✔️ MALEDETTO | 18 +

By LilaAurora_LA

⚠️BE WARNED⚠️: This book is a dark romance and contains abusive and mature content. Smut. An emotional roller... More

PLOT
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 12

7.9K 384 64
By LilaAurora_LA

Previous chapter:
"We'll find her."

Calina's pov

I sat in the backseat of the car. Zia was sleeping, her head resting on my lap. My head rested against the window as I watched the landscape passing by, like my life.

I didn't know what I was feeling right now. I didn't know how to feel after murdering someone almost twenty minutes ago.

I killed him, it was official now, I was a murderer, but still remained calm. I didn't panic, I couldn't afford to panic, otherwise his man, Dominik, who was driving me, his boss's killer, home, would get suspicious.

The irony that he was unaware that he was driving his boss's killer home, made me snort a little. He thought he was obeying his boss's instructions by driving me home as I ordered him to pick me up from his room to drive me home with my daughter by his boss's phone.

I didn't feel bad for killing him. I didn't know if guilt would consume me later for taking a life, or not, but for now I didn't regret strangling him to death.

He deserved it. He threatened me with my daughter. He told me he'd use my daughter to make me his puppet. And I couldn't let it happen. Not again.

I was tired of being told what to do. I was tired of being bossed around. And I'd rather kill a bastard like him than kill hundreds of innocent lives while playing his puppet and doing what he wanted me to.

"We have arrived," Dominik said, bringing me back out of my thoughts. "Thanks," I said with a forced smile.

"So, you work for us now, huh?" he asked me as I was carefully removing Zia's head from my lap to get out of the car.

"Yes," I confirmed, nodding my head. "And when do you start working?" he asked me next.

"I have some organizational work to take care of, like resigning from the hospital and legally checking Zia out of the hospital before I start working for your boss," I lied smoothly.

"That means?"

"Mr. Cortez and I both agreed that I would start next week," I lied, giving him a date, as I took Zia out of the car. "Alright, see you next week, Ms. Hooker," he said, nodding his head before driving away. "

"I don't think so," I muttered as he drove away. I will take my daughter and leave before his men would find out I had killed their boss and would be after me to avenge their boss's death.

They would surely find his corpse in the morning, which meant I had to leave tonight.

Sighing, I went to my house. As I managed to open the front door with Zia in my arms, I went to my bedroom and carefully laid her on the bed before I caressed her face with tears in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry that you had to go through this," I whispered as the doorbell rang.

Frowning, I got up from the bed. My heart pounded madly at the thought that they had found out I killed him sooner than I expected.

Quietly, I went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife before walking to the front door. I looked through the peephole and saw Emma and Bob.

Letting out a breath of relief, I opened the door. As I opened the door, Emma immediately hugged me.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't call you spoiled, I was just angry that you got involved with gangsters again. I should be more lenient considering your daughter's situation," she muttered.

"It's alright," I muttered, hugging her back as I needed someone to hug me after the last few hours. My mind was a mess, I felt like a hurricane, whirling around without knowing what I was doing.

"Why the hell do you have a knife in your hand?" Bob asked me, taking the knife away from me. "I was making a sandwich," I lied numbly as he gazed at my agitated state.

"Did something happen?" he asked worriedly, obviously not buying it.

Emma pulled away from the embrace, looking at me with the same worried expression as Bob. I gave them an exhausted look before going into the living room. I heard the front door close before steps followed me into the living room.

Sitting on the couch, I looked at them as they entered the living room. "I got my daughter back," I said and they both looked at me in surprise. "W-What?" Emma asked confused. "How?"

"Where was she?" Bob asked next. "It wasn't her father who kidnapped her. It was the gangster whom I borrowed the money from. He kidnapped her to blackmail me to work for him," I explained the situation to them.

"Wait, wait, wait," said Bob, confused. "How did he let you go? He just let you both go?" I shook my head.

"No, he said he would take my daughter as payment for the deal we made if I didn't work for him. He said he could find an use for her because she was as beautiful as her mother, after all," I mumbled, feeling disgust rise in me as I remembered his words.

"Then, how did he let you go? Did you accept to work for him?" Emma hesitantly asked me. I looked at her, asking her, "Do you think that low of me?"

"You didn't accept to work for him." She stated now.

Shaking my head again, I confirmed her, "No, I would never work for him. I would never take innocent lives."

"How then? How did you convince him to let you go with your daughter?" Bob asked this time. "I didn't convince him, I killed him," I said, still feeling numb.

