was flung open and in ran Sansa. Tears streaming down her face. Alyanna sat up in her bed, worried for her sister.

"What is wrong sweet one." She questioned, moving to console her. Sansa angrily shook her sister off, moving to pace the room.

"Arya has spoilt everything." Sansa shouted. Throwing herself onto the other bed in a dramatic fashion. Alyanna rolled her eyes, sitting back onto her own bed.

"I cannot help if you do not tell me exactly what has happened Sansa." She asked once again.

"Arya was acting like a beast again with the butchers boy. Nymeria attacked Prince Joffrey, and now he hates me." Sansa managed to say between sobs. Alyanna mentally sighed, not this again. She'd had enough of her sisters fighting on the Journey so far.

"Where is Arya now?" Alyanna asked calmly, causing Sansa's head to shoot up to glare at her. "I knew you would take her side, you always do." Sansa snarled.

Alyanna was taken aback by her sisters words, realising that her sister was still just a child. Hurt by her close relationship with Arya. Sighing, Alyanna got up from her spot on the bed and made her way over to a sulking Sansa.

"Sansa, I am not taking sides. I love both you and Arya. You are my little sisters. I only meant to find Arya, so that we can fix this." She said trying to sooth her sister, placing her hand on her shoulder.

"She ran off with Nymeria and the butchers boy, and now Joffrey hates me." Sansa cried sitting up and clinging to her sister for comfort. Alyanna placed a kiss to her sisters head, stroking her hair to console her.

"Arya will be back, she is probably scared to get into trouble." She sighed, pausing for a moment to take Sansa's face between her palms gently, urging her to look at her. "Look at me sister, if prince Joffery hates you. That is his loss. You are a strong, confident young lady. You are beautiful inside and out. And if he cannot see that for himself, then he is not the man for you. His anger will calm, along with his wound sweet one." She said sweetly.

Sansa had said nothing in response to her sister, she simply hugged herself into her once more and continued to cry.

-

Alyanna had spent the next few hours consoling Sansa, whilst waiting for any news on Arya's whereabouts. She had helped Sansa into a bath, brushed her hair out and helped to dress her for bed.

Once Sansa was asleep, she began to worry for Arya. It was nightfall now, and still no sign of the youngest wolf. Father and his men had been out looking for her for hours. Due to the fact they had still not returned, Alyanna had guessed they'd had no luck so far.

Wrapping herself in her furs quietly, she exited the room where Sansa was sleeping peacefully making her way down into the tavern. At the top of the tavern sat King Robert, the rest of the room was filled to the brim with Kingsgaurd men. Alyanna noticed Queen Cersei sat next to her husband sending a glare her way, whilst consoling her injured son.

Trying her best to avoid a confrontation with the Queen, Alyanna spotted Sandor sat alone at the back of the room. She hastily made her way over to him with her head down, trying to avoid drawing any attention to herself.

Without a word, she sat down next to the gruff man. Sandor did not glance her way, continuing to drink his ale. A few moments sat next to Sandor calmed Alyanna down, she felt safe. Well as safe as she possibly could, with no northern men in sight, sat next to the Princes sworn shield.

Alyanna raised her hand slightly to a serving girl, indicating she wanted a drink. Once the girl had brought her a pint of ale, she took a large drink from it. The taste was far from good, nothing like wine she thought to herself, but she would not turn her nose up at anything to drink in this moment.

"Didn't take you for a Lady who likes Ale." Sandor mumbled, not looking to her. Alyanna Laughed quietly to herself, taking another gulp of the brown ale. "I'm a bastard, not a Lady. Remember." She said quietly, hoping Sandor could hear her words.

Sandor huffed beside her indicating that he had indeed heard her words. Looking around the room Alyanna took in her surroundings. Noticing Prince Joffrey was now sending daggers her way, along with his mother. King Robert was drunk, laughing with a common whore sat on his lap.

Most of the room was filled with the Kings men. All drinking their fill, eating and acting merry with any tavern whores that were available to them. Alyanna thought for a moment, just how much she hated the way the world worked.

Women were treated with no respect. Even now, Queen Cersei was sat next to her husband as he groped another women. In that moment, she vowed to herself that she would never let a man treat her in such a way. Somewhat angrily, she grabbed her Ale finishing the cup.

Sandor glanced at her from the corner of his eye, laughing inwardly at the small girl downing her drink. He had to admit to himself, he had missed her company over the last few weeks.

