This Love ✔️

By booklings21

Boring. That is one word to describe Sadie Jefferson's life. She goes to school, is on the honor roll, has tw... More

Introduction
1: This Beginning
2: This Boy
3: This History
4: This Concert
5: This Drunk
6: This House
7: This Game
8: This Phone Call
9: This Precious Jewel
10: This Book
11: This Smoke
12: This Dinner
13: This Invitation
14: This Skill
15: This New Girl
16: This Introduction
17: This Humiliation
18: This Intruder
19: This Advice
21: This Hurt
22: This Party
This Feeling
This Body
This News
This Illness
This Captor
This Kiss
This Confession
This Friend
This Band
This Stranger
This Singer
This Bite
This French Fry
This Cold Shoulder
This Middle Finger
This Story
This Warning
40: This Mother
This Partner
This Adventure
This Dirty Text
This Wake Up Call
This Cock-a-doodle-doo
This Heartbreak
This Verb
This Explanation
This Insight Part 1
50: This Insight Part 2
This Acknowlegment
This Backstory
This Loss
This Labyrinth
This Thing He Carries
This Murdering House Fly
This Awakening
This Photo Shoot
This Song
60: This Drunken Confession
This Secret I Keep
This Christmas
This Truth
This New Years
This New Schedule
This Goodbye
This Missing Person
This Surprise
This Present
70: This Brother
This Birthday
This Hot Lawyer (Sarah's POV)
I'm Begging You
This Letter
This Dream
This Jail Break
76: This Final Goodbye
This Epilogue
This Note
Bash's Pov 1
Bash's POV 2
Bash's POV 3
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 1
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 2
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 3
Xmas Bonus Chapter Part 4
Bash's POV 4
Cameo

20: This Tutoring Session

157K 5K 3.5K
By booklings21

A photo of Lucas above^^^
francisco lachowski!
Who wouldn't love him madly for 6 years?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!
I love hearing your guys' comments, I just don't have time to respond to them:( but I will now!

This Tutoring Session

"I think I have an idea as to how you're failing your classes," I tell Lucas as I observe him.

"One, I'm not failing, I'm almost failing. There's a difference and two; I want to hear your hypothesis."

After spending the past hour trying and failing to teach him physics I'm surprised he even knows the word hypothesis.

"Well for one you're swinging right now while you're supposed to be studying," I point out.

He looks at me strangely and says, "I don't get it."

"I think if you actually study and not play around on a child's play ground then you would get good grades." I huff.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in love with Lucas and I want to have a million babies with him but I would not want him to teach my children. When he suggested to tutoring in the park I thought it was for the sunny day, instead it was for his own amusement. He's been on the swings for the past twenty minutes while I've been glaring at his moving form. He even asked me to push him once.

He jumps off the swing set in mid-air and barely lands on his feet. He gains his balance and walks over to me with a guilty look on his face.

"I'm sorry Sadie," he admits, "You've been kind enough to help tutor me for free and I'm just being a total jerk off."

I can't help but forgive him since I'm just a very forgiving person, especially since he also has a small pout on his lips and his hands are stuffed into his pockets and his shoulders are drooped low.

I sigh and admire his beautiful innocence. "It's okay Lucas."

He smirks just a bit and says, "I promise I will sit down and study with you until the sun goes down on one condition."

"Which is?"

The sun blares down around us but the slight breeze helps with the heat. One negative thing about wearing a dress today was that its windy meaning that I have to be clutching the hem of my dress constantly so it won't fly up in the air and I won't flash people.

I'm very conscious of the little kids crowding the park as a little boy rushes over to the free swing that Lucas had just gotten off of. Frankly the whole swing set was empty thanks to Lucas, apparently he's not a very approachable person for kids.

"Go down the slide with me." His bright blue eyes light up with excitement like a little kid does on Christmas morning which I suppose is pretty much the same thing, if only Lucas was ten years younger.

I look to jungle gym of colorful metal bars and ropes and towers that is covered in screaming laughing kids. I don't hate kids but having to be around them for the past hour has taken a toll on my brain.

Still I can't pass up the hopeful smile on Lucas's face.

Sighing I say, "fine."

"Good," he chirps. He grabs my hand, not my wrist or my arm but my hand, actually entangles my fingers with his and just the small action has my heart beating out of my chest.

He leads me through the crowd of children as he patiently waits for them to move out of his path on the small playground, all the while I'm gasping for breath and my eyes don't leave our connecting hands.

When we get to the highest point of the playground which has the tallest slide and I think the only slide that would fit our large frames we have to wait in line for our turn. Ridiculous I know but I don't mind spending the extra time with his hand enclosed around mine.

