Love Bites (Rewrite)

By mcandr1

If there is one thing that always bites it's falling in love. Rebecca Cross is an ordinary high school girl w... More

Chapter 1: The First Drop
Chapter 2: Throbbing Recognition
Chapter 3: So, Vampires Are a Thing
Chapter 4: A Day in the Life of a Vampire
Chapter 5: That Escalated Quickly
Chapter 6: An Agreement
Chapter 7: Natural Curiosity
Chapter 8: Beyond the Shadow of Doubt
Chapter 9: Obey or Else
Chapter 10: Scars
Chapter 11: Blood Bonds
Chapter 12: Strictly Professional
Chapter 13: A Friend Date
Chapter 14: To Be Human
Chapter 15: Sensory Overload
Chapter 16: Awkward
Chapter 17: Blood Merry
Chapter 18: Human Day
Chapter 19: Friendzone
Chapter 20: Baggage
Chapter 21: Hears a Thought
Chapter 22: Honey I'm Home
Chapter 23: Negotiations
Chapter 24: Till Death Do Us Part
Chapter 25: Rest in Peace

Chapter 26: Love Bites

571 28 21
By mcandr1

What did Bex do as she waited for three days to pass? She mostly slept. She needed to, in order to heal faster. She slept almost the whole day away, only waking to eat or when Joan came to check on her.

Joan knew she needed to come up with a plan. No way was Bex going to be able to survive the feeding frenzy that Lyssa was sure to be in once she woke up. So, with the help of her dad and the doctor at the hospital a few blood bags went missing. Although they didn't like the idea of supplying the vampire with food, they had to side with Joan and admit it was better than risking someone's life.

So, on the night of day three Joan met Bex outside her house carrying a small cooler in her good arm.

"What's that?" Bex asked as they walked to the mansion.

"Insurance," Joan said.

"Insurance?"

"My insurance just in case she goes into a frenzy, I don't want her to accidentally kill you, so I brought back-up."

"Is it blood? Where did you get blood?"

"The hospital, my dad knows a guy."

"You told your dad!" Bex accused.

"Relax, I didn't tell him much. I just told him that we needed blood to prevent Lyssa from going into a frenzy. He knows to give me space when it comes to protecting you."

"Still," Bex looked around as if expecting to see vampire slayers hiding in the bushes.

"Just relax, come on. I still think nightmare barbie and ken are around here somewhere," Joan glanced around.

"You do?"

"Emm, my dad said reports are coming in from all over the city. Ever since the fight, five people have come up dead. The official story, heart attacks. The unofficial story, they were all drained dry. They are still around here somewhere. Either they are too injured to leave, or..."

"Or?" Bex gulped.

"Or they are sticking around and plotting revenge. Either way, we need to be prepared for when they make their grand reappearance."

Bex clung closer to Joan and eyed her surroundings.

"I don't think they will attack us yet, they still need to heal themselves, but we are at the disadvantage because while they can just drain someone and magically get better, we need to heal up the good old fashion way," Joan sighed.

"Yay for being human," Bex said sarcastically.

Joan snorted in amusement.

They walked into Lyssa's house and once again made their way to the basement. Bex revealed the secret room, this time she was more prepared as she brought a lantern and set it on the ground, and let it light up the room. Joan set the cooler down and popped it open revealing the blood bags.

"Okay, just take it easy, a small cut. Just to wake her up, then I can give her these," Joan said.

Bex nodded and lifted up the lid. Lyssa was still there, though she looked a little worse for wear. Her cheeks were sunken in, and she looked older. Like she was decaying. Bex got goosebumps on her skin at the sight of it. Then she quickly took out her pocketknife.

She and Joan shared a look before Bex cut a tiny line on her wrist. Bex winced in pain but held her wrist steady as the first drop of blood slid down her arm and onto Lyssa's lips. Lyssa's eyes shot open.

They were glowing bright red.

Before Joan or Bex could react, Lyssa bolted upright and chomped down on Bex's wrist.