The cunt Prince had kept him busy lately, obviously afraid of being cornered alone by bandits. Sandor had not seen Alyanna since the night she drank herself to sleep, leaving him to carry her to bed.

She had looked so peaceful, full of innocence, and blissfully unaware of how cruel the world around her was. He had vowed to himself that night to keep his eye on the small wolf, during her stay in kings landing.

Alyanna was ripped from her thoughts at the tavern doors being swung open. Arya was pushed through the doors and before the King.

Panic stricken, Alyanna threw her chair back and ran towards her sister. When she reached her, she pulled her into her arms.

Relief filling her for a few moments, before remembering her surroundings. "It wasn't my fault." Arya said, looking to Alyanna with terror in her eyes. "Shush little wolf, I know." She soothed her.

During the exchange King Robert had rid himself of the whore in his lap. Looking to the kings guard before him. "Send word to Ned." He ordered, silencing the Stark girl and her bastard sister.

All that was left to do was wait. Alyanna glanced over her shoulder to spot Sandor not far behind her. His face more serious than usual, looking straight ahead waiting for orders.

Queen Cersei had summoned a Guard, whispering into his ear. Alyanna could not make out what she had said, but with the glare both she and Arya where receiving, no good could come from it.

Alyanna pulled Arya further into her, feeling the small wolf tense up from the glares she was receiving.

The Tavern door swung open once more, Ned and his men pushing through the crowd that had formed in front of the King, towards his daughters.

Taking ahold of Arya by her shoulders. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Arya cried. "Are you hurt?" He questioned, taking her face into his hand to look around her face for any signs of injuries.

"No" she replied. Ned pulled his daughter into his arms for a moment, before gently pushing her back towards Alyanna.

"What is the meaning of this." He roared. "Why was my daughter not brought to me at once." He snapped.

"How dare you speak to your King in that manner." Cersei argued calmly. "Quiet Women." King Robert silenced.

"Sorry Ned. I never meant to freighten the girl, but we need to get this business done quickly." He stated, nodding towards his childhood friend.

"Your girl and that butchers boy attacked my son. That animal of hers nearly tore his arm off." Cersei said calmly, her voice laced with venom.

"That's not true. She just bit him a little. He was hurting Mycah." Arya argued, causing both her father and the King to look towards her.

"Joff told us what happened, you and that boy beat him with clubs while you set your wolf on him." Cersei glared at the small girl.

"That is not what happened." Arya shouted.

"Yes it is, they all attacked me and she threw my sword in the river." Joffrey whined like a small child.

"Liar." Arya screamed, attempting to jump forward towards the Prince before Alyanna caught her, holding her back.

"Enough." Roared King Robert. "He tells me one thing, she tells me another. Seven hells. What am I to make of this." He said looking to Ned.

"Where is your other daughter Ned." He questioned. Ned looked towards Alyanna, knowing he had sent Sansa to her room for Alyanna to watch over her while he searched for Arya.

"She is in bed asleep, your grace." Alyanna said, bowing her head out of respect.

"She's not." Queen Cersei said calmly, a smugness taking over her face. "Sansa, come here darling." She called out.

The crowd parted way, allowing Sansa to make her way forward towards her father and sisters. She looked around nervously, before facing King Robert himself.

"Now child. Tell it all and tell it true. It is a great crime to lie to a King." He asked seriously, hoping to get to the bottom of the matter.

Alyanna watched on as Sansa looked anywhere but at her family or the King. She could sense that Sansa did not want to involve herself in this mess, she did not wish to further upset her betrothed, or her sister.

Sansa's eyes finally landed on Joffrey as he watched her in anticipation. " I don't know. I don't remember. It all happened so fast." She said, her eyes looking back at King Robert.

"Liar. Liar. Liar." Arya screamed, bolting forward to grab her sisters hair and pulling it while she screamed.

Alyanna's eyes where fixed on Queen Cersei as the chaos ensued, leaving her father to break the girls apart. The Queens eyes lit up as the girls fought, almost as if her plan had come together perfectly.

Alyanna broke her stare, turning to grab Arya as her father was struggling to get ahold of the wild wolf. She had grown used to breaking apart the pairs fights during the journey south.

"She's as wild as that animal of hers. I want her punished." Cersei said, turning to Robert. Robert rolled his eyes, looking towards his wife.

