Covens At War

By mrsnicky_

Him and everything he was made my blood boil. His family didnt like mine, mine didnt like his. Our covens wer... More

Pilot
Fun
Deals
Hate + Love
Rock wall
Selfishness
Ideas
Establishment
Individual
Technical
Some how
Approval
Explain
Denial
Derogatory
Tentatively
Ordinary
Signal
Recovery
Artificial
Nobility
Development
Childish
Overall
Occasionally
Priority
Functional
Untied
Typical
Unbelievable
Critical
Driven
Vital
Distinct
Dismissal
Proven
Logical
Belonging
Clarity
Level
Lovely
Hysterical
Chase
Driven
Bliss
Lethal
Possible
Memories
Prince
Begins
Antic
Upset
Vocal
Hell
Party
<3
Fall
Epic
Finale

Unintentional

685 16 4
By mrsnicky_

RAES POV
- - - - - - - - -

The fire surrounded my body. I was losing. I could feel Ryan slipping into reality as I didnt have enough to win. He was half here, half there. There was nothing I could do about it.

As I felt him win, I had the urge to not give up. I didnt want to die. I couldn't die.

I needed to be back in Mystic Falls with Damon, trying to build a relationship with Caroline and Stefan, trying to not have Elena and Bonnie hate me from the inside and out. But I also needed to be here for Ben.

It's amazing how a bond can effect both of you tremendously. He consumes me in a way like hes my child, like he was supposed to be mine.

So I didnt give up.

I didn't allow myself to give up.

***

I woke up gasping for air and wrapping my arms around me. I was in someone's arms walking through a crowd of my family. I looked up to see I was in Kais arms, for a split second he looked tired and full of regret, disappointment. But then he looked down at me in amazement as he felt my beating heart and my struggle for air.

I heard Ben crying, I looked around frantically to see what was going on, Kai set me down.

Ryan had just collapsed onto the hard ground in this wet and warm weather. Everyone was around him, gasping, sobbing, cursing. My brother was dead.

But I was alive.

And I felt amazing.

I looked for the crying baby the second I was done celebrating in my head. Of course he was in Jessica's arms. I walked over to them with Kai not too far behind me.

"You killed him!" She sobbed. I so badly wanted her to go with, but that was wrong and irresponsible. Right now it was time for me to calm everyone down and get them into our house.

"Everyone please move across the street! We are no longer wanted on this land." I yelled out. Jessica held crying Ben close to her body to calm him, and I was jealous. Everyone started to move and I dragged Ryan's body with my magic.

He looked like he was asleep, he looked to he at peace. He didnt seem to be in pain, and that was good.

When we got across the street I wrapped Ryan in a sheet and laid him on the couch. Everyone gathered around him, still grieving. All they did was mourn him. There was nothing they could do so the should just stop trying.

Jessica for once handed me Ben, he calmed down immediately once he was in my arms. I wiped his damp cheeks with my thumb as his bottom lip slightly curled.

I hushed him softly and rocked him up and down in the livingroom as everyone was huddled over the couch. Kai was behind me, he made his way towards the front door.

"Where are you going?" I whispered to him urgently.

"Back to Mystic Falls."

"Just... wait a moment." I sighed then looked back at Benny. "You behave, young man. I will be back to visit and to check up on you. I'm always here for you Benny. Be good for me." I whispered to him then kissed his soft forehead. I placed him on my hip and held him with one arm as the other made the rule book appear.

"I will govern us until I decide to resign my post." I spoke aloud while writing. "Each leader will be able to lead us until they reach the age of 40. If that current leader is blessed by immortality then they will pick whomever the choose after the first 100 years of their service, they will pick someone of age of 23. If am immortal leader dies unexpectedly, the coven must vote to be elected for the first 7 years before the called leader is aloud to leave. The rule of children being born every 20 years is no longer a following statement for us to follow." I yelled for everyone to hear, it was all being written down in the book.

"You also will all be able to govern yourselves. Any major problems or disagreements will be run past me for a finally decision if no one can come down to any conclusions." I squeezed Ben extra tight and kissed his temple before handing him off to Amy. "I am taking my leave." I clarified.

Then I snapped my fingers, Kai and I were in Nebraska, half way back home. I used my magic to drive us there the rest of the way so we could sleep.

The next morning we were parked in the driveway of the place Damon east staying at.

I got out of the car and slammed the door, startling Kai awake. I balled my fists as I walked up the stairs and to the front door.

"Rae, what's wrong." He asked me, I turned around on my heels to look at him.

"Kai, I get that there was a possibility that something sparked between us back at home, but that's all it was. A possibility. I'm sorry if I gave you any mixed signals about you and I."

"Rae, I asked you what was wrong. Not how you feel about you and I."

"And I'm just telling you that if anything happened at Portland that made you think you have a chance, you dont. I think Benny had more of an affect on me than I anticipated and it took control of me."

"I didnt want a chance."

"Good." The door opened behind me, I was invited in by a huge white smile and icey blue eyes along with opened arms.