"Ready," he asks eagerly as my turn comes up.

I nod my head and hopefully look enthusiastic about this whole odd experience. I sit down on the hot metal, careful to hold the hem of my dress so Lucas or one of the kids below won't sneak a peek.

Children around us look at us strangely, some smiling, some frowning, and some just look downright confused as to why two teenagers are playing on a playground. I want to tell them that I'm right there with them because I have no idea either.

I'm about to push off and end this whole thing when Lucas's legs come around mine from behind.

"What are you doing," I ask shocked.

His mouth is right next to my ear and as he speaks his warm breath tickles my skin. "I said we would go together, what did you think I meant?"

He grabs my hips and without my permission or any warning, he lifts me up onto his lap. I think I might have squealed.

Lucas doesn't give me time to tell him what I thought he meant and I don't think he cares. He pushes off and it only takes us three seconds, not even that, to reach the end.

"That wasn't as fun as I thought it would be," Lucas says disappointedly. "Let's go again."

I jump up from his lap, thankful for the space between us now that gives me a chance to breathe again. "We need to study now Lucas."

He groans and says, "Fine, but we get to go get ice cream after this."

As he walks past me to the table where our stuff is I let loose a grin and think to myself that he's more of a child then I thought he was. I kind of like it though, it shows he knows how to have fun.

"You are my favorite person in the world now," Lucas tells me with a mouthful of Rocky Road.

I laugh and ask why.

"Because you got gummy bears." He holds up his cup to mine which consists mostly of gummy bears then Rocky Road. "Gummy bears are like crack for me."

"Really? I wouldn't take you for the drug addicted type."

"Funny," he says and playfully taps my nose with his spoon.

"Gross." I wipe away the ice cream from my face, hoping that my pleased smile isn't apparent.

"But seriously I think I would marry any woman who bought me a bag of gummy bears."

"And I think you have very low standards."

He pretends to look offended. "I have very acceptable standards okay."

"So if a serial killer bought you a bag of gummy bears then you would still marry her?"

He nods his head. "I would propose to her right then and there but come on let's face it, no one will want to ruin this." He waves his hand in front of his face vigorously.

I laugh and give him no reply. We finish walking around the block, finishing our ice cream and heading back in the car for him to drive me home.

The car ride is silent, too silent, and I have feeling that something changed from the time we got ice cream to when we got in the car. I'm just too scared to ask about it.

"Well thanks again Lucas for driving me and for the ice cream," I tell him once we pull up to my house. "And now you're all set in Physics I'm sure."

I unbuckle myself and grip the door handle, ready to get out but stop when Lucas's hand rests on my shoulder. I turn to him feeling surprised since he hasn't said a word or made any communication with me since we got in the car.

His bright blue eyes stare into mine intensely and I know now for sure that something in the air has shifted.

"Yeah," I ask a little breathless. Even his gaze does something to me.

"Sadie," he whispers with a wounded look on his face. "I... uh..."

"What is it?" My worries grow larger with each second that passes and he stays silent with that tortured look on his face.

His hand moves from my shoulder up to my neck and farther up until he's cupping my cheek and running his thumb softly over my skin.

"Lucas," I whisper nervously but with the good kind of nerves.

"You're too innocent," he whispers, shocking me into silence.

Then his lips land on mine softly, in a breeze light kiss like the weather outside. His lips move against mine slowly making every one of my nerves stand on end and the hair on the back of my neck stand at attention. This is the kind of kiss that if I were to be standing up I would be putty on the ground by now.

He pulls away and our eyes slowly flutter open. He leans down so that his forehead rests against mine and he kisses me again twice before pulling away for the final time.

"Goodbye Lucas," I whisper and slide out of the car and close the door behind me.

Our eyes meet again in an intense stare down through the window until finally after a couple of silent seconds he pulls away from the curb.

Lucas Favero just kissed me.

I have been dreaming of this moment for years and it was as perfect as I imagined.

But then why do I feel that something's wrong? Something about that wasn't right.

•••
1. What do you guys think of them kissing?
2. What do you think will happen next?

...Find out tomorrow!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 42.3K 31
Kiana Taylor, a young librarian who's lives by herself in Compton. She has one best friend but is so introverted she barely has a social life. Aron D...
28.9M 710K 66
The good girl falls for the bad boy. But what if there is more to Sin Carter than a bad attitude, tattoos and piercings? And what if there is more to...
334 4 90
The first novel. Taylor Elena Harris on the cusp of becoming an adult finds herself captivated by Matty, but will their passionate relationship last...
575K 17.8K 87
Jessica Grayson has struggled with body dysmorphia and bullying for most of her life. And when she believes she has finally turned things around for...