"Bex!" Joan quickly went to pry Lyssa off.

"No, no... it's okay... it feels good," Bex sighed in pleasure as Lyssa took in large greedy gulps.

"You can't, you're not well enough," Joan chastised her.

"Uhh, god... Lyssa," Bex moaned in pleasure.

Lyssa knew she wasn't going to be able to stop. Not unless someone stopped her. She shot Joan a panicked look and that was all Joan needed. She yanked Bex free. Bex quickly snapped out of her haze.

Lyssa gagged and coughed as she struggled to remain in control. The burning desire for blood engulfed her. She clenched tightly to her casket. If she didn't get blood soon, she was likely to kill both of them.

"Here," Joan quickly handed her a blood bag.

Lyssa made a face, but she was starving and didn't have the right to be picky. She bit into the bag and quickly drained it dry. Joan handed her another, and another until there was none left.

"Lyssa," Bex went to hug her.

"Wait! She not done!" Joan tried to warn her, but it was too late.

Lyssa sunk her fangs into Bex's neck and began to feed.

"Stop it! You'll kill her!" Joan tried to pull Bex free.

Lyssa let out some type of growl, very animalist. Joan had never heard a vampire make that sound before. Come to think of it, Joan had never witnessed a vampire feeding this up close and personal before, other than watching her aunt get killed. Which wasn't a comforting thought at the moment.

Still, with one arm out of service and no vampire-slaying tools on her, she was helpless. All she could do was watch as Lyssa drained Bex. It wasn't long before Bex went limp in Lyssa's arms.

"Stop it! Here, drink from me," Joan offered her arm.

It took everything in her power to force herself off of Bex. She cried out in anguish because she still needed more. A lot more. She hadn't felt this hungry since she was trapped underground for 22 years.

Joan quickly went to Bex's side.

"Bex, Bex wake up," Joan shook her.

Behind her Lyssa eyed her neck, her red eyes glowing with desire. She could fight the urge no longer and she grabbed Joan from behind and sunk her fangs into her neck. Joan yelped in surprise but then shuddered as the haze of euphoria overtook her.

Lyssa drank and drank and drank until Joan fell limp to the floor. Only then could she finally get a hold of herself. Yes, she was still hungry, but it was a controllable hunger that could go a few days unchecked.

Lyssa got out of her coffin and stumbled around a bit. She was disoriented. How long had it been? She was sure it would only be one night, but by the looks of Joan and Bex, whose bruising had vanished considerably she could tell it had been much longer.

She took a calming breath before picking Bex up and running her to the bedroom where she laid her on the bed. Then she ran back and did the same for Joan. They were alive and would be fine, but she knew they were going to need food and water when they woke up.

She examined her reflection and frowned at her now uneven hair. She needed a haircut. She smelled her shirt and made a face; she also needed a shower. She quickly started the shower and threw off her arm cast, she didn't need it anymore as her arm was healed.

As she examined her body in the shower, she noticed her muscles were more toned and defined. All her scars were gone. She just looked healthier overall. She seriously needed to cut her nails though.

After her shower, she cut her nails and brushed her teeth before getting dressed. Joan and Bex still laid sleeping on the bed. Then Lyssa grabbed some stuff to cut her hair and went into the restroom.

She didn't shave her head again, instead, she trimmed up the once shaven side and made it more even and less patchy looking. Then she cut the longer side to match. Her hair was short pixie cut and covered her ears just a bit. Lyssa ruffled her hair admiring the new hairstyle. Then she swept up the mess she made and put away all her tools. Her ears perked up at the sound of someone waking up.

She zoomed into the room but frowned in disappointment when she saw it was only Joan.

"I should kill you," Joan grunted as she sat up.

"What would you like to eat?" Lyssa asked.

"What?" Joan said in confusion.

"Food? What do you like? I can go and get it."

"Oh, uh... Anything is good. I'm not picky, just get me whatever you get Bex. But extra garlic," Joan smirked.

"Ha-ha very funny," Lyssa rolled her eyes before she vanished.