"Rae!" Damon yelled happily at me, I smiled at him and wrapped my limbs around his torso. One of his arms was locked around my back and his other hand on the back of my neck over my hair, he rocked us back and forth slowly.

"I was worried when Kai left." He told me, still keeping me close to his body.

"Just stupid coven rules. Needed the leader of the Gemini coven to be there during the merge. So I kidnapped him." I giggled into his neck, then softly kissed it. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"That's my girl." He laughed and spun me around so that my back was facing the inside of the house, he gently set me on my feet and I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck then kissed him passionately.

He pulled away and scowled under his breath as Bonnie cleared her throat behind me. He looked up and glared at her as he moved me to the side and out of the way to let her get to Kai.

"Your temper is pretty short with her." I commented pressing my forehead on his.

"Yeah well when you listen to a girl make rude comments about your girlfriend for four days straight, you get frustrated." He said clenching his jaw.

"Aww... you big baby." I smiled, kissing him again.

"You should tell me everything that happened. I want it to be like I was there with you instead of him."

"Only if you tell me what you did while I was gone for a week first."

"Deal." He kissed me again the bent down and stuck his arms underneath my knees and pulled me into him.

He told me all about Nora and Mary Louise, about a day after I left there was a Halloween party they tricked them into going to so they couldn't get to Oscar, who is now dead. Then he got into a whole different story about a man named Julian what he meant to Lily. He apparently did some really bad things and they were trying to kill him, but then Lily showed up and tried to save him, and Damon tries to kill her but didnt succeed.

Then he started getting into a Phoenix Stone.

"Wait- you guys know what that is right? That stone is extremely dangerous and you should not mess with it."

"Yes, we now know what it is but at first we didnt. Bonnie did have the stone but now Enzo has it and he gave it to Lily and now Julian is alive and unfortunately very well."

"Is that it?"

He sighed, "No. There is one more thing."

"What, what is it?"

"Well it's not necessarily bad but... ugh. So Jo was pregnant with twins before Kai went psycho. The Gemini coven moved then into Caroline, which means we also now have a pregnant vampire- which by the was has never happened in the history of vampires."

"How did you guys figure this out?"

"Valerie."

"Oh god."

"Yeah. I'm not fond of her either. So tell me what you did!"

"My time can wait, what are we doing today?"

"Mother is throwing a party at our old place. We have since the beginning of this week teamed up with Lily and now she wants to help us kill Julian, but she is linked to him. So what we need to do is go to the party, unlink them, stake him and we are done!" Stefsn smiled as he walked down the stairs.

"Plans always sound so easy." I mumbled.

"We can wait though- at least I can wait. Tell me about what happened." Damon insisted, I sighed and jumped into it.

I skipped over the long drives and got into the reactions I got with my family, then I told him about me getting Kai and then him helping me with the merge. After that I went into the merge and what it felt like, how Ryan almost won and how I almost never came home. Then I told him about Ben, he was kind of scared, he didnt seem to know how to react about it. I told him about the emotional bond between me and Ben, he still was stumped.

"So you are bonded... to a baby."

"Its a lot less odd than it seems. It's more like I'm a parent for him, I feel the need to do anything and everything to keep him safe. He is family, so nothing would happen if that's why your hesitating."

"No its just... weird. I'm not judging, its just odd."

"Yeah, it is." I agreed with a laugh. "But there is no time for talk! We have got a vampire to kill!" I said patting his knee.

"Your going? Didnt you just... die? If your feeling ok, then I'll let you come. You just need to be sure."

"Yeah. Rae, you need to rest." Kai told me coming into the house.

"You need to chill with your obsession of telling me to rest." I said standing up and crossing my arms. "I know what I can and cant handle."

"Really? Because you almost killed yourself today. Because of me. So now you are resting."

"I took a ten hour nap on the way here. I feel stronger than ever. I'm fine!" Damon stood up and stepped in front of me, blocking Kaid line of sight from me.

"If she says shes fine, shes fine. End of discussion."

"If she goes out there with you and does something drastic, she'll kill herself!"

"That is not something you get to decide! If she was strong enough to go from the bottom to the top during a merge then she'll be fine helping us kill a vampire."

"Yeah, a vampire with a bunch of experience! What if she-"

"Last time I checked she is none of your concern! Do the thing that's the only thing keeping you out here, helping Bonnie." He obeyed and Kai walked away.

I had gotten back home probably and hour ago, yet Damon and Kai were already ready to rip each others heads off.

This is definitely going to be difficult.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 514 46
YOUR Y/N BENNETT YOUR STILL A VIRGIN (JUST TO LET YOU KNOW) Y/N IS MORE INTO FASHION SHE LIKES GIRLY STUFF BUT CAN ALSO SOMETIMES BE A TOMBOY,YOU USE...
62.5K 2.4K 40
The Travelers and the Gemini Coven had hated each other for two thousand years. It made complete sense for Kai Parker to kill the last Traveler when...
673K 17.6K 104
"I desire things which will destroy me in the end" Heroic sacrifice and selflessness were in Andie Walkers nature, so when push come to shove she sa...
43.8K 449 10
Read my random short stories abt imagine you're with them