loss / marvel au

By gallia1999

heroes have been banned, and while they're split a new terror uprises (trust me the book is better than the d... More

chapter 1 / sue
chapter 2 / x's
chapter 3 / betts'
chapter 4 / cap
chapter 5 / torch
chapter 6 / fnhsm
chapter 7 / johnny's stupidity
chapter 8 / recruits
chapter 9 / upon arrival
chapter 10 / the dream dimension
chapter 11 / encounter 1 / halloween
chapter 12 / encounter 1 / "i guess we're zombie fighters too now?"
chapter 13 / encounter 1 / bolt
chapter 15/ encounter 2 / sirens
chapter 16 / encounter 2 / johnny's disquiet repose
chapter 17 / encounter 2 / sue's rage
chapter 18 / encounter 2 / katherine's offering

chapter 14 / encounter 2 / calm

17 3 2
By gallia1999

"Look at that... it seems we're coming up on another experience. Good thing I've been through enough trauma for this type of stuff to not affect me anymore." Kitty said, as they walked into what seemed to be another illusion.

"Sue? What's the plan this time!"

"I- I don't know! Can't you see that my brother is in pain and that's the only thing on my mind at the moment!" she replied, Johnny's arm slung around her shoulder while he limped right along beside her.

Not only were his powers gone, but the life had been sucked out of him as well. He was unable to move without Sue's help, and was also having troubles staying awake.

"I'm gonna talk to Strange. Hold on."

"Yes?"

"Is losing powers normal here?"

There was a silence

"I don't know." he replied, unsure.

"Oh,"

"Why, is everything alright?"

"N-no... it's Johnny. His powers are gone..."

"Woah..." said Peter, as the ratchet site began shuffling to a beautiful island, Strange disconnected, which let them take in the scenery themselves.

"You call this a nightmare?" asked Johnny.

"Well it sure seems he hasn't lost his sense of humor." Wanda said.

"Yeah, that's definitely still there."

"Where are we?" asked Kitty, in awe of the breathtaking setting.

"We're in hell. Keep that in mind." Betsy added, not having it.

"We're somewhere decent," said Steve.

"Decent? This place seems like paradise to me." added Peter.

"Yeah, well I'm just waiting for a flesh-eating disease to come out of the water." said Johnny.

"And look at that! Our clothes haven't changed either!" smiled Wanda.

"Let's go take a look around for that rift... and maybe something else." Sue ordered.

They began walking, as Sue stayed attentive of Johnny in the back, Steve taking the initiative to lead the group.

"Do you think they'll ever come back?"

"I'm sure they will. They always do." she smiled.

"No... but here. Without them here I'm a plain sailing-victim."

"That's why I'll protect you, I promise."

"Thanks, Suzie. Y'know... this is nice. There should be more time for nice."

"Agree—"

"What is that!" hollered Kitty from the front.

"It's a ship! Don't be surprise if they take us on as companions!" Betsy replied, grabbing Kitty as they hid behind a boulder, everyone else scrambling to find a hiding place as well.

"Wack looking ship they've got, but those are pirates." spoke Steve through his comm.

"And I'd hate to be the bear of bad news b-but I think they already saw us..." Peter said.

"Should we just surrender?" said Johnny, "I mean- judging by that tank they've got there's a lot of them."

"We are not surrendering, and if they find us they've got something else coming to them!" said Wanda, who was positioned with them replied.

"Oh god. Kill me now, they're coming towards us!" Kitty whispered.

"What? Get out of there, now!" Sue shakily said, "Kitty? Kitty are you there?"

"We have to go get them!" Peter yelled.

"Alright... okay, everyone just come out and... sorry I didn't plan for anything like this."

"They don't know we have powers... why not just get captured and take them out?" asked Wanda.

"Or we initiate a full-on ambush."

"Coming out and...?" Steve's voice trailed off.

"Just meet in the middle." said Johnny.

*
"My question is, exactly how dangerous are these guys?" asked Wanda.

"Well whoever they are they're most definitely no match for us." Sue replied, "Let's get going."

With Johnny still limp around her, she let the others move ahead, as they took their time moving towards the ship.

"Sue, just put me down. I'll be fine here."

"No, Johnny I'm not leaving you here."

"I'm fine, look." he let go of her, and began to shake while he meekly stood.

"My family values are greater then winning some battle against a couple pirates. Now come on."

"For a second there you sounded like Reed." he laughed, as they kept moving.

"Oh, really? That's cool." she said, sarcastically.

As they inched towards the ship, there was already a full on battle going on.

"You're going into a bubble while we wait." she said, angelically swaying her hands as a blue transparent sphere formed around Johnny, moving it up with her as she hopped into the ship.

At the middle of the battle, was Kitty, going to town on murdering pirates with their own swords, her hair had fallen out of a messy bun and now secured back into a low ponytail.

Sue decided to join in, blocking bullets with shields she'd formed, as she then continued to lift them inside one of her force fields and throw them overboard.

"Well... I think we got what we needed! Maybe it's time to get out of here?" said Peter, as an oncoming ship was now starting to become visible.

"I agree! Let's get out of here!" said Wanda, as they all began to flee, Johnny still being carried behind in a force field.

Once they were far enough, Sue let Johnny out of the force field, as he held his head and complained.

"I don't know if I'm getting weaker or more dizzy?"

"Well I mean, either is not good so I'd be careful." said Kitty.

"Don't worry Johnny, it should be gone in a minute or two." reassured Sue.

"If he's gonna be alright we better get moving. I wouldn't really like to figure out what else is around here." said Betsy.

"You're right. Let's go." Sue said, helping Johnny to his feet as she swung his arm back around her shoulder, leading the group further down the sand.

*
"We've been here a lot longer than expected..." Peter said, exhausted.

"But we can't quit now. The least we could do is find shelter or ground before nightfall." Sue replied, worn out from carrying the extra weight of Johnny and the beating sun. One of the worst things about this place was there was no telling what was in the water, judging from whatever they'd seen earlier.

"She's right. We better think about surviving before getting out." added Steve.

"And if we're gonna survive we'll need food." Peter complained, who'd taken off his mask and been waving it around like a fan.

"Kid, I promised you I'd get you food but we obviously haven't found any yet." Wanda replied, achey.

"Go figure why he's so hungry, none of us have eaten in days." said Johnny.

"Days?" Sue repeated.

"Yeah... days."

"The boys right. It seems though our dreams have only been lasting up to a couple hours, they add up. Not only that, but our bodies have been bone-tired from what seems to be what I think is a time change." Betsy added, dragging her blade behind her as beads of sweat rolled down her cheek, her once loose and perfectly flat hair now fastened in a high ponytail.

"So what you're saying, is time is different here?" asked Kitty

"From what I've observed, yes."

"So we could of possibly been here for years at this point?" asked Steve.

"Yeah,"

"Then why hasn't the Dr. said anything to us about it? Imagine we've actually been here for years in real time... how hasn't SHIELD just dropped the case yet?" asked Johnny.

"Because time seems to only be different in certain dreams."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 4K 64
》Complete《 Victoria Penelope Grace, a sixteen year old girl with the power of absolute sarcasm, gets texted by an unknown number. Unfortunately, her...
5.4K 89 85
A book of multiple different stories! I can take requests but it will be a slow updates! Have fun and I hope you enjoy this book!
22.6K 413 11
(book three) all peter & y/n want to do is graduate college & get to work in the real world without any distractions. they just want to hang out with...
1.1M 30.5K 76
In a reality where Peter Parker died with his parents and another asshole (you) got bit by a radioactive spider instead. Instead Of using your great...