"You did what? Are you kidding me?" Emma asked with a gasp, looking at me taken aback. "I'm not kidding. I killed him, I strangled him with his own belt," I told both of them.

"Are you fucking with me?" she asked me, and I shook my head, "Do you know what you did? Oh, we're so fucked up!"

"Babe, calm down!" Bob tried to calm her down. "I am trying but I can't! I try to be lenient with her considering her past but I can't! There will be men after us for killing this ... this man! This gangster! Oh my god! What if they hurt Boris?" she asked in panic.

"I don't need you to be lenient with me! And I don't need your fucking pity!" I gritted out, getting up from the couch. "That's not what she meant," Bob tried to calm me down.

"That's exactly what she meant!" I hissed, looking at her, "But don't worry, I won't cause you or your family any problems! I'll take my daughter piss off your life! You can tell them when they come that I've moved out and you don't know where I am!"

"No, Lina, you're not going anywhere. And calm down you all, we're going to fix this problem like the other problems we fixed!" Bob said calmly.

"No," I said with a bitter smile, "your wife is right. They will come after you too if you protect me. You have a son to take care of. And I couldn't live with the guilt if something happens to you or Boris. I will take my daughter and go away. It's my mess, not your family's."

"Lina, I didn't mean that ...you are also our family," Emma began, but I interrupted her. "No, that's exactly what you meant, and I'm not, otherwise you'd also fear for me, and protect me, but you don't, and you don't have to, my daughter is enough for me anyway."

Before they both said a word, I walked past them and went to my bedroom and took my suitcase, starting to put our clothes in it.

"What are you doing? Lina! Put the suitcase aside and let's talk," Bob whispered, in order not to wake Zia up, who was sleeping peacefully on the bed.

"There's nothing to talk about. I've listened enough to you and your wife!" I said, closing my suitcase after putting all our clothes in. Then, I passed him and went into the garage.

"Lina! Stop it! Where are you going? Let's talk," Emma said as she followed me into the garage. "There's nothing to talk about, Emma! I'll go and stop causing you problems," I said, putting the suitcase in the trunk.

I walked past her and went back into the bedroom to pick up Zia with the blanket to keep her warm. "You're acting irrationally," Bob said as I went into the garage and put Zia in the backseat of the car.

After putting her in, I closed the door and looked at him. "I don't think so, I think I'm doing you a favor, be happy that you'll have live in peace after I'm gone with all my problems instead of trying to stop me!"

"Don't say that," he said with a frown.

"Why? It's true! Look at me! I'm nothing but chaos! Bringing chaos to everywhere I go! As if I'm cursed! As if I'm cursing the people around me to be unhappy! But I don't want you to be a part of my cursed life, I don't want you not to be happy, you deserve to be happy," I said with tears in my eyes.

I went to the backside of the trunk when he grabbed my wrist. "Don't go, Lina," he said to me, "you can't fight everyone alone. Let me help you."

"I don't need your help," I said, kicking off the tracker under my car with my food, "and I wasn't born yesterday not to notice this under my car."

"Lina ..."

"Goodbye, I love you brother." I pulled my wrist out of his grasp.

Then, I got in the car and started the engine before driving away. I had a long drive ahead of me. I was scared,  knowing my past caught me again, and started pulling me back into the life I was desperately trying to escape.

But I knew it was my fault, I acted like an idiot and took money from a man who was involved in my previous life. I dragged myself back into this life on my own.

And now? Now, I was going to be chased again. Not from my father, not from my brothers, not from him, but from the men of the man I killed.

This time, I was alone as I didn't want Bob to get involved in my mess again. But I knew I couldn't protect my daughter from the bastard's men and family I killed.

However, I knew someone who would protect my daughter. I knew he would protect his own flesh and blood.

Even if I hated the idea of going back to him, but I felt like I had no other choice.

❤️❤️❤️vote and comment❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 263K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
26.9K 1.3K 11
I REMEMBER WHEN I CUT MY PERM OFF & YOU RATED ME A SIX. ❪ eren, black fem!reader ❫ ❪ ©qewchee 2023 ❫
31.2K 645 14
Asia caught fanum's eye... I'm not a writer nor claim to be one lol. Tell me if there's any spelling mistakes, I'll take suggestions . If this is bad...
523K 13.5K 53
"What are you doing" I panted my eyes travelling towards his bee stung lips. "Tasting you" he said coming closer to bite my bottom lip. "And right no...