"And what would you have me do women. Whip her through the streets?" He questioned. "Dammit, children fight. It's over." He roared.

"Joffrey will bare these scars for the rest of his life." She spat, refusing to back down. Robert looked to his son, eyes boring into him.

"You let that little girl disarm you." He spat, disgust evident in his voice. Alyanna watched as the Prince shrank three sized under his fathers stare.

She couldn't help the slight smirk that worked its way onto her face. He was in need of that, walking around flighting children half his size.

"Ned see to it that your daughter is disciplined. I'll do the same with my son." King Robert ordered, nodding towards Ned.

"Rightly so, your grace." Ned replied, relief washing over him. He turned to his daughters guiding them towards the exit, followed by King Robert.

"And what of the Direwolf. What of the beast that savaged your son." Cersei's voice cut through the silence, causing everyone to pause their actions and turn to face King Robert.

Robert sighed, turning to face his guard. "Forgot the damned wolf." He said, his voice laced with boredom.

"No trace was found of the wolf, your grace." He stated.

"So be it." Robert said, continuing on his way. "We have another wolf." Cersei called once again.

Causing the Stark children to turn on their heels to look to their father in confusion. "As you will." Robert said after a moments pause.

Alyanna couldn't make out the whispered exchange between her father and the King. But she knew well enough that Cersei had meant Lady.

"He doesn't mean Lady does he. No. No not Lady. Lady didn't bite anyone. She's good." Sansa screamed, pleading with her father.

"Lady wasn't there." Arya managed to scream before she was pulled back by Alyanna, her mouth covered by her hand as Sansa continued to scream at her father.

Alyanna knew shouting would do no good, the King had no choice.

"Is this your command, Your Grace." Ned questioned, is voice laced with sarcasm as he referred to his King.

Robert looked to Ned for a moment holding his stare. Before turning on his heel and marching off on his way, without so much as a nod.

"Ser Ilyon, do me the honour." Cersei spoke up, her eyes sparkling with joy.

"No." Ned interrupted, turning to his eldest daughter. "Alyanna, take the girls to their rooms." He said, defeated.

"I will do it myself. The wolf is of the north, she deserves better than a butcher." Ned spat towards his Queen.

Alyanna had pushed Sansa and Arya towards the stairs to their rooms. Jory had stepped in to help her after a moment, he lifted Sansa up as she wept on his shoulder.

Alyanna carried Arya up the stairs with grate difficulty, as she fought to escape her arms. She began to dig her nails into her favourite sisters arms in an attempt to free herself.

Anger getting the best of her, Alyanna had snapped at her little sister. "Arya stop it." She shouted, startling the little wolf.

She immediately gave up her fight, having never heard her sister raise her voice so loud. Once at the top of the stairs, they made their way into Alyanna and Arya's joint room.

"Jory, Sansa will be sleeping in our room with us tonight. If you could put her on that bed for me please." Alyanna said politely, smiling in thanks as he did as she asked.

Once Jory had left to make his way down stairs, Alyanna turned to her sisters. "Enough is enough. You are family. And family sticks together. I am sick of your arguing." Alyanna scolded.

Both girls began to argue in their own defence. "I said enough." Alyanna roared louder this time. Causing both girls to quiet themselves, shocked at her outburst.

Taking a moment to breath and calm herself, Alyanna was shocked at herself. She put her anger down to having such a long and tiring day. Lack of sleep mostly.

"Arya, you are in that bed with me. Sansa you stay there. It's time for sleep, we will talk about this in the morning once we have calmed down." She sighed, moving to tuck Sansa into bed placing a kiss to her head.

Arya jumped into bed, leaving space for Alyanna to join her. Once she did she kissed her sister on the head, and the room became silent for the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

736K 25.9K 100
"𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞" What if Daenerys Targaryen had a twin, and this twin was taken to Winterfell. The wildest of the Targarye...
52K 2.4K 27
Verena Stark was at the whims of the Lannisters when her father died. At the whims of the most unstable Clegane. 🐺 "The world can be a nasty place...
50K 2.5K 60
Amelia Baratheon the eldest daughter of Cersei and Robert, Twin of Joffrey gets set up with Robb Stark on their trip to Winterfell. But things take a...
41.8K 1.9K 24
Gendry and his twin sister had a special bond, could Ned coming to the capital mess that up? 🦁 "Her smile awakes the northern lights." ⚔️ Most char...