Joan sighed and rubbed her neck; nothing was there, but she knew her blood had been drained by a vampire and that was enough to make her feel sick to her stomach. She glanced around the bedroom and eyed Bex who was sleeping next to her. Then her eyes found the wall which was all scuffed up from where the bed had repeatedly slammed against the wall. Joan made a face of disgust as she realized she was sitting on the very bed that Bex and Lyssa had sex in.

She tried to get up and walk over to the table, but she got light-headed and fell down to the floor.

"I'll kill her," Joan grumbled as she struggled to her feet with one arm.

Bex stirred awake just as Joan sat back on the bed.

"Lyssa?" Bex sat up.

"She went to go and get food," Joan said.

"Oh," Bex glanced at Joan.

"She drank my blood," Joan grumbled.

"Are you okay?" Bex asked.

"Yep, just peachy."

Bex sighed and laid back down, just waiting for Lyssa to come back. She reached for the remote on the bedside table and clicked the classical music button.

"Really?" Joan turned and frowned at her.

"What? Not a fan of classical, what about this?" She pressed the rock button and screamo rock came blaring out.

Joan and Bex shared a look before bursting into laughter.

Bex turned it off and tossed the remote back on the table.

"How do you from classical to that?" Joan giggled.

"Beats me that's a Lyssa question. She also has smooth jazz and 80's pop," Bex snickered.

"What weird music taste."

"That's nothing wait till you see her book collection. She reads nothing but old boring books! Like hello? Where the action, romance, the suspense? She definitely has bad taste."

"I would say you are the one with questionable taste," Lyssa said as she walked in with bags of food.

"Lyssa!" Bex got up to run to her but nearly fainted. Lyssa quickly caught her in her arms.

"I got you," Lyssa smiled.

Bex giggled as Lyssa struggled to hold her and the food.

Lyssa helped Bex to the table and set the food down. No sooner had she done that then did Bex once again leap into her arms.

"Honestly Rebecca," Lyssa sighed.

"I was so worried about you. I couldn't feel you. I was so scared. Don't do that to me, you stupid vampire," Bex buried her head into Lyssa's chest and held back her tears.

Lyssa wrapped her arms around Bex and held her tight.

"I was the one worried about you. I did it for you. I knew I had to take my pain out of the equation for you to survive. I faced my fear for you, Rebecca."

"You would put yourself through that for me?" Bex pulled back and looked Lyssa in the eyes.

"Yes. I have grown quite attached to you. Against my will, I might add," Lyssa teased her.

Bex giggled.

"I just got you, I don't want you going anywhere, do you understand me? I have chosen to enjoy these moments in my life with you, no matter where this road will lead me. I want to travel it with you."

Bex smiled and this time she let her tears fall. She was so happy that Lyssa had opened her heart to her.

"I would like that too. I want to walk every mile with you. You mean a lot to me."

"You mean everything to me," Lyssa whispered the admission.

Bex leaned in and kissed her. Lyssa closed her eyes and kissed her back.

Joan cleared her throat.

"Now that I want to gouge my eyes out, can I eat?"

Lyssa sighed and pulled back,

"Are you sure it's not too late to kill her?" Lyssa asked.

"Play nice. She helped me get you back on your feet," Bex chastised her.

"Emm, the things I do for love," Lyssa turned to Joan before helping her sit at the table with Bex.

Joan quickly began to dig into her food. Lyssa watched her intensely.

"Stop that, you weirdo," Joan complained around a mouth full.

Lyssa made a face.

Bex giggled as she too dug into her food.

"I suppose I owe you now slayer," Lyssa said.

"Uh, yeah. I mean I try and help you not kill Bex and what do I get? Fangs in my neck. You owe me big time, and just because I helped you doesn't make us friends I only did it for Bex."

"Regardless, I am in your debt. You protected Rebecca while I was indisposed. You saved her life from me. You offered your own blood to me. Not to mention how helpful you were in getting Rebecca's help at the fight. I may not like you very much, but I just want to say, thank you. If you ever need anything, within reason, of course, I shall help you."

Joan eyed her.

"Oh, she's for real, she all noble and whatnot. That's how I got her to spare me after I saved her life," Bex said.

"A decision I regret by the second."

"Lair, you never regretted letting me live, miss secret cuddles in my sleep."

Lyssa smiled at Bex. It brought her back to the memory of Elizabeth, but in a good way. No longer did she feel pain when she thought of Elizabeth, now she was finally ready to move on.

"Guilty as charged I suppose," Lyssa looked down to hide her smile.

"This is weird, I don't like it," Joan made a face.

"Well, you better get used to it. You're one of us now," Bex said.

"One of you?" Joan raised an eyebrow.

"Yep, the rehabilitated into an actual decent person club."

Lyssa and Joan both laughed.

"Hey! I'm serious," Bex pouted.

"Oh, Rebecca, whatever will I do with you?" Lyssa shook her head.

"I don't know, but you better figure it out because you're stuck with me now," Bex playfully pouted.

Lyssa walked up behind Bex and wrapped her arms around her, resting her head on Bex's shoulder. Bex smiled.

"Look not to be a Debbie Downer here, but we still have two vampires on the loose and my family is not exactly in any shape to fight them off at the moment. Not to mention that a pack of vampires could show up any day now, so yeah, less romance and more strategy," Joan said.

"Ugh! Can't you let me have this moment," Bex complained.

"Well if you want more of these vomit-inducing moments you better start planning."

"She does have a point," Lyssa grumbled.

"Don't agree with her! Do you know what that means for me? It means getting up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday and training again! No! I demand more sleep and more cartoons; I cannot work in these conditions."

"I can always make you," Lyssa smirked.

"You won't."

"And why is that?" Lyssa asked.

"Because you love me now and by the law of love you can't force your partner to do anything they don't want."

"Who made these rules? Love bites," Lyssa snapped her teeth playfully.

Bex giggled.

"So, what's the plan?" Joan asked Lyssa.

Lyssa sighed and began to pace the room as Joan and Bex finished their food.

"Well more training is in order, that is certain. But you two also need to heal, and I need to feed. We are in quite a bind here. If I know Lacy, and I do, she won't give up until she feels she has righted whatever was wronged. Which means she will probably come after Rebecca again. Or..." Lyssa stopped in her steps.

"What is it?" Bex asked.

"Lacy could leave and bring the whole pack here, which we don't want."

"Why's that?" Joan asked.

"We would be looking at another vampire slayer war."

Bex frowned.

"So, what you are saying is that we are sitting ducks and you are all we got right now," Joan sighed.

Lyssa nodded.

Bex pouted.

"We will just have to take extra precautions. From now on Rebecca, if something comes to your window do not let it in unless you are one hundred percent positive it is me. When out in public stay close to Joan or me at all times. At least until I can get you on a level where you can protect yourself. You will need more training, lots more training. I saw many errors during your fight at the battle."

"Ugh! What a slave driver," Bex complained as she shoved the rest of her burger in her mouth.

Joan smiled and shook her head.

"This is a serious matter Rebecca you can't just..."

Bex whimpered as Lyssa went into her instructional rant. Joan was giggling at Bex as she pouted and huffed in protest. Lyssa was pacing the room ranting on about proper fighting etiquette and whatnot.

The three of them became an unspoken team.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

706 76 28
A vampire's submissive mate gets a taste of freedom and realizes that she no longer wants to submit. - When the vampire Ansa comes back to town, ever...
33 14 6
Genre - Romance, Fantasy Mildly Connected to - Town Of Horrors Did you ever watched Twilight and thought how cool it would be to live like a Vampire...
152K 9.5K 37
Tris thought she would go home for a quick visit after being convinced by her brother. More like begged and guilted. Not a few days there and her par...
187K 11K 20
In which the popular boy attempts to use an exchange student to make his ex girlfriend jealous, but his ex ends up (fake) dating the exchange student...